PDA

View Full Version : Not the State of the Site

Rising Sun*
10-31-2008, 10:42 AM
If there's one thing that pisses off a civil libertarian like me more than censorship, it's people who substitute words for the ones I wrote and leave the new words attributed to me.

If you need to be a censor, do me the favour of at least deleting what I said rather than subsituting your own words for mine and leaving the rest of the world to think that I was so stupid as to use your words.

I will defend what I say, but not what others choose to substitute for what I said.

Rising Sun*
10-31-2008, 10:47 AM
P.S.

I suppose this will be locked after changing the text, just like the thread to which I object and which I cannot change because a mod has chosen to misrepresent what I said and then prevented me responding to the words he substituted for mine by locking the thread after putting his own words over my name.

And who said the Nazis were the only ones to corrupt what people said? :twisted:

pdf27
10-31-2008, 12:46 PM
What are you on about? I'm only aware of one thread being locked today, and I didn't edit your post in that thread at all. Nor, so far as I can tell using my mod superpowers, did anyone else.

aly j
10-31-2008, 04:11 PM
P.S.

I suppose this will be locked after changing the text, just like the thread to which I object and which I cannot change because a mod has chosen to misrepresent what I said and then prevented me responding to the words he substituted for mine by locking the thread after putting his own words over my name.

And who said the Nazis were the only ones to corrupt what people said? :twisted:

Now you know how i feel everyday, when a cirtain mod always locks my threads.
How does it feel to live in my world?

Churchill
10-31-2008, 04:57 PM
Well, you do create tonnes of them. Some others have many posts, and very little threads. You have high post number, and HUGE topic number.

Nickdfresh
10-31-2008, 05:45 PM
If there's one thing that pisses off a civil libertarian like me more than censorship, it's people who substitute words for the ones I wrote and leave the new words attributed to me.

If you need to be a censor, do me the favour of at least deleting what I said rather than subsituting your own words for mine and leaving the rest of the world to think that I was so stupid as to use your words.

I will defend what I say, but not what others choose to substitute for what I said.

For the record, that was me. I apologize for offending you. But my intention, as unexpectedly I was interrupted by work, was to merge all these threads into one super discussion thread where everyone would have input. I didn't mean to censor you. But I guess I was hijacking your thread which was closed anyways. In any case, there seems to be a spastic discussion in about four different threads and a bunch of PMs...

I think what we need are ideas and constructive suggestions, not calling each other out...

Nickdfresh
10-31-2008, 05:46 PM
Now you know how i feel everyday, when a cirtain mod always locks my threads.
How does it feel to live in my world?

You must work hard to diligently misspell at this point...

And as far as your world, aren't you too from the same city?

Firefly
10-31-2008, 07:00 PM
What are you on about? I'm only aware of one thread being locked today, and I didn't edit your post in that thread at all. Nor, so far as I can tell using my mod superpowers, did anyone else.

The Mods we have right now will not edit your posts. If you believe this has happened then PM me and I will get onto it. This has happened in the past and i will not allow it on my watch.

Of course, they will edit a post if it deemed to be outrageous or some other way over the top as to offend,,,,,

pdf27
10-31-2008, 07:07 PM
Of course, they will edit a post if it deemed to be outrageous or some other way over the top as to offend,,,,,
Furthermore, if they do so it will usually have something like <EDITED> in it, and be signed by the mod in question at the bottom of the post with an explanation, frequently accompanied by a PM.

Firefly
10-31-2008, 07:56 PM
I reiterate here.

We have an excellent and very experienced Mod team here. They all have the utmost trust of the chief Mods and site owner and are trusted to carry out their duties.

If anyone has a problem with this valued contribution then they should PM either myself or Gen Sandworm.

aly j
11-01-2008, 12:07 AM
You must work hard to diligently misspell at this point...

And as far as your world, aren't you too from the same city?

I'm shocked hear, you gave me a nice responce WOW.

Yes R/S and ALY J [me] are from the same city- Poor me!

It's not my fault i'm a bad speller- I can't help it, i do try and spell right.

I can't believe you pee off R/S youre best friend, never thought you do that to R/S.

Nickdfresh
11-01-2008, 05:30 AM

It's not my fault i'm a bad speller- I can't help it, i do try and spell right.

It's your fault you can't be bothered to use a spellchecker. And it also seems that you've spelled something correctly and write a half-way literate sentence, only to be followed by a conscientious misspelling of the very same word with a butchered sentence...

Sorry hun', you can drop the act now...

I can't believe you pee off R/S youre best friend, never thought you do that to R/S.

He'll get over it...

Churchill
11-01-2008, 09:51 AM
He'll get over it...

Yes, but when?

This seems to be an open revolt against the feebleness of the mods. There need to be some changes here, this I agree upon, but most things aren't bad as they are presently. The mods should be able to ban IPs, if they make a thread/post in a banning thread giving a viable reason for the banning of said IP address. The mods should also be able to appoint temporary mods when the influx of spam/nonsense/sh*t/f*cktards/etc. becomes to strong. This way the entire board doesn't rely on a few mods with small powers who can only delete posts and threads, and 3 admins that don't show up too often, yet can do what this place needs. Having temp mods during the influx would relieve stress for the mods already here.

pdf27
11-01-2008, 11:13 AM
Having temp mods during the influx would relieve stress for the mods already here.
No, it wouldn't. We'd spend more time keeping an eye on the new mods than we ever would need to do were we to do the work ourselves.

Rising Sun*
11-01-2008, 11:32 AM
No, it wouldn't. We'd spend more time keeping an eye on the new mods than we ever would need to do were we to do the work ourselves.

I'm not sure about that.

I think I've suggested once or more that limited powers could be granted to limited mods who could deal only with clear spammers, like the botox idiot or whatever he's called, but who could not otherwise do any modding.

Rising Sun*
11-01-2008, 12:06 PM
He'll get over it...

That's easy for you to say!

Just because I got over syphilis doesn't mean I can get over everything.

Churchill
11-01-2008, 01:35 PM
I think I've suggested once or more that limited powers could be granted to limited mods who could deal only with clear spammers[etc.].

I agree completely.

aly j
11-01-2008, 05:26 PM
It's your fault you can't be bothered to use a spellchecker. And it also seems that you've spelled something correctly and write a half-way literate sentence, only to be followed by a conscientious misspelling of the very same word with a butchered sentence...

Sorry hun', you can drop the act now...

He'll get over it...

Nickdfreash, i don't know where the spellcheck is.
For the first time in you're life , can you be a gentleman and please tell me where it is please.
I've always been a bad speller, the only reason some of my big words were with correct spelling is because one of my famliy members were walking past at the time and type the right spelling for me.
This is my first PC i owned, so i don't really know anything about pc.

I'M not trying to foul anybody Nickdfreash.

pdf27
11-01-2008, 06:31 PM
Nickdfreash, i don't know where the spellcheck is.
This has been explained before, but anyway...

If you're using Internet Explorer (and I assume you are), download ieSpell from this website (http://www.iespell.com/download.php) and use as per the instructions. In the rather miraculous situation that you're using something better, let us know what it is and we'll give you further instructions.

Nickdfresh
11-01-2008, 06:46 PM
Sorry, but I'm combining responses here since we have a bunch of related threads regarding how things are going here:

Yes, but when?

This seems to be an open revolt against the feebleness of the mods. There need to be some changes here, this I agree upon, but most things aren't bad as they are presently. The mods should be able to ban IPs, if they make a thread/post in a banning thread giving a viable reason for the banning of said IP address. The mods should also be able to appoint temporary mods when the influx of spam/nonsense/sh*t/f*cktards/etc. becomes to strong. This way the entire board doesn't rely on a few mods with small powers who can only delete posts and threads, and 3 admins that don't show up too often, yet can do what this place needs. Having temp mods during the influx would relieve stress for the mods already here.

Well, I am a pretty openly, revolting mod! :D

As someone that has modded other boards, the "pecking order" or chain of command at most sites is as follows, with titles (and powers):

Site Owner (absolute with the 'keys to the site' and can do whatever he wants. Of course! He owns the site.)
V
Webmasters/Administrators (limited keys to the site and the ability to change forums and site 'front' and absolute power over posters' IPs, user IDs, and banning posts deleting threads, etc...)
V
Super/Over Mods (generally can't change the site functions, but can mass "prune" or delete. Usually can ban IPs and any user)
V
Moderators (usually can ban posters, but with accountability and can delete or edit existing threads)
V
Long time Posters (every bit as important as all of the above! Can flag spammers or trolls, are the first line defense and are in some cases defact mods with no official powers)

Not all websites are run this way, because as Billy Joel once sang, "it's a matter of trust."

You either trust your staff or you do not. It's that simple. I was part of the site where the owner (aka "Sarge", who is actually a commissioned United States Army Officer) DIDN'T trust anyone. That was fine because he was a good natural leader, and not just because of his occupation. Really, he was a very universally praised intuitive leader. The problem? Well, he was sent to Iraq and his site languished and became a "rudderless ship" (not my words). There were Webmasters that stopped by, but he long since stopped talking to them until very recently. In any case, the site sort of collapsed. Not because Sarge left so much as the software was dated to 2003, and had never been updated since it was bootleg. The site became untenable and was eventually taken down when it became so slow no one wanted to post there. In anycase, the site is still down and awaits an update, which will probably wipe out everything posted previously, if it ever happens.

I like Rising Sun, always around, some good posts. negatives for this is he has been infracted.

As its an English speaking board they have to have the rudimentaries of English.

PDF, I will sound out Egorka. Good choice there and I like his style.

He's (Rising Sun*) turned it down more times than asked! I think Egorka would make a fine Mod as well, but apparently the pay plan and retirement aren't good enough to lure these guys in. :D

In any case, I'm not sure the amount of traffic necessitates a "new mod." What we need is to give the old Mods new power.

ABSOLUTE.....POWER!
http://www.blueharvest.net/images/closeups/emperor.jpg

Just kidding! I'm not on a power trip. It's just that when, for instance, one is being spammed by a presumably "live spammer" from China, and this user ID has been banned three times by three separate Mods, it gets a tad gauling. It just seems that in the absence of day-to-day direction for this site, than someone needs to, as I learned in the Army, "delegate authority," and decide if he wants the site to degenerate into a spam-friendly, place where the ignorant post freely about their cunning and skill at mission four in the Call of Duty game series. Or whether we should keep on with our pretentious little belief that this is a serious history site that grants the PRIVILEGE to post to those that have earned it by not being obnoxious attention whores, but by a genuine interest in WWII and related matters --an perhaps more importantly-- actually have an interest in the subject that forces them to actually research what they are talking about rather than just posting crap threads...

Rising Sun*
11-02-2008, 05:11 AM
the only reason some of my big words were with correct spelling is because one of my famliy members were walking past at the time and type the right spelling for me.

Then why didn't they correct the simple words as well?

Or is there a genetic defect in your family that allows them to spell difficult words correctly, but not simple ones, just like you? :rolleyes:

Rising Sun*
11-02-2008, 05:16 AM
In any case, I'm not sure the amount of traffic necessitates a "new mod." What we need is to give the old Mods new power.

Exactly, with the possible exception of my suggestion elsewhere about extra mods with powers limited to deleting spam.

The way the site is going lately, if it appoints more mods we'll have more mods than active useful members.

pdf27
11-02-2008, 05:28 AM
Or is there a genetic defect in your family that allows them to spell difficult words correctly, but not simple ones, just like you? :rolleyes:
<NOWAH>No, it's just her idea of a pulling technique. She pretends to be dumb when there are men around to impress them.</NOWAH>

Rising Sun*
11-02-2008, 05:32 AM
<NOWAH>No, it's just her idea of a pulling technique. She pretends to be dumb when there are men around to impress them.</NOWAH>

You mean, she's intentionally dumbing herself down just to make us think we're smart?

Would a grown woman really do that just to pull a bloke. :shock:

pdf27
11-02-2008, 07:46 AM
You mean, she's intentionally dumbing herself down just to make us think we're smart?

This is what she claims, and it does fit with the fact that her spelling mistakes are inconsistent with each other.

Rising Sun*
11-02-2008, 07:50 AM
This is what she claims, and it does fit with the fact that her spelling mistakes are inconsistent with each other.

So, who's she trying to pull?

You, me, or Nick?

I reckon if you go back through her posts it'll be pretty clear she's got the hots for George, because he's the nice one.

Lucky George! :mrgreen:

aly j
11-02-2008, 06:19 PM
Then why didn't they correct the simple words as well?

They didn't correct the simple words cause they are only passing by, not actually sitting next to me.
There actually way smarter than i am.

aly j
11-02-2008, 06:23 PM

I don't do that to guys, thats discusting. Anyway i'm to shy do go that far with a guy, to pull on there privates.

Major Walter Schmidt
11-02-2008, 06:32 PM
You be with a Black Guy and Yo wish you have more,|You dig!

PLEASE STOP SPAMMING... If you dont ave anything relevant, please, STFU...
http://knowledgeconstructs.com/wp-content/gallery/general/nice_big_cup_of_stfu.jpg

aly j
11-02-2008, 06:38 PM

I don't even mean those spelling mistakes.
You guys got me all wrong.

aly j
11-02-2008, 06:47 PM
So, who's she trying to pull?

You, me, or Nick?

I reckon if you go back through her posts it'll be pretty clear she's got the hots for George, because he's the nice one.

Lucky George! :mrgreen:

Well since you brought it up.

I've only spoken to George once on these posts, and yes he's a gentleman.

Geez ,R/S you got it wrong again.

George is a nice bloke, but it's not him.

Churchill
11-02-2008, 06:56 PM
PLEASE STOP SPAMMING... If you don't have anything relevant, please, STFU...
http://knowledgeconstructs.com/wp-content/gallery/general/nice_big_cup_of_stfu.jpg

That has to be one of my favorite pictures EVAR!!!

EDIT: Oh yeah, Aly J! Get FireFox! Now! It has a BUILT IN SPELLCHECKER. Your posts give me headaches because of the bad grammar.(BUBBAA's too, and I'M NOT RACIST/SEXIST!!!)

Major Walter Schmidt
11-02-2008, 06:56 PM
Me too.

Major Walter Schmidt
11-02-2008, 07:04 PM
http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10063/STFU-Whiteboy.jpg

Major Walter Schmidt
11-02-2008, 07:08 PM
Um.. by the way, whats a cracker?

navyson
11-02-2008, 07:13 PM
Um.. by the way, whats a cracker?
That's black slang for white people.

Churchill
11-02-2008, 07:13 PM
Negro slang for "White person".

Edit: Darn you NavySon!!! Posting that half a second before I do!!! :lol:

Major Walter Schmidt
11-02-2008, 07:14 PM
But I'm asian....ToT

navyson
11-02-2008, 07:17 PM
But I'm asian....ToT
Don't know what black people in US call Asians........:neutral:, ask and maybe we'll find out.;)

Churchill
11-02-2008, 07:30 PM
I think it maybe along the lines of "Chink" or "Gook".

^Thanks Wikipedia...

pdf27
11-03-2008, 01:32 AM
I don't do that to guys, thats discusting. Anyway i'm to shy do go that far with a guy, to pull on there privates.
Uh... Pull = UK slang for "attract"

Rising Sun*
11-03-2008, 04:32 AM

How about NCOs or, better still, officers?

Rising Sun*
11-03-2008, 04:34 AM

It's widely understood UK usage here too, as in "to pull a bird", but not used much in speech.

aly j
11-03-2008, 07:39 PM

Oh ok,Sorry. I didn't understand what pull meant in you're terms.

aly j
11-03-2008, 07:47 PM
[QUOTE=Rising Sun*;140504]How about NCOs or, better still, officers?[/QUOTE

Oh yeah, those guys, I love there unifroms!.

pdf27
11-04-2008, 06:26 PM
Just an update for those who were getting frazzled: Nick, George and I have just had our mod powers radically increased. Be afraid, be very afraid >:)

navyson
11-04-2008, 06:28 PM
Just an update for those who were getting frazzled: Nick, George and I have just had our mod powers radically increased. Be afraid, be very afraid >:)
Thank God.....Err.......Procyon:mrgreen:

Churchill
11-04-2008, 06:58 PM
Be afraid, be very afraid :twisted:

I am. Always.

Procyon
11-05-2008, 10:37 AM

:shock:

lol

Panzerknacker
11-05-2008, 03:09 PM
Just an update for those who were getting frazzled: Nick, George and I have just had our mod powers radically increased. Be afraid, be very afraid >

That is good but the question that remain unanswered if that you all know how to use it. :rolleyes:

pdf27
11-05-2008, 03:23 PM
That is good but the question that remain unanswered if that you all know how to use it. :rolleyes:
Want to start trouble to find out? :twisted:

Panzerknacker
11-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Bring it on.

Nickdfresh
11-05-2008, 09:07 PM
Bring it on.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h256/elcoyotemuerto/bring_it_on.jpg

Oh, we broughten it, yo!

Procyon
11-06-2008, 12:17 AM
Hey,Does anybody know why-

How come Procyon, never posts on his own site much?

Look at his posts only 22.

Does Procyon have a list of all the members on his site?

I was just woundering thats all.

I love WW2, but don't know much about it. That pretty much sums it up. Why do I need a list of all members?

Proc

pdf27
11-06-2008, 01:52 AM
No need for Procyon to have it - the list of members is publically avaliable! See the link third from left in the blue bar at the top of this page ;)

herman2
11-06-2008, 08:07 AM
The only member we need to know is PDF, cause he is the Best! Procyn should be giving you a Mod Allowance. you Deserve it!:)

herman2
11-06-2008, 11:55 AM

I have been afraid of you since Day-1. Some days I can't even sleep cause I am so afraid. the other day i awoke in the middle of the night yelling PDF No No!......thats how scared I am. :army:

Procyon
11-06-2008, 09:39 PM
hmmm what happened to aly j's reply?

Churchill
11-06-2008, 10:11 PM
I wonder what...:rolleyes:

Nickdfresh
11-07-2008, 08:30 AM
I have been afraid of you since Day-1. Some days I can't even sleep cause I am so afraid. the other day i awoke in the middle of the night yelling PDF No No!......thats how scared I am. :army:

He's the rational one - You should really be more afraid of me..

herman2
11-07-2008, 08:54 AM
He's the rational one - You should really be more afraid of me..

Ok, I'm afraid of you too, if it makes you feel better. Anyways, I hope we can still be friends.
P.S> cool Avtar or whatever you call it..it looks real cool!!

Rising Sun*
11-07-2008, 08:54 AM
hmmm what happened to aly j's reply?

Who cares?

Its absence contributes as much to the site as its presence, like almost all of aly j's trolling posts.

herman2
11-07-2008, 08:59 AM
RS, I heard on the news that this wallaby escaped from one of the private zoo's near Toronto, and they are offering a $1000 reward for its capture. They are afraid the cold will kill it as it's 5 degrees now.. Poor Wallaby (however its spelt). Australia always makes the news over here!...(Although I am still sceptical on your Gonnareah fish (or however its spelt) that supposedly exists in the Highlands…..:rolleyes:

Nickdfresh
11-07-2008, 09:05 AM
Who cares?

Its absence contributes as much to the site as its presence, like almost all of aly j's trolling posts.

Or as we say, addition by subtraction. And it's the truth!

And for the record, I was blitzed out of my skull last night, saw Aly making her typical "how do I log onto the internet?/how do i put stuf in moi signature?/how do I make an avatar?" questions, became very irate, and deleted a page worth of her latest posts...

Sorry, but there it is. She's horrible, and probably doing it intentionally to hijack the site with bad posting...

Nickdfresh
11-07-2008, 09:08 AM
Ok, I'm afraid of you too, if it makes you feel better. Anyways, I hope we can still be friends.
P.S> cool Avtar or whatever you call it..it looks real cool!!

It's Sergeant Rock...

Rising Sun*
11-07-2008, 09:21 AM
And for the record, I was blitzed out of my skull last night, saw Aly making her typical "how do I log onto the internet?/how do i put stuf in moi signature?/how do I make an avatar?" questions, became very irate, and deleted a page worth of her latest posts...

That is most unsatisfactory behaviour by a mod.

If you were any good at your job, you would have deleted every post she ever made, and then deleted her.

Still, you were blitzed, so you can be forgiven for not finishing what you started. ;)

Rising Sun*
11-07-2008, 09:28 AM
RS, I heard on the news that this wallaby escaped from one of the private zoo's near Toronto, and they are offering a $1000 reward for its capture.

Dunno why.

I used the shoot them for the cost of a bullet. For a grand, I could have freed large parts of the land from them.

(Although I am still sceptical on your Gonnareah fish (or however its spelt) that supposedly exists in the Highlands…..:rolleyes:

If you get a dose of the clap, highland or lowland variety, you'll know how hard it is to get rid of it.

It's easier to shoot wallabies. And that is a permanent treatment for that affliction.

Panzerknacker
11-07-2008, 02:10 PM
That is most unsatisfactory behaviour by a mod.

If you were any good at your job, you would have deleted every post she ever made, and then deleted her.

Still, you were blitzed, so you can be forgiven for not finishing what you started

Hehe, I would do exactly that. Man what is wrong with you ?...we are agreeing to much lately , this cant be good....or maybe is, I dont know :D