Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: British Helmets and Other Equipment in World War II

Quote Originally Posted by Rising Sun* View Post
    As I found out the hard way, one thing that rubber soled boots can do a lot better than the studded ones is allow the wearer to keep his footing in a fight on smooth concrete. Not the best thing when you're surrounded by a few blokes and have to keep turning rapidly, and can't kick with one of those beautifully hard toe caps for fear of ending up on your bum and copping a kicking yourself.

But they are better than rubber on concrete if one allows the tail to whip in the way of the dragon.

"Fellas, Let's Go!"

Henry V - Azincourt

Quote Originally Posted by 32Bravo View Post
    But they are better than rubber on concrete if one allows the tail to whip in the way of the dragon.
    Mate, my tail is at the front and my missus is the only dragon it's allowed to whip at. And then only in passing. With or without rubber.

32Bravo

Just in case I missed it on your last post, were you referring to removing the belt and slashing with the brasses?

'Cos I was in that situation and it doesn't work too well when your feet are slip slidin' away!

32Bravo

Just in case I missed it on your last post, were you referring to removing the belt and slashing with the brasses?

'Cos I was in that situation and it doesn't work too well when your feet are slip slidin' away!

Sorry, I wasn't. I was referring to the way that the boots will slide on concrete, thus enabling one to spin. The rest describes something by way of technique.

"Fellas, Let's Go!"

Henry V - Azincourt

Just to be picky, what's wrong with the Bren gun photos?

And the Welch Regiment photo, athough consistent with action?

It's to do with the same objects in each photo.

As I've attracted absolutely no interest but mine, I'll now answer my own question to try to encourage more careful scrutiny of the re-encator photos for faults.

The Bren. Which side does the Bren eject from? On which side are the ejected cases?

The Welch bloke. There's an unfired round on the floor among the ejected cases. Could be an IA, or just bad props.

As I've attracted absolutely no interest but mine, I'll now answer my own question to try to encourage more careful scrutiny of the re-encator photos for faults.

The Bren. Which side does the Bren eject from? On which side are the ejected cases?

The Welch bloke. There's an unfired round on the floor among the ejected cases. Could be an IA, or just bad props.
    Awww! I knew that. I thought you were referring to the quality of the photo.

"Fellas, Let's Go!"

Henry V - Azincourt

Mate, my tail is at the front and my missus is the only dragon it's allowed to whip at. And then only in passing. With or without rubber.
    I missed this post. I really must try to stay awake.

Does the missus permit the whipping of the tail, or is it a test of how alert she is...I would have thought it more appropriate to 'whip it' in her absence?

"Fellas, Let's Go!"

Henry V - Azincourt

Awww! I knew that. I thought you were referring to the quality of the photo.
    Pity there's no Welsh goat in the photo. Who knows what side, or end, they eject from?

I missed this post. I really must try to stay awake.
    Well, if you're very, very good, and eat all your porridge, nanny might allow you to stay up late.

Does the missus permit the whipping of the tail, or is it a test of how alert she is...
    Alert?

We're talking about a married woman here! Tail whipping is interest factor zero minus eleven trillion on her scale. Not like important stuff like handbags and shoes and whether their fat arses actually look fat in anything smaller than a circus tent. Which, upon pain of death, we always tell them look like a tight little peach, and just as yummy.

Do you know what constitutes foreplay for an Aussie husband ? Ask the missus "Are you awake?". Although the more considerate husbands ask that before, rather than after, exercising their conjugal rights. Or is it the other way around? Who cares?

I would have thought it more appropriate to 'whip it' in her absence?
    You are confusing lonely desperation wth appropriateness.

Women have sex to get married.

Men get married to have sex.

Only one gender is going to be perpetually disappointed by marriage.

Or have I said that before?

You are confusing lonely desperation wth appropriateness.

Women have sex to get married.

Men get married to have sex.

Only one gender is going to be perpetually disappointed by marriage.

Or have I said that before?
    Yes, you have. You are sounding increasingly desperate. Come on you are letting the side down....get out there and get some before the Welsh have them all!

"Fellas, Let's Go!"

Henry V - Azincourt

Yes, you have. You are sounding increasingly desperate. Come on you are letting the side down....get out there and get some before the Welsh have them all!
    are we talking about women or sheep here

Quote Originally Posted by Winters View Post
    are we talking about women or sheep here
    Women.

I'm not a Kiwi.

point taken

The British military mainly used the M-1917 and the wore caps or whatever you call them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Malarky View Post
    The British military mainly used the M-1917 and the wore caps or whatever you call them.
    Errr... what? If you're talking about the helmet, the M-1917 is a copy of the British Brodie helmet (the earliest ones were bought from the UK) as at the time the US entered the war they had effectively no modern equipment.
    I have neither the time nor the inclination to differentiate between the incompetent and the merely unfortunate - Curtis E LeMay

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information