Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Argentina's claim on the Falklands is still a good one

Default ...No pasa...

I suppose it's a little like thinking about winning the lottery. For a few minutes after purchasing an essentially worthless ticket, one's mind can take a vacation and think of all the wonderful possibilities that would open up if only one won! It's like a nearly free vacation from the workaday cares of the world. That must be what the Falklands are to the Argentinians, something outside of themselves, a shining city on the hill, a taliesin of the mind, or a free ticket to an all-nude Club Med on the Isle of Guadaloupe. That must be it!

But, like all such fantasies, it will not come to pass. El condor, no pasa....

Sorry man, but I have no the slightest idea of what a hell you try to say in your last post.

Any chance that you explain or is that you just like the garblings post ?

My knowledge about non-argentine South American music is extremely limited but I know that El condor pasa is a peruvian song...so just for the record.

This is Peru:

And this is Argentina:

No response ???

Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Panzerknacker View Post
    No response ???

Ha.
    Huh?

Ah!

Aha!

Ha! Ha!

That should clear it up.

No response ???

Ha.
    Or was that 'ha' in Spanish? Which clears it up less.

No response ???

Ha.
    And just for completeness, Babel translates the quote from Spanish to English as

"not response? it has."

That definitely clears it up.

I do so like mystical posts.

Second the war might be over but the conflict continue and it will continue until :

- A meteorite hit the Earth and finished with all the freaking planet.

- The island returned to Argentine hands. ( radical aproach but fair one)

-Another war began.
    At least, Panzer, you are quite consistent and I have to salute you for hanging in here and robustly defending the Argentinian point of view. I think that is quite commendable. I can't agree personally with any of it, but that's why they call it DISagreement. I can't help but be surprised at the some of the more or less violent imagery - a meteorite hit the Earth (holy smokes) - that sometimes accompanies your posts, but perhaps that is the latin passion for you. What I don't get is why the Argentinians waste so much energy on this issue. It reminds me a bit of arguments between university professors which tend to be almost unbelievably vicious over completely trivial topics and where the stakes are practically nil.

I suppose the US could always just annex the Canadian province of Quebec. We did invade it once but unfortunately got roundly thrashed on the PLains of Abraham on top of the cliff in front of Quebec City. After all, Quebec is basically the same land mass as America, and so what if the people there speak a different language? I'm sure that the Quebecois who don't like the English Canadians very much would like their raucous neighbors to the south even less, and if it came to a vote, wouldn't vote to join us either. I mean, who cares, really, what they think?

Tell you what, maybe we could propose that Canada seize the French Islands of St. Pierre and Miquelon which lie menacingly at the mouth of the St. Lawrence Seaway. Quebec for these two islands - what a deal.

Nah, Panzer, I'm sorry, that doesn't make any more sense than Argentina laying claim to the Falklands either. Sorry. I admire your pluck, Panzer, but can't bring myself to buying your reasoning, no matter how hard I try.
    Last edited by royal744; 06-01-2007 at 09:58 PM.

At least, Panzer, you are quite consistent and I have to salute you for hanging in here and robustly defending the Argentinian point of view. I think that is quite commendable
    Thanks. And by the way, I dont try too sell nothing, I am just giving a opinion wich (I think) represent a large portion of the argentine public.

And remember the firt post of this issue, was a british who said the the islands should be Argentines....I agree with him.

OAS unanimous support for Argentina’s Falklands’ claim

Tuesday, June 5, 2007
    Direct Link: http://www.mercopress.com/vernoticia.do?id=10660&formato=html

As has been the rule the 37th Organization of American States Foreign Secretaries summit unanimously approved a declaration in support of Argentina’s claim to the Malvinas/Falklands islands while Argentina pounded Britain for its unilateral actions ignoring cooperation understandings.

The OAS meeting this time was held in Panama and the main topic energy, however recent events in Venezuela overshadowed the summit with a strong clash between Venezuela’s Nicolás Maduro and US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice who walked out of the meeting applauded by the delegates.

Argentina’s Foreign Secretary Jorge Taiana said that “UK does not cease to carry out unilateral actions contrary to the cooperation convened under the (Falklands/Malvinas) sovereignty formula” and exemplified recalling the awarding of oil exploration and production licences in the disputed area.

This attitude contradicts the Argentine/British joint declaration of September 27 regarding activities in the South western Atlantic, and the international community mandate, “forcing Argentina to end such understanding”, added the Argentine delegate.

Taiana said the issue had been recently addressed by all Latinamerican leaders during the first South American Energy Summit, which approved a presidential declaration supporting Argentina’s decision to conclude the 1995 Argentina/UK Joint declaration.

Taiana further on said that on the 25th anniversary of the conflict, “I would like to pay respectful homage to all those who gave their lives and efforts in the South Atlantic”. But “this (1982) conflict did not alter the legality or nature of the dispute” and this has been recognized by the international community, which has repeatedly called on both sides to resume talks on the issue.

Finally Taiana said that for over a year Argentina has repeatedly invited the United Kingdom to maintain an open dialogue over the current situation of all existing provisional understandings, and particularly the context framework: the existence of the Falklands/Malvinas sovereignty dispute and the obligation on both sides to solve it by the resumption of bilateral negotiations, “unfortunately the UK intransigency has not allowed so far this frank and open dialogue”.

The declaration in support of Argentina’s Falklands/Malvinas “legitimate claims” and call for resumption of dialogue and a peaceful solution was presented by the Uruguayan delegate.

According to Taiana OAS has passes ten resolutions and 14 declarations in support of Argentina on the Falklands sovereignty dispute.

OAS unanimous support for Argentina’s Falklands’ claim

Tuesday, June 5, 2007
    Direct Link: http://www.mercopress.com/vernoticia.do?id=10660&formato=html

But “this (1982) conflict did not alter the legality or nature of the dispute”
    Was there a rush of bog Irish immigration to Argentina at some stage?

Do you just enjoy banging your heads on a brick wall to no purpose?

... and this has been recognized by the international community, which has repeatedly called on both sides to resume talks on the issue.
    Evidence?

As soon as the OAS becomes even slightly relevent to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, I'm sure the vote will effect our stance...

Why are you so keen to have a couple of islands where none of the residents want you?
    The Gurkha soldier
    Bravest of the brave
    Most generous of the generous
    Never had country
    More faithful friends
    Than you

I see Argentina continues with their "charm" offensive and then they wonder why the Islanders tell them to "get stuffed".

You know the Islanders might wish to have closer relationships with South America if perhaps they were allowed to have any sort of relationship with the OAS. But since the OAS refuses to recognise them as Argentina would fling its rattle from the pram probably not.

The Islanders aren't even allowed to compete in the South American games, well not exactly true, they could if they competed as Argentines but as thats known to be unacceptable to them it amounts to the same thing.

You really don't get it.

My intention with the last post is to show that Argentina is not alone in his legitime claim.

Why are you so keen to have a couple of islands where none of the residents want you?
    I have a better and more modern example of a military involved in a conflict far more bloody and complicated than the 1982 war, in a country that none of the residents like him and with no solution in the near future, even more that military is not commanded by a dictatorial "junta" but for a democracy ( even there is still some blue blood people in that country)....but for respect to the people who is fighting there (several of them members of this forum) I will not mention further details.

I see Argentina continues with their "charm" offensive and then they wonder why the Islanders tell them to "get stuffed".

Always better than a bombing offensive.

I have a better and more modern example of a military involved in a conflict far more bloody and complicated than the 1982 war, in a country that none of the residents like him and with no solution in the near future, even more that military is not commanded by a dictatorial "junta" but for a democracy ( even there is still some blue blood people in that country)....but for respect to the people who is fighting there (several of them members of this forum) I will not mention further details.
    this is amazing ... but true ,Panzerknacker
    I/m supporting the respect to the members of our forum ( who is fighting in Iraq) but nevertheless i have to say the British involvement in this pro-Israel adventure is more then disputable then the Argentinians claims for the Falklands
    This is pure dual standarts to blame the " Argentinian junta" for the couple pitiful islands and at the same time participate in the full scale war agression ( for the alien interests) the whole country.
    Just IMO
    Always better than a bombing offensive.
    But sometimes the bombing offensive ( that could kill a handreds thousands civil peoples ) could safe the millions?
    Don't you understand it already?

"I decide who is a Jew and who is an Aryan "- Hermann Goering

The difference is that we don't want to own Iraq... surely that is obvious?
    1884 electric cartridge. Look similar to anything?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information