PDA

View Full Version : We Have a New Mod on the Way...

Nickdfresh
11-15-2008, 07:53 PM
I just wanted to say this. We have a new Mod, and there will be joy, chagrin, and bloody fear when he is announced.

I shall say that there has been talk and speculation so I must state that despite popular demand, stevey14/88, Bubba, and Aly J will not be modded despite the overwhelming quality of their posts and boundless knowledge of WWII.

Having said that, I do hope they continue to contribute with a bevy of their immaculate postings which make this site so worthwhile...

navyson
11-15-2008, 09:34 PM
Hopefully none of our regular mods are leaving us?

tankgeezer
11-16-2008, 01:00 AM
I'll spill the beans,,,its.....

Churchill
11-16-2008, 01:24 AM
Oh sh!ti Not himi

kamehouse
11-16-2008, 03:40 AM
Can we make some bets?

pdf27
11-16-2008, 03:56 AM
Hopefully none of our regular mods are leaving us?
Nope, we're just feeling lazy and wish to spread the workload. Furthermore, there are moves afoot to give us mod control over the photo section as well, and the additional mod(s) will also help ensure that this doesn't cause an increase in our workload.

Can we make some bets?
Feel free. It'll be amusing to see if you guys think the same way we do!

kamehouse
11-16-2008, 03:57 AM
I hope it's Rising sun,his famous post gave back some powers to the Moderator's team.
I think he genuinely cared.

navyson
11-16-2008, 08:07 AM
Nope, we're just feeling lazy and wish to spread the workload. Furthermore, there are moves afoot to give us mod control over the photo section as well, and the additional mod(s) will also help ensure that this doesn't cause an increase in our workload. (pdf27 quote)

Well, I'm glad ya'll will have more control over the pic site also. There are some definite Neo-nazi types on there. Plus others that are just plain stupid, not ideologically (?) stupid.

Panzerknacker
11-16-2008, 11:37 AM
We have a new Mod, and there will be joy, chagrin, and bloody fear

I am not quite sure what "chagrin" means but does not sound like a good thing :shock:

pdf27
11-16-2008, 11:46 AM
Main Entry:
1cha·grin
Pronunciation:
\shə-ˈgrin\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
French, from chagrin sad
Date:
circa 1681
: disquietude or distress of mind caused by humiliation, disappointment, or failure

Panzerknacker
11-16-2008, 11:49 AM
Ughh...so bad is this new mod ?

pdf27
11-16-2008, 12:14 PM
I dunno - it all depends who out there wants to be a mod and isn't going to be selected this time around. Aly J, stevey14/88 and herman2 are all likely to be suffering from it!

Churchill
11-16-2008, 12:19 PM
Herman2 especially! :D

tankgeezer
11-16-2008, 12:31 PM
I am not quite sure what "chagrin" means but does not sound like a good thing :shock:
It means very unpleasantly surprised.
much like the reaction you might have if you your favorite wine had gone to vinegar on you.:shock::evil:(kind of like this)

Panzerknacker
11-16-2008, 12:44 PM
Or if my favorite girl wasnt a girl...:D

Churchill
11-16-2008, 01:34 PM
That could be deadly! ;)

Firefly
11-16-2008, 05:12 PM
The rumours are true, the Mod team is to be increased by not one, but three. The three new Mods will be announced and sworn in later this week hopefully.

The increase in Mods is just that, none of the others are leaving and we plan to expand into the photo section and get to grips with the fascist trend in there lately.

Were working for you here and any suggestions for improvements are more than welcome. As long as they are sensible!

Churchill
11-16-2008, 10:34 PM
Wow, three new ones? You guys must really need help.

tankgeezer
11-17-2008, 12:03 AM
Or if my favorite girl wasnt a girl...:D
That may constitute something greater than chagrin, but fits in spirit,,

herman2
11-17-2008, 10:43 AM
I dunno - it all depends who out there wants to be a mod and isn't going to be selected this time around. Aly J, stevey14/88 and herman2 are all likely to be suffering from it!

HEyyyyyyyyyy. Why you put my fine name attached to them others? The Hermanmeister has made some considerable contributions to this fine site, unlike them others. I can only hope that the new Mod is as Nice and as compassionate and knowledgable as PDF and the gang. My hat goes off to the new Mod and although no one can be as good as PDF when it comes to Mod stuff, I am sure we will all be happy that the new Mod will make life easier for the current Mods who work so hard at their enduring tasks each and every day.All together now Hip Hip Hurray! Hip Hip Hurray!!:army:

pdf27
11-17-2008, 01:23 PM
HEyyyyyyyyyy. Why you put my fine name attached to them others?
Because with your demonstrated lack of judgement and frequent cases of blatant sucking up to the mods, we feel you are unsuitable to be made a mod. We feel the same about the other two mentioned.

tankgeezer
11-17-2008, 02:09 PM
Which does beg the question, when will we, the teeming masses be informed of the identities of the new victims,er,, I mean moderators.

pdf27
11-17-2008, 04:04 PM
Those we have *ahem* nominated have been PM'ed about it by Firefly (at least, he assures me he has done so :p). We are now waiting for all three of them to confirm that they are willing to do it, and when we get confirmation the announcement will go up here.

If are one of the poor sods to be PM'ed, please keep quiet about it until we make the announcement. I'd rather not upset the betting in this thread!

herman2
11-17-2008, 04:29 PM
I am so excited!.I won't be able to sleep tonight. I hope RS accepts the Mod post. He would be great at it. This is more exciting than the Obama campaign!:D

pdf27
11-17-2008, 04:33 PM
I am so excited!.I won't be able to sleep tonight. I hope RS accepts the Mod post. He would be great at it. This is more exciting than the Obama campaign!:D
What makes you think he's been selected? Personally, I voted for Genghis Khan, Scipio Africanus and Vlad Dracul.

Panzerknacker
11-17-2008, 05:12 PM
That may constitute something greater than chagrin, but fits in spirit,,

Oh, thank you, I am always looking for improve my foreign language skills, by the way in regard of my earlier post there is a amusing story of some guys in Brazil...but I guess that is for other topic :mrgreen:

Egorka
11-17-2008, 05:19 PM
Off topic:

Guys, do you know where Dani has gone?
If Dani is not visiting us any more, then do we have an other member from Rumania?

pdf27
11-17-2008, 06:15 PM
Guys, do you know where Dani has gone?
If Dani is not visiting us any more, then do we have an other member from Rumania?
He retired as a moderator as he simply couldn't devote enough time to it. He does stick his head around the door every now and again when he has the time, but that isn't very often.

tankgeezer
11-17-2008, 06:35 PM
Those we have *ahem* nominated have been PM'ed about it by Firefly (at least, he assures me he has done so :p). We are now waiting for all three of them to confirm that they are willing to do it, and when we get confirmation the announcement will go up here.

If are one of the poor sods to be PM'ed, please keep quiet about it until we make the announcement. I'd rather not upset the betting in this thread!

well, I am not of the anointed, and good thing, being a retired biker bar bouncer(a most notorious bar at that, ) The brass knuckles are my first choice response to problems.....(insert "bleeding profusely" smiley here ) :)

Churchill
11-17-2008, 06:43 PM
I agree with you TG, my studies are slipping a little... :oops:

Rising Sun*
11-17-2008, 06:53 PM
Personally, I voted for Genghis Khan, Scipio Africanus and Vlad Dracul.

What about Tomás de Torquemada? He'd have got the truth out of aly j before putting her to the stake.

tankgeezer
11-17-2008, 08:23 PM
I'd vote for Vlad even though he was a bit of a moderate,,,,:)
And will certainly enjoy having my Oz friend R.S. as a moderator. (he prefers the good old stock whip.)

tankgeezer
11-17-2008, 11:05 PM
I agree with you TG, my studies are slipping a little... :oops:

Well young Mr. Churchill, one's studies are one's future. Being a bouncer might seem adventurous, but its really just hard work.(or very boring) The regulars are never a problem, its always the rummies that see your light on after being kicked out of a couple other places that cause the trouble.
"Roadhouse" may be a good movie, but isnt very realistic.
You are best served by getting a very good education, and making obscene amounts of money. Then you can own most of the things we talk about in this forum,,, (a good thing)
When kids admire my motorcycles, and say they want to get one when they grow up, I tell them do well in school, stick with it, so they can get a really good job, cause they'll need it to afford a bike these days...

Rising Sun*
11-17-2008, 11:43 PM
Being a bouncer might seem adventurous, but its really just hard work.(or very boring) The regulars are never a problem, its always the rummies that see your light on after being kicked out of a couple other places that cause the trouble.

Did you wear your kilt when bouncing (as distinct from bouncing while wearing your kilt)? :D

tankgeezer
11-18-2008, 12:46 AM
Did you wear your kilt when bouncing (as distinct from bouncing while wearing your kilt)? :D
Haa-Haaaaaaa! thats a good one R.S. no, never wore a kilt to a biker bar, (some of those guys are so drunk, and desperate, they might get the wrong idea.:shock:)

Rising Sun*
11-18-2008, 01:01 AM
Haa-Haaaaaaa! thats a good one R.S. no, never wore a kilt to a biker bar, (some of those guys are so drunk, and desperate, they might get the wrong idea.:shock:)

A pity.

It conjures up a wonderful image. :D

Gen. Sandworm
11-18-2008, 04:14 AM
I dont feel like we are picking the bottom bottom of the barrel. Some of you are just possible mods and some of you are not. No offense intended! As much as we need the possible staff members........ is the same level as we need those that just are not going to be staff. Honestly some of those that are not going to be staff are some of the best posters. Its hard to see it from our side unless you have been there. PK STFU :D:D:D

Yes we are thinking of a new mod. Some of you have been contacted and some of you have not ........ or have not been contacted yet. Dont feel offended.......if you are offended you were probably not mod material anyhow. Also some have time and some dont. Time is a really key factor in consideration. We dont get paid to do this.

For me ........ I have had everything on this site and I will describe it like this........ POWER........I HAVE TO DO MORE.......I DONT KNOW IF I CAN DO ENOUGH. The whole I dont know if I can do enough has been the reason for alot of my problems. (Which is alot of the reason for the drunken odd posts) ...... I just care.

So just in case we overlooked you and you want alot of responsibility with no pay ........... Please sign up! :D (coz if you do .... your alot dumber then I thought) COUGH! :D:D:D

Panzerknacker
11-18-2008, 07:59 AM
I think the only issue than can affect the new Mod is how they get to understand with the other mods and the chief Mods.

Being a so self confident and centred individual I didnt have any trouble getting the hands dirty doing some intervention, intervention that sometimes didnt fell good in the Oberkommando das Forum.

Particulary I dont like the todays allowance of insults toward each other, that should be edited.

Being a graduate of the Argentine technical high school wich was modelated after the german technical school I believe in the reward-punishment system.

I remember one czech guy who insulted the Russian army calling them a bunch of rapist of something like that, I edited that message, and then the guy insulted me, it was the last post of him.
I am pretty sure if that siuation happen now the same member would allowed to stay a lot more time.

Also the excesive repetition of topics is always anoying.

A recomendation for wathever is the new one: If you going to have the good will to stay below the firefly armpit do it, If not you better dont take the job.

Aniway if you are short of Mods and need an individual to police the German military and other military section think in my.

Rising Sun*
11-18-2008, 08:32 AM
Particulary I dont like the todays allowance of insults toward each other, that should be edited.

Or perhaps those members insulting others should be encouraged to stop it, rather than expecting mods to clean up their mess in edits?

tankgeezer
11-18-2008, 09:28 AM
No snub taken Gen. SandWorm,, I prefer to remain in the tree tops, pot shooting a topic now and then, when I can get out to find, and photograph something interesting. :)

herman2
11-18-2008, 10:27 AM
I dont feel like we are picking the bottom bottom of the barrel. Some of you are just possible mods and some of you are not. No offense intended! As much as we need the possible staff members........ is the same level as we need those that just are not going to be staff. Honestly some of those that are not going to be staff are some of the best posters. Its hard to see it from our side unless you have been there. PK STFU :D:D:D

Yes we are thinking of a new mod. Some of you have been contacted and some of you have not ........ or have not been contacted yet. Dont feel offended.......if you are offended you were probably not mod material anyhow. Also some have time and some dont. Time is a really key factor in consideration. We dont get paid to do this.

For me ........ I have had everything on this site and I will describe it like this........ POWER........I HAVE TO DO MORE.......I DONT KNOW IF I CAN DO ENOUGH. The whole I dont know if I can do enough has been the reason for alot of my problems. (Which is alot of the reason for the drunken odd posts) ...... I just care.

So just in case we overlooked you and you want alot of responsibility with no pay ........... Please sign up! :D (coz if you do .... your alot dumber then I thought) COUGH! :D:D:D

I Nominate RS for Mod!
Even though he will probably vapourize me if he were selected, I feel that his insight, seniority and humour speaks volumes. I know he turned down the position before as I read, but perhaps if us little guys told him how much we would like him to be Mod, then perhaps he would re-consider. I mean, I don;t think he works or anything, cause he's always on the web, so he has lots of time. He knows so much about War stuff and isn't afraid to tackle a viewpoint from any side or angle. His humour is sophisticated and his demeanor, although a bit rough around the edges (especially to me), I still think he has it in him to be a great Mod. Let it be on record that I The Herman Meister officially voice my support for RS as Mod!!:D

Major Walter Schmidt
11-18-2008, 10:47 AM
Now thats what I call sucking up...

herman2
11-18-2008, 03:33 PM
When are we going to know who the new Mod's) is/are?
I keep checking the forum every half an hr. It can be very nerve racking. the anticipation is a killer!. With my luck, the news will get out when I'm asleep and I will miss everything. Maybe Adrian or Walter or Chevan will be mod? Oh I know!. The Librarian?!! or maybe.....Churchill!!!,,cause he's real cool!. he always spots the spammers. Who is it!.. I need to know!. Why is life so cruel!.pls pls PLEASE let us know!!:D

Churchill
11-18-2008, 04:12 PM
I hope Librarian is one, though his politeness might get in the way of banning people...:)

Firefly
11-18-2008, 04:48 PM
Be patient my friends, all will be revealed soon.

pdf27
11-18-2008, 05:55 PM
Well, since some of you are clearly getting overly excited I may as well announce this now, as the guys in question should be getting their super special modpowers from General Sandworm imminently.

Therefore, congratulations (and indeed comiserations) to our new mods

Rising Sun*

and

flamethrowerguy

A third potential mod is still under consideration, and if we decide to induct them into the hellhole that is the war room, part 2 of 2 of The Big Announcement will be made here.

Churchill
11-18-2008, 06:21 PM
GJ, guys, and congrats and many beers to you.

Firefly
11-18-2008, 06:52 PM
Id like to thank both these guys for their outstanding contribution to the Forum and for answering the call to be a mod.

Im sure everyone will agree that they will bring their own special talents to modding here and that the forum can only get better.

Cheers

FF

Nickdfresh
11-18-2008, 07:54 PM
Two better choices could not have been made...

Congratulations to both...

Incidentally, there are some great posters and contributors here that are essentially mod of this site just by posting regularly, caring about site quality, and actively and aggressively putting the hammar down on idiot spammers and hooligans. One certainly doesn't need Mod controls to do that! And I'd like to thank the likes of (but in no way limited too) Churchill, Egorka, Chevan,Tankgeezer, and yes, even PK,:D for their regular contributions and for making this place worth coming too day to day...

There are a lot of forums, but I really believe this one is special...

kamehouse
11-18-2008, 07:57 PM
I win!
Flamethrowerguy would have been my second choice because he wished me a happy birthday.
So where is my lollipop?

George Eller
11-18-2008, 08:54 PM
-

Rising Sun and Flamethrowerguy, welcome to the team :)

You both have contributed much to the defense of this site and now with the addition of mod powers you will be an even greater asset.

We still have a third potential moderator from whom we are awaiting a reply. So we may have our answer sometime tomorrow.

And what Nick wrote above about our other members, I concur with totally.

-

tankgeezer
11-18-2008, 09:20 PM
Aww, now I'm blushing,,,:)

Gen. Sandworm
11-19-2008, 03:01 AM
This idea is pretty old and we never had a good one for a long time. Is anyone seriously interested in being the site photo manipulator? You just help do any kind of photo manipulation. If its the staff or anybody that needs help..........just need some help. This is a POSSIBLE gateway to being a mod ........... but pretty much you do alot of work with no recognition besides that the staff will be very thankful for.

Yes my attitude sux :D but I am just being clear on things. If you want to help out ........ staff or not......... its alot of bullshit for very little benefits. You really have to just love it ......... and be able to love it when its just annoying. Anyhoo...

If you are interested in working for the site or being the combat photographer as we call it. Please let us know. Oh we cant probably dig up a pick for you avatar. :D

Rising Sun*
11-19-2008, 06:56 AM
Thanks to members and mods for the generous comments and welcome to me in my coming modding role.

I'm afraid I'll be a bit of a disappointment to anyone who thinks my appointment will change anything. I'll just carry on the reasonably liberal but, when necessary, firm practices established by the current mods and super mod, albeit with the back-up of greater powers recently granted to the mods.

Anyway, it'll be a while before I get off trainer wheels so I'll just be trundling around on my mod kiddy bike for a while, hopefully doing a bit better than this. http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=ptOfWqYJhVM

Rising Sun*
11-19-2008, 07:00 AM
I Nominate RS for Mod!
Even though he will probably vapourize me if he were selected,

Nah, you're already emitting plenty of vapour. :D

navyson
11-19-2008, 08:04 AM
I'd like to offer my congratulations to Rising Sun (RS) and Flamethrowerguy (FTG).
I had hoped that RS would reconsider becoming a mod. To me, his recent "tirades" only showed that he cares and defends the quality of the site. Fortunately, everything worked out as now we have mods with more capabilities/power and are adding some mods to help relieve the stress level on the current admins and mods. (And we aren't losing RS;))
I'm glad FTG was considered, because he is a great contributer to the picture site and defends that site when needed. I have no doubts that will carry over to the forums.

And thanks again to the current admins and mods, keep up the good work.

P.S. I agree with Nickdfresh's post #49 also. I'm more of a reader than a big contributor, so I hope everyone continues with their contributions to the forum.

pdf27
11-19-2008, 08:04 AM
A third potential mod is still under consideration, and if we decide to induct them into the hellhole that is the war room, part 2 of 2 of The Big Announcement will be made here.

Sadly, the member in question declined to become a mod (can't think why!). So The Big Announcement is that there isn't one!

herman2
11-19-2008, 09:02 AM
RS I am so HAPPY for you!!...and you too Flame Thrower guy!...I knew it I knew it!! I had a dream last night that RS was going to be MOD. I thought to myself who could possibly be so well rounded about war stuff and funny sounding fish that habitat in the high lands of Australia. I think RS should even become a Super Mod because he contributes so much to this site and has a unique way of dealing with trouble makers. RS is compassionate and passionate with his war discussions. The day I first argued with him, I knew I was barking up the wrong tree. I was ashamed of myself but didn’t know how to tell him without losing face. I researched stuff about Australia and tried to impress RS with items that may originate from Australia. I thought how cool it was that someone from Australia half way around the world made me feel like he was next door. I am deeply and sincerely happy that you accepted Mod RS and I promise to be respectful and professional with your Modding and hope you can be tolerant of me. I value the stuff I learn on this site and I want you to know that I have always liked you deep down. Sometimes people show their bonding through resistance and perhaps that’s why we sometimes had minor disagreements, but in the end, you were always correct and showed it with humility. I know you will be the nicest Mod of them all. (next to George Eller of course), and I implore you to please forgive me for any animosity that may have transpired in the past. I have read a lot of your old threads and admire your wisdom and common sense in all subjects war related or not. Congratulations once again and remember your TOPS with me!!:D

Egorka
11-19-2008, 09:12 AM
Cool! Congratulations to both of you!!!

Egorka
11-19-2008, 09:21 AM
My suggestion to the new Mods is to start their carier by opening a thread named "Should Sharia law be introduced in ww2incolor Forum".

;)

Chevan
11-19-2008, 02:46 PM
Thanks to members and mods for the generous comments and welcome to me in my coming modding role.

Damn mate, how they have persuaded you to be the mod?:)
How many times did they offer it? 5 or 10?
But you always refused , you was "too busy or lazy":)
And now .. you are mod. I can't believe, just can't imagine you, banning the trolls and closing the spam threads here:)It's looks so odd to you..
btw I hope you will n't ban me for "communism"?
And mr flamethrowerguy what a nice surprise, you are the first German mod here, my special congrats to you.
The forum just wins from modding of you both here, comrades.:D

Chevan
11-19-2008, 03:00 PM
There are a lot of forums, but I really believe this one is special...
I think there is a "special atmosphere" that creats a relatively limited circle of more or less constant regular members that makes our forum Especial.

herman2
11-19-2008, 04:32 PM
1 already received an infraction of one point. I am not allowed to discuss it, but I am sadly disappointed by this decision. Sorry Mod (you know who you are), for infractering me. I mean, the new Mods haven't been on the job for less than a day, and I already got a P.M. and an infraction. All of a sudden I don't like this new arrangement. Please be gentle with me; I don't hurt anyone. I;ll pipe down a bit more if thats what it takes...boo hoo hoo...:oops:

Rising Sun*
11-19-2008, 04:47 PM
I mean, the new Mods haven't been on the job for less than a day, and I already got a P.M. and an infraction.

The new mods aren't yet on the job.

The appointments have been announced, but not yet made. FTG and I have no mod powers.

It's not a good idea to imply that mods-to-be are responsible for whatever it was that happened to you, and no doubt well deserved, when they had nothing to do with it.

Panzerknacker
11-19-2008, 05:00 PM
A week ago you were unpolitely invited to go, now you are becoming a Mod, what a crazy Forum. :lol:

Congrats to you and Flamethroweguy.

navyson
11-19-2008, 06:10 PM
Herman,

http://www.smilieshq.com/smilies/fighting0079.gif

So, maybe you ought to do this:

http://www.smilieshq.com/smilies/innocent0001.gif.........He-he!

Major Walter Schmidt
11-19-2008, 07:40 PM
Congrats Flame and RS!
Happy modding.:D

:tank:

Nickdfresh
11-21-2008, 05:53 AM
It's official. Congratulations to Rising Sun* and flamethrowerguy on their moddings...

flamethrowerguy
11-21-2008, 07:17 AM
Hi everybody,
thanks for the congrats and your best wishes.
This comes a little later because I have been on a short vacation this week (hell of a way to start a job, isn't it?).
As RS* stated we'll take it slowly and learn our stuff before we got involved in any major action. Especially for me -as a non-native english speaker- there's a long way to go.;)
I hereby want to thank both admin(s) and fellow mods in advance for their guidance and help.
Regards, FTG

Rising Sun*
11-21-2008, 08:10 AM
Hi everybody,
thanks for the congrats and your best wishes.
As RS* stated we'll take it slowly and learn our stuff before we got involved in any major action. Especially for me -as a non-native english speaker- there's a long way to go.;)
I hereby want to thank both admin(s) and fellow mods in advance for their guidance and help.
Regards, FTG

I endorse what flamethrowerguy said.

Except for the part about him having a long way to go with English. His English is at least as good as any reasonably well educated native English speaker.

flamethrowerguy
11-21-2008, 08:17 AM
I endorse what flamethrowerguy said.

Except for the part about him having a long way to go with English. His English is at least as good as any reasonably well educated native English speaker.

Well, thank you; RS*:oops:...
but that's unpossible:mrgreen:

George Eller
11-21-2008, 09:00 AM
-

Welcome aboard guys :)

Enjoy your newly acquired mod powers ;)

-