PDA

View Full Version : Dreams

32Bravo
02-09-2009, 07:58 AM
After my recent post regarding dreaming of finding things in the refrigerator, I was wondering if anyone else has wierd dreams?

I often dream of demons (for want of a better description) tormenting me and find myself trying to fend them off, but something prevents me from being able to land a good solid punch on this leering twat. It's as if the energy of my punch disappears in something like puff of powder. The frustration of it causes me to jump about and shout in my sleep. My wife has learned to be very patient, and cautious, when I'm in this state.

There is nothing new about these dreams. When I was serving, I had them constantly, but then they were much more menacing, so much so, that quite often, after I awoke from the dream, I was reluctant to go back to sleep. But I had little enough sleep as it was, I couldn't afford to loose anymore. I managed to train myself to recognise that I was dreaming and was able to tell myself to wake up.

Neither was I the alone with such dreams. other chaps would drop-off to sleep in the back of a vehicle or some such place and begin struggling and fighting with some imaginary foe. We would usually allow them to get on with it, as it was usually amusing to observe, but if they became too distressed, we would wake them.

I still ahve these dreams, but less frequent, and I usually laugh it off, when the missus wakes me. They don't normally leave any after-effect regarding trepidation, anymore, both myself and the missus accept that they are a part of our lives.

This roughly how one of such dreams went about a week or so ago. It remains vivid in my mind as I discussed it with the missus afterwards - Be aware, if you are sqeamish about strong language, then read no further!

"Where the **** is this place, and how the **** did I end up back in the regiment??" I don't see anyone I recognise. As I look about their are number of senior ranks leaving their mess. "Who the **** are those sprogs in Blues wearing senior ranks insignia? Look like a bunch of kids? and where the **** did this ciggi come from, I gave up smoking decades ago, this is ****ing bizarre, I don't even remember taking it up again, but what the ****, I might as well enjoy it." Now I'm in deep shit, I can't find my rifle. I don't even remember being issued with it, but I am aware that I can't find it anywhere. Panic is setting in, I can't find my ****ing rifle, and I don't know anyone who can help. I keep searching, then I see a number of me old marras. "They look different, strange somehow, **** me, they're all ****ing dead! But, why do they look so different? Some ****ers been at them, tormenting them, they've been robbed of their spirit. **** me I'm dead as well. I'm stuck in this ****ing corpse, I can't get out! It's that ****ing leering bastard again. He's got me pinned. The bastard's tormenting me. Others of his like have been at me marras. If I could just get out of this ****ing carcass, I'd finish the leering bastard. It's as if I'm stuck in ****ing cement. The bastards loving this. My ****ing bodies dead and wont respond. he knows it, the twat. he knows that if he moves off me, I'm out of here. If I could just get out I'd be free of him forever, and he knows that too, and I'd do him before I go.

The ****er wants to devour my soul, he knows that I know it and he keep's ****ing leering at me because he thinks I'm ****ing helpless. If I can't punch the shit out of him, I'll have to scare the shit out of him. I know, I'll roar at him - mmmhhh..! uuggghrrr..! **** me, my throat wont can respond, why should it, it's dead, I'll have to give it some more 'uurgH!...aaarr!' this is ****ing pathetic! this twat isn't getting me 'Uuuggaarr..UUUROOAAAAA.........R!'

Then I woke up. With the missus, very gentle and sympathetic, saying "ssshhhhh!..sshhhh!". I explained that I was trapped and that the leering chap was tormenting me before he devoured my spirit. "How awful, darling!" says the missus "Would you like a cup of tea?"

Anyone else met this leering twat?:evil:

Major Walter Schmidt
02-09-2009, 09:07 AM
....I dream of the internet.....

RifleMan20
02-09-2009, 12:12 PM
...I dream of dirty things...

Cuts
02-09-2009, 12:36 PM

Muddy wellingtons ?

32Bravo
02-09-2009, 12:49 PM

You ought to get in touch with the the 'Old RSM' - he'll make your dreams bright and sparkling! :D

Schuultz
02-09-2009, 01:51 PM
yeah, you should totally wash your mind with soap, Rifleman :D

RifleMan20
02-09-2009, 02:14 PM
yeah, you should totally wash your mind with soap, Rifleman :D

You know whats funny, my last dream involved soap....but it didn't clean it up lol.

32Bravo
02-09-2009, 02:49 PM
You know whats funny, my last dream involved soap....but it didn't clean it up lol.

I find Simple Soap is especially good when sharing one's shower, bath etc.
No perfume to sting one's eyes, or to get up one's nose, or to spoil the natural flavour of a woman. Great fun, but, unfortunately for you, one does have to have a partner to share the experience with.

http://www.simple.co.uk/products/Pure_Soap_125g_104.aspx

Continue to dream

http://wwwdelivery.superstock.com/WI/223/1663/PreviewComp/SuperStock_1663R-41510.jpg

http://wwwdelivery.superstock.com/WI/223/1663/PreviewComp/SuperStock_1663R-41281.jpg

Schuultz
02-09-2009, 03:29 PM
great fun, but, unfortunately for you, one does have to have a partner to share the experience with.

Zing!

RifleMan20
02-09-2009, 03:50 PM
But of course I have no one to do so with, I am only the age of 14 meaning I will not have such till later in life.

Iron Yeoman
02-09-2009, 04:10 PM
You ought to get in touch with the the 'Old RSM' - he'll make your dreams bright and sparkling! :D

RSM: That man! How dare you dream non-regulation dreams, I want all your dreams to be in accordance with Queens regs and in a proper military fashion - carry on!

Schuultz
02-09-2009, 04:14 PM
Is there a joke which I'm not getting? :neutral:

Could somebody please explain it?

Iron Yeoman
02-09-2009, 04:15 PM
British military humour, unique to say the least.

Schuultz
02-09-2009, 04:17 PM
I think my problem lies less with the British humour (which I generally like), than with my lack of knowledge what RSM is... :neutral:

Iron Yeoman
02-09-2009, 04:29 PM
I think my problem lies less with the British humour (which I generally like), than with my lack of knowledge what RSM is... :neutral:

You don't konw what a RSM is? The Regimental Scary Monster! He has a wooden pace stick which forges with his flesh to form an extension of his arm and is a well of dry wit and sarcasm. With a quick flash of his soulless eyes he can turn a private soldier into a smoldering pile of ash. His very footsteps cause grown men, to collapse in fits of fear and weep with much nashing of teeth etc etc

Schuultz
02-09-2009, 04:38 PM
Sounds more like a mother-in-law ;)

32Bravo
02-09-2009, 05:13 PM
We have one here

http://ww2incolor.com/forum/member.php?u=4177

Schuultz
02-09-2009, 05:25 PM
Haha, he's Canadian, though, that makes him a lot more likable right away.

32Bravo
02-09-2009, 05:53 PM
Haha, he's Canadian, though, that makes him a lot more likable right away.

That's not entirely his fault!

G'Naaat everybody!

Schuultz
02-09-2009, 05:59 PM
That's not entirely his fault!

But it still works in his favor

32Bravo
02-10-2009, 05:12 AM
But it still works in his favor

I'm sure that 'Old RSM' is a very fine gentleman, as are the majority of former Regimental Sergeant Majors. They've been there, seen it, done it and taken it off.

Rising Sun*
02-10-2009, 08:36 AM
I'm sure that 'Old RSM' is a very fine gentleman, as are the majority of former Regimental Sergeant Majors. They've been there, seen it, done it and taken it off.

My RSM had been there, seen it and done it, with some impressive decorations. He'd also had it taken off. He lost his balls in Vietnam. But he was still a mad brave bastard, and great in bringing the lads along, and a sight to see with his black and chrome pace stick on a parade ground.

RSMs are a great breed, and not like other men.

I've mentioned this before, but during the Battle of Long Tan in Vietnam when the troops were badly outnumbered and outgunned and being badly shot up by the NVA, an RSM moved among the troops, according to the recollection of one digger who was trying to bury himself by wriggling into the ground while lying prone when the RSM, who was moving among the troops, visited him fairly casually under fire. The RSM said something like. "The Australian taxpayer is paying you to kill these people, lad. So start earning your money." And he started earning his money.

tankgeezer
02-10-2009, 09:29 AM
Thats quite a set of dreams there Bravo,I have some experience in dream definitions, so I can give you this much. If one dreams of being pursued by something evil, either well defined visually, or a shadowy "faceless" dread, It is trying to get your attention,to tell you something. The way to get this done is to face your "dread", and just tell it, or ask it, "what do you have for me? " what do you want to tell me" The response is either it will tell you, or just take off.Usually, once it has said what it has to say, it will leave, not to return. (Until there is something else to tell you.) The inability to strike it, or move, or talk, is actually your inability to move during R.E.M. sleep. (the part of sleep where you dream) this paralysis occurs so that the dreamer will not act out their dreams, and harm themselves or another. The sleeper is awake enough to try to move, and feel the usual sensations of moving, but still asleep enough to integrate these sensations into the dream. they actually feel that they cannot move, and so struggle to complete the motions they feel they need to.This struggle usually causes enough commotion to wake the sleeper altogether. This sort of thing happens more readily in people who are disposed to sleepwalking, where the REM motion block is already only partly functional. So next time the leering sod bugs you, just confront it, tell him to explain himself. This is a pretty common theme in dreams. Also, pay attention to colors, multiples of similar objects, things like that.

flamethrowerguy
02-10-2009, 09:36 AM
I got this recurring dream about losing teeth, this is commonly interpreted as the fear to grow up (?) or generally to undergo some sort of changeover...:confused:

32Bravo
02-10-2009, 10:57 AM
I got this recurring dream about losing teeth, this is commonly interpreted as the fear to grow up (?) or generally to undergo some sort of changeover...:confused:

Perhaps you ought to clean your teeth before going to bed?

I some times have that dream regarding my two front teeth, but I think that's because I dread loosing my Babe-magnet looks. :confused:

32Bravo
02-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Thats quite a set of dreams there Bravo,I have some experience in dream definitions, so I can give you this much. If one dreams of being pursued by something evil, either well defined visually, or a shadowy "faceless" dread, It is trying to get your attention,to tell you something. The way to get this done is to face your "dread", and just tell it, or ask it, "what do you have for me? " what do you want to tell me" The response is either it will tell you, or just take off.Usually, once it has said what it has to say, it will leave, not to return. (Until there is something else to tell you.) The inability to strike it, or move, or talk, is actually your inability to move during R.E.M. sleep. (the part of sleep where you dream) this paralysis occurs so that the dreamer will not act out their dreams, and harm themselves or another. The sleeper is awake enough to try to move, and feel the usual sensations of moving, but still asleep enough to integrate these sensations into the dream. they actually feel that they cannot move, and so struggle to complete the motions they feel they need to.This struggle usually causes enough commotion to wake the sleeper altogether. This sort of thing happens more readily in people who are disposed to sleepwalking, where the REM motion block is already only partly functional. So next time the leering sod bugs you, just confront it, tell him to explain himself. This is a pretty common theme in dreams. Also, pay attention to colors, multiples of similar objects, things like that.

That's rather interesting TG. I was thinking tht it was initially triggered by sleep deprivation and, thus, a lack of REM. I've been having these dreams in various forms for decades. Most of the time, my tormentor is faceless but has a very menacing presence. In the dream I described, above, it remained vivid in my mind. Theerr were times when I was detached and looking down on this shadowy creature keeping me pinned to the ground, and then I'd be back there, trying to fight my way out as described.

It sounds, by your description, that this is a part of the human condition as the brain appears to have a safety mechanism to prevent the violence becoming a reality?

When I was very young, I used ot share a room with my grandfather. He used to dream he was back on the Somme and get out of bed to look for his rifle, which he thought he had lost (and we know how much an infantryman would not wish to loose his rifle).

I've never suffered from sleepwalking, but one or two of my chums do when thy're having wierd dreams, which seems to fit with what you say.

flamethrowerguy
02-10-2009, 11:37 AM
Perhaps you ought to clean your teeth before going to bed?

You mean to avoid something like this?

http://www.maskworld.com/pix/fanstuff/small_stuff/large/3044-england-supporter-teeth-1.jpg:mrgreen:

Schuultz
02-10-2009, 12:05 PM
No, I think in his case it's simply genetic ;)

:mrgreen:

32Bravo
02-10-2009, 01:34 PM
You mean to avoid something like this?

http://www.maskworld.com/pix/fanstuff/small_stuff/large/3044-england-supporter-teeth-1.jpg:mrgreen:

You poor, dear fellow. You certainly do have a problem.

I had assumed you to be of German stock, not Georgian? However, I suppose you do have a certain Germanic look about you.

I feel obliged to remind members that Germany does contain some rather handsome people, but as with all nations, not all are bessed.

Is there really nothing you can do about them? No wonder you dream of loosing them, who wouldn't??? If I were you, I'd have them removed ASAP.
Obviously too expensive a job to use a dentist. Why don't you go and start a fight or something, and let the other chap win?

Bloody hell!..they look like a Mexican graveyard!

flamethrowerguy
02-10-2009, 01:41 PM
Sorry to diasappoint you, it's not me. Not my kind of colorization.;)

32Bravo
02-10-2009, 01:51 PM
Sorry to diasappoint you, it's not me. Not my kind of colorization.;)

I'm not disappointed, I'm happy for you, dear boy!...You've dispelled my concerns!

tankgeezer
02-11-2009, 08:54 AM
It sounds, by your description, that this is a part of the human condition as the brain appears to have a safety mechanism to prevent the violence becoming a reality?

Thats correct, its there to keep one out of trouble, normally there is no ability to move,but if the sleeper is dreaming something very active, fighting, running,flying, any sort of active theme, they might if not for this immobilizing feature actually do those things, (or try to, )which would be generally bad for them, or those sleeping next to them. I have had stories of veterans who when dreaming of old battles, have been awakened to find themselves fighting their own wives, or in the garden jumping around as though they were in a fight with an invisible opponent. The best way to wake someone up in this situation is water in the face. striking or slapping will just be integrated into the dream. just stay out of reach, as this can be a bit rough on the dreamer.

Schuultz
02-11-2009, 09:33 AM
So is that brain-function missing/not working properly with people who sleepwalk?

tankgeezer
02-11-2009, 01:47 PM
I wouldnt go so far as to say that its the root cause, but it does certainly contribute to the condition. Most people can display some small degree of mobility during R.E.M. sleep, but not very much, like when having a night terror, or other bad dream. The Condition is known as R.B.D. (rem behavior disorder) which disrupts the normal state of Atonia (sleep paralysis) that exists in REM sleep. this is called generally parasomnia, and includes the features of sleep walking, and periodic limb movement disorder. Talking, shouting and vocal noise making while asleep are also features of R.B.D.
An odd aside is that many people who believe they have been abducted by aliens exhibit some of these traits. feel free to speculate about the correlation of that last.
This isnt my area of expertise in things dream related, but it is a part of many peoples lives. If RBD, (or aliens) have caused trouble for anyone there are tests available, and treatments that are effective in controlling the condition. In the case of aliens, there is alot of anecdotal evidence to suggest that abductions have occurred,should this be true, I recommend the use of the aluminum foil hat. :)

32Bravo
02-11-2009, 02:38 PM

That's correct, its there to keep one out of trouble, normally there is no ability to move,but if the sleeper is dreaming something very active, fighting, running,flying, any sort of active theme, they might if not for this immobilizing feature actually do those things, (or try to, )which would be generally bad for them, or those sleeping next to them. I have had stories of veterans who when dreaming of old battles, have been awakened to find themselves fighting their own wives, or in the garden jumping around as though they were in a fight with an invisible opponent. The best way to wake someone up in this situation is water in the face. striking or slapping will just be integrated into the dream. just stay out of reach, as this can be a bit rough on the dreamer.

From my own expereinces i.e. those that I endure and those that I have witnessed happening to others: I think much of what is happening is as a result of sleep deprivation, combined with the stresses of operations. It may have been a long time ago, but once this has been triggered, then you're stuck with it - even if you get eight hours a night every night for the rest of your life - although, it is less frequent now than it used to be.

There must be a 'syndrome' for this, and I'm not convinced that it is simply PTSD as I alluded to above, there are various factors, symptoms, causes which came into play concurrently. In my opinion, if the mind has developed a means of reducing the physical violence of such dreams (believe me, in my dreams I feel extremely violent towards this spectre), then it must have some primeval roots and the mind, through milleneum, has adapted a way
to limit the damage, if not, yet, perfectly.

When these things happen to me now, it is pretty horrific during the dream, but once I'm awake, it has happened so much over the decades that it usually goes something like this:

Missus "Ssshhh...darling...Ssshhh! (she always says darling ;) )"

Me " Was I making a noise?"

Missus "Yes, darling, but it's okay now"

Me " :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh well, I might as well get up and make the tea."

It's happened so many times over the thirty years we've been married, she's become battle hardened. :)

I never dream about past operational experiences or anything of the like, my dreams are usually a version or variation of what I described at the beginning of the thread. Even when, as a young man, I was going through the operational traumas, the dreams were pretty much as described. A good fire fight would have been most welcome.

The way we used to deal with this (I say we as, as I have mentioned, I wasn't the only one, was to have a few beers, get pissed and have a good barney - or pull a bird and get layed or, all three, depending on said bird and condition of face after barney. :) )

tankgeezer
02-11-2009, 03:28 PM
From my own expereinces i.e. those that I endure and those that I have witnessed happening to others: I think much of what is happening is as a result of sleep deprivation, combined with the stresses of operations. It may have been a long time ago, but once this has been triggered, then you're stuck with it - even if you get eight hours a night every night for the rest of your life - although, it is less frequent now than it used to be.

There must be a 'syndrome' for this, and I'm not convinced that it is simply PTSD as I alluded to above, there are various factors, symptoms, causes which came into play concurrently. In my opinion, if the mind has developed a means of reducing the physical violence of such dreams (believe me, in my dreams I feel extremely violent towards this spectre), then it must have some primeval roots and the mind, through milleneum, has adapted a way
to limit the damage, if not, yet, perfectly.

When these things happen to me now, it is pretty horrific during the dream, but once I'm awake, it has happened so much over the decades that it usually goes something like this:

Missus "Ssshhh...darling...Ssshhh! (she always says darling ;) )"

Me " Was I making a noise?"

Missus "Yes, darling, but it's okay now"

Me " :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh well, I might as well get up and make the tea."

It's happened so many times over the thirty years we've been married, she's become battle hardened. :)

I never dream about past operational experiences or anything of the like, my dreams are usually a version or variation of what I described at the beginning of the thread. Even when, as a young man, I was going through the operational traumas, the dreams were pretty much as described. A good fire fight would have been most welcome.

The way we used to deal with this (I say we as, as I have mentioned, I wasn't the only one, was to have a few beers, get pissed and have a good barney - or pull a bird and get layed or, all three, depending on said bird and condition of face after barney. :) )

that is alot to have to deal with my friend, and you are lucky to have such a good, and understanding wife. I can offer one possible way to reduce the the stress of the things that you dream of, It would involve finding a good hypnotherapist, who can assist you in going into the place you find yourself with the spectre. The difference will be that with the therapist's help, and guidance, you will be able to control, and learn what the spectre really is about. Hypnosis will allow you to experience the encounter with no fear, or hatred, and to follow through with the "fight" to bring it to a conclusion. This may well help you to finish the fight, and discover the reasons behind your dreams, and the responses you have to them. The theme of confrontation of the spectre to discover its true nature can be carried out in trance even if its a tooth, and nail brawl.With no danger to you, or anyone else. After which, the whole thing may go away altogether. If such a hypnotherapist is available, I would very much recommend trying that approach.

32Bravo
02-11-2009, 03:37 PM
that is alot to have to deal with my friend, and you are lucky to have such a good, and understanding wife. I can offer one possible way to reduce the the stress of the things that you dream of, It would involve finding a good hypnotherapist, who can assist you in going into the place you find yourself with the spectre. The difference will be that with the therapist's help, and guidance, you will be able to control, and learn what the spectre really is about. Hypnosis will allow you to experience the encounter with no fear, or hatred, and to follow through with the "fight" to bring it to a conclusion. This may well help you to finish the fight, and discover the reasons behind your dreams, and the responses you have to them. The theme of confrontation of the spectre to discover its true nature can be carried out in trance even if its a tooth, and nail brawl.With no danger to you, or anyone else. After which, the whole thing may go away altogether. If such a hypnotherapist is available, I would very much recommend trying that approach.

Never occurred to me to use a hypnotherapist, TG. I even have a friend who is one. She reckons she senses that I have a problem, but have never dscussed it with her. She had wanted to hypnotise me a couple fo years ago, but the missus thought she had an ulterior motive. :)

Anyway, I kid you not, all is true. If I do try the hypnotherapy, I'll let you know how it turns out. But I must say, we Brits are a bit anit-therapy, always figure a few pints will sort it. :lol:

Many thanks for the advice - truly appreciated!

tankgeezer
02-11-2009, 04:43 PM
Never occurred to me to use a hypnotherapist, TG. I even have a friend who is one. She reckons she senses that I have a problem, but have never dscussed it with her. She had wanted to hypnotise me a couple fo years ago, but the missus thought she had an ulterior motive. :)

Anyway, I kid you not, all is true. If I do try the hypnotherapy, I'll let you know how it turns out. But I must say, we Brits are a bit anit-therapy, always figure a few pints will sort it. :lol:

Many thanks for the advice - truly appreciated!
you are very welcome my friend.As true, and hale a remedy a pint may be, sometimes you have to take the extra step, and go into that unknown place to find your answers, you might tell your friend about this, and see what she thinks about it. Since you know what you want to accomplish, it may be an easier task to slay your spectre.I believe it would help. Your missus should be with you, its good to have her at your side, (that way she can fend off the ulterior green eyed monster ) :)

Major Walter Schmidt
02-11-2009, 06:58 PM
.....holy crap I was dreaming about going online again...

RifleMan20
02-11-2009, 07:02 PM
.....holy crap I was dreaming about going online again...

Wow, you must have an issue, well I have more dreams about playing COD 4 and WaW and any other games that I have played for 15 hours straight. Hmmmmm, those were the days.

Schuultz
02-11-2009, 07:15 PM
I once played CoD4 8h straight... I spent the entire night rolling around, and whenever I closed my eyes I could just think of the game... not very pleasant. :neutral:

Needless to say I haven't done any marathons like that ever again - very unsettling experience...

Major Walter Schmidt
02-11-2009, 07:16 PM
....I dont play videogames..........I just go on Forums and watch anime..

Nickdfresh
02-11-2009, 07:55 PM
This is all very interesting, because I've been having a few weird military themed dreams, or maybe phantasms, lately. One of which had a spectre as you say, something around me as I stormed into a barn alone searching for a sniper...

RifleMan20
02-11-2009, 07:59 PM
One time, I dreamed that girls ruled the world and the monarchy was made of 3 queens, the ugly queen, the average queen, and the hot queen and then I had a group of boys that rebeled. lol it felt too much like a video game of some kind and I was like 7 when I dreamed that.

I once played CoD4 8h straight... I spent the entire night rolling around, and whenever I closed my eyes I could just think of the game... not very pleasant.

Needless to say I haven't done any marathons like that ever again - very unsettling experience...

I love marathons, all I have to say is ever since I played Super Mario Bros. on the gameboy color, I knew that I was going to be a gamer.

Major Walter Schmidt
02-11-2009, 08:17 PM
.....this is a bit (no, extremely) unrelated, but maybe we can have a chatbox?

RifleMan20
02-11-2009, 11:22 PM
Wow, very irrelevant but this topic pretty much is. My opinion is that Herman might try and send me pics and then end up on dateline one day if you get my flow lol jk, it might work but where will it be located and is it gonna be a waste, how many people will use it and so on.

32Bravo
02-12-2009, 01:06 PM
This is all very interesting, because I've been having a few weird military themed dreams, or maybe phantasms, lately. One of which had a spectre as you say, something around me as I stormed into a barn alone searching for a sniper...

Are you being sincere?

herman2
02-12-2009, 02:27 PM
Wow, very irrelevant but this topic pretty much is. My opinion is that Herman might try and send me pics and then end up on dateline one day if you get my flow lol jk, it might work but where will it be located and is it gonna be a waste, how many people will use it and so on.

hey!!!...The Herman Meister is not going to send you any pictures...very funny Rifleman.....anyways in relation to dreams, whilst I was away I dreamt that this forum disappeared and I couldn't find a way back to reach my buddies in WW-2 Dream land....I woke up in a cold sweat...thank god it was only a dream....i don't know what I would do without WW-2 and the gang!!:army:

Major Walter Schmidt
02-13-2009, 09:28 PM
.........What gang?
http://images.elfwood.com/art/e/n/enlund/penguin.jpg

RifleMan20
02-13-2009, 10:26 PM
He means his gang....

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/2108/westsidestory719190km9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Or better yet...

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/4647/hermanwestsidestory7191mf2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

(Excuse my photoshop skills, not the greatest in the world.)

Major Walter Schmidt
02-13-2009, 11:36 PM
.....you just made my day, Rifleman! I shall award you the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Golden Oak Leaves, Swords and Diamonds!!!!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/99/Knight'sCrossOfTheIronCrossWithGoldenOakleavesSwor dsAndDiamonds.jpg

RifleMan20
02-13-2009, 11:38 PM
.....you just made my day, Rifleman! I shall award you the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Golden Oak Leaves, Swords and Diamonds!!!!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/99/Knight'sCrossOfTheIronCrossWithGoldenOakleavesSwor dsAndDiamonds.jpg

Yeah! I take it with honor and a big green smiley. :mrgreen:

TheBeam
02-14-2009, 04:39 PM
I'm an active dreamer...I found the recording my dreams, as soon as I wake up...and I've found I can now remember 2-3 even 4 dreams a night.

But I had a weird dream about last night about an evil ferret chasing me...from underwater. What's up with that?

Nickdfresh
02-14-2009, 05:10 PM
Are you being sincere?

Yes. Lately, I've had two dream involving being an Israeli IDF soldier and being caught separated from my unit. I have no idea why...

Schuultz
02-14-2009, 05:30 PM
An IDF soldier? Well, that's random... read a lot of Middle Eastern news before going to bed?

Churchill
02-14-2009, 08:52 PM
Ha, I can't remember the last time I dreamed, nor what it was about.

RifleMan20
02-14-2009, 09:09 PM
I usually can't remember dreams, just really old ones.

flamethrowerguy
02-15-2009, 04:42 AM
But I had a weird dream about last night about an evil ferret chasing me...from underwater. What's up with that?

"...a ferret might represent sexual needs and also stands for a warning not to live out these needs too selfishly.":mrgreen:

Rising Sun*
02-15-2009, 04:59 AM
I have my share of troubling dreams, sometimes occurring during difficult periods in life but at other times not clearly related to anything. Occasionally I wake as I kick or punch someone in some desperate situation, which tends to annoy my wife if I'm lying on my side facing her, but the kicks and punches are weak despite having all my energy in them in the dream.

But very occasionally I have wonderful dreams where I am able to fly. They start off with experimental hovering and graduate in steps to full-on flying, like a bird, at any height and speed I like. Unlike troubling dreams which can leave a lingering bad feeling after waking, these dreams just make me feel great. If there was a drug which guaranteed such dreams, I'd buy it by the truckload and give serious thought to spending most of my time sleeping.

flamethrowerguy
02-15-2009, 05:40 AM
I have my share of troubling dreams, sometimes occurring during difficult periods in life but at other times not clearly related to anything. Occasionally I wake as I kick or punch someone in some desperate situation, which tends to annoy my wife if I'm lying on my side facing her, but the kicks and punches are weak despite having all my energy in them in the dream.

But very occasionally I have wonderful dreams where I am able to fly. They start off with experimental hovering and graduate in steps to full-on flying, like a bird, at any height and speed I like. Unlike troubling dreams which can leave a lingering bad feeling after waking, these dreams just make me feel great. If there was a drug which guaranteed such dreams, I'd buy it by the truckload and give serious thought to spending most of my time sleeping.

You won't have to use drugs. "Lucid dreaming" (controlling dreams) can be learned - they say. There should be a load of books available.

Rising Sun*
02-15-2009, 05:47 AM
You won't have to use drugs. "Lucid dreaming" (controlling dreams) can be learned - they say. There should be a load of books available.

Maybe, but how am I going to read them when I'm asleep? ;) :D

flamethrowerguy
02-15-2009, 06:41 AM
Maybe, but how am I going to read them when I'm asleep? ;) :D

IIRC the key is to think intensely about a preferred topic before falling asleep and there you'll go.;)

Rising Sun*
02-15-2009, 07:00 AM
IIRC the key is to think intensely about a preferred topic before falling asleep and there you'll go.;)

No, there I don't go.

I've had countless intense dreams of the shagging type and woken up as I'm about to deliver the master stroke or otherwise embark upon the road to unrivalled carnal pleasure. Invariably I am inhibited in my dreams by misplaced notions of marital fidelity.

Never have I been able to get back into the preferred topic, or anything else, even after reassuring myself while awake that it's only a dream and that rooting the spunk rat in my dream wouldn't really be marital infidelity, and that my missus wouldn't know anyway as she's fast asleep. Rather like normal conjugal relations, except that then I get off, and with no guilt. :D

Starting cold before going to sleep doesn't seem likely to work better.

However, I will try your suggestion tonight and if I'm successful I'll need fresh bed sheets tomorrow.

Stand by for an after action report. :D

flamethrowerguy
02-15-2009, 07:37 AM
Stand by for an after action report. :D

Please, leave out the details!:shock:

Rising Sun*
02-15-2009, 07:39 AM
Please, leave out the details!:shock:

Fear not, for I anticipate that there will be no details to report.

Certainly no memorable details.

Such is my life. :(

Nickdfresh
02-15-2009, 08:51 AM
An IDF soldier? Well, that's random... read a lot of Middle Eastern news before going to bed?

I don't know. I was very much against the Gaza incursion and also the Lebanon War of 2006. Probably much more internal than that....

Uyraell
02-15-2009, 10:36 AM
I once played CoD4 8h straight... I spent the entire night rolling around, and whenever I closed my eyes I could just think of the game... not very pleasant. :neutral:

Mine wasn't CoD4, it was a Mecha game on PS One.
It wasn't 8 hours, either.
I'd not long gone through a separation, and had never, despite prodigious capacity, been a drinker, yet the mind was preoccupied.
I played for 125 hours, nonstop.
Got up to make coffee, empty the bladder, and that was it.
Once I had successfully finished the game, I slept for two days.
The same endurance event happened about 16 months later, tho since then I've not quite so often been awake as long, only 8 or 9 days, at times.

Regards, Uyraell.

RifleMan20
02-15-2009, 11:45 AM
I'd not long gone through a separation, and had never, despite prodigious capacity, been a drinker, yet the mind was preoccupied.
The same endurance event happened about 16 months later, tho since then I've not quite so often been awake as long, only 8 or 9 days, at times.

Regards, Uyraell.

.........holy crap man! I have never stayed up for 2 days straight. What game was it though.

Schuultz
02-15-2009, 12:08 PM

Regards, Uyraell.

125 hours? That was a long *** game... wow! That's more than 5 days! How did even manage to survive that long? I read about some Korean dude who died after a 3 day binge of playing some online RPG...

Didn't even know you played games, Uyraell. Do you play on PC or on consoles?

Major Walter Schmidt
02-15-2009, 12:39 PM
.....these comments have convinced me to abstain from gaming.....

flamethrowerguy
02-15-2009, 12:45 PM
I can confirm this. Going to bed after a gaming orgy asks for the games haunting your sleep. I experienced this e.g. during the heyday of Battlefield 1942 (which made me switch vehicles in my dreams like crazy) and also with mini-games like Mahjong and stuff like this...

Schuultz
02-15-2009, 01:08 PM
Hahah, yeah, it's not a good idea to go to bed right after finishing a lengthy gaming session... I played Left4Dead all night yesterday - and, well, I guess you guys can figure what I dreamed of... some scaaary dreams...

I can only advice you to do something to wind you down before sleeping - read the forums, surf the internet, watch porn - whatever helps you, just avoid anything too intense, and you should be set...

tankgeezer
02-15-2009, 01:37 PM
The feature of a dream depicting the dreamer being chased in any way, whether by something known, or not is all for the same reason. Something unresolved, needing to be looked at, and well, resolved. The pursuing entity is usually symbolic of the nature of the problem, but can be in fact anything. As the need to deal with the problem increases, the pursuing entity may take on a more fearsome aspect. This means only that its a more pressing issue. taking the Ferret for instance, what is a ferret? its a weasel, sneaky, untrustworthy, will steal from anyone without hesitation, and right under your nose if it can. The next feature water, is interesting, as this hides the actions of the weasel until its very close to you. It also prevents you making a quick escape, and hinders your ability to see it in order to protect yourself. Further, and more applicable, is that the element water is symbolic (on average) of the emotional body. (the human is considered to have a physical, a mental, and emotional body working together to be a whole being.) The condition of the water is significant, is it smooth, and calm? choppy, or even violently disturbed, and stormy. Is it clear, allowing you to see into it, or murky and turbid masking what may be occurring just beneath the surface ?
I would think that this may be that someone you have trusted, and have some type of friendship, or other social relationship with is not worth your trust, you may have a suspicion of it, but not enough to consciously see it. Since it involves emotions, could be a family member, a significant other, or a pal who is undermining your relationship with another person, someone who is for whatever reason of some importance to you personally. It may be the old somebody trying to get you in trouble with that other important person A buddy trying to get your girlfriend, a co-worker who is trying for a better deal at your expense, things like that. Without knowing you and your situation better, I cant really tell for sure. so just a few ideas of how the dream can work, and how your sub-conscious will kick your shins to get your attention. Dont let it get you paranoid, sometimes a dream is just a dream.

Schuultz
02-15-2009, 01:46 PM
Wow, tankgeezer, have you studied psychology?

tankgeezer
02-15-2009, 03:16 PM
No, actually I'm a drop out that managed to make good. I have always had an interest in dreams, and have done some years study on the subject. Although Its been a few years since I have dissected a dream for someone, it is helpful to someone having a troubling dream to discover what is actually happening. Lucid dreaming mentioned in an earlier post is a very good tool to help with any dream you wish to work with. It takes some practice, and focus, but it will be helpful once its learned. The Chasing dream is one everyone has experienced at some point, and is usually not too difficult to unravel. As one's understanding of dreams increases, the dream will usually unfold a bit more at a time, till the root cause of it is discovered. The realization that the scary chaser isnt really dangerous but instead a messenger is normally enough to move the dream along toward resolution. tere are plenty of books about dreams, and online material as well I'm sure. The real truth of a dream is that for the most part, its us trying to tell ourselves something, and all characters, and other elements in it are pretty much just representations of different parts of ourselves. Colors of things can be important symbols, as can the condition of a thing thats part of the dream. Some common symbols of dreams are a house. you are making your way through a house, or some type of building, this represents in most cases, you as a whole. The color, condition, furnishings layout all have some reference to you, the dreamer. Lights, and candles are a symbol to look closely at the area where the light is, as there may be details important to you in the lighted areas. The colors may tell you what part of yourself is needing attention. Generally, these will conform the the chakra colors and indicate the part of the body being looked at. Dilapidated, dodgy, conditions mean that this part of you, or your life, is outdated, or indicates a disease, and needs to be healed, repaired ,shed, and replaced with something new and useful.Like if you dreamed that your car had tires that were all worn down, cracked, and leaking,may mean that you cant go far on what you have at present, and need something else to get you going again. More schooling, more something as what you have been doing is not getting you ahead. If this is while going to work, then it indicates your skillset in the workplace needs updating, or a change of job is in order. If on your way to the Church for your wedding, it means you fear that you dont have what it takes to carry off a married life. (or it means bad choice of spouse, and you best run the other way...:) ) If you wish to analyze your dreams it helps to develop a dream glossary of symbols, and terms. The books can help you do this. once your sub-conscious knows what symbols you understand, it will use them, and you will understand more about your dreams. There is still alot more to the subject, but it'll do to get you started.

Nickdfresh
02-15-2009, 04:17 PM
The original book is Freud's "The Interpretation of Dreams." I haven't read that one, but, while Freud makes some good points and is essential reading, he has his own "manias" for sure! :D

"Civilization and Its Discontents" is brilliant though...

Schuultz
02-15-2009, 04:33 PM
Next time I have a dream I can remember past brushing my teeth I'll post it here and let you fellows analyze it :D

tankgeezer
02-15-2009, 10:56 PM
Everyone dreams, even if you dont remember them, you do dream. maybe its for the best, but if you want to remember a dream, talk yourself into it through the day, and it will happen before too long. Sometimes you can play them like a role playing game, in others you're just along for the ride. you may dream in black, and white, like a silent movie, or have every sense available, and more. Pleasant dreams all,,,,

Iron Yeoman
02-16-2009, 02:37 AM
With all this talk about dreams maybe one of you can answer this for me -

Does eating cheese before going to bed really induce nightmares/dreams?

Rising Sun*
02-16-2009, 05:34 AM
With all this talk about dreams maybe one of you can answer this for me -

Does eating cheese before going to bed really induce nightmares/dreams?

If you have enough of it and of the right type to stimulate you, probably yes. It works for me with some cheeses, mostly blue cheeses but sometimes a really sharp pecorino romano or parmesan and occasionally a really well matured cheddar type.

The cheese dream thing is from a ****ens novel I think, but I can't recall which one. There's a character who says something about cheese inducing (bad?) dreams.

I know that there are certain foods which will give me disturbed sleep or other problems, if indulged in in the quantities which make it worthwhile consuming them rather than just sampling them. Usually they're the ones with the most spices or long matured or sharp tastes. Decent Parmesan; sun dried tomatoes; balsamic vinegar; rogan josh; satay; and all the things I love but that now don't love me. :(

There are others which will stop me sleeping, notably a glass or two of Coke from the late afternoon on. I very, very rarely drink it because it keeps me awake, although it was my primary source of nutrients between the ages of 15 and 25.

I recall that the ?****ens character says something about cheese bringing bad dreams or sleep disturbance, but he is an old man.

I'm heading for old and over the past couple of decades I've gradually worked out that there are foods which I'm better off avoiding as they keep me awake; give me headaches; or do other things, none of which happened when I used to eat them in my youth.

I don't know whether I've lost my ability to cope with whatever is in these foods or whether their ingredients have changed. Probably a bit of both, but mostly the former I suspect. :(

32Bravo
02-16-2009, 06:18 AM
I'm heading for old and over the past couple of decades I've gradually worked out that there are foods which I'm better off avoiding as they keep me awake; give me headaches; or do other things, none of which happened when I used to eat them in my youth.

I don't know whether I've lost my ability to cope with whatever is in these foods or whether their ingredients have changed. Probably a bit of both, but mostly the former I suspect. :(

Generally, I find I can eat what I like without loosing sleep providing I have a good sex session before I get my turret down. It is also quite soothing after bad dreams.

Rising Sun*
02-16-2009, 06:21 AM
Generally, I find I can eat what I like without loosing sleep providing I have a good sex session before I get my turret down.

That works for me too, but I was talking about eating food rather than snatch. ;) :D

Schuultz
02-16-2009, 06:28 AM
If you have enough of it and of the right type to stimulate you, probably yes. It works for me with some cheeses, mostly blue cheeses but sometimes a really sharp pecorino romano or parmesan and occasionally a really well matured cheddar type.

I would consider the eating blue cheese part a nightmare on its own...

32Bravo
02-16-2009, 06:30 AM
That works for me too, but I was talking about eating food rather than snatch. ;) :D

Afters, old chap. :lol:

Rising Sun*
02-16-2009, 07:14 AM
I would consider the eating blue cheese part a nightmare on its own...

This coming from a descendant of the nation which had beer for breakfast (a tradition I am working assiduously to revive) only a century ago? ;) :D

As for the various blue cheeses, I like them best on little biscuits we have called Savoury Shapes, which are the best sharp tastes our food scientists can come up with (mostly based on MSG, suspect food colours, and vicious cheese extracts), until they can contain nuclear explosions in the mouth.

Or on a plainer base to allow the other subtle tastes to come through, on a Savoy biscuit, which is just a salt cracker but the best of the lot.

Personally, I like a Savoury Shape or, sort of better because they're bigger and can hold more but are less tasty a Savoy, stacked with a slice of fresh tomato sprinkled with salt and a heavy grind of black pepper and a good sprinkling of Worcestershire sauce; a thick slice of hot Hungarian salami; a big slab of blue cheese, although in old age I'm going for the cream types; a semi-sun dried tomato or five in olive oil; a thickish wafer of fresh pineapple; some slices of gherkin; a layer of anchovies; a layer of crispy short cut bacon; and a few more grinds of black pepper.

navyson
02-16-2009, 07:22 AM
Personally, I like a Savoury Shape or, sort of better because they're bigger and can hold more but are less tasty a Savoy, stacked with a slice of fresh tomato sprinkled with salt and a heavy grind of black pepper and a good sprinkling of Worcestershire sauce; a thick slice of hot Hungarian salami; a big slab of blue cheese, although in old age I'm going for the cream types; a semi-sun dried tomato or five in olive oil; a thickish wafer of fresh pineapple; some slices of gherkin; a layer of anchovies; a layer of crispy short cut bacon; and a few more grinds of black pepper.

I've never been able to get that much on a cracker before!:mrgreen:

P.S. Although the tomato, salt/pepper, and Worcestershire sauce sounds like I ought to try.

herman2
02-16-2009, 07:36 AM
I've never been able to get that much on a cracker before!:mrgreen:

P.S. Although the tomato, salt/pepper, and Worcestershire sauce sounds like I ought to try.

Nayson, if you want to try something even better, try putting a nice fat piece of gongavarmi on a cracker!..It is to die for. it is the best!....(only if your in High Country though)....:)

navyson
02-16-2009, 08:00 AM
Nayson, if you want to try something even better, try putting a nice fat piece of gongavarmi on a cracker!..It is to die for. it is the best!....(only if your in High Country though)....:)
I've had sardines on crackers, but not gongavarmi. Do tell me how it tastes herman!;)

TheBeam
02-16-2009, 08:06 AM
I've had countless intense dreams of the shagging type and woken up as I'm about to deliver the master stroke or otherwise embark upon the road to unrivalled carnal pleasure. Invariably I am inhibited in my dreams by misplaced notions of marital fidelity.

I rarely have this kind of dream :( Really, it's too bad as when I have, it's been awesome. The most memorable, I was in Saudi Arabia and hadn't seen a woman in about 8 months...and found myself in a steamy hot tub with two incredibly choice females in bikinis. They started kissing each other, and then me, surrounding me and making boy sandwich with girl bread, in the water...

-- and this annoying jock wakes me up! I wanted to kill him. :evil:

TheBeam
02-16-2009, 08:17 AM
The feature of a dream depicting the dreamer being chased in any way, whether by something known, or not is all for the same reason. Something unresolved, needing to be looked at, and well, resolved. The pursuing entity is usually symbolic of the nature of the problem, but can be in fact anything. As the need to deal with the problem increases, the pursuing entity may take on a more fearsome aspect. This means only that its a more pressing issue. taking the Ferret for instance, what is a ferret? its a weasel, sneaky, untrustworthy, will steal from anyone without hesitation, and right under your nose if it can. The next feature water, is interesting, as this hides the actions of the weasel until its very close to you. It also prevents you making a quick escape, and hinders your ability to see it in order to protect yourself. Further, and more applicable, is that the element water is symbolic (on average) of the emotional body. (the human is considered to have a physical, a mental, and emotional body working together to be a whole being.) The condition of the water is significant, is it smooth, and calm? choppy, or even violently disturbed, and stormy. Is it clear, allowing you to see into it, or murky and turbid masking what may be occurring just beneath the surface ?
I would think that this may be that someone you have trusted, and have some type of friendship, or other social relationship with is not worth your trust, you may have a suspicion of it, but not enough to consciously see it. Since it involves emotions, could be a family member, a significant other, or a pal who is undermining your relationship with another person, someone who is for whatever reason of some importance to you personally. It may be the old somebody trying to get you in trouble with that other important person A buddy trying to get your girlfriend, a co-worker who is trying for a better deal at your expense, things like that. Without knowing you and your situation better, I cant really tell for sure. so just a few ideas of how the dream can work, and how your sub-conscious will kick your shins to get your attention. Dont let it get you paranoid, sometimes a dream is just a dream.

Wow Tankgeezer, this is ... shockingly spot on. Including the weasel part (I couldn't remember the name for a weasel so I said a ferret). The water clear, but very dark, calm and foreboding.

And as I read your explaination, I knew exactly what it was. Not in time to protect myself, but completely spot on. Betrayed by someone very close to me, at a level I couldn't imagine. Foreshadowed by a dream. Interesting.

Schuultz
02-16-2009, 08:38 AM
This coming from a descendant of the nation which had beer for breakfast only a century ago?

Why the heck are you writing in the past tense? :D

And you really can't compare eating blue mold with drinking rotting hops.

Wait a second... :shock:

:mrgreen:

Uyraell
02-16-2009, 03:36 PM
The game is called Front Mission Three. As I said, a Mecha-like game.

As to dreams..... and yes I know people will say "Impossible" and such, and that it is faulty memory..... I assure you, it isn't. I dream reasonably often now, about 8 to 18 times in any given year.

Regards, Uyraell.

tankgeezer
02-16-2009, 07:53 PM
Wow Tankgeezer, this is ... shockingly spot on. Including the weasel part (I couldn't remember the name for a weasel so I said a ferret). The water clear, but very dark, calm and foreboding.

And as I read your explaination, I knew exactly what it was. Not in time to protect myself, but completely spot on. Betrayed by someone very close to me, at a level I couldn't imagine. Foreshadowed by a dream. Interesting. Calm water, would mean on the surface, the appearances are normal, but being dark, that hides the true purpose of the one who betrays. The smiling face secreting a dagger of deceit. you have a gift for dreams. I would recommend that you learn more about dreams, you may find using your dreams in daily life, can be helpful.

RifleMan20
02-17-2009, 08:20 PM
The game is called Front Mission Three. As I said, a Mecha-like game.

As to dreams..... and yes I know people will say "Impossible" and such, and that it is faulty memory..... I assure you, it isn't. I dream reasonably often now, about 8 to 18 times in any given year.

Regards, Uyraell.

For some reason, Mecha games cause crazy dreams, I recall that I had many dreams that I was in a mech myself or I was watching somebody playing a mecha game, and most of the time, its deja vu and it happens again. Deja vu, thats freaking crazy how sometimes you know what exactly what your going to do.

Schuultz
02-17-2009, 08:26 PM
Don't they say nowadays that Deja-Vus are caused by your two brain halfs having a (obviously very minor) delay in communication at that specific moment? Apparently that's why you believe you have already experienced whatever you're about to do. Your one brain half has already processed everything you did when your other half gets the info.

You can't actually tell a delay in your actions or anything, but you have the feeling that you have experienced exactly the same before - except in reality it was only split-micro seconds.

As far as I know, scientists haven't really discovered why our brain does that sometimes...

RifleMan20
02-17-2009, 10:24 PM
I really don't know, lets ask the psychologist in this forum, tankgeezer.

Uyraell
02-18-2009, 03:46 PM
Don't they say nowadays that Deja-Vus are caused by your two brain halfs having a (obviously very minor) delay in communication at that specific moment? Apparently that's why you believe you have already experienced whatever you're about to do. Your one brain half has already processed everything you did when your other half gets the info.

You can't actually tell a delay in your actions or anything, but you have the feeling that you have experienced exactly the same before - except in reality it was only split-micro seconds.

As far as I know, scientists haven't really discovered why our brain does that sometimes...

You're right, though it seems that the "dream realm" -for want of a term- also processes data from external sources the conscious mind would not normally acknowledge, and that said processing touches at times upon what might be called the paranormal.
In reference: several I knew went through WW2, and would think of the wife or girlfriend before sleep . . . and the woman herself would know that had taken place, at the same time it took place.
In one particular case, the couple as I knew them were husband and wife.
Each independantly confirmed numerous occasions where such had taken place.
And yes, at times each would dream of the other in addition to the above-cited "usual" contact.

Given that as an accepted reality, I cannot see that processing other information/data from non-acknowledged external sources would be that much of a difficulty for the average human mind.
Wherefore the Deja-Vu may also be viewed in a similar light.

Regards, Uyraell.

Nighthawk
02-18-2009, 06:50 PM
Atta Boy RSM's is what makes any army - probably called a Gunny in the USA

Nighthawk
02-18-2009, 06:52 PM
'Mothers - in - law' are Sh1t scared of RSM's

tankgeezer
02-18-2009, 11:45 PM
Now you scamps are tip-toeing around in the metaphysical realm, and that is a bit tricky to explain. The sub-conscious mind is not readily accessible to most folks, being below their threashold of awareness.(as well as above) This does not mean it is in the "low band" actually it is everything outside of the spectrum of human senses. The S.C. mind handles everything you cant touch, smell etc. and then must filter it through to you bit at a time. The Human brain, is constructed to perceive in 3 dimensions, spacialy, and in the 3rd dimension energetically. If the different dimensions are thought of as frequencies as with tv, or radio, we are tuned to this particular one. So we operate at this frequency, exclusive of the others above, and below our own. all of the dimensions co-exist in the same general space, just as all of the radio, and tv channels are present in your home at any given time. Its the only the ones you are tuned to that comes in for you.
This means that you will consciously preceive, and interact with only that which is on your "station" .( K-Man, all confusion, all the time.) Now, we have the sub-conscious, or super-conscious, or whatever you may like to call it, picking up on everything else out there all at once. This information, or energy or whatever, is not on your channel, so you dont bump your nose into it everyday, its the job of the S.C. mind to get you the info. It isnt always clear, concise, or even pretty. Uless you have done alot of work to interface with the higher frequencies, it will come through your dreams, or other daydreamy musings. This is why many dreams seem so impossibly weird, and disjointed.
Its alot like trying to run X-Box 360 games on an Atari 2600 (what 3-D would be if it were a game system.) The data will not latch, and renders only gibberish, if anything.
Add to this that physical concepts of other higher dimensions will not translate into 3-D well either. A number of brainy types have used the shape of the 3-D cube as an example of this idea. Everyone knows what a cube looks like, they are 3 dimensional, and so match our ability to perceive them. Then there are the "flatlanders" 2 dimensional people. if you show them a cube, they will only perceive the flattened 2-D shadow of the cube as their brains cannot feature the 3rd axis. We in the 3rd dimension will have the same handycap with anything higher than our level of perception.
Long windy story short, the S.C. acts as a converter, or modem (albeit in a very clunky, kaleidoscope sort of way.) for the reception of this high flying information.

herman2
02-19-2009, 09:03 AM
I had a Dream and when I wokr up I remembered it vividly, and i was scared. Now I am at work and I can't remember anything about it except that it involved snakes. It's only been a few hours but I find this always happens. i remember the dream so well as it was real then as the day progresses it fades from my memory....I hope I am not getting Alzheimers. I find this to be a strange aspect of my dreams......

Rising Sun*
02-19-2009, 09:29 AM
I had a Dream and when I wokr up I remembered it vividly, and i was scared. Now I am at work and I can't remember anything about it except that it involved snakes. It's only been a few hours but I find this always happens. i remember the dream so well as it was real then as the day progresses it fades from my memory....I hope I am not getting Alzheimers. I find this to be a strange aspect of my dreams......

Everyone has the same experience.

It is perfectly normal.

However, should you find that as the day progresses your snake is shrinking then this is not normal and you should get yourself to a doctor or hospital ASAP, in case your snake shrinks so much that you have two belly buttons, for which there is no known medical or surgical cure. :D

Rising Sun*
02-19-2009, 09:44 AM
On the transmission of thoughts and events across space.

During WWII my father woke and moved around his home during the night, which woke his mother who got up and asked him what he was doing. He replied something like 'Alan's just been killed."

Alan was his best mate, who was a pilot flying bombers in England. His bomber had been badly damaged on a raid. Alan kept the bomber aloft as long as he could, but it couldn't make it back to England. Alan kept it aloft long enough for the rest of the crew to get out. By that time he couldn't get out. He died when the plane ditched in the English Channel.

Later information showed that my father woke about the same time as the plane ditched.

tankgeezer
02-19-2009, 10:31 AM
It is a good idea to keep a note pad nearby, and when you wake from a dream, write down everything you recall. even how you feel about it. Whatever you feel is important. With practice, you may be able to recall most of your dreams.
As to snakes, the usual definition of snakes is that they are the bearers of gifts of knowledge, usually of the arcane, and ancient variety. They are also associated with the mysteries of ancient Egypt. Very good to dream of snakes, (normally) or maybe you just watched Indiana Jones. :) If its something important, the dream will return, perhaps with some differences, but basically the same deal.

herman2
02-19-2009, 10:47 AM
It is a good idea to keep a note pad nearby, and when you wake from a dream, write down everything you recall. even how you feel about it. Whatever you feel is important. With practice, you may be able to recall most of your dreams.
As to snakes, the usual definition of snakes is that they are the bearers of gifts of knowledge, usually of the arcane, and ancient variety. They are also associated with the mysteries of ancient Egypt. Very good to dream of snakes, (normally) or maybe you just watched Indiana Jones. :) If its something important, the dream will return, perhaps with some differences, but basically the same deal.

Well, if it is knowledge, it must be the knowledge I gain from interacting on this site with Smart Great People; and if it is of the ancient type of knowledge then you could say ww2 is ancient thus I was dreaming of this Forum and possibly of RS the Great one!..You never know!,,makes sense to me!Thanks!

tankgeezer
02-19-2009, 01:28 PM
Well, if it is knowledge, it must be the knowledge I gain from interacting on this site with Smart Great People; and if it is of the ancient type of knowledge then you could say ww2 is ancient thus I was dreaming of this Forum and possibly of RS the Great one!..You never know!,,makes sense to me!Thanks!
Oh, I think this knowledge is older even than our RS though some may feel that to be improbable.;)

Uyraell
02-19-2009, 07:10 PM
On the transmission of thoughts and events across space.

During WWII my father woke and moved around his home during the night, which woke his mother who got up and asked him what he was doing. He replied something like 'Alan's just been killed."

Alan was his best mate, who was a pilot flying bombers in England. His bomber had been badly damaged on a raid. Alan kept the bomber aloft as long as he could, but it couldn't make it back to England. Alan kept it aloft long enough for the rest of the crew to get out. By that time he couldn't get out. He died when the plane ditched in the English Channel.

Later information showed that my father woke about the same time as the plane ditched.

Fully believe that info, Rising Sun, as similar examples exist in my family.
As to the dead: Well may they Rest.

Regards, Uyraell.

flamethrowerguy
02-19-2009, 11:51 PM
Fully believe that info, Rising Sun, as similar examples exist in my family.
As to the dead: Well may they Rest.

Regards, Uyraell.

Same here, it's told that my great-grandmother startled up from a dream the night her son was killed in the Mediterranean in late 1941. She knew and immediately told her husband that something has happened to my grand-uncle.

Rising Sun*
02-20-2009, 06:35 AM
Oh, I think this knowledge is older even than our RS ......

Don't bet on it. ;) :D

Major Walter Schmidt
02-20-2009, 08:02 AM
That seems highly unpossible! :mrgreen:

herman2
02-20-2009, 09:16 AM
I had a dream that Hitler farted, but then I realized it was Churchill. God!

tankgeezer
02-20-2009, 11:48 AM
Don't bet on it. ;) :D
Ah, you are a man of letters,, Most have things like M.P. (member of Parliament,)
PH.D, Doctoral level of any field of study, (this is for you young guys)
MXB, (Master of X-Box, also for you younger guys)
Then we have our Esteemed R.S. who holds a B.C.E. (before Christian Era) :)

herman2
02-20-2009, 02:12 PM
Ah, you are a man of letters,, Most have things like M.P. (member of Parliament,)
PH.D, Doctoral level of any field of study, (this is for you young guys)
MXB, (Master of X-Box, also for you younger guys)
Then we have our Esteemed R.S. who holds a B.C.E. (before Christian Era) :)

R.S. Stands for :
Really Smart! or
Reall Swell !or
Rediculously Smart!, or
Rock Solid! or
Reall Super!
Thats What Rising Sun's signature means to me! (so true)!

Major Walter Schmidt
02-20-2009, 05:24 PM
Im not going to say what I thought, because that would simply be disrespectable, untrue, and might get me kicked.....

Nighthawk
02-21-2009, 02:54 AM
Was the smell the same lol

Nighthawk
02-21-2009, 03:01 AM
Rising Sun,
Dreams, premonitions - it is NOT a joke! Many are the related 'happenings' Lots of people don't WANT to believe these instances but there is something unexplainable!!!!!

32Bravo
02-21-2009, 11:20 AM
I thought this interesting and, to some extent, fits with TG's recommendations. It's a piece from Fraser's book describing how, as a newly promoted Lance Corporal, he had to deal with certain situations which arose.

...or how to cope with a seasoned veteran who, in a lonely basha at night, swore that there were Japanese outside, hundreds of them but only eighteen inches tall, and led by his Member of Parliament, Sir Walter Womersley, Minister for Pensions. He was the only case (the veteran, not Womersly) that I ever encountered of what is now called, I believe, post-battle trauma; I'm sure it would need a psychiatric report and counselling by social workers nowadays, but the section simply advised him to take his kukri to them - which he did, cleaving the air and crying: "Pensions, you old bastard!" before going back to sleep. He was entirely normal for the rest of the campaign.

Basha

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p163/gordymiller/DSCN0683.jpg

Kukri

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://images.coldsteel-knives.com/Lg/3454_1/39LGK_Cold_Steel_Gurkha_Kukri.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.rockynational.com/3454_39LGK_Cold_Steel_Gurkha_Kukri.html&usg=__Pcn5ZJveJ7VpP2sDX-RIk8kbv-U=&h=1000&w=1000&sz=154&hl=en&start=8&tbnid=uAmRnitTsL2zeM:&tbnh=149&tbnw=149&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dkukri%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

Major Walter Schmidt
02-21-2009, 07:01 PM
Funny, in Japanese Basha means horse carriage and Kukri (pronounced Ku-Kuri) means to tie....

Schuultz
02-21-2009, 08:40 PM
I thought this interesting and, to some extent, fits with TG's recommendations. It's a piece from Fraser's book describing how, as a newly promoted Lance Corporal, he had to deal with certain situations which arose.

Well... if it helped him... Maybe modern psychologists should take a notice of that and let their patients slash the air with huge machetes and Kukris instead of letting them lie on a couch and cry :D

32Bravo
02-22-2009, 06:28 AM
Well... if it helped him... Maybe modern psychologists should take a notice of that and let their patients slash the air with huge machetes and Kukris instead of letting them lie on a couch and cry :D

Your comments are probably not as daft as they seem, if one thinks of 'slashing with a kukri' as a metaphor for the equicalent in others' dreams.

Rising Sun*
02-22-2009, 06:38 AM

Perhaps not.

I worked off my rage at something once by belting a fallen tree with a machete. A wild blow hit it with a flat blade which bounced up and bloody near made me lie down and cry. And bleed. :D

32Bravo
02-22-2009, 06:51 AM
Perhaps not.

I worked off my rage at something once by belting a fallen tree with a machete. A wild blow hit it with a flat blade which bounced up and bloody near made me lie down and cry. And bleed. :D

And, in your dreams, the tree has been slashing at you ever since? :lol:

Rising Sun*
02-22-2009, 07:04 AM
And, in your dreams, the tree has been slashing at you ever since? :lol:

No, and I'm pleased to report that I haven't got to the stage of having a slash in my dreams, either. :D