PDA

View Full Version : "KURSK" - the submarine's wreckage photos

Egorka
11-29-2007, 06:16 PM
Hi,

In the link further down you can see some photos of the russian "Kursk" submarine after it was lifted out of the sea.
It is a russian blog entry: http://community.livejournal.com/warhistory/844960.html

Panzerknacker
11-29-2007, 06:42 PM
Very interesting link.

The damage seems irreparable to me.

tankgeezer
11-29-2007, 07:47 PM
Word around the campfire is that the Kursk was carrying something that someone else didnt want them to have,and were perhaps going to a place those someones didnt want them to go.

diverdoc
11-29-2007, 10:22 PM
Word around the campfire is that the Kursk was carrying something that someone else didnt want them to have,and were perhaps going to a place those someones didnt want them to go.

man, that sound slike a good movie idea....i need to start writing!!! wonder if connery is free? PK, i think you may be right on that call!

tankgeezer
11-30-2007, 12:08 AM
connery might be available, but I doubt he'd be free,,,,Ha! I dont know why they would attempt to rebuild the Kursk, beyond public demand, or as a monument to those who died in the boat, beyond that,there seems no reason(to me personally) Perhaps one of our Eastern members can tell us.

Egorka
11-30-2007, 04:35 AM
"KURSK" was not ment for repear. It was scrapped.

And yes there are conspiracy theories. I have to say that some interesting facts support it. But it is abviosly mainly in the realm that we, ordinary people, can only guess about.

tankgeezer
11-30-2007, 12:27 PM
Sad, but true Igor, No one will ever know the whole truth of it, but maybe thats not a bad thing. Still, it would be nice to have the Kursk as a memorial.

kallinikosdrama1992
12-25-2007, 10:42 AM
i can't find the article i read once about the sub . could someone remind what happend ?