Thread: A problem with Sudden Strike 2

Default A problem with Sudden Strike 2

Hi !

I have a problem, and if someone could help me, I would be very happy !
    On my old computer, an AMD 1600, I could play SS 2.
    But this year, i bought a new computer, an AMD 3000+, video card : PCX Leadtek LKPX 6600 GTTDH and 512 MB RAM. I have also installed WinFast 3D.

And there is a problem...

When i launch the SS 2, it appears a black screen and only the cursor, no background music; and it's not responding, the cursor being blocked. After 5 seconds, it quits, and the error is n2cad1024.dll .

I tried a lot of things...

Finally, I disabled the WinFast 3D. And a change occured, which made me more optimistic ! When I launched the SS 2 again, it appered a black screen again, but I could hear the background music. I couldn't see the cursor, but I knew that it was moving across the menu, because I could hear when it hit an option (like Single Player, Ratings, Options, ...). Also, if i pressed ESC, and then left arrow and ENTER, the game closed. So the game responses to my commands !

But I can't see the menu; all that I can see is a black screen...

And so my optimism reduced to 0 again.

I hope someone on this forum can help me, offer me a suggestion or an advice...

Because the World War II is my hobby, I wish to play this game again !
    The Sudden Strike is really the most realistic strategy game I have ever played !

PS : A happy new year !

Firstly install the lates version of Direct9.0. I had the simuar problems with "Faces of War" while not installed the latest Direct
    Cheers.

"I decide who is a Jew and who is an Aryan "- Hermann Goering

I have DirectX 9.

Quote Originally Posted by galex View Post
    I have DirectX 9.
    Check the date of release your Direct. You need the LATEST version.

"I decide who is a Jew and who is an Aryan "- Hermann Goering

Exclamation Sudden Strike 2 crash!!!!

I have the same problem!
    Ive donloaded the latest version of directx but it continues to crash. Is this a confict with the newest graphic cards?
    Thanks.

Ive played SS2 and not sure what your problem is. Ive ran it on less than what you have and it was fine. Just a wild guess maybe your overshooting the graphics. I honestly dont know but you computer from what youve show should run it. Its not that taxing by today's standards.

101st Airborne

Thanks, ive solve the problem.
    Now i have a new question. I supose you know the "unsue"?
    That file that can extract the .sue files...
    I can extract them, edit them (with the DescrEdit) but i cant save them back to the original .sue files
    Some help?
    Thanks

Pleas , tell me how did u do to solve the problem of the black screen. I still have the same problem for long time now, exactly the same probleme, so if u can tell me how to do... thx

Default Re: A problem with Sudden Strike 2

Hi,

i am new in this forum.
    I have a problem with Sudden Strike 2.
    I play it under Windows XP, usually using the multiswitcher. I can play the game, but I receive an error message when I try to save the game. I can still continue playing just without being able to save the game. All game requirements are exceeded by my computer.
    I previously played it under Windows 2000 on a different PC and everything was working correctly. So, I guess, I has to do with XP.
    I am grateful for any hints.
    thanks

Monash

Default Re: A problem with Sudden Strike 2

Well, according to Wiki...
    Sudden Strike 2 has several issues on Windows XP and will not run in a normal configuration
    Quite a lot of older games have this problem - Max Payne is another example.
    I have neither the time nor the inclination to differentiate between the incompetent and the merely unfortunate - Curtis E LeMay

Thread Information