PDA

View Full Version : What is up?

Egorka
12-27-2007, 05:41 PM
Hello there, my dear moderators!!!

May I ask why the thread made by h2so4 about Albania and Kosovo was closed?
I grabbed the last message by pdf27 that it was "trolling" and "not a tiny bit WW2 related". Kind of...

I do not get it! No, really, I do not! How come in the Forum area " Off Topic - General" the threads like "Argentine top models... ENJOY" and "At least she is good looking..." are concidered to be OK, but the thread about Kosovo not.

Please help my confusion.

Nickdfresh
12-27-2007, 06:26 PM
Hello there, my dear moderators!!!

May I ask why the thread made by h2so4 about Albania and Kosovo was closed?
I grabbed the last message by pdf27 that it was "trolling" and "not a tiny bit WW2 related". Kind of...

I do not get it! No, really, I do not! How come in the Forum area " Off Topic - General" the threads like "Argentine top models... ENJOY" and "At least she is good looking..." are concidered to be OK, but the thread about Kosovo not.

Please help my confusion.

Well, it does seem to me to be a pretty thinly veiled and poorly written effort to create flaming here.

And I'm not sure how many threads we need on Kosovo when such thread topics are actually little more than posts that could be placed in the thread started by Kato, which has been reopened.

And BTW, the poster wasn't even from where he claimed to be, so...

pdf27
12-28-2007, 05:47 AM
Egorka: H2SO4 started a deliberately contentious topic and his post was clearly intended to be insulting about the Serb population of that part of the world. It wasn't a reasoned arguament but rather a polemic.

Contentious topics - when related to WW2 - are acceptable, and we accept heated discussion (provided it doesn't stoop to personal insults) is part of the nature of such topics.
Off topic stuff is acceptable, provided it is in the right forum and follows the rules of polite debate. There is a little less leeway here, because quite frankly this is a WW2 forum and were possible we want to keep it focused on WW2 - but most things go.

Modern day political discussions are always on thin ice. They can get very heated, very quickly, and we have no desire to see this forum turn into a flamefest like some others. Mods have something of a hair trigger on such threads, although we will tend to avoid warning or banning users unless they do something particularly troublesome - we prefer to lock threads and let them die of natural causes. If you want a forum where you can crayon all over the walls in peace, be our guest. This isn't it however - I suggest you try something like General [M]ayhem (http://www.genmay.com/).

Basically, any topic where people are insulting each other or any particular identifiable group had better be related to WW2 and they had better be prepared to justify these insults.

Egorka
01-02-2008, 03:49 AM
I do not know... why was his thread deliberately contencious?

His way to express himself was a bit unfit for a forum like thisd, IMO. I mean his lexicon and his choise to articulate the message (like a long tale). He almost surpassed our dear RisingSun. :)

So because of the specifics of his articulation I did not read his posts completely thought. :) Maybe that is why I missed the offensive spots.

But I still in doubt that that thread should had been closed. I was actually interested to here a clear pro-Albanian point of view.

Panzerknacker
04-27-2008, 09:47 PM
Why this topic was closed down.

Is the Moderation so impotent that a single member can twisted all around terminating any possible discussion ?

http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6734&page=7

Kato
04-28-2008, 10:24 AM
Why this topic was closed down.

Is the Moderation so impotent that a single member can twisted all around terminating any possible discussion ?

http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6734&page=7

He does not need any discussions. It is easier for him to call it "jewish and moulsim conspiracies theory" though I never mentioned any conspiracies and close the thread.

mike M.
04-28-2008, 10:40 AM
Like I have said for some time now...If your views differ from a select few on this site, if you dare to have a different opinion especially in politics you will be labeled. Trust me, I've seen what is talked about behind the scenes and how a select few work to get their way in threads. I've seen lots of threads closed for reasons I couldn't see. This is just my opinion and we all know what that's worth.. :)

Nickdfresh
04-28-2008, 11:35 AM
For the information of the disgruntled here, the thread was closed (temporarily as stated) because some chose to hijack it and turn it into a race war thread based on the same gratuitous assertions and arguments devoid of fact and mere unprovable opinion...

This site is to honor the dead of WWII and to discuss history, not to repeat Hitler's theories on the inferiority of other races. I will not mod at such a site, and for those that are thin skinned complainers, then you can always go to stormfront.org. And certain people who have been previously banned advocated all out race war have an interesting sense of irony in posting in this thread...

Nickdfresh
04-28-2008, 11:39 AM
Like I have said for some time now...If your views differ from a select few on this site, if you dare to have a different opinion especially in politics you will be labeled. Trust me, I've seen what is talked about behind the scenes and how a select few work to get their way in threads. I've seen lots of threads closed for reasons I couldn't see. This is just my opinion and we all know what that's worth.. :)

Sorry Mike. I took exception to some Ukrainian nutter starting his advocation of violence to save the purity of the white race (even though I had no idea that it was under threat in the Ukraine). Which is the reason he was banned last time.

BTW, feel free to offer examples of "lots of threads" being closed, then please by all means list who actually closed them...

Kato
04-28-2008, 11:57 AM
Sorry Mike. I took exception to some Ukrainian nutter starting his advocation of violence to save the purity of the white race (even though I had no idea that it was under threat in the Ukraine). Which is the reason he was banned last time.

BTW, feel free to offer examples of "lots of threads" being closed, then please by all means list who actually closed them...

Where did I advocate violence? It is your new invention alongside with connecting my posts to some jewish conspiracy theories.

Nickdfresh
04-28-2008, 12:06 PM
Where did I advocate violence? It is your new inventions alongside with connecting my posts to jewish conspiracy theories.

You pretty clearly made statements about using violence when you were previously banned...and for the second time in recent memory, hijacked a thread to nudge it more towards your personal agenda and spoke lovingly of the "arayan jihad." (http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php?p=122072#post122072)

mike M.
04-28-2008, 12:09 PM
Your right Nick..I shouldnt say lots..It would be more like a few. My mistake in words.

Nickdfresh
04-28-2008, 12:12 PM
Your right Nick..I shouldnt say lots..It would be more like a few. My mistake in words.

You have the right to say pretty much whatever you want here, Mike. (Within I think pretty wide boundaries as compared to other message boards actually).

I appreciate feedback and constructive criticism actually. But I think I have the right to answer critics as well...

mike M.
04-28-2008, 12:40 PM
But I think I have the right to answer critics as well...

I agree 100% with that Nick...I have no problemo with that. This is scary..Im agreeing with you..:)

Kato
04-28-2008, 12:56 PM
You pretty clearly made statements about using violence when you were previously banned...and for the second time in recent memory, hijacked a thread to nudge it more towards your personal agenda and spoke lovingly of the "arayan jihad." (http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php?p=122072#post122072)

I expressed my forecast about future. I did not advocate or call on to start violence or war. You lie whenever you write "Ukrainian nutter starting his advocation of violence"

This site is to honor the dead of WWII and to discuss history

So the section "Off Topic" is closed as well?

then you can always go to stormfront.org

By the way, terrible Nazis from stormfront.org have the section "opposing views" where one can say whatever one likes against the views of the most of forum members, Mods and these people are not banned just because their views differ from the ones of site's mods.

pdf27
04-28-2008, 06:03 PM
By the way, terrible Nazis from stormfront.org have the section "opposing views" where one can say whatever one likes against the views of the most of forum members, Mods and these people are not banned just because their views differ from the ones of site's mods.
You'll have a hard time finding a Moderator who agrees with Chevan about very much. I don't see anyone threatening to ban him.

Panzerknacker
04-28-2008, 06:10 PM
For the information of the disgruntled here, the thread was closed (temporarily as stated) because some chose to hijack it and turn it into a race war thread based on the same gratuitous assertions and arguments devoid of fact and mere unprovable opinion...

Then as moderator you should block those who are attempting to derail my topic, like Kato this time , why just simply ban for this nazi mf and we can go to the next issue ?

The trolls need to be closed down, no the topics.

Kato
04-30-2008, 10:24 AM
* Mod Note!

THE THREAD IS NOT PERMANENTLY CLOSED! I HAD TO SEPARATE THEM BECAUSE OF YOUR FLAME TROLLING, LACK OF FOCUS AND CONTINUAL THREADJACKING...

--Nick

Nickdfresh
04-30-2008, 10:59 AM
Then as moderator you should block those who are attempting to derail my topic, like Kato this time , why just simply ban for this nazi mf and we can go to the next issue ?

It has been split up. And KATO will be dealt with. But I don't believe in unilateral action without at least some discussion of other Mods...And despite Kato's latent neo-Nazi attitudes, the thread has become somewhat interesting...

Panzerknacker
04-30-2008, 05:35 PM
Ok. But splitting the post of this troll is actually wasted effort, I think the "delete" option is better for him.

pdf27
05-01-2008, 01:36 AM
So do we, but like everyone else he's getting a second chance. He seems intent on wasting it, but we're going to make sure it's up to him to squander his opportunity to sort his life out.

Rising Sun*
05-01-2008, 03:42 AM
... why just simply ban for this nazi mf and we can go to the next issue ?

Kato has some curious opinions about some issues and a tendency to introduce those opinions and issues into discussions where they have no place, but he can also express himself very well in an informed manner about other issues.

It may be that his contentious opinions reflect something about his experience and history in the Ukraine which the rest of us don't understand because we come from a different background.

As he behaves himself most of the time and can make useful contributions, it might be more appropriate for a bit of PM 'counselling' from the mods rather than banning him.

Panzerknacker
05-01-2008, 07:02 PM
As he behaves himself most of the time and can make useful contributions

What useful ? wich useful ? Jesus...probably we are not talking about the same member. The one I know is completely the other side of "useful".

The moderators here had enough sweet words and useless warnings, now is time to put the long pants on and start banning trolls for good.
And thanks god they seems to be doing that now.

Panzerknacker
05-15-2008, 08:18 PM
Excuse me, but why there is a topic in german Military with this title ?

http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6904

pdf27
05-16-2008, 01:22 AM
Probably because editing thread titles is a massive pain in the backside. It looks like that got split out of the new members thread and nobody could be bothered to go through the rigmarole of sorting the title.

Panzerknacker
05-16-2008, 09:16 AM
Pain? well I dont know how is the system now but in "my days" ( ....:rolleyes:...:roll:..... ) was not dificult, just go to "edit thread" and then "thread title".

pdf27
05-16-2008, 12:05 PM
Yeah, that option exists but for some reason doesn't seem to work. There is a work-around, but I can't remember what it is.

Panzerknacker
05-17-2008, 09:22 PM
Grrrrrrr....:rolleyes:

Panzerknacker
06-20-2008, 04:28 PM
What is up ?

It seems to be a competition in "off-topic", a competition to see who open more topics in a single day.

Two playing for the title.

Firefly
06-20-2008, 05:20 PM
Everyone need to remember that this site is primarily for ww2. Other subjects can be discussed and are, but as the other Mods have stated their case there is no need for me to reiterate it.

As always, bannings and warnings are the property of the Mod team and will not be influenced by any disgruntled members.

Yes Mike, we do have a firm view of what should be acceptable here, just as in any other area where humans react and interact with each other, even the Nazis had their standards.

Panzerknacker
06-20-2008, 09:11 PM
Everyone need to remember that this site is primarily for ww2. Other subjects can be discussed and are, but as the other Mods have stated their case there is no need for me to reiterate it.

As always, bannings and warnings are the property of the Mod team and will not be influenced by any disgruntled members.

Yes Mike, we do have a firm view of what should be acceptable here, just as in any other area where humans react and interact with each other, even the Nazis had their standards.

Oh !! the big fat boss appeared, what a miracle !! :shock:....:D

Rising Sun*
06-21-2008, 06:29 AM
What is up ?

It seems to be a competition in "off-topic", a competition to see who open more topics in a single day.

Two playing for the title.

Why is opening threads a problem?

A forum relies upon it to survive.

Panzerknacker
06-21-2008, 06:55 PM
Maybe is me... and I am becaming old and sensitive, but I believe they are too many.

Rising Sun*
06-22-2008, 05:37 AM
Maybe is me... and I am becaming old and sensitive, but I believe they are too many.

You? Sensitive? Old? Nah! :D

Seriously, it all depends upon the interpretation of 'off topic'

Most sites I've been on treat it as an area for general discussion.

For example, a boat site and a car site I was on had many and vigorous discussions in off topic about everything but cars and boats, from cooking to raising kids to politics to religion and everything else. It generated a lot of activity which, I think, flowed back into the main topics of the forum because people were engaged and posting a lot. Certainly the posters who were regularly engaged in the off topic area were almost always heavy and valuable posters in the other areas, although there were heavy and valuable posters in the other areas who rarely or never ventured into off topic.

It's rare here to have a discussion going back and forth with short intervals between posts while several members are logged on. On the other sites I mentioned it is was rare for the opposite to occur.

I think that level of off topic activity helps a site grow and survive, which is what WWIIIC deserves.

Panzerknacker
08-01-2008, 09:30 AM
I think that the Topic "The unforgiving war in East" and the other more recent open by Chevan could be easily merged, both deals with war crimes.

http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6995

http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7256

Chevan
08-01-2008, 01:30 PM
I think that the Topic "The unforgiving war in East" and the other more recent open by Chevan could be easily merged, both deals with war crimes.

http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6995

http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7256
This can be easy merged only in your technically educated but limited mind.
Those are pretty different themes , one is about behevious of soldiers in the war to each other ,the other one about Cruelty and Violence toward civils.
Still want to rule here?;)

Panzerknacker
08-01-2008, 04:22 PM
Not really, if you noticed the 2 o 3 "wochenschau" I ve posted most of the victims of russian "hordes" were civilians so....:rolleyes:

Still want to rule here?

always.

And by way: Mods watch this one.

http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/member.php?u=7099

Nickdfresh
08-01-2008, 05:21 PM

I have a feeling he won't be here long...

flamethrowerguy
08-01-2008, 08:08 PM
I have a feeling he won't be here long...

Well, that's a hell of a biography and occupation...:confused:

Panzerknacker
09-05-2008, 10:06 AM
This is a forum or a chat room ? a lot of nonsence here:

http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php?p=133782&posted=1#post133782

ptimms
09-05-2008, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by Panzerknacker

I imagine he'll try and sneak out by doing a deal with the Swedes and then take poison to avoid the embarrasment.

I was highly amused by the site statement "himmler88 has not made any friends yet" no s*** Sherlock !!

pdf27
09-05-2008, 01:56 PM
This is a forum or a chat room ? a lot of nonsence here:
If I leave them to it they'll only crayon over that thread and not the rest of the site. Sounds like a winner to me!

Nickdfresh
09-05-2008, 02:40 PM
Yeah. Um, who cares if a few posters want to blow off steam in a single thread?

Panzerknacker
09-25-2008, 10:03 PM
Wrongly placed topics, my good what a torture this newbies could be.

http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7510

http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7518

pdf27
09-26-2008, 01:48 AM
Uh... dare I suggest you go and get a life if this is your biggest worry?

herman2
09-26-2008, 07:45 AM

YA..it stinks of Gestapo tactics if you ask me. In a democracy I thought we had the right to explore off topic threads for the benefit of the masses.This forum smells of communisim when a topic is secretly censored like this. Down with the Bolshevik control we are adhering to I tell you!!....
p.s. I was just kidding...The Mods know what their doing...thats why their officers!!good work Mod-gang-Keep up the good work and don't give in to the rebels!

herman2
09-26-2008, 08:51 AM

http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7510

http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7518

I like Aly J...stop picking on her Panze...Give her a chance to mellow in...She's a bit green, but we all were once upon a time....

Panzerknacker
09-26-2008, 09:26 AM
Uh... dare I suggest you go and get a life if this is your biggest worry?

Uh ? :shock: I just want to keep the forum with some order.

what is the relation of a England topic into the German military ?

pdf27
09-26-2008, 09:29 AM
Like in your sig? :p

Not a lot, but I've got far better things to do than fix it. For instance this weekend I'm off shooting things (http://wikimapia.org/7294259/Hythe-and-Lydd-Ranges) all weekend :D

herman2
09-26-2008, 09:34 AM
WOW..Hythe and Lydd Ranges ..very cool PDF..Have a Great weekend!!..I wish I could come.....

Panzerknacker
09-26-2008, 09:37 AM
Man, If you cant do a simple task like moving a topic...:roll:

By the way I usually I am acussed of overeacting but that comment "get a life" is one that you should spare.

navyson
09-26-2008, 09:38 AM
Like in your sig? :p

Not a lot, but I've got far better things to do than fix it. For instance this weekend I'm off shooting things (http://wikimapia.org/7294259/Hythe-and-Lydd-Ranges) all weekend :D
With all the tracks in the sand just what are you allowed to shoot?:mrgreen:(meaning green with envy!) And when you're done shooting, looks like you can kick back on the beach;)

Nickdfresh
09-27-2008, 07:25 PM
YA..it stinks of Gestapo tactics if you ask me. In a democracy I thought we had the right to explore off topic threads for the benefit of the masses.This forum smells of communisim when a topic is secretly censored like this. Down with the Bolshevik control we are adhering to I tell you!!....
p.s. I was just kidding...The Mods know what their doing...thats why their officers!!good work Mod-gang-Keep up the good work and don't give in to the rebels!

Herman, you seem to becoming a bit of what we shall politely refer too as, oh, a shit-stirrer...

Nickdfresh
09-27-2008, 07:32 PM
Man, If you cant do a simple task like moving a topic...:roll:

By the way I usually I am acussed of overeacting but that comment "get a life" is one that you should spare.

I guess I'm the "duty officer" this weekend as pdf is out shooting trees with his Enfield and making cute little bunny characters out of semtex...:D

And oh Christ, I moved the topics!

Actually, that's not the problem. The real problem here is that we're getting a lot of newbs --and I am not naming names-- that don't know their asses from Operation Barbarossa. Not a big deal if they're here to read and learn, but I've never seen the amount of crap thread starting in the past few weeks as we've had since I've been here...

I know a site like this will attract young kids interested in history, but with little background beyond their high school class taught by a high school history teacher that really doesn't have much depth on WWII to begin with. But I wish they were a bit more respectful and didn't start threads using text messaging speak and refrained from making borderline retarded, historically inaccurate statements and at least read a Wiki page on their interests..

This is an issue that needs addressing, as I am receiving complaints on it!

Nickdfresh
09-27-2008, 07:37 PM
Stickying this!

herman2
09-29-2008, 08:27 AM
I guess I'm the "duty officer" this weekend as pdf is out shooting trees with his Enfield and making cute little bunny characters out of semtex...:D

Actually, that's not the problem. The real problem here is that we're getting a lot of newbs --and I am not naming names-- that don't know their asses from Operation Barbarossa. Not a big deal if they're here to read and learn, but I've never seen the amount of crap thread starting in the past few weeks as we've had since I've been here...

I know a site like this will attract young kids interested in history, but with little background beyond their high school class taught by a high school history teacher that really doesn't have much depth on WWII to begin with. But I wish they were a bit more respectful and didn't start threads using text messaging speak and refrained from making borderline retarded, historically inaccurate statements and at least read a Wiki page on their interests..

This is an issue that needs addressing, as I am receiving complaints on it!

YA Nick!..You do something about it!..I myself limit myself to Off Topic threads as I don't have the expertise as you guys, in case you haven't noticed. I miss the philosophical and stategic war threads and responses that use to be here. I kow you can get the job done Nick. Take No Prisoners and do something. You hit the Nail on the Head. Thank god you noticed this problem too. I thank you Great Nick the Mod in doing something about this. I know we can count on you. (I don't know about PDF) but you, I can say are a man of action, thus I am seeing eye to eye with you, on this one:)

aly j
09-29-2008, 09:32 AM

OH boo hoo have a cry over 2 post being wrong i didt mean it. I posted them then realized they were wrong.
U can cry on my shoulder if you want too :roll:

pdf27
09-29-2008, 01:59 PM
Speaking of bunnies, I was stunned how many rabbit holes there were on the IBSR range... although thinking about it every single one of them was in dead ground. I can't help feeling that anyone wanting to invade Kent needs to watch out for the local Lagomorphs!

With all the tracks in the sand just what are you allowed to shoot?:mrgreen:(meaning green with envy!) And when you're done shooting, looks like you can kick back on the beach;)
Zoom in closer. Those aren't tracks, they're either roads (between ranges) or in places what the rounds going downrange have ploughed up. Oh, and it isn't sand, it's shingle (pebbles about an inch across). I should know, I spent enough time sprinting/crawling on it over the weekend while shooting at things!

herman2
09-29-2008, 02:02 PM
Your the man PDF!...WOW , must be so cool shooting off a load in the IBSR range. Your the Man!:mrgreen:

navyson
09-29-2008, 02:14 PM
Speaking of bunnies, I was stunned how many rabbit holes there were on the IBSR range... although thinking about it every single one of them was in dead ground. I can't help feeling that anyone wanting to invade Kent needs to watch out for the local Lagomorphs!

Zoom in closer. Those aren't tracks, they're either roads (between ranges) or in places what the rounds going downrange have ploughed up. Oh, and it isn't sand, it's shingle (pebbles about an inch across). I should know, I spent enough time sprinting/crawling on it over the weekend while shooting at things!
My respect sir! I'm still green with envy:mrgreen:!

pdf27
09-29-2008, 02:20 PM
It was fun, but hard work. My legs haven't wanted to work all day, which is more than slightly embarassing.

navyson
09-29-2008, 03:02 PM
It was fun, but hard work. My legs haven't wanted to work all day, which is more than slightly embarassing.
Well, sad to say, I've only felt that way after a long weekend of paintball. Not quite the same vein as you!:)

Panzerknacker
10-05-2008, 07:38 PM

Thanks, honestly the rude reply by pdf caught me completely by surprize, to tell me "get a life" like if I was 24 hours online when actually I have to scratch time from here and from there to make some posting is really insulting.

It seems I overrated pdf, he actually have no the morals or intellectual qualities than I thought. Just one more in the mediocres club.

Nickdfresh
10-05-2008, 08:21 PM

You should never be embarrassed about that. Those you work with that don't appreciate should be embarrassed!

Nickdfresh
10-05-2008, 08:23 PM
Thanks, honestly the rude reply by pdf caught me completely by surprize, to tell me "get a life" like if I was 24 hours online when actually I have to scratch time from here and from there to make some posting is really insulting.

It seems I overrated pdf, he actually have no the morals or intellectual qualities than I thought. Just one more in the mediocres club.

You don't need to insult him. He hath all of the above...Except the morals (but who need those?). :D

aly j
10-05-2008, 11:41 PM

PDF27, what do you do? Are you a hunter or something like that?:cool: