Türk porno yayini yapan http://www.smfairview.com ve http://www.idoproxy.com adli siteler rokettube videolarini da HD kalitede yayinlayacagini acikladi. Ayrica porno indir ozelligiyle de http://www.mysticinca.com adli porno sitesi devreye girdi.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 85

Thread: Why did Guderian stop at Dunkirk?

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    9,281

    Default Re: Why did Guderian stop at Dunkirk?

    Quote Originally Posted by imi View Post
    sorry if someone not clear these basic things who attack who under ww2, for me uneducated and stupid
    In the elemetary school teaching this theme for 14 years olds
    I consider that Laconia has a much better understanding of the relevant history than you do.

    You are entitled to your opinion, as Laconia and I are to ours.

    Just be respectful of others in disputing their opinion, and do so with reasoned argument and presentation of facts.

    As I said in my last post, there is no need for comments such as Laconia being uneducated and stupid because his opinion disagrees with yours.

    As you have chosen to repeat the specific comment of the type I advised you not to repeat, and in doing so added the comment that 14 year olds in your education system are taught what I regard as your distorted view of the relevant history and thus implied that Laconia lacked the intelligence and education of a 14 year old, you now have an official mod warning not to engage in this sort of conduct.
    ..
    A rational army would run away.
    Montesquieu

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Up in the land of the Yoopers.
    Posts
    4,311

    Default Re: Why did Guderian stop at Dunkirk?

    IMI, you're going on about Jews again, so another advisory correction for you. You do not seem to take RS* advice on board, so allow me to deepen its impression upon you by seconding that advice, and adding my own. If you cannot control what you post, then refrain from posting until you can control it. Should you continue to demonstrate this lack of control, then the Staff will be forced to do it for you by editing, or deleting posts that do not conform to Site rules. This is not something we wish to do, but we are the ones who maintain the integrity of this Site for the benefit of all of its members.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    249

    Default Re: Why did Guderian stop at Dunkirk?

    Quote Originally Posted by imi View Post
    - You are stupid and looks like uneducated, first you don't correctly known basic things who start the war whom

    - Hitler not want war, only back the ancient city of Danzig, gives 24 hours capitulation which the Poles denied. The city of Danzig illegally taken away by the Versailles Peace Treaty (like breaking up the 72% of the Austro Hungarian Monarchy)

    - We aren't speak concentration work camps, we speaking about the World War 2. You are a Jew provocateur?

    - Norway and Netherland occupation was preventive action from the German side was due to a possible British invasion,the Abwerh (German Secret Services) notice Hitler, England try to design a disembarkation in these Eastern countries

    - Belgium was strongly connected to Germany under Hitler leadership,in the reality was independent like Switzerland and most of the German firearms developed in Belgium before WW2

    - Hitler not want to occupy whole Poland he was only interested in separated old german territorries and cities like Danzig, and he is very carefully done through the Polish campaign, the separated 6 million German population in Poland is not damaged, only military targets were attacked

    Read more about the the subject and not just Jewish-English-Russian-American publications
    Ah, I see what we have here - a neo Nazi who continues on with Nazi propaganda some 70 years after the war. Unbelievable!

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    -
    Posts
    759

    Default Re: Why did Guderian stop at Dunkirk?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rising Sun* View Post
    I consider that Laconia has a much better understanding of the relevant history than you do.

    You are entitled to your opinion, as Laconia and I are to ours.

    Just be respectful of others in disputing their opinion, and do so with reasoned argument and presentation of facts.

    As I said in my last post, there is no need for comments such as Laconia being uneducated and stupid because his opinion disagrees with yours.

    As you have chosen to repeat the specific comment of the type I advised you not to repeat, and in doing so added the comment that 14 year olds in your education system are taught what I regard as your distorted view of the relevant history and thus implied that Laconia lacked the intelligence and education of a 14 year old, you now have an official mod warning not to engage in this sort of conduct.
    I world war 2 theme about 20 years. Do you think I am incompetent about World War 2?

    - Laconia is write about the war the view of the US
    - You write about the war the view of Australia (australia also declared war on Germany, in the same date as the Brits and the French, Australia declared war on Germany September 3, 1939)
    - tankgeezer write about the war the view "the land of Yoopers" this probably Canada or US, but sure one allied state of the WW2
    - I sue the Jews immediately because there is currently no word anti-Semitism, this is a deliberate provocation on behalf of Laconia. I did not say that there were no concentration camps, Laconia is a provocateur

    I am write what happening in Europe but who I talk to: jewish and liberalist brainwashed pensioners? I am sure a total idiot!

    Today the Allied and Jews wroted history books deliberately omitted things that Hitler are more evil than he was. Because the winners wrote the history,and later the history books that's all and the Allies and the Jews try to presented Hitler much worse then he was
    Hitler wants only back the old german territorries, and not plan to attack France or England. France and England attacked Germany for the German territory goal Polish campaign

    Here is one of his speeches which presents Hitler was was entirely diplomatically about the german territories question to the allies but completely unnecessary (listen from part 1- until 7)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4rP...ctr=1468428119

    But the Poles and the Brits want to insist the Versailles "Peace Treaty" which cut out from Germany around 6 million German citizen from their homeland, Hitler wants only what belongs to Germany
    The Austro Hungarian Monarchy lost 72% of the country, do you call this a fair "peace treaty"?

    Anyway I'm getting enough of this forum which is most similar to a pensioners' club in these latest years which constantly threaten me terrorists called "moderators" only for my opinions
    I wrote the truth that's all, and you not want to adopt, because you are the allies, and I am the Axis
    And you came immediately the "nazi" and the good old "anti-semitic" themes, and the usual warnings for banning wich is terrorist threatnigs, what you call "warnings"

    You know what?
    I was member of this forum 06-18-2008 and I have 19,570 visits only on my private site on this forum
    I made several topics, and these topics made total 236,295 views totally free for your pockets (you know internet pay per view system right? Course you know )
    And what is the gratitude for that? Permanent banning threats from the "moderators"
    I think this is enough and the time to say goodbye to you all dear brainwashed capitalist liberalist, and Jew bootlicker terrorists
    Goodbye and f*ck you all dear Gents!
    Bye
    Last edited by imi; 07-13-2016 at 01:06 PM. Reason: goodbye f*ckers
    "The consciousness that I am alive, makes me wild dreams every day"
    (Helmut Wolff lieutenant colonel, one who survived the breakout of Budapest)

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Buffalo, New York
    Posts
    7,407

    Default Re: Why did Guderian stop at Dunkirk?

    Quote Originally Posted by Laconia View Post
    Hey, it's hard to explain many of the things the Germans did in WW2. By the time of Dunkirk, Hitler already had a lot of Europe in the bag, so letting some enemy troops get away to an island where he could finish them off if they didn't surrender was not to my mind really such a farfetched idea.
    It is a far-fetched idea and makes no sense. Why didn't they just let some French troops go? Why did they hold most of the French Army as POWs until the end of the war? And OKW was under no illusion that "finishing off" Britain would be an easy thing.

    And most of all, the order didn't originate with Hitler, it did with Rundstedt (to refit his exhausted panzerwaffe and allow consolation of forces for the second phase of the attack on France: Fall Rot) and some other supportive generals. I can't recall if Halder was in favor or not. But much of these myths are the doing of the post-war rantings of the German generals seeking to absolve themselves of what turned out to be (arguably) as massive strategic blunder and cast Hitler as the goat.

    Most of all, a quick panzer attack into Dunkirk might have failed miserably since unsupported tanks do not do well in urban combat against increasingly consolidated infantry......
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 07-13-2016 at 04:00 PM.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Buffalo, New York
    Posts
    7,407

    Default Re: Why did Guderian stop at Dunkirk?

    Quote Originally Posted by imi View Post
    Anyway Hitler not planned to attack France, or England before 1939...
    The Wehrmacht was not prepared for war before 1942 at the earliest. They didn't even have a real war-plan against France, much less England. Perhaps 1948 for the Kriegsmarine...

    France and England attack Germany because the Germans moved into Poland to recapture old territories like Danzig (now Gdansk) which was part of the German empire, and by the Versailles Peace Treaty unlawfully handed over to the Poles after WW1 in 1920 (not to mention the dismemberment of Austro-Hungarian monarchy)
    Danzig was a German city, almost 100% of the population of germans consisted at that time after Versailles Germany lost 6 million german citizen
    Funny how they also took Warsaw, which the Germans had no historical claim too...

    And calling "The Phony War" an "attack" is absolute hyperbole...

    From 1939 until 1941 Hitler constantly sought to end the war between England and Germany, but Churchill wanted to continue the war and rejected any peace treaty from Hitler
    No he didn't...

    Name one serious instance Hitler offered any actual peace...

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Buffalo, New York
    Posts
    7,407

    Default Re: Why did Guderian stop at Dunkirk?

    Quote Originally Posted by imi View Post
    I world war 2 theme about 20 years. Do you think I am incompetent about World War 2?

    - Laconia is write about the war the view of the US
    - You write about the war the view of Australia (australia also declared war on Germany, in the same date as the Brits and the French, Australia declared war on Germany September 3, 1939)
    - tankgeezer write about the war the view "the land of Yoopers" this probably Canada or US, but sure one allied state of the WW2
    - I sue the Jews immediately because there is currently no word anti-Semitism, this is a deliberate provocation on behalf of Laconia. I did not say that there were no concentration camps, Laconia is a provocateur

    I am write what happening in Europe but who I talk to: jewish and liberalist brainwashed pensioners? I am sure a total idiot!

    Today the Allied and Jews wroted history books deliberately omitted things that Hitler are more evil than he was. Because the winners wrote the history,and later the history books that's all and the Allies and the Jews try to presented Hitler much worse then he was
    Hitler wants only back the old german territorries, and not plan to attack France or England. France and England attacked Germany for the German territory goal Polish campaign

    Here is one of his speeches which presents Hitler was was entirely diplomatically about the german territories question to the allies but completely unnecessary (listen from part 1- until 7)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4rP...ctr=1468428119

    But the Poles and the Brits want to insist the Versailles "Peace Treaty" which cut out from Germany around 6 million German citizen from their homeland, Hitler wants only what belongs to Germany
    The Austro Hungarian Monarchy lost 72% of the country, do you call this a fair "peace treaty"?

    Anyway I'm getting enough of this forum which is most similar to a pensioners' club in these latest years which constantly threaten me terrorists called "moderators" only for my opinions
    I wrote the truth that's all, and you not want to adopt, because you are the allies, and I am the Axis
    And you came immediately the "nazi" and the good old "anti-semitic" themes, and the usual warnings for banning wich is terrorist threatnigs, what you call "warnings"

    You know what?
    I was member of this forum 06-18-2008 and I have 19,570 visits only on my private site on this forum
    I made several topics, and these topics made total 236,295 views totally free for your pockets (you know internet pay per view system right? Course you know )
    And what is the gratitude for that? Permanent banning threats from the "moderators"
    I think this is enough and the time to say goodbye to you all dear brainwashed capitalist liberalist, and Jew bootlicker terrorists
    Goodbye and f*ck you all dear Gents!
    Bye
    Well, we've been told!

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Up in the land of the Yoopers.
    Posts
    4,311

    Default Re: Why did Guderian stop at Dunkirk?

    If that's how you feel IMI, but remember, it was your decision.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    249

    Default Re: Why did Guderian stop at Dunkirk?

    One cannot deny the historical record as it applies to the events leading up to the beginning of WW2. The last thing Britain and France wanted was another war and the appeasement policies of Neville Chamberlain to prevent another European conflagration is proof of this. It finally happened though because at some point even Chamberlain could see that negotiations with Hitler were fruitless.

    It is hard to believe that in this day and age anyone could be an apologist for the Hitlerites. People can have their own opinions, but the facts are the facts and cannot be argued. One of the most fascinating books on the subject was written by American correspondent William L. Shirer called The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich - it is truly a masterpiece of historical writing.
    Last edited by Laconia; 07-13-2016 at 11:31 PM.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    249

    Default Re: Why did Guderian stop at Dunkirk?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    It is a far-fetched idea and makes no sense. Why didn't they just let some French troops go? Why did they hold most of the French Army as POWs until the end of the war? And OKW was under no illusion that "finishing off" Britain would be an easy thing.

    And most of all, the order didn't originate with Hitler, it did with Rundstedt (to refit his exhausted panzerwaffe and allow consolation of forces for the second phase of the attack on France: Fall Rot) and some other supportive generals. I can't recall if Halder was in favor or not. But much of these myths are the doing of the post-war rantings of the German generals seeking to absolve themselves of what turned out to be (arguably) as massive strategic blunder and cast Hitler as the goat.

    Most of all, a quick panzer attack into Dunkirk might have failed miserably since unsupported tanks do not do well in urban combat against increasingly consolidated infantry......
    During these battles leading up to Dunkirk, the British infantry fought hard like the professionals they were. Unfortunately they were fighting against the tide of German superiority in tactics and arms. I remember seeing a video of one of the German soldiers who was there praising the fighting abilities of the British soldiers. He said that after they were captured they lined themselves up in ranks and dutifully marched ramrod straight like true soldiers off into captivity.
    Last edited by Laconia; 07-15-2016 at 10:42 PM.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    2,923

    Default Re: Why did Guderian stop at Dunkirk?

    You see? I just go away for a little while and you get yourselves into all kinds of trouble!

    Clearly, he stopped because his tanks couldn't swim.
    Last edited by 32Bravo; 07-15-2016 at 01:43 PM.


    "Although God cannot alter the past, Historians can"


    Samuel Butler


  12. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    249

    Default Re: Why did Guderian stop at Dunkirk?

    Quote Originally Posted by 32Bravo View Post
    You see? I just go away for a little while and you get yourselves into all kinds of trouble!

    Clearly, he stopped because his tanks couldn't swim.
    Duh! You are a genius!

  13. #43
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    779

    Default Re: Why did Guderian stop at Dunkirk?

    Britain has, in modern (i.e. from the 16th century on) relied on a small professional army and superior naval power. This tendency was reinforced by the early 17th century British Civil War, which gave rise to a long-lasting distrust of professional armies. In fact, technically, Britain did not have a professional standing army at all for a long period. The maintenance of the Army relied on annual renewal of funding through the passage of "Army Bills", a system that occasioned much political trouble, and eventually produced the parliamentary doctrine of "Finance Bills" or "Money Bills", which protected such legislation from the submission of intrusive, irrelevant amendments in Parliament.

    In the event of a war requiring additional troops, reliance was placed on the raising of what were essentially temporary forces to meet the exigencies of the situation. During the Revolutionary/Napoleonic Wars, Britain increased the size of its Army substantially, and committed home defence to very substantial corps of Militia, the latter not subject to overseas service (a sort of post-Cromwellian safety valve). This could give rise to difficulties - as when the bulk of Wellington's experienced, professional soldiers were sent on a tidying-up operation to the West Indies, leaving a more-or-less inexperienced rump force to face Napoleon at Waterloo.

    In WW2, the BEF could be divided into two broad categories - the usual hard-core professional units, and the increasing number of relatively recent recruits with fairly basic training and no battle experience, many of them mobilized members of the British Territorial Reserve (roughly equivalent of the old Militia). Many of the professional units were to all intents and purposes sacrificed in order to shield the retreat of the bulk of the Anglo-French forces towards evacuation ports. Along with the valiant defence of the French Army, they were successful in this - though at great cost.

    As to the Panzers' "halt" - opinions differ as to why this occurred. One clear fact is that, by the time of the "halt", the Germans had come to the end of a desperate game of leap-frog, with the motorized infantry and the first line of marching infantry strained to form a solid line to shield the rapid advance of the tanks. Both the Panzers and the infantry were worn out and in need of refit. The artillery, mainly horse-drawn, was for the most part way to the rear, and short of ammunition. I remain a bit unclear as to who exactly authorized the "halt" - but it is clear that Runstedt, in particular, was more than willing to implement it, since it was clearly, to him, a military necessity. Should the Germans have pressed on ? A hypothetical, and therefore unhistorical speculation. Drifting into that territory, however, I do wonder whether such a course might have severely damaged the worn-out German frontline forces, prejudicing future operation that would obviously be required to complete the defeat of the remaining French metropolitan forces. Who knows ? Yours from The Beaches, JR.
    Last edited by JR*; 07-19-2016 at 07:07 AM.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    953

    Default Re: Why did Guderian stop at Dunkirk?

    Quote Originally Posted by 32Bravo View Post
    You see? I just go away for a little while and you get yourselves into all kinds of trouble!

    Clearly, he stopped because his tanks couldn't swim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laconia View Post
    Duh! You are a genius!
    But but but - they stuck hosepipes on a few and drove them under water, even tested them out in the channel, When the were finally used though I suspect the river Bug was a bit shallower and calmer.
    Last edited by leccy; 07-20-2016 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Spelling muppet
    IN the days of lace-ruffles, perukes and brocade
    Brown Bess was a partner whom none could despise
    An out-spoken, flinty-lipped, brazen-faced jade,
    With a habit of looking men straight in the eyes
    At Blenheim and Ramillies fops would confess
    They were pierced to the heart by the charms of Brown Bess.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Buffalo, New York
    Posts
    7,407

    Default Re: Why did Guderian stop at Dunkirk?

    Quote Originally Posted by leccy View Post
    But but but - they stuck hosepipes on a few and drove them under water, even tested them out in the channel, When the were finally used though I suspect the river Bug was a bit challower and calmer.
    Much like the river barges the Germans intended to use as landing craft in the hypothetical Sea Lion...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •