PDA

View Full Version : Honours

32Bravo
10-09-2008, 11:05 AM
Does your country have an equivalent honours system to that of the British?

The genius . . . springs from every class
and from every part of the land.
You cannot tell where you will not find a wonder.
The hero, the fighter, the poet,
the master of science, the organiser,
the engineer, the administrator, or the jurist - he may spring into fame.
Equal opportunity for free institution and equal laws.

Winston Churchill

http://www.churchill-society-london.org.uk/HnrSystm.html

http://www.medals.org.uk/united-kingdom/united-kingdom024.htm

aly j
10-09-2008, 11:11 PM
Does your country have an equivalent honours system to that of the British?

http://www.churchill-society-london.org.uk/HnrSystm.html

http://www.medals.org.uk/united-kingdom/united-kingdom024.htm

Heres what we say in Australia.
Comon Ausssie comon comon, comon Aussie comon.
Way different to you Britts.;)

32Bravo
10-10-2008, 03:30 AM
Heres what we say in Australia.
Comon Ausssie comon comon, comon Aussie comon.
Way different to you Britts.;)

That's a fallacy!

Aussie prowess and pride at cricket puts the lie to it.

Amrit
10-10-2008, 05:28 AM
Interesting Churchill quote 32B considering the fact that during his lifetime awards and honours were not egalitarian...far from it. For example gallantry awards, except the VC, were distinguished by being seperate for Officers and men - crosses for officers, medals for men, like the DFC/DFM, the MC/MM etc. There was no direct equivalent to the DSO in the RAF until the CGM was created.

As for MBEs, OBEs etc, it was very rare if an enlisted man received one, no matter what their achievements. On the other hand the BEM was solely for enlisted men.

It was only the 1990s that the distinction between awards for officers and enlisted men/women was removed.

As for civil honours, one should ask if other countries also have a system of buying honours? It isn't just the recent "cash for honours" scandel that comes to mind. Lloyd George's government was brought down, in part, by a similar scandel in the 1920s.

32Bravo
10-10-2008, 06:47 AM
As for civil honours, one should ask if other countries also have a system of buying honours? It isn't just the recent "cash for honours" scandel that comes to mind. Lloyd George's government was brought down, in part, by a similar scandel in the 1920s.

I'll let you ask...but I suspect that in the most part the answer will be yes. :)

Yes, i caught an episode of 'Who Do You Think You Are?' in which Jodie Kidd, model and granddaughter of Lord Beaverbrook was featured tracing her ancestry.

Her Great-grandfather had been a Tyneside shipbuilder and a friend of his approached Churchill, then a member of Lloyd-George's cabinet, with a request for his friend to be made a Baronet, and offering a cash donation to the party of £5000's. Churchill sent him packing and wrote to Lloyd George warning of being approached. A year, or so, later Lloyd George was approached and said shipbuilder recieved his Baronecy for the aforementioned sum. Beaverbrook was unrelated to this chap, whose name escapes me.

However, I can asure you that when I receive my award, it will not have been purchased :), and the same applies to many worthy recipients.

Rising Sun*
10-10-2008, 07:39 AM
As for civil honours, one should ask if other countries also have a system of buying honours?

I am shocked by the question that there could be any correlation between the size and frequency of donations to a political party here and the award of a civil honour to the donor, or more often the CEO or chairman of the donor company whose shareholders (used to being ripped off by the board and management) actually funded the payments, when the recipient party is in government.

What shocks me is the offensive imputation that our politicians aren't as good as any other country's in being as hypocritical and corrupt as the best in the world. ;) :D

pdf27
10-10-2008, 07:42 AM
Interesting Churchill quote 32B considering the fact that during his lifetime awards and honours were not egalitarian...far from it. For example gallantry awards, except the VC, were distinguished by being seperate for Officers and men - crosses for officers, medals for men, like the DFC/DFM, the MC/MM etc.
To be fair, there was a good reason for the distinction between the two - the MM for instance was awarded for showing a particular level of courage. The MC was awarded for showing very high levels of leadership IN ADDITION TO the same levels of courage - officers after all being expected to lead their men. Given that particular distinction, a different medal does seem appropriate.

32Bravo
10-10-2008, 08:15 AM
The Military Cross is awarded to commissioned and warrant officers for distinguished and meritorious service in battle. For additional acts of bravery, a straight silver bar was awarded. During the First World War 2,885 of these medals were awarded to British officers.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/MEDmc.htm

The Military Medal was (until 1993) a military decoration awarded to personnel of the British Army and other services, and formerly also to personnel of other Commonwealth countries, below commissioned rank, for bravery in battle on land.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_Medal

aly j
10-10-2008, 08:22 AM
That's a fallacy!

Aussie prowess and pride at cricket puts the lie to it.

YES Bravo youre right, but when youre country is so young and didt have a famous leader like britain did,i didt have much do go bye.

herman2
10-10-2008, 08:43 AM
Hey Aly J (aka) Duddette, I found this in Wiki...it relates to your motherland!!about medals...
The Victoria Cross for Australia is the highest award in the Australian Honours System, superseding the Victoria Cross for issue to Australians. It was created by letters patent signed by Queen Elizabeth II on 15 January 1991. As of July 2008, no awards of the Victoria Cross for Australia have been made; the last Victoria Cross awarded to an Australian was to Warrant Officer Keith Payne for gallantry on 24 May 1969 during the Vietnam War.

The Victoria Cross for Australia is the "decoration for according recognition to persons who in the presence of the enemy, perform acts of the most conspicuous gallantry, or daring or pre-eminent acts of valour or self-sacrifice or display extreme devotion to duty."[2] As the highest Australian award it is listed first on the Australian Order of Wear with precedence in Australia over all orders, decorations and medals
....can you believe it!!..the last issuance of this medal was in 1969!!!..thats pretty cool eh!

aly j
10-10-2008, 08:47 AM
Hey Aly J (aka) Duddette, I found this in Wiki...it relates to your motherland!!about medals...
The Victoria Cross for Australia is the highest award in the Australian Honours System, superseding the Victoria Cross for issue to Australians. It was created by letters patent signed by Queen Elizabeth II on 15 January 1991. As of July 2008, no awards of the Victoria Cross for Australia have been made; the last Victoria Cross awarded to an Australian was to Warrant Officer Keith Payne for gallantry on 24 May 1969 during the Vietnam War.

The Victoria Cross for Australia is the "decoration for according recognition to persons who in the presence of the enemy, perform acts of the most conspicuous gallantry, or daring or pre-eminent acts of valour or self-sacrifice or display extreme devotion to duty."[2] As the highest Australian award it is listed first on the Australian Order of Wear with precedence in Australia over all orders, decorations and medals
....can you believe it!!..the last issuance of this medal was in 1969!!!..thats pretty cool eh!
Hey Herman 2- I thought australia only had british medals since where a commonwealth country. Well there you go, we do have some medals.
Thanx for the info, cheers, why cant the others be more like you.

32Bravo
10-10-2008, 08:55 AM
YES Bravo youre right, but when youre country is so young and didt have a famous leader like britain did,i didt have much do go bye.

In English, please.

Rising Sun*
10-10-2008, 09:03 AM
To be fair, there was a good reason for the distinction between the two - the MM for instance was awarded for showing a particular level of courage. The MC was awarded for showing very high levels of leadership IN ADDITION TO the same levels of courage - officers after all being expected to lead their men. Given that particular distinction, a different medal does seem appropriate.

Perhaps, but some of us of a bolshie outlook (like me ;) ) might see aspects of it as representative of a class system which to a fair extent in WWI and to a lesser extent in WWII divided officers and OR's along class lines and had two grades of awards for the higher and lower members of British society.

The DSO, which in WWI included awards to officers who served in staff positions rather than earning their awards under fire, had no equivalent for ORs, no matter how long or meritorious their service.

This sort of class division with awards wasn't unique to Britain in either world war. A more pernicious form of it took place in many armies, such as the Australian army in WWII where officers were happily posted to forward areas or forward units AFTER actions or campaigns for several months to enable them to obtain significant taxation and other benefits, yet they were magically returned to rear areas before the next campaign or action. The Americans elevated this to the level of a science in Vietnam with officers being similarly posted to units with little risk of serious action to enable them to obtain combat or other badges, awards or service time aiding promotion, so that there were complaints about tourist officers plonking into a unit for a few weeks or months and then disappearing without contributing anything useful.

aly j
10-10-2008, 09:03 AM
In English, please.

Hey Bravo, i meant that Australia was to young of a country to have honours, and i also thought we just have British medals cause Australia is a commonwealth country, but hermans already gave me the answer. Cheers

Rising Sun*
10-10-2008, 09:04 AM
In English, please.

Don't hold your breath. ;)

32Bravo
10-10-2008, 09:15 AM
Former Defense Secretary Caspar W. Weinberger has been awarded an honorary knighthood in recognition of his ''outstanding and invaluable'' contribution to military cooperation between Britain and the United States, the Foreign Office said today.

Former Defense Secretary Caspar W. Weinberger has been awarded an honorary knighthood in recognition of his ''outstanding and invaluable'' contribution to military cooperation between Britain and the United States, the Foreign Office said today.

Mr. Weinberger, 70 years old, will be the 56th American to receive an honorary knighthood when he attends a Buckingham Palace ceremony Feb. 22 or 23, a palace spokeswoman said.

''It was a great surprise and a great honor,'' Mr. Weinberger said in Washington. ''I'm very flattered. I had no idea such a thing was being considered until a few days ago.''

Asked if he was ready to be called ''Sir Cap,'' Mr. Weinberger replied: ''Good God, no. But I really am flattered.''

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=940DE5DE1531F931A35751C0A96E9482 60

32Bravo
10-10-2008, 09:17 AM
don't hold your breath. ;)

lol :d

aly j
10-10-2008, 09:17 AM
Don't hold your breath. ;)

HaHaHA- dam you can be funnie.

32Bravo
10-10-2008, 09:25 AM
RS has an amusing leak?

aly j
10-10-2008, 09:28 AM
RS has an amusing leak?

What does amusing leak mean?:confused:

aly j
10-10-2008, 09:31 AM
What does amusing leak mean?:confused:

I think i know what it means - he can make people laugh very rarley.

Rising Sun*
10-10-2008, 09:32 AM

Mr. Weinberger, 70 years old, will be the 56th American to receive an honorary knighthood when he attends a Buckingham Palace ceremony Feb. 22 or 23, a palace spokeswoman said.

''It was a great surprise and a great honor,'' Mr. Weinberger said in Washington. ''I'm very flattered. I had no idea such a thing was being considered until a few days ago.''

Asked if he was ready to be called ''Sir Cap,'' Mr. Weinberger replied: ''Good God, no. But I really am flattered.''

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=940DE5DE1531F931A35751C0A96E9482 60

Ain't it funny how the wealthy Republican (and to a marginally lesser, or possibly marginally greater, extent Democratic) Yanks fawn over British knights, and can't get the titles correct?

It's fun to see some bejewelled anorexic old Washington hag attaching Sir to the surname, and genuflecting instead of curtseying because she thinks she's in the presence of royalty because the title holder got his gong for some noble effort like cornering the export market in toilet brushes when the pound was struggling. :D

Rising Sun*
10-10-2008, 09:33 AM
RS has an amusing leak?

Mate, it's a pisser. :D

32Bravo
10-10-2008, 09:46 AM
Mate, it's a pisser. :D

Meaning I'd piss myself lauhging if I saw your funny? :D

Rising Sun*
10-10-2008, 09:48 AM

Possibly, but I'm only basing that on my wife's reaction. ;)

aly j
10-10-2008, 09:50 AM

Lucky that funny u wast an a, i would been balling my eyes out now.hehehe

Rising Sun*
10-10-2008, 09:54 AM
... i would been balling my eyes out now

We'd all like to be balling our eyes out, but I think this graphically demonstrates the problem with phonetic and other forms of expression which are depriving English of sense and meaning.

32Bravo
10-10-2008, 09:57 AM
Lucky that funny u wast an a, i would been balling my eyes out now.hehehe

Bloody hell!...I hope this isn't contageous. :(

aly j
10-10-2008, 09:58 AM
We'd all like to be balling our eyes out, but I think this graphically demonstrates the problem with phonetic and other forms of expression which are depriving English of sense and meaning.

Balling i meant by cracking up laughing, sorry but im not educated like you are.
Please tell me ,are you a defence lawyer?

Rising Sun*
10-10-2008, 10:02 AM
Bloody hell!...I hope this isn't contageous. :(

Only in da balls, eye! . ;)

32Bravo
10-10-2008, 10:05 AM
Balling i meant by cracking up laughing, sorry but im not educated like you are.
Please tell me ,are you a defence lawyer?

RS, this has to be a result of Sheep shearing. :(

aly j
10-10-2008, 10:08 AM

Didt youse two get my joke,or arnt you up with my generation.:D

Rising Sun*
10-10-2008, 10:13 AM

I hadn't thought of ali j as a sheep, but it does present a rather attractive image of comforting and embracing wool with nurturing baa-baas.

I think it's a bit early in the relationship to start shearing her wool.

It's not like we're in Brazil. ;) :D

aly j
10-10-2008, 10:19 AM
I hadn't thought of ali j as a sheep, but it does present a rather attractive image of comforting and embracing wool with nurturing baa-baas.

I think it's a bit early in the relationship to start shearing her wool.

It's not like we're in Brazil. ;) :D

I actually like this relationship better than the other one we had.
In summer shearing would be ok hehehehe.
Geez thats the first time you been nice to me:cool:

32Bravo
10-10-2008, 10:24 AM
Geez thats the first time you been nice to me:cool:

Sounds like a call for the Flying-doctor is overdue, RS. :D

Rising Sun*
10-10-2008, 10:38 AM
Sounds like a call for the Flying-doctor is overdue, RS. :D

Nah, just a bit of crutching to get rid of the dags to stop the flystrike.

If that doesn't work, we'll have to mules her. :D

(In case this is a bit esoteric for those not up with sheep husbandry, http://fw.farmonline.com.au/news/state/livestock/news/mulesings-end-could-be-costly/26460.aspx )

32Bravo
10-10-2008, 11:06 AM

Are you saying she's a sheep tic? :(

32Bravo
10-10-2008, 11:07 AM

That’s the theory.

However, the reality can be somewhat different.

Quite often, experienced platoon sergeants have led their platoon on a successful operation, while the younger, inexperienced, platoon commander has contributed absolutely nothing to the mission, on any level ( a mere passenger), yet the platoon commander has received an MC on the back of the Sergeant, simply for being the officer present, because that was the way things worked.

Even the most junior of NCO’s are expected to display: leadership, initiative, tactical awareness and flexibility, and courage in the face of the enemy. Yet, for all of that they would have received a MM as opposed to a MC when honours were awarded. This is one of the main reasons for the changes that have been made to the system of gallantry awards.

herman2
10-10-2008, 11:08 AM

(In case this is a bit esoteric for those not up with sheep husbandry, http://fw.farmonline.com.au/news/state/livestock/news/mulesings-end-could-be-costly/26460.aspx )

I actually looked up what you said and was amazed what it meant!
Translation:
Crutching: Done by the shearer, main reason is to remove the manure dags. Helps to prevent flystrike (blowfly maggots).
Dags: Clumps of dried sheep manure in matted wool hanging on to the rear end of a sheep. Tailing and crutching helps with flystrike prevention. Green dags are those that are still soft or moist. Sometimes farmers take a pair of hand shears and does some dagging in the paddock. A wool buyer comes around to the farm and buys the dags. There are sent to a factory to be crushed. Dags rattle when a sheep runs.

pdf27
10-10-2008, 11:18 AM
This sort of class division with awards wasn't unique to Britain in either world war. A more pernicious form of it took place in many armies, such as the Australian army in WWII where officers were happily posted to forward areas or forward units AFTER actions or campaigns for several months to enable them to obtain significant taxation and other benefits, yet they were magically returned to rear areas before the next campaign or action. The Americans elevated this to the level of a science in Vietnam with officers being similarly posted to units with little risk of serious action to enable them to obtain combat or other badges, awards or service time aiding promotion, so that there were complaints about tourist officers plonking into a unit for a few weeks or months and then disappearing without contributing anything useful.
One substantive difference - in the British Army in WW1, Officers always led from the front. Accordingly, they suffered truly horrendous casualties - worse than any other group.

32Bravo
10-10-2008, 12:36 PM
That's, statistically, true of the British Army, but there were fewer of them, naturally.

But, while they were up front, there were a lot of soldiers up front also, and they too were falling in their droves.

I think that the real perspective on platoon commanders leading from the front, in trench warfare, was in the instance of patrolling, as they led most of the recce and fighting patrols.

For anyone who might be interested in this topic I would recommend:

Journey's End, the the seventh and most famous play by R. C. Sherriff.

(I recently saw Aces High on some movie channel or other, and, in my opinion, is so obviously it so inspired by Journeys End

http://www.lovefilm.com/product/21978-Aces-High.html )

and

Regeneration by Pat Barker

In the novel, there is a whole list of characters who have really existed.

* Several characters like Siegfried Sassoon, Wilfried Owen and Robert Graves were both poets and soldiers during the war.
* The two psychiatrists also existed : Rivers had very modern Freudian views and Yealland did apply his own methods as it is described in the novel.
* Pacifists like Lady Morrel and Bertrand Russel are real people. Important to note that pacifism was strictly forbidden at the time.

Thus, this novel is a mixture of real people and characters : Burns, for instance, is a total invention.

The Film

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120001/

The novel

http://www.skyminds.net/english-literature/introduction-to-regeneration-by-pat-barker/

As coincidence as it, the beach scene on the link, is that of Pigeon Point, Tobago, a much loved watering hole of mine - Don't ask me why it's there. :)

http://www.adventure-ecovillas.com/pigeon_point.htm

aly j
10-10-2008, 08:10 PM

What does a mule her mean?

32Bravo
10-11-2008, 04:04 AM
Didt youse two get my joke,or arnt you up with my generation.:D

There was a joke in there?

I can't keep up with your literacy skills, I rather hope it has nothing to do with your generation. :(

Rising Sun*
10-11-2008, 06:46 AM
What does a mule her mean?

Something rather different to mulesing her, but if it turns you on then go for the mule. :D

No mules are involved in mulesing, which is described here http://www.peta.org/MC/factsheet_display.asp?ID=55 and is the only factual statement about sheep in Australia that these hysterical and woefully misinformed, or simply lying, idiots got right in their campaign to stop mulesing. Clearly not written by people who have ever seen sheep dying of flystrike. Probably also not people like me who love a nice spring lamb roast. Yummmm!

32Bravo
10-11-2008, 07:04 AM
Up until now, this was about the limit of my knowledge of Australian sheep farming:

In the Australian Outback, the Carmody family--Paddy, Ida and their teenage son Sean--are sheep drovers, always on the move. Ida and Sean want to settle down and buy a farm. Paddy wants to keep moving. A sheep-shearing contest, the birth of a child, drinking, gambling and a race horse will all have a part in the final decision.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054353/

Rising Sun*
10-11-2008, 07:15 AM
Up until now, this was about the limit of my knowledge of Australian sheep farming:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054353/

They were drovers, not farmers.

Sheep and cattle droving has largely disappeared compared with what it was even forty years ago when I worked around the bush, but it's still around and used particularly to find fodder on public roads for stock from drought stricken farms. http://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2008/s2348344.htm

Rising Sun*
10-11-2008, 07:27 AM
And here's a link to pull together drovers, honours, and WWII to deal with those pedantic people who, quite erroneously, think you and I have a tendency to wander off topic on our own little frolics. ;) :D http://www.abc.net.au/talkingheads/txt/s1658163.htm

32Bravo
10-11-2008, 07:28 AM
but it's still around and used particularly to find fodder on public roads for stock from drought stricken farms. http://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2008/s2348344.htm

I'm a little dense this morning after the night before. Are you saying that the droving is done along public roads in the search for fodder? :confused:

Sad that something that is seen as having such strong traditional and cultural ties has to disappear. :(

Rising Sun*
10-11-2008, 07:58 AM
I'm a little dense this morning after the night before.

I'm a little dense tonight, working hard on the morning after. ;)

Are you saying that the droving is done along public roads in the search for fodder?

Yep, along prescribed stock routes. Don't know about nowadays, but when I was a sprog even without a stock route map they could be identified by the fences being set well back (measured in chains from memory, but I can't remember how many) from the road to allow the stock to graze as they moved through.

The fodder search instead of driving to market or another property might be the most common long term practice nowadays as stock obviously can be transported to market much more efficiently by road transport. Some people have been on the road for a year or more in tough times in recent decades to keep their stock alive, but this use of what were meant to be transport routes can lead to conflict with farmers along the way.
http://www.abc.net.au/landline/content/2006/s1848241.htm

Sad that something that is seen as having such strong traditional and cultural ties has to disappear. :(

No sadder than the disappearance of other aspects of a bygone age in any country. The cultural ties are pretty slim for most Australians' image of themselves based on rural stereotypes rather than the reality that the vast bulk of us live in cities and have no experience of rural life.

32Bravo
10-11-2008, 08:28 AM
No sadder than the disappearance of other aspects of a bygone age in any country. The cultural ties are pretty slim for most Australians' image of themselves based on rural stereotypes rather than the reality that the vast bulk of us live in cities and have no experience of rural life.

Sure, but I was raised on images of 'The Flying Doctor' and 'Whiplash'. Now you've taken those images away from me, I'm not sure I want to visit OZ, any more. :(
http://www.classicaustraliantv.com/whiplash.htm

Well, actually, I have friends in Perth so I might just get down there as I rather like the pictures they show me, particularly those of the trail walks.

Rising Sun*
10-11-2008, 08:42 AM
Sure, but I was raised on images of 'The Flying Doctor' and 'Whiplash'. Now you've taken those images away from me, I'm not sure I want to visit OZ, any more. :(
http://www.classicaustraliantv.com/whiplash.htm

Until now, I'd forgotten that that outstanding piece of crap called Whiplash had ever been made.

And I wish I hadn't been reminded of it. :D

As usual for that era, and as exemplified by The Sundowners, if it didn't have a Yank in a lead role it didn't get made.

Nothing changed in later years, as exemplified by things like Meryl Streep and her laughable 'A dingo's got my baby'.

32Bravo
10-11-2008, 01:19 PM
I was tempted to make mention of the American stars of Whiplash and The Sundowners, but hadn't wanted to upset your evening. :) It seems my restraint was in vain. :(

I seem to remember a WW1 series The Anzacs, which starred Paul Hogan and Tony Bonner, amongst others. I don't think there was an American sight.

http://www.learmedia.ca/product_info.php/products_id/958

But, of course, my all time favourite has to be The Sullivans. :)

http://www.classicaussiesoaps.com/thesullivans.htm

aly j
10-11-2008, 07:17 PM
There was a joke in there?

I can't keep up with your literacy skills, I rather hope it has nothing to do with your generation. :(

oh ok.....I cant keep up on youre so educated laungage of youres.

32Bravo
10-12-2008, 03:42 AM
oh ok.....I cant keep up on youre so educated laungage of youres.

It isn't the language of the educated, just simple spoken English.

However, you are improving. I actually recognized the sarcasm in your post - keep it up. ;)

aly j
10-12-2008, 04:30 AM
It isn't the language of the educated, just simple spoken English.

However, you are improving. I actually recognized the sarcasm in your post - keep it up. ;)

Oh well thank you 32 Bravo, you just put a smile to my face:D

32Bravo
10-12-2008, 05:59 AM
Oh well thank you 32 Bravo, you just put a smile to my face:D

Ah, there's many a woman can boast of that. ;)

aly j
10-12-2008, 09:24 PM

Women do what? Boast, dont think ive ever done or tryed that before.
Dont think i ever heard of it before either.
Germany have Honours like Britain do?
Cheers

32Bravo
10-13-2008, 04:48 AM
Women do what? Boast, dont think ive ever done or tryed that before.
Dont think i ever heard of it before either.

What a sheltered life you've lived, sweetpeas. :D

Germany have Honours like Britain do?
Cheers

Don'tknow - do they?

Rising Sun*
10-13-2008, 05:14 AM

Might you be confusing a satisfied smile with outright laughter? :D

32Bravo
10-13-2008, 05:31 AM
Might you be confusing a satisfied smile with outright laughter? :D

Well, yes, but I didn't want to be seen as being too boastful, it might damage my credibility.

However, as you ask, I do make them extremely happy and laughter is an outward sing of inner bliss. ;)

Rising Sun*
10-13-2008, 07:20 AM
laughter is an outward sing of inner bliss. ;)

True.

When I'm inner, it's bliss.

Although, somewhat perplexingly, it's the most fun I can have without laughing. :D

aly j
10-13-2008, 11:18 AM
True.

Although, somewhat perplexingly, it's the most fun I can have without laughing. :D

Hey Rising Sun, may i suggest some thing to you.
I know youre very educated, but when youre on this forum, you dont need too speak like youre in the court room,some times i have no idea what you are on about. I want to know what you are talking about cause im a sticky beak.
Does boast mean laughter. Truce

32Bravo
10-13-2008, 12:18 PM
True.

For whom? :)

Fun, as in recreational pleasure, for you - and hysterical laughter, for her? :)

32Bravo
10-13-2008, 12:24 PM
Hey Rising Sun, may i suggest some thing to you.
I know youre very educated, but when youre on this forum, you dont need too speak like youre in the court room,some times i have no idea what you are on about. I want to know what you are talking about cause im a sticky beak.
Does boast mean laughter. Truce

When RS boasts one cannot help but laugh. :)

RS is speaking in standard English, and not the language of the courtroom.

Now I know this might sound absurd, but, perhaps, you could learn something from him. :D

aly j
10-13-2008, 12:32 PM
Hey Bravo32, Please explain Boast for me will you please.
You mean i should get RS as a teacher,that will cause ww3 wouldet it.

aly j
10-13-2008, 12:33 PM
For whom? :)

Fun, as in recreational pleasure, for you - and hysterical laughter, for her? :)

Does her mean me?

32Bravo
10-13-2008, 12:41 PM
Does her mean me?

No!...I think, perhaps, there's a little paranoia setting in.

aly j
10-13-2008, 12:45 PM
No!...I think, perhaps, there's a little paranoia setting in.

Wait a minute, bravo32 could you please explain to me what boast means please.

32Bravo
10-13-2008, 12:46 PM
Hey Bravo32, Please explain Boast for me will you please.

In this instance, i.e. where RS is concerned and not myself , of course:

# show off
# speaking of yourself in superlatives

and then:

# sport: wear or display in an ostentatious or proud manner; "she was sporting a new hat"

But there are also hollow boasts. :)

You mean i should get RS as a teacher,that will cause ww3 wouldet it.
Yes, and no - he's a pacifist

32Bravo
10-13-2008, 12:54 PM
Does her mean me?

I'm beginning to believe that you're a guy, taking the piss.

Therefore, RS might mean you. ;)

aly j
10-13-2008, 07:38 PM
I'm beginning to believe that you're a guy, taking the piss.

Therefore, RS might mean you. ;)

Taking the piss, im sure i have .What cause you to think im a guy? Hehehe.
RS might mean you- in what way.
Did i say some thing to manly did i?

32Bravo
10-14-2008, 02:47 AM
Taking the piss, im sure i have .What cause you to think im a guy? Hehehe.
RS might mean you- in what way.
Did i say some thing to manly did i?

I have absoutely no idea. For teh most part, I haven't a clue what you are saying. :)

aly j
10-14-2008, 07:16 AM
I have absoutely no idea. For teh most part, I haven't a clue what you are saying. :)

That makes two of us, I cant understand youre and RS male language.

Rising Sun*
10-14-2008, 07:40 AM
That makes two of us, I cant understand youre and RS male language.

That's because, like everyone on the board except you, we're using something approximating English which, shocking though it may be to you to learn, is currently known as the Queen's English. (In case you aren't aware of it, a queen is female, so we're actually using a female language.)

You've run your race with your manufactured dumbness and your manufactured victimhood because you're supposedly a girl.

You've ended up as you started out, a tiresome troll with nothing to contribute to the board except a waste of bandwidth.

Time to shape up or ship out.

herman2
10-14-2008, 07:47 AM
RS has found a new Nemesis to pick on. Thank god it isn't me anymore. I feel so much at ease lately knowing that there is someone else getting the short end of the stick for a change....and to think, it's a fellow Austrailian!LOL

aly j
10-14-2008, 07:55 AM
That's because, like everyone on the board except you, we're using something approximating English which, shocking though it may be to you to learn, is currently known as the Queen's English. (In case you aren't aware of it, a queen is female, so we're actually using a female language.)

You've run your race with your manufactured dumbness and your manufactured victimhood because you're supposedly a girl.

You've ended up as you started out, a tiresome troll with nothing to contribute to the board except a waste of bandwidth.

Time to shape up or ship out.
Actually its the Kings language and the King is male.And it was men that made language, men ruled the days back then, you should now that , werent you around back then.
You cause me to fell like a victim cause of youre bulling, not cause i was a girl.You need to chill out RS.This is a site for everyone and not just for you high rollers.

Rising Sun*
10-14-2008, 08:08 AM
Actually its the Kings language and the King is male.

See, kitten, there you go showing that you're not as dumb as you make out.

A moron is consistently moronic, but you're not. Because you're a troll.

You cause me to fell like a victim cause of youre bulling, not cause i was a girl.

Call the RACV.

This is a site for everyone and not just for you high rollers.

Sorry, I thought this site was for people who were capable of discussing military history with a reasonable level of knowledge and expression.

You, however, are leading the charge to turn it into a historical, intellectual and English wasteland.

Which I suspect is your purpose, as about all your manic rate of idiotic posting contributes is to undermine the site.

aly j
10-14-2008, 08:19 AM
See, kitten, there you go showing that you're not as dumb as you make out.

A moron is consistently moronic, but you're not. Because you're a troll.

Call the RACV.

Sorry, I thought this site was for people who were capable of discussing military history with a reasonable level of knowledge and expression.

You, however, are leading the charge to turn it into a historical, intellectual and English wasteland.

Which I suspect is your purpose, as about all your manic rate of idiotic posting contributes is to undermine the site.

Yeah i know, i outsmart you for once.RS youre not in the court room, stop treating me like im the victim in the stand.

Rising Sun*
10-14-2008, 08:29 AM
Yeah i know, i outsmart you for once.RS youre not in the court room, stop treating me like im the victim in the stand.

Call the RACV.

herman2
10-14-2008, 08:44 AM
The Royal Automobile Club of Victoria (RACV) is a motoring club and mutual organisation, providing services such as roadside assistance, vehicle, home and contents insurance, personal and car loans, driving instruction, tourism services, home security products, as well as a lifestyle club known as RACV Club.

The Royal Automobile Club of Victoria was founded in 1903, and it held its first car rally at Aspendale Park Racecourse in 1904[1].
Today RACV is one of Australia's most active members of the Australian Automobile Association which has member organisations in each state and territory of Australia.

32Bravo
10-14-2008, 08:48 AM
Call the RACV.

As you're a high-roller, could you loan me a few bob? :D

aly j
10-14-2008, 06:40 PM
RS has found a new Nemesis to pick on. Thank god it isn't me anymore. I feel so much at ease lately knowing that there is someone else getting the short end of the stick for a change....and to think, it's a fellow Austrailian!LOL

You no what, it would be scary if he was base in Melbourne.He wont make a good Aussie friend juring the war, he probelery feed me to the emeny hehehe. So i see it wast just me that he pick on. You must be glad Herman that ive taken youre spot. Cheers

Rising Sun*
10-15-2008, 03:51 AM
As you're a high-roller, could you loan me a few bob? :D

I didn't get as wealthy as I am by lending my money to burnt out jungle soldiers. ;) :D

Rising Sun*
10-15-2008, 03:54 AM
You no what, it would be scary if he was base in Melbourne.

As you're in Melbourne, why don't you tell me why I'm saying you should call the RACV?

herman2
10-15-2008, 08:19 AM
I will help you Aly J....RACV , um, could it be.....??

A leisurely two hour drive from Melbourne, RACV Inverloch Resort is set on a 32 hectare site opposite the beach and boasts sweeping views of Bass Strait and Anderson’s Inlet. The Resort offers a variety of great value accommodation options, including 18 luxurious and modern Ocean View rooms and 8 Premium Ocean View rooms, each featuring an ensuite bathroom, large screen TV and private balcony, 10 spacious, fully self contained Villas that are ideal for families and groups, as well as 32 Caravan sites, including 12 with private ensuites.

RACV Inverloch Resort has been designed with a commitment to eco-principals and sustainability firmly in mind. Modern and designed to complement the coastal landscape, the Resort has also gained Green Star accreditation. Only 5km from the Inverloch township, the Resort is ideally located to enjoy the spectacular coastline, beautiful wilderness areas and scenic hinterland, along with many of the region’s popular tourist attractions and destinations.

herman2
10-15-2008, 08:32 AM
OR, Could it be.....he RACV Foundation was established in 1997 to formalise the RACV's ongoing philanthropic support for Victorian charities and community causes. As a Victorian business built on servicing the needs of its members, RACV takes seriously its broader obligations as a responsible corporate citizen.

RACV makes a significant financial contribution to the Foundation each year, and RACV staff and members also make regular contributions. Its aim is to become a significant source of philanthropic funding in Victoria.

....If I win, then it is my turn...This is like that game with the Librarian right?..if Iguess it, then it's my turn!!!...so am I right?...did I win?...is it my turn now??

aly j
10-15-2008, 08:39 AM
I will help you Aly J....RACV , um, could it be.....??

A leisurely two hour drive from Melbourne, RACV Inverloch Resort is set on a 32 hectare site opposite the beach and boasts sweeping views of Bass Strait and Anderson’s Inlet. The Resort offers a variety of great value accommodation options, including 18 luxurious and modern Ocean View rooms and 8 Premium Ocean View rooms, each featuring an ensuite bathroom, large screen TV and private balcony, 10 spacious, fully self contained Villas that are ideal for families and groups, as well as 32 Caravan sites, including 12 with private ensuites.

RACV Inverloch Resort has been designed with a commitment to eco-principals and sustainability firmly in mind. Modern and designed to complement the coastal landscape, the Resort has also gained Green Star accreditation. Only 5km from the Inverloch township, the Resort is ideally located to enjoy the spectacular coastline, beautiful wilderness areas and scenic hinterland, along with many of the region’s popular tourist attractions and destinations.
Thanks herman, I didt realize you know so much about australia. Is Australia popular too Canadians? Cheers.

aly j
10-15-2008, 08:46 AM
As you're in Melbourne, why don't you tell me why I'm saying you should call the RACV?
Oh i see now, you live in Melbourne.
Im:shock:.
Oh jesus, If you work at the Melbourne Magistrate Court and the County Court, we could of bump in to each other alot of times. go figure.:shock:

Rising Sun*
10-15-2008, 08:49 AM
Oh i see now, you live in Melbourne.
Im:shock:.
Oh jesus, If you work at the Melbourne Magistrate Court and the County Court, we could of bump in to each other alot of times. go figure.:shock:

Answer the question.

aly j
10-15-2008, 08:56 AM
Answer the question.

How can i answer youre question, when i dont understand what you are saying.
Why cant you just tell me.

herman2
10-15-2008, 08:57 AM
I Know..I Know...Did I win!!????

Rising Sun*
10-15-2008, 09:04 AM

I bump into a lot of idiots in my work, indeed if it was not for an endless supply of idiots I'd be out of work, but in your case we would bump into each other only if you were brought up from the cells or were one of the tired old tarts who use the courts for free entertainment.

Anyway, it's clear from your internet derived knowledge that you aren't from Melbourne as everyone in Melbourne knows something you've omitted from your clumsy little post. Go figure, pussy cat. :rolleyes:

Rising Sun*
10-15-2008, 09:08 AM
How can i answer youre question, when i dont understand what you are saying.
Why cant you just tell me.

Righto, little kitty cat, here's the question which I've already asked and which you like all trolls out of your depth and not where you pretend to be try to avoid answering:

What do I mean by saying "Call the RACV."?

Why can't you just tell me, my little Melbournite?

herman2
10-15-2008, 09:09 AM
Am I getting close???????????????? is it...

RACV city club
Conveniently positioned in the heart of the CBD at 501 Bourke Street, Melbourne, the prestigious RACV City Club is a social, leisure and business hub designed to cater for the needs of all members.

With 112 spacious, luxury accommodation rooms, each with a widescreen plasma TV, and an ideal location close to Melbourne's famous retail precinct, Federation Square, theatres and major event venues, RACV City Club is the perfect venue to enjoy overnight, weekend or extended stays.

A range of stylish dining and entertainment options make RACV City Club the perfect venue to celebrate a special occasion or to enjoy a coffee, after-work drink, intimate dinner or business lunch.

The City Club also offers Club members a variety of lifestyle programs and classes also cater for the fitness enthusiast.

There has never been a better time to join RACV Club and experience the privileges only one Club can offer. Great value membership packages are now available.

DID I WIN!!?????????????????..Please give me a hint lease!

herman2
10-15-2008, 09:11 AM
Righto, little kitty cat, here's the question which I've already asked and which you like all trolls out of your depth and not where you pretend to be try to avoid answering:

What do I mean by saying "Call the RACV."?

Why can't you just tell me, my little Melbournite?

Is this kitty kat?

aly j
10-15-2008, 09:14 AM
I bump into a lot of idiots in my work, indeed if it was not for an endless supply of idiots I'd be out of work, but in your case we would bump into each other only if you were brought up from the cells or were one of the tired old tarts who use the courts for free entertainment.

Anyway, it's clear from your internet derived knowledge that you aren't from Melbourne as everyone in Melbourne knows something you've omitted from your clumsy little post. Go figure, pussy cat. :rolleyes:

Actually i wast on the defending side , I was on the prosocuting side thank you very much and im no tart either. I am from melbourne, im actually with the RACV and there vihicles are yellow. I barrick for Richmond and Melbourne has the MCG.

aly j
10-15-2008, 09:17 AM
Is this kitty kat?
Even looking like that , i still look cuter than RS.

herman2
10-15-2008, 09:18 AM
Is this the racv!!!!!!???????????????????did i win?!!..is it my turn yet!!!!

aly j
10-15-2008, 09:31 AM
Is this the racv!!!!!!???????????????????did i win?!!..is it my turn yet!!!!

Herman 2, Yes you win hands down.

Rising Sun*
10-15-2008, 09:37 AM
Actually i wast on the defending side , I was on the prosocuting side thank you very much and im no tart either.

The only way you'd be on the prosecuting side would be in a jar as a prosecution pathology exhibit demonstrating brain death at birth.

I am from melbourne,

Gud. Then proof it bi ansering mi qestn, witch ive arksed twice and sort ansers 3 times and still you wont anser.

Meenwile herman keeps probing 4 ansrs about RACV.

Y wd that be, pussy cat?

im actually with the RACV and there vihicles are yellow.

So?

You could have picked that up from the internet you claim you can't use, just like Herman did at #80 with a cut and paste from Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Automobile_Club_of_Victoria

Why is Herman so interested in the RACV from Canada yet you in the RACV's home town in Melbourne can't answer a simple question about it that everyone in Melbourne knows?

Because, my furry little pussy, you're nowhere near Melbourne and might even be linked by VPN or something else to somewhere a long way away.

I barrick for Richmond and Melbourne has the MCG.

I barrick for the Stars and Melbourne has a road. Wot dus dis proof?

Answer the question, honey.

Actually, don't bother answering it.

You've used 50/50, lifeline, phone a friend, and had Herman trying to find the answer, yet between the two of you the poor little pussy cat still can't answer a simple question that anyone aged 26 in Melbourne would know.

You, my feline little troll, are full of shit.

aly j
10-15-2008, 09:44 AM
The only way you'd be on the prosecuting side would be in a jar as a prosecution pathology exhibit demonstrating brain death at birth.

Gud. Then proof it bi ansering mi qestn, witch ive arksed twice and sort ansers 3 times and still you wont anser.

Meenwile herman keeps probing 4 ansrs about RACV.

Y wd that be, pussy cat?

So?

You could have picked that up from the internet you claim you can't use, just like Herman did at #80 with a cut and paste from Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Automobile_Club_of_Victoria

Why is Herman so interested in the RACV from Canada yet you in the RACV's home town in Melbourne can't answer a simple question about it that everyone in Melbourne knows?

Because, my furry little pussy, you're nowhere near Melbourne and might even be linked by VPN or something else to somewhere a long way away.

I barrick for the Stars and Melbourne has a road. Wot dus dis proof?

Answer the question, honey.

Actually, don't bother answering it.

You've used 50/50, lifeline, phone a friend, and had Herman trying to find the answer, yet between the two of you the poor little pussy cat still can't answer a simple question that anyone aged 26 in Melbourne would know.

You, my feline little troll, are full of shit.
Think what you will, its not going to change where i live . Just face it where naiebours. im just woundering is youre adnitals JC.

herman2
10-15-2008, 09:49 AM
YA!...Is your is youre adnitals JC???
Whats a adnital?..is it next to the liver and the kidney??

Rising Sun*
10-15-2008, 09:54 AM
Think what you will, its not going to change where i live . Just face it where naiebours. im just woundering is youre adnitals JC.

Can't answer the question, can you, kitty cat?

You ain't from Melbourne, or even Australia.

And that ain't gonna change where you live, is it?

herman2
10-15-2008, 10:02 AM
RS stop picking on kitty kat.....she is not Purrrrfffeeeccct as you!

(you get it?..cats Purrr?...LOL)

This should be a new game!...Where is Kitty Kat from!
...to be honest, based on her vocabulary, I don't think she has the ingenuity to slide onto another server pretending to be from Austrailia......and don't you go on about her being Canadian ok!...

pdf27
10-15-2008, 10:04 AM
I think you're barking up the wrong tree here mate, but it's something we ought to verify. Contact me via PM to go over full details and we can confirm/deny.

herman2
10-15-2008, 10:10 AM
I think you're barking up the wrong tree here mate, but it's something we ought to verify. Contact me via PM to go over full details and we can confirm/deny.

Don't go thinking its me!...I had enough of your witch hunts...I want to go on record that I am not duddette and I implore the Admin staff and the Mods and the smart people out there to prove otherwise. Don't get any ideas RS...leave me out of this.YOU do your verify stuff and you will find out...Do it Do it!....and fyi...I like cherries on top of my cake when you apologise for thinking what your implying.:D

aly j
10-15-2008, 10:11 AM
Can't answer the question, can you, kitty cat?

And that ain't gonna change where you live, is it?

What?
What?
and What?

Rising Sun*
10-15-2008, 10:14 AM
What?
What?
and What?

Answer the question.

herman2
10-15-2008, 10:18 AM
KAt fight Kat Fight!!!!...LOL

aly j
10-15-2008, 10:22 AM
Answer the question.

What question, that im from melbourne- YES i am RS

aly j
10-15-2008, 10:22 AM
KAt fight Kat Fight!!!!...LOL

I hope not

herman2
10-15-2008, 10:32 AM
Aly J Duddette, you started a thread called "RS"...which the mods obviously locked....you shouldn't do that. It looks vindictive or in bad taste...I wouldn't want that on myself, if I were in that position. Maybe you should apologise to RS for doing that, at least. The thread is perceived as insulting and is against the rules so I wouldn't be surprised if the Mods give you a warning for doing that. remember that you will be banned for a week or so if you violate the forum rules like that so please be careful. I have been there. Trust me.It's no picnic!...You go to bed worrying when your week is over, sometimes awakening in the middle of the night with a cold chill, dreaming about war stuff and anticipating when your ban is over so you can come back. I was a nervous wreck and I started smoking to compensate for my downfall…Some have even gone to therapy. It's like a detox to the body...so don't do anything which may put you in a sling like this! Just apologise to RS for your spur of the moment off the cuff knee reaction and the Mods will see your lapse of judgement and life goes on…

aly j
10-15-2008, 10:37 AM
Aly J Duddette, you started a thread called "RS"...which the mods obviously locked....you shouldn't do that. It looks vindictive or in bad taste...I wouldn't want that on myself, if I were in that position. Maybe you should apologise to RS for doing that, at least. The thread is perceived as insulting and is against the rules so I wouldn't be surprised if the Mods give you a warning for doing that. remember that you will be banned for a week or so if you violate the forum rules like that so please be careful. I have been there. Trust me.It's no picnic!...You go to bed worrying when your week is over, sometimes awakening in the middle of the night with a cold chill, dreaming about war stuff and anticipating when your ban is over so you can come back. I was a nervous wreck and I started smoking to compensate for my downfall…Some have even gone to therapy. It's like a detox to the body...so don't do anything which may put you in a sling like this! Just apologise to RS for your spur of the moment off the cuff knee reaction and the Mods will see your lapse of judgement and life goes on… PDF has allready spoken to me. How did you get banned herman 2, but thanx anyways.

herman2
10-15-2008, 10:47 AM
PDF has allready spoken to me. How did you get banned herman 2, but thanx anyways.

WOW..he spoke to you!...that can't be cool....Remember, they only speak to you once, then it's the Axe! They get their kicks out of it.
..I don't know why I got banned to be honest. I joined this site several mths ago and maybe said a few things out of proportion that some members didn't like then all of a sudden I was fed to the wolves and attacked like a pitbul to a hamster. I was minding my own business talking about war stuff to some people and the next thing you know it, you can’t log on and the sweat dripped down my forehead in fright. I thought my computer was broken. I didn’t know what to do!.I tried to borrow a friends computer and I even started looking on the black market for one just so I could log back in. It was a terrible experience.
Ever since though, I have become best of buddies with the Mods. PDF and Nick sometimes PM me to say how are things or ask me how my day was. George Eller even wished me a Happy Birthday (it’s on public record-go and see it for yourself).
There really cool in that way. They give the impression to the general public that they don’t like you, but I think they do that for image so the rest of us think there acting in capacity as Mods. You will be surprised how many members will become your best of friends that you previously held animosity against…anyways, respect the Mods and try to stick to the rules of the forum and you’ll be okay. Nice chatting to you;)

aly j
10-15-2008, 10:57 AM
WOW..he spoke to you!...that can't be cool....Remember, they only speak to you once, then it's the Axe! They get their kicks out of it.
..I don't know why I got banned to be honest. I joined this site several mths ago and maybe said a few things out of proportion that some members didn't like then all of a sudden I was fed to the wolves and attacked like a pitbul to a hamster. I was minding my own business talking about war stuff to some people and the next thing you know it, you can’t log on and the sweat dripped down my forehead in fright. I thought my computer was broken. I didn’t know what to do!.I tried to borrow a friends computer and I even started looking on the black market for one just so I could log back in. It was a terrible experience.
Ever since though, I have become best of buddies with the Mods. PDF and Nick sometimes PM me to say how are things or ask me how my day was. George Eller even wished me a Happy Birthday (it’s on public record-go and see it for yourself).
There really cool in that way. They give the impression to the general public that they don’t like you, but I think they do that for image so the rest of us think there acting in capacity as Mods. You will be surprised how many members will become your best of friends that you previously held animosity against…anyways, respect the Mods and try to stick to the rules of the forum and you’ll be okay. Nice chatting to you;)
Well then Happy Birthday. I can see you got character and a good personality Herman 2.

aly j
10-15-2008, 11:52 AM
RS stop picking on kitty kat.....she is not Purrrrfffeeeccct as you!

(you get it?..cats Purrr?...LOL)

This should be a new game!...Where is Kitty Kat from!
...to be honest, based on her vocabulary, I don't think she has the ingenuity to slide onto another server pretending to be from Austrailia......and don't you go on about her being Canadian ok!...
Like what herman just mentioned, hes right.You really think i can out smart you guys of being a man comming from a totally different country posing as a 26 year old female from melbourne.
Theres no way possible that i could. But it feels good that all the smart members thinking im a genious that can fool other members.

Rising Sun*
10-16-2008, 06:01 AM
What question, that im from melbourne- YES i am RS

No, the question I've asked you several times over several days which anyone from Melbourne would know: What do I mean by saying "Call the RACV."?

Consistently avoiding answering that question, even with Herman's generously Googled help about the RACV, and putting up meaningless assertions that you really are from Melbourne demonstrates, quite convincingly, that you aren't.

As do other absurd claims about your prosecutorial function and so on.

You, my little kitty cat, have become a fur ball.

Rising Sun*
10-16-2008, 06:11 AM
Aly J Duddette, you started a thread called "RS"...which the mods obviously locked....you shouldn't do that. It looks vindictive or in bad taste...I wouldn't want that on myself, if I were in that position. Maybe you should apologise to RS for doing that, at least.

Ali can do what s/he likes.

I couldn't give a cube about the RS thread. I don't mind people getting stuck into me, particularly when I've been getting stuck into them, or even if I haven't.

Rising Sun*
10-16-2008, 06:33 AM
Like what herman just mentioned, hes right.You really think i can out smart you guys of being a man comming from a totally different country posing as a 26 year old female from melbourne.
Theres no way possible that i could. But it feels good that all the smart members thinking im a genious that can fool other members.

You really need to be more consistent in your intentionally but inconsistently bad spelling, grammar and punctuation.

During your extensive prosecutorial career in the magistrate and county courts, did you ever hear of forensic linguistic and textual analysis? Your linguistic and textual inconsistencies wouldn't challenge a first year student in that discipline.

You, my little fur ball, are a very poor fraud.

Nickdfresh
10-16-2008, 06:53 AM

You just can't stay out of these threads, can you?

What's interesting is how about 90% of your posts are spent posting about conflicts and some snide little whining about what you perceive to be the blatant injustice done to you...And you dropping a Mod's name in every other post is also getting very annoying...

Nickdfresh
10-16-2008, 06:57 AM
No, the question I've asked you several times over several days which anyone from Melbourne would know: What do I mean by saying "Call the RACV."?

Consistently avoiding answering that question, even with Herman's generously Googled help about the RACV, and putting up meaningless assertions that you really are from Melbourne demonstrates, quite convincingly, that you aren't.

As do other absurd claims about your prosecutorial function and so on.

You, my little kitty cat, have become a fur ball.

Maybe she's from Melbourne, but just really, really stupid?

Her IP (partially changed to protect her identity) is as follows:

The IP Address is: 211.28.xx.xx
The host name is: c211-28-xx-xx.dandn2.vic.optusnet.com.au

It traces to "Springvale South," which I assume is a Melbourne suburb...

Rising Sun*
10-16-2008, 07:07 AM
But it feels good that all the smart members thinking im a genious that can fool other members.

Have you noticed that, although there are some serious intellects and greatly knowledgeable people, nobody on this board claims to be smart?

Members, apart from you, just discuss things.

You, however, flaunt your claimed lack of intellect and patent lack of knowledge about matters military while making gratuitous observations about members who are supposedly 'smart' to confirm in your own mind your victim status at the hands of the 'smart' members.

This will no doubt come as a shock to you, but nobody here could give a fish's tit if, as you repeatedly assert, you're a 26 year old girl with a demonstrated desire to be a victim because you're a girl (most 26 year old females are women, but in your case you're probably correct) when it is abundantly clear that any negative responses you get flow purely from your remarkable ability to purport to be profoundly stupid. But a genuinely stupid person wouldn't be as smart as you in doing it, Fur Ball.

So, why don't you drop the pretence of being a cretin and stop pointless posts in every thread and use your genuine intelligence to discuss and learn as a reasonable 26 year old adult, if that's what you really are?

Your position isn't irretrieveable.

We've rehabilitated problem members who have gone on to be accepted for what they contribute, not what they did on the board in the past. Herman is living proof of that.

But you may find that there is no forgiveness for people who, once warned, persist with intolerable conduct.

Rising Sun*
10-16-2008, 07:36 AM

That's possible.

We have some world class stupid people here, but mostly we keep them away from the internet.

They're too busy governing the State. ;) :D

It is.

Even more surprising given my insistence on the RACV question, Springvale South is next door to the RACV headquarters shown at A in the slow loading link.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=racv+noble+park&ie=UTF8&ll=-37.937022,145.185099&spn=0.032222,0.054932&z=14

As ali j likes to say: Go figure!

Spooky, huh?

herman2
10-16-2008, 08:08 AM
You just can't stay out of these threads, can you?

What's interesting is how about 90% of your posts are spent posting about conflicts and some snide little whining about what you perceive to be the blatant injustice done to you...And you dropping a Mod's name in every other post is also getting very annoying...

90%: My Foot!
I thought in America its a free country and there is freedom of speech. Why should I stay out of threads that are publicly on display. If you didn't want me to engage in this thread then you should have locked it. This thread is nothing but a bunch of B.S and serves nothing productive nor objective about WW-2 stuff. You keep it open to allow us to vent our opinions. Why you picking on me?. I was merely trying to figure out what RACV means then Aly J started asking me questions which I responded to. Am I not allowed to respond to questions from other members when I am asked?. Is this a communist thread where I am forbidden to engage in a conversation with another fellow WW-2 member when I am specifically asked a question?. As long as America is FREE, I will speak freely to people who ask me questions. I did not, nor did I harass RS in this thread in any way , form or matter. I even attempted to act as a friend by calming Aly-J down and implored her to APOLOGISE to RS, in case you haven’t noticed. This is the thanks I get from someone I respect like you?. Secondly, I don’t know where you get 90% from. You merely pick a number and post it out of the blue and expect everyone to believe it?. I don’t know why I can’t support the Mods either. Am I not allowed to support our troops as well?. I can support who ever I want. The fact that I appreciate, respect and admire the challenges your position entails is proof enough that I am a caring and compassionate person. If I can’t even say nice things about the Mods, then what is this, a communist forum?. I am sorry you feel this way. If it annoys you then don’t read it. I am sincere in my intentions.

Rising Sun*
10-16-2008, 08:22 AM
I thought in America its a free country and there is freedom of speech.

Whether it is or not is irrelevant to a board in cyberspace.

This thread is nothing but a bunch of B.S and serves nothing productive nor objective about WW-2 stuff.

Perhaps, but you've made repeated and significant contributions to it.

Is this a communist thread where I am forbidden to engage in a conversation with another fellow WW-2 member when I am specifically asked a question?.

What was the question?

As long as America is FREE, I will speak freely to people who ask me questions.

1. This is not an American board.

2. You are not an American.

3. You have no entitlement to American rights of free speech.

4. The rest of us don't all recognise American rights of free speech as applying to an international board, any more than we recognise German laws which prohibit things related to the Nazis which are permitted in other countries.

herman2
10-16-2008, 08:33 AM
Every Body knows America is the Greatest Country in The World!. As a Canadian, I enjoy the honour and the privilege to be next to this Great Country. The fact that you lack respect for America is your problem. America always protects and defends the whole world and always comes to the rescue in WW-1 and WW-2. Without America we would probably be living under Nazi regime. I wouldn’t knock America. Your beef is not with me. For the Last time, I encouraged Aly J to Apologise to YOU. I even told her she would be banned if she didn’t shape up for insulting you. I did not insult you. And lastly, There are no tits on a fish, contrary to your prior post, so get your facts straight :)

Nickdfresh
10-16-2008, 08:53 AM
90%: My Foot!
I thought in America its a free country and there is freedom of speech. Why should I stay out of threads that are publicly on display.

Um, we're not in America, we're in cyberspace. And nobody promised you absolute "freedom of speech" here. You had to click on a "terms of use" to even register, remember?

And while I hate censorship, I also hate people who vandalize, yell out and talk in a movie theater, or spray paint over monuments...

If you didn't want me to engage in this thread then you should have locked it.

When did I say you couldn't engage in it?

I merely made an observation...

This thread is nothing but a bunch of B.S and serves nothing productive nor objective about WW-2 stuff.

That's why it is in the "Off-Topic" section, which is precisely for B.S. :)

You keep it open to allow us to vent our opinions. Why you picking on me?.

I dunno. Why do you constantly have a running commentary on everything troll-related, including various off-the-cuff and snide comments regarding the various mods that have oppressed you here?

And I do not mean to answer a question with a question, but I asked you first (sort of)...

After all, you're the one "cyberstalking" here with annoyance posts to pdf27, or with following me to other websites...

I was merely trying to figure out what RACV means then Aly J started asking me questions which I responded to. Am I not allowed to respond to questions from other members when I am asked?.

I never said you were or weren't allowed to do anything...

I merely made an observation, one which seems to be a bee in your bonnet.

The point is, if you weren't fluttering around her/his/its posts every thirty seconds, and if she weren't coming up with another load of trolling in her self-proclaimed biography of a "26 year old girl" who all of a sudden is now a crown prosecutor in Australia, you wouldn't be answering nor asking questions to her...

And if she is indeed a prosecutor, no wonder why the motorcycle maniacs took them over in "Mad Max!" :D

Is this a communist thread where I am forbidden to engage in a conversation with another fellow WW-2 member when I am specifically asked a question?. As long as America is FREE, I will speak freely to people who ask me questions. I did not, nor did I harass RS in this thread in any way , form or matter. I even attempted to act as a friend by calming Aly-J down and implored her to APOLOGISE to RS, in case you haven’t noticed. This is the thanks I get from someone I respect like you?. Secondly, I don’t know where you get 90% from. You merely pick a number and post it out of the blue and expect everyone to believe it?. I don’t know why I can’t support the Mods either. Am I not allowed to support our troops as well?. I can support who ever I want. The fact that I appreciate, respect and admire the challenges your position entails is proof enough that I am a caring and compassionate person. If I can’t even say nice things about the Mods, then what is this, a communist forum?. I am sorry you feel this way. If it annoys you then don’t read it. I am sincere in my intentions.

Are you finished whining about your supposed persecution yet, Joan of L'arc?

P.S.: I didn't say you were nor weren't allowed to do anything, I merely asked you "why?," in a sense. Because, your motivation for returning to this board day after day after spending a good deal of your first 50 posts or so blatantly trolling it, is still unclear to me to this day...

Rising Sun*
10-16-2008, 09:03 AM
Every Body knows America is the Greatest Country in The World!.

Review that statement in 2050.

Or even 2025.

As a Canadian, I enjoy the honour and the privilege to be next to this Great Country.

Lucky you.

Why don't you move to Mexico and enjoy the same honour and privilege which spills across the American border down there to make it a great place to live.

Apart from anything else, the weather is better down there.

The fact that you lack respect for America is your problem.

Don't confuse a realistic assessment of the likely future with a lack of respect.

America always protects and defends the whole world and always comes to the rescue in WW-1 and WW-2.

Really?

You should read some American strategic assessments about letting Australia fall to Japan during WWII, and earlier pre-war assessments about whether or not to support Britain during a European war.

Not to mention the strong isolationist movements in America during both World Wars, in both of which it was forced into a war it wanted to stay out of.

Without America we would probably be living under Nazi regime.

Really?

If Britain had fallen you'd probably be pumping Ford engines out of Windsor like there was no tomorrow, to keep supplying the Nazis Ford and GM supplied right up to Pearl Harbor and, on some views, even after.

I wouldn’t knock America.

Why not?

They're used to it.

Your beef is not with me. For the Last time, I encouraged Aly J to Apologise to YOU. I even told her she would be banned if she didn’t shape up for insulting you. I did not insult you.

As previously posted, I don't care if people get stuck into me.

I do care if people post crap all over the board to no knowledge or humourous purpose.

And lastly, There are no tits on a fish, contrary to your prior post, so get your facts straight :)

That's what you think.

Our high country freshwater gongavarmi fish has four tits on the male and twelve on the female, to sustain the minnows during the early spring melt before the insects come up the mountains to supply food.

aly j
10-16-2008, 09:16 AM
You really need to be more consistent in your intentionally but inconsistently bad spelling, grammar and punctuation.

During your extensive prosecutorial career in the magistrate and county courts, did you ever hear of forensic linguistic and textual analysis? Your linguistic and textual inconsistencies wouldn't challenge a first year student in that discipline.

You, my little fur ball, are a very poor fraud.

I didt say i was a prosecuter lawyer, i meant i was a witness for the prosecuting side. i cant belive you thought i was a lawyer.

herman2
10-16-2008, 09:17 AM
Um, we're not in America, we're in cyberspace. And nobody promised you absolute "freedom of speech" here. You had to click on a "terms of use" to even register, remember?

And while I hate censorship, I also hate people who vandalize, yell out and talk in a movie theater, or spray paint over monuments...

When did I say you couldn't engage in it?

I merely made an observation...

That's why it is in the "Off-Topic" section, which is precisely for B.S. :)

I dunno. Why do you constantly have a running commentary on everything troll-related, including various off-the-cuff and snide comments regarding the various mods that have oppressed you here?

And I do not mean to answer a question with a question, but I asked you first (sort of)...

After all, you're the one "cyberstalking" here with annoyance posts to pdf27, or with following me to other websites...

I never said you were or weren't allowed to do anything...

I merely made an observation, one which seems to be a bee in your bonnet.

The point is, if you weren't fluttering around her/his/its posts every thirty seconds, and if she weren't coming up with another load of trolling in her self-proclaimed biography of a "26 year old girl" who all of a sudden is now a crown prosecutor in Australia, you wouldn't be answering nor asking questions to her...

And if she is indeed a prosecutor, no wonder why the motorcycle maniacs took them over in "Mad Max!" :D

Are you finished whining about your supposed persecution yet, Joan of L'arc?

P.S.: I didn't say you were nor weren't allowed to do anything, I merely asked you "why?," in a sense. Because, your motivation for returning to this board day after day after spending a good deal of your first 50 posts or so blatantly trolling it, is still unclear to me to this day...

Oh Please..Oh Please....I made on or 2 comments in that other forum your talking about. I don’t live in a Communist Country so I am free to go wherever I want in cyberspace. I can’t help it if I discovered that PDF was BANNED in other web sites. Personally, I feel sorry for him I think the guy was framed because he seems so Nice in this web site. But if it makes you happy, I won’t bother anyone in any other forum nor even read the commentaries in your other forums. (By the way, some of the comments by you guys in them other forums are pretty rough with a lot of swearing and yelling..I am surprised because your such a pussy cat in this forum) ..Anyways getting back to my point….I promise you I will not and have not nor intend to join and other forum’s that your in
And one last thing, I am not snide. I merely speak up for my rights. I have not posted a single stupid thread since I joined. My threads are for the most part, professional, unlike some others. I only involve myself in threads that I can be productive in. I even gained some points, 16 to be exact for one of my commentaries from the Admin Staff (or maybe it was you) that put :Excellent Post” in my Reputation log (Right below my Infractions which I still believe I should be forgive for)…At least I TRY….The fact that this thread serves no purpose, should not affect any members who don’t care for my dribble, because only those that want to read it, chose to read it. Have A Nice Day just the Same.

aly j
10-16-2008, 09:18 AM

Her IP (partially changed to protect her identity) is as follows:

The IP Address is: 211.28.xx.xx
The host name is: c211-28-xx-xx.dandn2.vic.optusnet.com.au

How did you find that out, i live half an hour away from springvale.

herman2
10-16-2008, 09:22 AM
That Fish Does NOt Even Exsist...You google it and find out yourself...I did not find any freshwater gongavarmi fish ...Liar!:rolleyes:

Rising Sun*
10-16-2008, 09:30 AM
I didt say i was a prosecuter lawyer, i meant i was a witness for the prosecuting side. i cant belive you thought i was a lawyer.

Remember what I said about forensic linguistic and textual analysis? Here is just one simple example of why your inconsistent intentional bad English is bullshit.

I was on the prosocuting

And, Fur Ball, I didn't say you were a lawyer any more than you said you were, but at #88 and #96 you tried to create the impression that you were habitually at the courts in some prosecutorial capacity while leaving wriggle room to slide out of it as you just have, so don't tread on my **** and say you thought it belonged to the bloke behind me. :rolleyes:

Rising Sun*
10-16-2008, 09:36 AM
That Fish Does NOt Even Exsist...You google it and find out yourself...I did not find any freshwater gongavarmi fish ...Liar!:rolleyes:

I didn't realise that Google was the arbiter of existence.

I just Googled my parents' and grandparents' names and they're not there. That must mean I don't exist.

If, clever ****, you ever get stranded in the high country in early spring when the snow is beginning to melt but there's no food above ground, you'll be bloody grateful if you can snatch a couple of nice fat gongavarmi out of the streams.

aly j
10-16-2008, 09:36 AM
Remember what I said about forensic linguistic and textual analysis? Here is just one simple example of why your inconsistent intentional bad English is bullshit.

And, Fur Ball, I didn't say you were a lawyer any more than you said you were, but at #88 and #96 you tried to create the impression that you were habitually at the courts in some prosecutorial capacity while leaving wriggle room to slide out of it as you just have, so don't tread on my **** and say you thought it belonged to the bloke behind me. :rolleyes:

Could you say that in english please! In my english.

Rising Sun*
10-16-2008, 09:39 AM
Could you say that in english please! In my english.

U r ful of fkn sht

aly j
10-16-2008, 09:44 AM
U r ful of fkn sht

Im full of ---, you anouced that Herman and i were the same person-Wrong.
Then you anouced that Aly j [me] was lieing about my age, my sex and where i live- Wrong, Wrong ,Wrong. Whos full of -----
And didt anyone tell you that you not too adverties youre --- on the ww2 forum!

From the Mods: Watch your potty-mouth, pookems! Next one is another demerit and another way station on your way to ban.

Rising Sun*
10-16-2008, 09:50 AM
And didt anyone tell you that you not too adverties youre **** on the ww2 forum!

No, it hasn't been mentioned.

I can't imagine why the site admin never thought to tell members not to advertise their trogs.

Anyway, now that you've brought it up, I'd post a picture but (a) the screen is far too small and (b) I don't need to advertise, beyond the hidden glory which bulges in my tweeds for all to see.

Nickdfresh
10-16-2008, 09:52 AM

I'm pretty sure he didn't...

herman2
10-16-2008, 09:54 AM
I didn't realise that Google was the arbiter of existence.

I just Googled my parents' and grandparents' names and they're not there. That must mean I don't exist.

If, clever ****, you ever get stranded in the high country in early spring when the snow is beginning to melt but there's no food above ground, you'll be bloody grateful if you can snatch a couple of nice fat gongavarmi out of the streams.

Why the hell would I be stranded in High Country?..I live in a City and not the backwards hillbilly territory mountains where some god awful fictitious fish named gongavarmi presumably habitats. If I was stranded then where the hell would I get a fishing line to catch the fish?.If I was fishing, I would be with my car and have a cell phone and my GPS, so Why would I get stranded?. Do you think if I did, by chance, some how, get stranded, without my cell phone, because I walked into some bush land in the snow, for whatever reason, I don’t know, and by God’s grace, I happened to be so hungry and half starved that I would be so so fortunate to come across a lake full of hundreds of gongavarmi fish, then I would be grateful?? Mate, Trust me, If I were to find a bush or a park in My BIG City and get lost in this bush and find a lake with this weird sounding fish, I don’t think I would be grateful and eat it. How would I cook it if I were stranded?. Am I suppose to eat it raw?..The point is, the fish does not exists because you made it up and everybody knows that. And I am sorry that your grandparents don’t exists. Maybe the gongavarmi ate them..LOL:mrgreen:

Nickdfresh
10-16-2008, 10:01 AM
Locking this thread, for now...

Just walk away...
http://bp3.blogger.com/_0TnISYxFzMM/RiV7iDXMbWI/AAAAAAAAAaQ/oo0svQM1JTo/s1600-h/humungus2.jpg