PDA

View Full Version : US Navy Building--a swastika?

ww2admin
09-27-2007, 10:03 AM
Check this out....a US Navy building....now they are gonna spend over $4 million or something like that to "fix" it.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z35/Georgpl/Navymistake.jpg

Gen. Sandworm
09-27-2007, 11:16 AM
Well the Pentagon doesn't have the best design either. The symbol is usually associated with evil. Maybe the US military should think about their building designs a bit better. ;)

Firefly
09-27-2007, 01:14 PM
I wouldnt bother fixing it. Unless it was intentional of course.

AllHailCesar
09-28-2007, 03:12 AM
US Navy to Alter "Swastika" Building Due to Web Maps
Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:13PM EDT
See Comments (555)
Your tax dollars at work: The US Navy will be spending about $600,000 to redesign or camouflage a 1960s barracks building in San Diego because of complaints that it looks like a swastika when viewed from the air. In the past this might have been a problem only for the occasional air traveler who happened over Coronado island, but with the advent of aerial mapping and visualization tools like Google Earth, everyone can see anything from the sky. In fact, many people have made a game out of finding oddities in satellite photos.

Now it's one thing to see landmarks like this and snicker over a designer's missteps 40 years ago (the Navy says it noticed the shape but that it didn't think anyone would see it from above), but it's another thing altogether to complain to the Navy about the shape of a building when viewed from space. But people really seem to have the time on their hands: The Navy says it's been inundated with complaints; enough, I suppose, to justify spending that much money on new structures and extra bushes. It's the first known case of its kind.

So what will the building look like when the job is done, I wonder? A set of four connected squares? A pinwheel formed from triangles? Post your ideas for what the Navy ought to do out of the wayward swastika here and we'll see if we can't pass them along to the powers that be.

LINK: Google Maps Causes US Navy To Change Its Swastika Building

Chevan
09-28-2007, 03:34 AM
Well the Pentagon doesn't have the best design either. The symbol is usually associated with evil. Maybe the US military should think about their building designs a bit better. ;)

It's too late Gen;)
The "Great satan" has already begin the plan of "capturing the world" ;):D

Cheers.

Chevan
09-28-2007, 03:40 AM
I wouldnt bother fixing it. Unless it was intentional of course.

Be sure it was intentional Firefly.
Another matter is - had the building organisation the "evil aims" ot it was just a nice joke;)
It's not secret in the beginning of the 1960 when the positions of the anti-color movenments were still strong in the America.
It might be a sign for the afro-americans and others;)

Kovalski
09-28-2007, 04:02 AM
In my opinion it some kind of exaggeration.
It similar to some quite weird behaviors we used to have in Poland.
Some groups of bigot old grannies specialized themselves in finding the face of Jesus's Mother everywhere.
Imagine the situation that after you cleaned the window in your kitchen, you suddenly discover the crowd praying in front of your kitchen. You ask yourself why?
The answer is: because someone saw a stain on the glass and he believes that is a new revelation!
The scale of such exaggerations become a cause of jokes - think twice before you clean a stain, maybe it is a face of Jesus's Mother?

Rising Sun*
09-28-2007, 06:37 AM
Some people really need to get their hands off their tools and worry about something that's of even minor significance.

What next? Earth looks round from space, sort of like an eye in the sky if we ignore 99.99 infinite % of the rest of space.

Shit! We'd better elongate it into an ellipse, so we don't offend the majority Asian population on the planet, none of whom actually managed to get anything into space until they borrowed American and Russian technology long after the first pictures of the planet were taken.

Shit! That just proves that America and Russia rode roughshod over the legitimate aspirations of other peoples by getting into space first.

Shit! If only the Russians hadn't sent Laika the dog into space in 1957. What an insult, using a dog instead of a minority group like Negroes, which were a bit thin on the ground in Russia at the time, or an Asian, of which Russia had plenty.

Not to mention that viewed from the earth clouds are white. Shouldn't they be coffee coloured, or yellowish, to embrace everyone on this harmonious, peace loving planet? Why aren't the full military resources of the USA devoted to correcting this discriminatory colour imbalance?

Wait till the whingers find out about the pre-WWII American unit that had the swastika as its emblem. What are they going to do to make that conform with their rigid demands for the world to meet their impossible standards? Kill all the descendants of the men in that unit?

There's no shortage of people looking for ways to be offended, and demanding that governments do something to stop them being offended. And no shortage of weak-kneed politicians just waiting to jump to their bidding.

Sometimes I wish I was the government boss so that, after deep and careful consideration of their arguments, I could give them my considered response:

Go and stick you head up a dead bear's bum, you ****ing whiney little shit!

Chevan
09-28-2007, 06:56 AM
Shit! If only the Russians hadn't sent Laika the dog into space in 1957. What an insult, using a dog instead of a minority group like Negroes, which were a bit thin on the ground in Russia at the time, or an Asian, of which Russia had plenty.

We had to send the Laika in the 1957 coz the Amreicans refused to export us the enough Negroes for the space experiments;)
The Asians in soviet Middle Asia were TOO FAT.
So the choise fall out to the dogs. Poor dogy;)

Kovalski
09-28-2007, 07:04 AM
We had to send the Laika in the 1957 coz the Amreicans refused to export us the enough Negroes for the space experiments;)
So the choise fall out to the dogs. Poor dogy;)

Chevan, you're possessed :]

Rising Sun*
09-28-2007, 08:18 AM

Russia should have got one from a gulag. :)

Or were they the ones that got too much food? :D

Rising Sun*
09-28-2007, 08:30 AM

This was another failure of Russian space technology. ;)

The Americans would have exported a Negro, in the same way that they'd imported thousands of them as slaves, but export controls required the receiving country to treat Negroes the same as America treated them.

This meant that a Negro cosmonaut had to sit at the back of the Sputnik, like Negroes had to sit at the back of buses in America's South.

The Americans didn't have any problem with a Negro sitting behind a dog, but the Russians couldn't fit them both in.

So the dog got the space gig. :D

Chevan
09-28-2007, 08:30 AM
Russia should have got one from a gulag. :)

Or were they the ones that got too much food? :D
The gulag was practically full liquidated after death of Comride Stalin.So there is no a lot of candidates to be the first astronaut;)
But i heared the some of afro-americans in USA were agree for any work for the food. Good pay load for the russian space missles;)

Chevan
09-28-2007, 08:42 AM
The Americans didn't have any problem with a Negro sitting behind a dog, but the Russians couldn't fit them both in.

Why we could not fit them both in Sputnik mate.
It's should be very practical decision - if the dog died first , Negro will have enough meat for the continie of fly. If the Negro died first - the dog will happy too.;)

BTW why we do tell as the finished lunatic rasists mate?
You as the lawyer should know the possible nagative consequences;)

All foolish kidding....I like the negroes.

Rising Sun*
09-28-2007, 09:03 AM
Why we could not fit them both in Sputnik mate.
It's should be very practical decision - if the dog died first , Negro will have enough meat for the continie of fly. If the Negro died first - the dog will happy too.;)

That's probably why they didn't do it.

The Sputnik weight needed to be constant to calculate re-entry etc.

Maybe they could cope with the loss of the dog, but not the other way around. :D

BTW why we do tell as the finished lunatic rasists mate?

Why does it have to be about race? Aren't dogs people? :D

You as the lawyer should know the possible nagative consequences;)

On earth. But we're talking about space, where all animals are equal. Then again, as Orwell said, some animals are more equal than others. It was the pigs who said that. Hard to believe that it could be a metaphor for politicians. :D

All foolish kidding....I like the negroes.

On the basis of the huge population of Negroes, or as they are now known as African Americans in America and Africans outside America unless they're African Americans from America visiting Africa in which case they're African Americans in Africa unless they're Africans (excluding white South Africans, white former Rhodesians now former Zimbabweans, white former Belgian Congolese etc but excluding South African coloureds of Indian and Asian descent but not including Ugandan Asians who had a differernt set of problems and so on with Angola etc .........) visiting America in which case they're Africans in America but not African Americans ... ... My brain hurts!

Anyway, I bet Russians are being swamped by all the African American ghettoes pumping out gangsta rap to keep the Hispanics out of the 'hood where the true Russians live. :D

tankgeezer
09-28-2007, 09:05 AM
Hello Gents, The Swastika building is only part of the controversy. It seems that long before poor demented Adolph, usurped the Hakenkreutz, it was considered a symbol of good fortune, and success. Originally a bindrune, a combination of 2 or more "runes" which were letters of a Norse alphabet, and were also said to control mystical power. These symbols were used by many cultures over thousands of years, for protection, safety, luck and other good fortune until Adolph stole it to assist his aims. then it became a symbol of evil, and no -one wanted it around anymore.
The design was incorporated into everyday things, tiles at the waterline of swimming pools, (a once popular tradition where I live,) and in the brickwork of buildings.
So to see an entire building constructed in the shape, isnt a surprise really, it would be interesting to find out why it was built that way. the Photos: Left, A place of worship in India. Center, A Roman floor mosaic, And Right, a square, or garden in Europe.

Rising Sun*
09-28-2007, 09:08 AM
So to see an entire building constructed in the shape, isnt a surprise really, it would be interesting to find out why it was built that way.

If architects were involved, it was probably an accident. :D

tankgeezer
09-28-2007, 09:15 AM
If architects were involved, it was probably an accident. :D Particularly if they were government architects :)

Rising Sun*
09-28-2007, 09:24 AM
Particularly if they were government architects :)

Perhaps not.

Most accidents in government are intentional.

They just don't start out that way. :D

tankgeezer
09-28-2007, 10:29 AM
It's too late Gen;)
The "Great satan" has already begin the plan of "capturing the world" ;):D

Cheers.Its worse than you feared Chevan. The Great Satan (Wal-Mart) has been devouring the known world for some time.....:) A packman smilie would go well here,,,

Drake
09-28-2007, 01:38 PM
I find the reactions to such incidents rather annoying, people always get hysterical about stuff related to the Nazis, even if there is hardly a reason. I don't think for a split second, that the Navy intended to make a political statement with that building and I doubt anyone working there has ever bothered to even think about it before some nutjob spent to much time in google earth. I bet if you look hard enough you will find plenty of swastikas in any landscape around the globe, streets, buildings, whatever and after all the nazi only occupied the symbol as has already been stated before.

Egorka
09-28-2007, 02:52 PM
What is that in the middle of the building? A gray tree? A gray cloud?
Looks strange? Does it meen the picture was photoshoped?

Nickdfresh
09-28-2007, 05:24 PM
I find the reactions to such incidents rather annoying, people always get hysterical about stuff related to the Nazis, even if there is hardly a reason. I don't think for a split second, that the Navy intended to make a political statement with that building and I doubt anyone working there has ever bothered to even think about it before some nutjob spent to much time in google earth. I bet if you look hard enough you will find plenty of swastikas in any landscape around the globe, streets, buildings, whatever and after all the nazi only occupied the symbol as has already been stated before.

This story was finally in the media today in the US. I have no idea what the architect was thinking. But, the swastika was a nature symbol that North American Native Americans used to decorate their shelters and the like - long before the Nazis hijacked it...

Splinter54
09-28-2007, 05:56 PM
I was just wondering about the fact, that i always just rushed through my homecity without looking around me :(
http://www.thirdreichruins.com/reichsadler.htm

Scroll down (it's at the very end) or search the page for "Hakenkreuzhaus" - there you see a house which was really intended to look like a swastika.

Firefly
09-28-2007, 06:12 PM
Another matter is - had the building organisation the "evil aims" ot it was just a nice joke;)
It's not secret in the beginning of the 1960 when the positions of the anti-color movenments were still strong in the America.

I reserve the right to say 'bollocks' to the above.

tankgeezer
09-29-2007, 03:12 PM
Hello Chevan,the building in question is most probably just a fluke, no intentions of any kind behind its design. If it was built before the 30's, it would be a good luck charme to make it that way. Much in the way some Abbey's and churches were constructed in the shape of a cross.

Rising Sun*
09-30-2007, 07:43 AM
The American 45th Division had the swastika as its original emblem, but not derived from the same source as the Nazi one

http://www.45thdivisionmuseum.com/History/SwastikaToThunderbird.html

For a bit more on the swastika, from a well informed but perhaps not entirely objective source

http://rexcurry.net/45th-infantry-division-swastika-sooner-soldiers.html

My understanding has always been that its earliest forms are found in India.

AllHailCesar
09-30-2007, 10:32 AM
I can think of a hell of alot of better ways to spent tax money.

That's a lot of cash to piss away because some might be offended....where do we draw the line?

tankgeezer
09-30-2007, 03:02 PM

That's a lot of cash to piss away because some might be offended....where do we draw the line?
Agreed AHC , its much ado about nothing. Sorry old Adolph stole it, and had it for 12 little years,, so why demonize it forever. Time to let such things go I think. Besides, the american biker culture took it(the German style swastika) away from the nazis back in the late 40's, and have kept it ever since.

tankgeezer
09-30-2007, 03:37 PM
The Swastika is said to be a conbination of runes, in this case "Eihwaz" It generally means victory through struggle, a desired outcome born of great effort. (its sigil, or symbol is the left image.) when this rune is paired, crossed at the centers, it creates what is called a "bindrune" and this sigil combines the "powers" of the joined runes.In the case of joining the same rune, it amplifies the powers of the rune.
It was a process used in many cultures, Norse, Galls, Gaels, Celts,Teutons, etc. to bring about desired conditions and outcomes. These runes were also used as an alphabet.
The insignia of the S.S. is based on the repeated rune "sowulo" (Sun) and means Ultimate success,quickly gained,as a stroke of lightning. Sowulo is also the letter "S" (its sigil is the right image) and looks like a lightning bolt.Although it is not technically a bindrune double Sowulo does reinforce the power over a single rune. In this case, it may mean only S.S. for schutze staffle. anyway, I though it might be interesting to give a bit of the history behind these symbols.

Chevan
10-01-2007, 12:44 AM
Hello Chevan,the building in question is most probably just a fluke, no intentions of any kind behind its design. If it was built before the 30's, it would be a good luck charme to make it that way. Much in the way some Abbey's and churches were constructed in the shape of a cross.
Hi mate.
Well if it was build before 30's this is OTHER matter.
But the our friedn AllHailCesar wrote

The US Navy will be spending about $600,000 to redesign or camouflage a 1960s barracks building in San Diego
So i thought IF it was build in the 1960 - there is no any doubts that the architect clearly know what does mean the Nazy swastica.
But sure in the 1930's the situation were quite different;)(...... well exept may be the racists prejudices in society, right:D)

Cheers.

Chevan
10-01-2007, 01:00 AM

Hi AllHailCesar.
I/m fully agree with you.Personaly i think that the swastica that come from the ancient timeis not so bad.
But the fact that somebody from the airplain could observe the Nazy swastica on the building - and might be offended is not rediculous.
Coz who is this group that "could be offended" we clearly know - this is the most reach and power group in USA and world;)
So i think if in the USA exist the ban to portray the Nazy swastica in films, games and ets - there is no any doubt they could sooun forbid it in the Building industry.

Cheers.

tankgeezer
10-01-2007, 01:52 AM
There is no such ban on the display of the Swastika in any of its forms, within the United States. This is guaranteed by the First amendment to our Constitution. The right to freedom of speech, and expression.
If someone wishes, (and there are some of those people here) they may parade the nazi swastika down mainstreet in front of everyone. It has happened here, many times.
And even though the building in question was built in the 60's, it still doesnt reflect any devious purpose in the design. And lets say for a moment that it was designed to infer some evil intention, there is no law prohibiting that. Its really kind of a moot point, because very few people would actually be concerned.Words and symbols are nothing to be afraid of.

tankgeezer
10-01-2007, 02:06 AM
Quote: "But sure in the 1930's the situation were quite different(...... well exept may be the racists prejudices in society, right)"

The truth of the matter is that those who would be hateful of any particular group of people were doing it long before the 19th century.What you might have seen of the 60's was at that time nothing novel, nothing new. (unfortunately,) the advent of the Nazi use of the hakenkreutz did not catalyze these events, as those responsible for that behavior here used different symbols. Like Freud said, "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" there isnt always a hidden meaning in things. But I do understand what you meant, and why you might think it. Enjoy your week Chevan, smile.

Chevan
10-01-2007, 02:44 AM
There is no such ban on the display of the Swastika in any of its forms, within the United States. This is guaranteed by the First amendment to our Constitution. The right to freedom of speech, and expression.
If someone wishes, (and there are some of those people here) they may parade the nazi swastika down mainstreet in front of everyone. It has happened here, many times.

Well mate sorry it seems i have muddled the USA and Western Europe.
However it the firsts amendment of Constitution is guaranting the freedom of speech and expression- why somebody need to rebuild the military Barraks in San Diego?

And even though the building in question was built in the 60's, it still doesnt reflect any devious purpose in the design. And lets say for a moment that it was designed to infer some evil intention, there is no law prohibiting that. Its really kind of a moot point, because very few people would actually be concerned.Words and symbols are nothing to be afraid of.
Agree. Nevertheless could you explain WHY they want to spend a big money from budget for the rebuilding?
Especially If there is no law prohibiting that?

tankgeezer
10-01-2007, 07:48 AM
Quote: "Agree. Nevertheless could you explain WHY they want to spend a big money from budget for the rebuilding?
Especially If there is no law prohibiting that"

Ah my dear Chevan, there is the rub, you must be part American, as we cant figure it out either. it is just some worried little bureaucrat concerned that someone, somewhere might take offense at the shape of the building.. Most Americans would vote not to change it, cost too much to do it.

Rising Sun*
10-01-2007, 08:38 AM
Like Freud said, "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" there isnt always a hidden meaning in things.

How would Freud have interpreted Bill Clinton, Monica Lewinsky, and their cigar?

There's a few years of psychiatric conferences there. :D

Then again, Freud was a cokehead, so he can be forgiven for getting a few things wrong.

Rising Sun*
10-01-2007, 09:05 AM
Ah my dear Chevan, there is the rub, you must be part American, as we cant figure it out either. it is just some worried little bureaucrat concerned that someone, somewhere might take offense at the shape of the building.. Most Americans would vote to change it, cost too much to do it.

There comes a time in the affairs of men when it's time to say: Enough!

To paraphrase Lincoln: Some of the people will be offended all of the time; all of the people will be offended some of the time; but it takes a really stupid publicly funded arsehole to believe that all of the people are offended all of the time by every pissy little thing that might offend some nutcase who lives to be offended by everything and that the government and society have a duty to stop such over-sensitive nutcases being offended by everything that doesn't look and think and act like them.

That publicly funded arsehole will usually have a title like Anti-Discrimination Commissioner; Equal Opportunity Commissioner; Privacy Commissioner; Positive Discrimination Commissioner; Commissioner for Mediating the Rights of Whales and Krill to Co-Operative Whale Consumption of Krill Without Upsetting Krill; etc. The frightening thing is that these publicly funded people are quite moderate, compared with the people who complain to them.

Personally, if I was running the the USN I'd order that the buildings be painted black; that the gardens be replaced by a circle of white gravel around the buildings; and that the surrouding carparks be painted red. Then people in aeroplanes would have something to get really pissed off about, in the few weeks before I got fired. Not a great way to end a career, but it'd be a lot of fun for someone just once to stand up to the bullshit that runs the modern Western world.

tankgeezer
10-01-2007, 09:26 AM
Quote: "How would Freud have interpreted Bill Clinton, Monica Lewinsky, and their cigar?"

I'll have to ask my esteemed colleague Dr. Groucho Marx to answer that one,,,(Something about finding an Elephant in his pajamas,and how she got in his pajamas we'll never know,,,,,):mrgreen:

tankgeezer
10-01-2007, 02:42 PM
Quote: "Well mate sorry it seems i have muddled the USA and Western Europe.
However it the firsts amendment of Constitution is guaranting the freedom of speech and expression- why somebody need to rebuild the military Barraks in San Diego"

It happens Chevan, never fear. I am just astounded by the reaction to this one little complex in our great big country. There are early fortifications in the U.S. that are shaped somewhat like a 6 pointed star, but no one makes a fuss over that having a subtle, alterior meaning, people amaze me .

AllHailCesar
10-01-2007, 02:50 PM
Agreed AHC , its much ado about nothing. Sorry old Adolph stole it, and had it for 12 little years,, so why demonize it forever. Time to let such things go I think. Besides, the american biker culture took it(the German style swastika) away from the nazis back in the late 40's, and have kept it ever since.

Very good point...........kinda like taking the Confederate battle flag off of state flags because some get upset. Nevermind that the Civil War was fought over more than just slavery. Anyone interested in that time period has to becareful that they don't get labled a racist.

Drake
10-01-2007, 04:14 PM
Personally, if I was running the the USN I'd order that the buildings be painted black; that the gardens be replaced by a circle of white gravel around the buildings; and that the surrouding carparks be painted red. Then people in aeroplanes would have something to get really pissed off about, in the few weeks before I got fired. Not a great way to end a career, but it'd be a lot of fun for someone just once to stand up to the bullshit that runs the modern Western world.

:lol:

tankgeezer
10-02-2007, 01:23 PM
Very good point...........kinda like taking the Confederate battle flag off of state flags because some get upset. Nevermind that the Civil War was fought over more than just slavery. Anyone interested in that time period has to becareful that they don't get labled a racist.
Some people just look ,and wait for something to be offended by,,, and if nothing real happens by, then they'll pick a fight with whatever is available.
In spite of all of the negative press the stars&bars have gotten, you still see it all over the country.(though more in the South.) Its as much a part of our Nation's history as anything else, and is not a symbol of slavery. Though some folks prefer to see it as such. (sounds like a personal problem to me,,, :) )

Chevan
10-03-2007, 01:08 AM
There are early fortifications in the U.S. that are shaped somewhat like a 6 pointed star, but no one makes a fuss over that having a subtle, alterior meaning, people amaze me .
Sure my friend nobody will fuss about David's star in USA;):D
I just wonder - why this sign is not in the American flag yet;)

Cheers.

tankgeezer
10-03-2007, 02:20 AM
Sure my friend nobody will fuss about David's star in USA;):D
I just wonder - why this sign is not in the American flag yet;)

Cheers.

Oddly enough Chevan, the six pointed star is also a symbol in American Indian culture, just as the shape of the swastika is.I always found that to be amusing.:)

AllHailCesar
10-03-2007, 02:55 AM
Some people just look ,and wait for something to be offended by,,, and if nothing real happens by, then they'll pick a fight with whatever is available.
In spite of all of the negative press the stars&bars have gotten, you still see it all over the country.(though more in the South.) Its as much a part of our Nation's history as anything else, and is not a symbol of slavery. Though some folks prefer to see it as such. (sounds like a personal problem to me,,, :) )

I work in the public sector and political correctness is in overkill mode, so I guess I'm hypersensitive to it.

Firefly
10-03-2007, 04:06 AM
Well mate sorry it seems i have muddled the USA and Western Europe.

Only in Austria and Germany as far as I'm aware. I can walk down the street waving one too, if I wanted to of course.

Chevan
10-03-2007, 05:47 AM
Only in Austria and Germany as far as I'm aware. I can walk down the street waving one too, if I wanted to of course.
i would like to watch this show Firefly;)
Well you right The mainly Austria and Germany in Europe has the special anti-swastic law.
Howerer the reality of life is that Wiki write

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika
Taboo in Western countries
Because of its use by Hitler and the Nazis and, in modern times, by neo-Nazis and other hate groups, for many people in the West, the swastika is associated primarily with Nazism and white supremacy. Hence, outside historical contexts, it has become taboo in Western countries. The historical context of architectural decorations has sometimes been ignored in local efforts to remove swastikas from pre-World War II buildings.

So if you just try to wear the swastica- you could easy be blamed as neo-nazy extremists in any State.
Besides there are the publical organisation that could blame you in the insulting of memory perished peoples in the ww2 and ( mainly victims of Holocaust).
Meanwhile there a some of smal local groups of neo-nazy in the different Western State are.
This is for instance the demonstration in USA ( Omaha 2007)
http://www.nsm88.org/photos/omaha_2007/img_3205-797055_a_450.jpg
http://www.nukeisrael.com/Omaharally.html
My friend Nick has already heared about those retards from NSM party;)
Although they could march in USA - the any possibilities to express their points in mass media is forbidden for them.

Chevan
10-03-2007, 05:51 AM
Oddly enough Chevan, the six pointed star is also a symbol in American Indian culture, just as the shape of the swastika is.I always found that amusing.:)
Oh come on mate.
I was just kidding ;)

Rising Sun*
10-03-2007, 09:15 AM
So if you just try to wear the swastica- you could easy be blamed as neo-nazy extremists in any State.

Not at all.

A future king of England can wear it without breaking the law, although it did upset some people. Rather surprising, given the sympathy the abdicating King of England had for the Nazis before WWII, along with just about every other bit of aristocracy and serious money in the Western world, and Japan, in those rabidly anti-communist times.

http://www.digidiary.co.uk/blogxml_central/blogxml_digidiary/fck/userimages/prince_harry_naziCrop2.jpg

Nickdfresh
10-03-2007, 10:18 AM

Not just the swastika, the band KI$$ had too change their "SS" logo...

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/3/39/Kiss_Killers_Album_Cover.jpg
The German Release

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/2663/3079ud8.jpg
The rest of Europe

George Eller
10-03-2007, 01:36 PM
Not just the swastika, the band KI$$ had too change their "SS" logo...

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/3/39/Kiss_Killers_Album_Cover.jpg
The German Release

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/2663/3079ud8.jpg
The rest of Europe

-

And interestingly, Gene Simmons (Chaim Witz / חיים וויץ ), the lead singer of KISS is an Israeli-American and the son of a Holocaust survivor. :)

Gene Simmons
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_Simmons

-

tankgeezer
10-03-2007, 04:21 PM
Oh come on mate.
I was just kidding ;)
Chevan relax buddy, I know you were kidding,,, :D dont worry. my response was in a humorous tone, tho it may get lost in translation. It is true about the american Indians and their sacred symbols,, both the six point, and the hakenkreutz are there.tho sometimes, the arms go the other direction.
Chevan, if I may ask you, what age group are you in? 20-30, 30-40, 40-50 etc. only if you want to answer tho,,

Drake
10-03-2007, 04:46 PM
You won't even get a license plate for your car with an SS or HJ (just normal letters, not even runes or sth) or things like that in it here in germany, which is kinda stupid for persons whose first and last name starts with those letters. As personalized plates (like in the US) are not allowed it's quite common to ask for a license plate with letters that are an abbreviation of your name, so those people have to think of something else to remember the plate better :roll: :lol:

Rising Sun*
10-04-2007, 10:28 AM
You won't even get a license plate for your car with an SS or HJ (just normal letters, not even runes or sth) or things like that in it here in germany, which is kinda stupid for persons whose first and last name starts with those letters. As personalized plates (like in the US) are not allowed it's quite common to ask for a license plate with letters that are an abbreviation of your name, so those people have to think of something else to remember the plate better :roll: :lol:

It's an interesting situation when Germany excludes a significant part of its history - the most significant part of its recent history in world terms - from its modern life for good motives by, in a sense, sweeping it under the carpet, when Japan does the same thing for bad motives.

Germany may have gone too far. Japan not far enough.

Nickdfresh
10-04-2007, 06:49 PM
-

And interestingly, Gene Simmons (Chaim Witz / חיים וויץ ), the lead singer of KISS is an Israeli-American and the son of a Holocaust survivor. :)

Gene Simmons

-

Paul Stanley is Jewish as well. Though I'm not sure if the other original members Ace and Peter were or not...

George Eller
10-05-2007, 01:21 AM
-

Gene Simmons

-

Paul Stanley is Jewish as well. Though I'm not sure if the other original members Ace and Peter were or not...
-

You are correct Nick - Paul Stanley (Stanley Harvey Eisen) is also Jewish.

Jewsrock.org

The Challah Fame ;)
http://www.jewsrock.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=challah.view&page=K

Kiss
Born Chaim Witz, Gene Simmons grew up attending yeshiva in Brooklyn (his upbringing was so Jewish that when he first saw a picture of Santa Claus, he figured the bearded guy must be a rabbi). Simmons began playing with fellow Hebrew Paul Stanley (Stanley Harvey Eisen) in a band called Wicked Lester, but the two soon joined forces with Peter Criss and Ace Frehley to form a group positioned somewhere between the macho end of glam and the theatrical end of hard rock. Kiss came out in 1974 and went up to 87 on the US charts; with 1975ís single "Rock and Roll All Nite" off the live album Alive, the boys behind the make-up became bona fide rock stars. The single "Beth" went to the Top Ten in 1977 and the 1979 album Dynasty also went platinum, but after all of this success, Peter Criss decided he wanted out. KISSís fortune went downhill from there, spiking briefly in 1983 when the remaining band members (Ace Frehley had left by the point too) appeared for the first time in public without the make-up. Several reunions and much controversy later, Chaim Witz is still going strong Ė last winter saw him as a guest judge beside fellow Yid Paula Abdul on this seasonís American Idol. Read more about Kiss in A One For the Money, a Two for the Money. http://www.jewsrock.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=words.view&wordid=FADBA487-CA10-4241-A3E5AD30C9F419E4

http://www.jewsrock.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=challah.view&page=S

I didn't know Paula Abdul was Jewish, but evidently so :)
http://www.jewsrock.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=challah.view&page=A

-

Cuts
10-05-2007, 04:36 AM
How would Freud have interpreted Bill Clinton, Monica Lewinsky, and their cigar?

There's a few years of psychiatric conferences there. :D

Then again, Freud was a cokehead, so he can be forgiven for getting a few things wrong.

On the subject of which, just over two months ago a very special birthday was celebrated; Monica Lewinsky turned 34 - can you believe it?

It seems like only yesterday she was crawling around the White House on her hands and knees, and putting everything in her mouth.

They grow up so fast, don't they?

Rising Sun*
10-05-2007, 06:56 AM
On the subject of which, just over two months ago a very special birthday was celebrated; Monica Lewinsky turned 34 - can you believe it?

It seems like only yesterday she was crawling around the White House on her hands and knees, and putting everything in her mouth.

They grow up so fast, don't they?

:D

Here's a sequel by an Australian satirical program with Hillary Clinton earlier this year. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZFB-sokfyo

I don't know why people think Australians are insensitive and uncouth. ;)

natacha
10-09-2007, 04:46 PM
http://i21.servimg.com/u/f21/11/02/22/32/th/imgp0010.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=63&u=11022232)

A street in oslo ... it's a new piece of evidence ... :mrgreen:

Nickdfresh
10-18-2007, 04:29 PM
-

You are correct Nick - Paul Stanley (Stanley Harvey Eisen) is also Jewish.

Jewsrock.org

The Challah Fame ;)
http://www.jewsrock.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=challah.view&page=K

http://www.jewsrock.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=challah.view&page=S

I didn't know Paula Abdul was Jewish, but evidently so :)
http://www.jewsrock.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=challah.view&page=A

-

Then there's the greatest Jew-rocker of them all:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/Nickdfresh/VanHalen.jpg
(left);)

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/index.php?s=

George Eller
10-18-2007, 04:47 PM

(left);)

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/index.php?s=
-

Oh yeah ;)

Mr David Lee Roth of Van Halen fame. :)

-

Chevan
10-19-2007, 01:56 AM

(left);)

Couple of crazy jews;)

Uyraell
02-12-2009, 07:26 AM
Check this out....a US Navy building....now they are gonna spend over $4 million or something like that to "fix" it.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z35/Georgpl/Navymistake.jpg

I saw this on Google Earth last year, and followed up a few threads.
Apparently, the building was designed in early 1942 and finished by late 1942.
What all those politically-correct idiots are jumping about and down about VERY conveniently overlooks one small detail.

If a person using Google earth looks back up the road a ways, there is another building "pointing" at the Swastika building. This second building is in the shape of a bomber aircraft.
Between the two buildings is a garden plot, in the shape of a bomb, the tip of which is aimed at the swastika building.

In short, the three should be taken in context together, and "read" as the USN intent to "bomb fascism off the planet". Caricature architecture, while a rare outgrowth of the 1930's art-deco movement was NOT a total rarity even by the 1940's.
The architect cannot be blamed, and nor should the USN, for the fact that the better part of 70 years onward, the local trees have grown to such an extent as to mask the original caricature-architectural intent.

In short, more scare-mongering idiotic politically-correct bullshit now stalks the earth, and in complete irony, comes to represent and behave IN the very Fascist manner it purports to protest and be against.

I was thoroughly disgusted by the whole issue.

Regards, Uyraell.