Türk porno yayini yapan http://www.smfairview.com ve http://www.idoproxy.com adli siteler rokettube videolarini da HD kalitede yayinlayacagini acikladi. Ayrica porno indir ozelligiyle de http://www.mysticinca.com adli porno sitesi devreye girdi.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 24 of 24

Thread: Shades of Special Forces

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Southeastern USA
    Posts
    151

    Thumbs down Re: Shades of Special Forces

    Quote Originally Posted by Rising Sun* View Post
    I must be be in a nitpicking mode tonight, but I spent a few years working in an industry where we worked ten hour shifts five days a week starting from a bit below freezing (0C / 32F) in winter to very hot being well above (50C / 120F) with high humidity in summer, with steady physical work during the shift.

    I can't imagine why anyone working in such heat would put anything they didn't have to on their head, because anything just increases the heat unnecessarily. I'd rather sweat than increase the heat.

    To alleviate the need to continually wipe sweat out of ones face and eyes. Like anything though it is personal preferences. I prefer the dew rag type like is pictured above on Tom Berenger because it keeps your neck from getting burnt and in very short order it becomes soaked in sweat so you have the same effect as placing a wet rag on your head. Maybe not the most sanitary but it works.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    2,923

    Default Re: Shades of Special Forces

    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Devil View Post
    To alleviate the need to continually wipe sweat out of ones face and eyes. Like anything though it is personal preferences. I prefer the dew rag type like is pictured above on Tom Berenger because it keeps your neck from getting burnt and in very short order it becomes soaked in sweat so you have the same effect as placing a wet rag on your head. Maybe not the most sanitary but it works.
    That may be so, but the standard British Army floppy hat is one of the better pieces of headgear for wearing in the jungle. As well as breaking up the outline of the head - as one of the basic lessons in fieldcraft explain the need to disguise 'shape' - it also prevents all kinds of unpleasant things from dropping onto your scalp from the foliage that you're passing through. As far as keeping the sun off the neck, well, its brim also serves to shade the neck and face from the effects of the sun if in a place where the sun is intense...the hat is of the same design as those worn in the desert, the colour being the difference. As for sweat getting into the eyes, it'll do that whatever head gear you happen to be wearing, or not wearing, however, again the brim of the hat does offer some protection from the rain particularly in the Ulu, where it continues to fall from the trees long after the rain clouds have given up.

    As for wrapping something about the head: the British Army issue faceveil serves that purpose rather well, and by its nature assists in breaking up the outline/shape of the head, but that would become very hot in jungle conditions, unless at altitude. It is large enough to be worn about the head, shemagh fashion, allowing enough loose material to breakup the shape.

    http://www.hayesotoupalik.com/images/DSCF1336.jpg
    Last edited by 32Bravo; 06-08-2009 at 01:59 PM.


    "Although God cannot alter the past, Historians can"


    Samuel Butler


  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    201

    Default Re: Shades of Special Forces

    Quote Originally Posted by 32Bravo View Post
    When we were in the ulu, it was a very rare occassion if ever we chaps sighted the sun. We operated in an emerald twilight and shades would have been ridiculous there, but even in areas of intense sunlight, shades were not considered good practice, if you get my drift.


    The only times something like shades were worn was in the rear area.
    Nobody is stoopid enough to wear them in triple canopy or sneaking about in the bush.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    201

    Default Re: Shades of Special Forces

    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Do you mean something like this?:



    =D
    Not even close.
    They were pilots glassses green ectangles with straight earpieces.

    They were not worn in the field.
    They were in the Rolex, "Yard bracelet, demo knife, star sapphire and divorce arena of required SF gear.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    2,923

    Default Re: Shades of Special Forces

    Quote Originally Posted by forager View Post
    The only times something like shades were worn was in the rear area.
    Nobody is stoopid enough to wear them in triple canopy or sneaking about in the bush.

    Try telling Hollywood that , or those movie buffs that are unable to distinguish between fantasy and reality...by the way, is stoopid what we English would describe as being stupid?


    "Although God cannot alter the past, Historians can"


    Samuel Butler


  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Southeastern USA
    Posts
    151

    Default Re: Shades of Special Forces

    Quote Originally Posted by 32Bravo View Post
    That may be so, but the standard British Army floppy hat is one of the better pieces of headgear for wearing in the jungle.
    I certainly won't argue that fact. The only downside to a floppy hat (I assume that is the same as what is referred to as a bonnie hat here) is that it does hold more heat on top of the head when compared to a bandana but as you pointed out it breaks up outlines better and the brim is useful for keeping the sun out of the eyes. Like I said earlier it is just the personal preference of the wearer in the end.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    3,857

    Default Re: Shades of Special Forces

    The ones Ive encountered tend to slide towards the Oakleys in more recent years.

    I wonder what drives the Military Sunglass market? SF Chique?

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    2,923

    Default Re: Shades of Special Forces

    Last edited by 32Bravo; 06-10-2009 at 01:02 PM.


    "Although God cannot alter the past, Historians can"


    Samuel Butler


  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    2,923

    Default Re: Shades of Special Forces

    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Devil View Post
    I certainly won't argue that fact. The only downside to a floppy hat (I assume that is the same as what is referred to as a bonnie hat here) is that it does hold more heat on top of the head when compared to a bandana but as you pointed out it breaks up outlines better and the brim is useful for keeping the sun out of the eyes. Like I said earlier it is just the personal preference of the wearer in the end.
    In Borneo,British S.F. trimmed the sides off their floppy hats so that they were left with just a peak.

    Check out my old hero Geordie :http://uk.images.search.yahoo.com/im...sigb=13fladb62

    This chap is wearing a faceveil as a sweat rag, but he isn't patrolling, he's doing a bit of the old Hearts-and-minds - judging by the vest, I would guess he's an ANZAC

    http://uk.images.search.yahoo.com/im...f825326360bcc8

    And geordie with both floppy hat and faceveil. http://uk.images.search.yahoo.com/im...sigb=12sriqg29
    Last edited by 32Bravo; 06-10-2009 at 01:14 PM.


    "Although God cannot alter the past, Historians can"


    Samuel Butler


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •