Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
British Troops in Korea
Trk porno yayini yapan http://www.smfairview.com ve http://www.idoproxy.com adli siteler rokettube videolarini da HD kalitede yayinlayacagini acikladi. Ayrica porno indir ozelligiyle de http://www.mysticinca.com adli porno sitesi devreye girdi.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38

Thread: British Troops in Korea

  1. #1
    IRONMAN Guest

    Default British Troops in Korea

    I was wondering if anyone could explain why Britain sent so few troops to Korea. Obviously, a larger force would have helped. The US sent amny thousands, but Britain sent only a few thousand.

    This is the same scenario in other UN actions. While the US sends many thousands of troops, Britain sends a handful. I'm hoping some of the british members of this forum can tell us why britain contributes so little in comparison for international forces. Perhaps they can also explain why they send them at all if they don't publicly support the UN actions that they participate in.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Great Southern Land
    Posts
    889

    Default

    Because its not the their war, its the americans and the USA just brought england into it aswell as australia.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Inside your head taking notes
    Posts
    426

    Default

    CJ,Well done that man,we were still getting over a six year war and as Iron mans dad was there with his M1 carbine the govenment felt that the problem was solved.

  4. #4
    IRONMAN Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Commando Jordovski
    Because its not the their war, its the americans and the USA just brought england into it aswell as australia.
    How did the US bring Britain into the Korean War? They entered it by choice as a part of a UN Task Force? Surely you don't mean to imply that Britain follows the US around like a puppy?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Great Southern Land
    Posts
    889

    Default

    good post largebrew.

    Though Seriously IRONMAN, creating rooms like this you make yourself and the site look silly, we dont want new people and guests looking at these rooms and leaving thinking this is all a big arguement and proposterous debates just because of you.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,930

    Default

    Why is America so big and strong and Britian so small and puny?

    We sent smaller numbers to Korea as we had other things to be getting on with thank you,

    We send smallers numbers to day because we re a smaller army. nation.

    But what we lack in numbers we make up in quality. Hence the Yanks saying "pretty please send one of your BGs up to a sh*thole called Camp Dogwood"
    If you post idiocy, don't get upset if you are seen as an idiot.... I don't.

    Here endth the lesson.




    Have you seen any combat?

    Seen a little on TV.

    You talk the talk, but do you walk the walk?



  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    British Empire
    Posts
    1,389

    Default

    Because we also had an entire Empire to worry about and were skint (had no money for the non-Brits) because we'd bothered to fight a whole World War (again) instead of sitting on our arses doing sod all for the first three years (again)?
    The Gurkha soldier
    Bravest of the brave
    Most generous of the generous
    Never had country
    More faithful friends
    Than you

  8. #8
    IRONMAN Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Commando Jordovski
    good post largebrew.

    Though Seriously IRONMAN, creating rooms like this you make yourself and the site look silly, we dont want new people and guests looking at these rooms and leaving thinking this is all a big arguement and proposterous debates just because of you.
    Matbe you don't like the question, but that's not an anwer to the qquestions.

  9. #9
    IRONMAN Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1000ydstare
    Why is America so big and strong and Britian so small and puny?

    We sent smaller numbers to Korea as we had other things to be getting on with thank you,

    We send smallers numbers to day because we re a smaller army. nation.

    But what we lack in numbers we make up in quality. Hence the Yanks saying "pretty please send one of your BGs up to a sh*thole called Camp Dogwood"
    You mean britain has an army of 10,000? Come on. Britain was not involved in any other war at the time. So why did they send a smattering fw to Korea?

  10. #10
    IRONMAN Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BDL
    Because we also had an entire Empire to worry about and were skint (had no money for the non-Brits) because we'd bothered to fight a whole World War (again) instead of sitting on our arses doing sod all for the first three years (again)?
    Empire? What empire? There is no British empire. Hasn't been for 100 years, almost. So you're saying that because Britain faught WWI they were afraid to fight in Korea?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paramilitary wing of CAMRA
    Posts
    4,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IRONMAN
    Empire? What empire? There is no British empire. Hasn't been for 100 years, almost. So you're saying that because Britain faught WWI they were afraid to fight in Korea?
    Actually, the vast majority of the Empire was dismantled in the years after WW2. India got independence in 1948 for instance, and most of the rest got independence in the 1950s and 1960s.
    The real reason we sent so few troops to Korea was that we were busy fighting the Malayan Emergency. This consisted of a large number of Communist Rebels hiding in jungles and launching attacks on the civilian population, with a fair bit of support from China. Rather like Vietnam really, only we won. However, what with that, sorting out the Mau Mau in Kenya, deploying large numbers of troops to Germany to keep the Russians out and an economy that had collapsed once US aid was removed at the end of WW2 we really didn't have many troops to send. IIRC (I don't have the paperwork to hand) we sent something like 15,000 to 20,000 troops all in, including air and naval units. The RN contribution was pretty big, on the basis they couldn't do a lot in Germany or Kenya.
    I have neither the time nor the inclination to differentiate between the incompetent and the merely unfortunate - Curtis E LeMay

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    British Empire
    Posts
    1,389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IRONMAN
    Empire? What empire? There is no British empire. Hasn't been for 100 years, almost. So you're saying that because Britain faught WWI they were afraid to fight in Korea?
    Really? No British Empire for a hundred years you say? The Indians must be gutted that they waited until 1948 to get their indepenance then.

    If you must try to make funny remarks, at least make sure you have your facts right first.
    The Gurkha soldier
    Bravest of the brave
    Most generous of the generous
    Never had country
    More faithful friends
    Than you

  13. #13
    IRONMAN Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pdf27
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONMAN
    Empire? What empire? There is no British empire. Hasn't been for 100 years, almost. So you're saying that because Britain faught WWI they were afraid to fight in Korea?
    Actually, the vast majority of the Empire was dismantled in the years after WW2. India got independence in 1948 for instance, and most of the rest got independence in the 1950s and 1960s.
    The real reason we sent so few troops to Korea was that we were busy fighting the Malayan Emergency. This consisted of a large number of Communist Rebels hiding in jungles and launching attacks on the civilian population, with a fair bit of support from China. Rather like Vietnam really, only we won. However, what with that, sorting out the Mau Mau in Kenya, deploying large numbers of troops to Germany to keep the Russians out and an economy that had collapsed once US aid was removed at the end of WW2 we really didn't have many troops to send. IIRC (I don't have the paperwork to hand) we sent something like 15,000 to 20,000 troops all in, including air and naval units. The RN contribution was pretty big, on the basis they couldn't do a lot in Germany or Kenya.

    15,000 when the US sent 100 times that much? You have yet to explain why Britain sent a smattering of men to the most important conflict on the planet at the time. Please, do try.

  14. #14
    IRONMAN Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BDL
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONMAN
    Empire? What empire? There is no British empire. Hasn't been for 100 years, almost. So you're saying that because Britain faught WWI they were afraid to fight in Korea?
    Really? No British Empire for a hundred years you say? The Indians must be gutted that they waited until 1948 to get their indepenance then.

    If you must try to make funny remarks, at least make sure you have your facts right first.
    No answers eh? Well, it's obvious why.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    British Empire
    Posts
    1,389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wardodger
    No answers eh? Well, it's obvious why.
    You've been answered - we sent what we could afford to send, considering at the time we were also sorting out a Communist rebellion in Malaya and insurrection in Kenya, as well as garrisoning Germany and the still widespread British Empire.
    The Gurkha soldier
    Bravest of the brave
    Most generous of the generous
    Never had country
    More faithful friends
    Than you

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. German weapons in korean war?
    By FW-190 Pilot in forum Korean War
    Replies: 175
    Last Post: 04-30-2007, 03:34 PM
  2. World War 3 - Off topic - sorry
    By arhob1 in forum 2005 Archive Room
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-22-2005, 08:32 PM
  3. Leon Degalle's Interview.
    By Hosenfield in forum 2005 Archive Room
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-27-2005, 11:10 PM
  4. Terrifying future
    By FW-190 Pilot in forum 2005 Archive Room
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 08-04-2005, 06:49 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •