PDA

View Full Version : Photographic Reconnaissance

Matzos
02-18-2009, 01:44 AM
My site www.airrecce.co.uk looks at equipment, units and the imagery behind photographic reconnaissance.

There is still a great deal of work to be done on it, But any comments good or bad are welcome.

Thanks for looking.

Mick

SS Tiger
02-18-2009, 07:08 AM
The site looks good to me! Many interesting images, the Austrian airports I have been to recently, amazing to think 70 years ago they were covered with Luftwaffe aircraft, makes a difference to Austrian Arrows turbo-props!

I have bookmarked the site, I look forward to seeing it develop.

Regards, Jack

rav4
03-15-2010, 10:48 PM
Very interesting to see a photo of the Lysander aircraft.

skorzeny57
04-04-2011, 02:16 PM
It's amazing to discover the equipment and the units behind photographic reconnaissance, that is the key of military intelligence. I just found this site. I'll keep an eye on it, in the future. Thanx.

DVX
04-05-2011, 01:05 PM
Really interesting, go on. I liked especially the information and the photos about cameras and equipment.

muscogeemike
04-06-2011, 06:50 AM
Very interesting subject, often overlooked and neglected. RECCE pilots used a great verity of aircraft (some obscure) and were often in great danger for a lot reasons. I knew a man who flew RECCE P-38’s and B-25’s (maybe others - its been a long time and at the time I was young and didn’t know to ask good questions) in the pacific.
I’ve read that Australia used US P-43’s for Recon, their experience with this plane would be of interest to me.