PDA

View Full Version : New Staff Member!

Gen. Sandworm
08-06-2007, 04:57 AM
Would like you all to welcome pdf27 as our new moderator! He has been around the site for quite awhile and I think he will do a great job. ;)

Chevan
08-06-2007, 05:10 AM
Good new Gen.
I think pdf should be very polite and professional moderator. Besides he know the excellent the some of phisical issues

Egorka
08-06-2007, 06:04 AM
Good choice!

Though DOC format is more spread than PDF.

;)

GermanSoldier
08-06-2007, 10:50 AM
Nobody deserves it better. Good job pdf27. Also nice choice by the ww2incolor staff members!

Nickdfresh
08-06-2007, 11:08 AM
Congrats to him and a fine choice...

Chevan
08-06-2007, 11:09 AM
Good choice!

Though DOC format is more spread than PDF.

;)

:)
I prefere the Word forat - it let to copy and changed the text.

Nickdfresh
08-06-2007, 11:21 AM
Well, at least he's a free program...

I have to get Office 2007, my 2003 ran out and I really enjoy being overcharged for Microsh1t for stuff I should have anyways...

pdf27
08-06-2007, 12:46 PM
Only the reader. Acrobat Writer is downright expensive, although Open Office does have an equivalent...

Nickdfresh
08-06-2007, 01:34 PM
I think I need to use one of these programs; because I was writing up a lengthy response and fookin' wanted to get cute with the cut & paste, and ended up losing it all (including my mind)!

pdf27
08-06-2007, 01:38 PM
http://www.openoffice.org - the Word equivalent isn't bad, but don't even think about using the spreadsheet for anything complex involving VBA - it simply isn't up to it.

RifleMan20
08-06-2007, 06:27 PM
CONGRATS PDF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are a great choice indeed

George Eller
08-06-2007, 07:54 PM
Would like you all to welcome pdf27 as our new moderator! He has been around the site for quite awhile and I think he will do a great job. ;)
-

Good man for the job - Congratulations pdf27 :)

-

Chevan
08-07-2007, 02:04 AM

Nick do you really pay for Microsift Office?
Why, i have the pirates version - works OK;)
But probably you as former teacher of history - are the too great patriot of US- coprorations monopolists?;)

Chevan
08-07-2007, 02:07 AM
Only the reader. Acrobat Writer is downright expensive, although Open Office does have an equivalent...

Yea the ONLY Acrobat Reader is free.
However this enought convenient for the books reading and studieng of electronical chip's documentation ( that i mostly do in pdf-format).

Cheers.

pdf27
08-07-2007, 02:50 AM
However this enought convenient for the books reading and studieng of electronical chip's documentation ( that i mostly do in pdf-format).
That's how Adobe make their cash - they make sure everybody has a free copy of Acrobat Reader, then anybody who wants to publish something in write-protected format pretty much has to buy Acrobat Writer from Adobe for a big pile of cash. Smart move on their part.

Nickdfresh
08-07-2007, 08:50 AM
Nick do you really pay for Microsift Office?
Why, i have the pirates version - works OK;)
But probably you as former teacher of history - are the too great patriot of US- coprorations monopolists?;)

Yeah. I'm going to pay the $150 for the basic home/student edition, which is all I really need. I'm supposed to be grateful to Bill Gates that it's only one-and-a-half bills as opposed to $400 for the top shelf...:rolleyes: At least they've stopped demanding that one provides a school system ID to enable the program though...

It's not a money issue, it's just principle. I think basic should be on home machines and not be "trial-ware" that pisses out after 90-days...

You've just reminded me that I in fact do have a bootable pirated 2003 MO CD.:D But I stopped using it due to stability issues and the fact that MicroSh@t has actually gotten good at preventing one from getting their security updates...

I'm waiting to see which crappy major US electronics or office supply chain-store has a deal on it...

And I hate outsourcing, bribery-prone corporationist assholes as much as anybody...

P.S. - To be fair to Gates and MS though, he has done some good things with his Bill & Melinda Gates foundation (http://www.gatesfoundation.org/default.htm)...

Rising Sun*
08-08-2007, 07:17 AM
That's how Adobe make their cash - they make sure everybody has a free copy of Acrobat Reader, then anybody who wants to publish something in write-protected format pretty much has to buy Acrobat Writer from Adobe for a big pile of cash. Smart move on their part.

They don't deserve to. I uninstalled Reader yesterday because it has a known and apparently incurable fault in its AdobeUpdater.exe file which tries to update and then chomps up close to 100% of your CPU; can't stop the process; and have to reboot which takes forever.

For a while I thought Microsoft must have bought them out. :D

Congrats on the mod job. :D

Gen. Sandworm
08-08-2007, 07:25 AM
From the positive responses I think the staff has made a good decision about the choice of our new moderator.

pdf27
08-08-2007, 07:48 AM
From the positive responses I think the staff has made a good decision about the choice of our new moderator.
/me starts blushing!

1000ydstare
08-11-2007, 02:54 AM
Well in PDF.

If you need anything give me a bell, I'll soon have you trained up. :P

Gen. Sandworm
11-11-2007, 12:05 PM
So drum roll please......... :D

Here is the news. After careful thought, Nickdfresh and George Eller will be are 2 new staff members.

Also as of December 1......Dani will be stepping down as Chief Mod. His call BTW. He will remain on the staff as an adviser but will have no moderation powers. However his position will still carry alot of weight. He will also be promoted to Brigadier General for his service to the site.

Firefly will be replacing Dani as Chief Mod. So any complaints about mods (after Dec 1) are to be directed to Firefly and myself.

Thats it! Any questions!

Firefly
11-11-2007, 03:16 PM
Id just like to thank Dani for all his work here in the last 3 years, he has done an excellent job and I hope I can live up to his high standards.

Also I would like to welcome the new guys to the Modding team, I think that with their addition we have the best set of Mods the site has had since its birth.

Cheers.....

tankgeezer
11-11-2007, 04:20 PM
Piper ! Blackbear if you please! Cheers all !

George Eller
11-11-2007, 05:14 PM
Piper ! Blackbear if you please! Cheers all !

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/1008/40506001b1db7.jpg

-

Here, Here - Cheers :)

-

Gutkowski
11-11-2007, 07:07 PM
Great now the boards have gone to hell LOL Way to go you 2 !!

Dani
11-11-2007, 11:13 PM
Id just like to thank Dani for all his work here in the last 3 years, he has done an excellent job and I hope I can live up to his high standards.
Thanks mate! Keep it up!;)

Also I would like to welcome the new guys to the Modding team, I think that with their addition we have the best set of Mods the site has had since its birth.
You bet!:D

1000ydstare
11-12-2007, 12:11 AM
Congrats to one and all.

Big shoes to fill Firefly.

Rising Sun*
11-12-2007, 03:32 AM
Congrats to one and all.

The same from me.

Big shoes to fill Firefly.

Nah, he'll be right.

Notice how the moment he becomes a base wallah staff officer his avatar goes from field shagged grimy to parade ground sparkle? :D

And that five day stubble magically converted itself into a huge mo. There's magic at work there. :D

Rising Sun*
11-12-2007, 03:39 AM
Id just like to thank Dani for all his work here in the last 3 years,

The same from me, not that I've been on the site all that time.

Welcome to George and Nick. You'll both be assets to the site. Cheers, mates.

Digger
11-12-2007, 04:36 AM
Congratulations to you guys and I wish you the best.

digger

Nickdfresh
11-12-2007, 05:06 AM
Thank you for the congratulations and whiskey. :)

I wish Dani the best and hope to see him post here when he can, and congratulations to FireFly on a well deserved kick upstairs...

And yeah, at least his avatar finally shaved today...

Panzerknacker
11-12-2007, 06:00 AM
Congratulations, hug and kisses for the new Mods ( kisses in the cheeck that is)

Gen. Sandworm
11-12-2007, 09:18 AM
Damn arent we the loving family. If I ever step down and get "ehhhhh........see ya around." Im going to be pissed. :D

Dani
11-12-2007, 11:45 AM
Damn arent we the loving family. If I ever step down and get "ehhhhh........see ya around." Im going to be pissed. :D

:D:D

Anyway, I can't miss this. So thanks to all of you and be aware that I'm not leaving anywhere. I just step down as a chief mod and also as a mod. I'll continue to enjoy this board as much as on its beginnings.

Panzerknacker
11-12-2007, 09:16 PM
Damn arent we the loving family. If I ever step down and get "ehhhhh........see ya around." Im going to be pissed.

All right General, dont be jealous, a hug and a kiss for you too. :rolleyes:

Digger
11-13-2007, 12:41 AM
I suggested we have mods with a sense of humour, not all warm, cuddly, fuzzy, kissy, kissy!;):shock::roll::)

digger

tankgeezer
11-13-2007, 08:54 PM
Quote: "And that five day stubble magically converted itself into a huge mo. There's magic at work there."

Nae so much magic as good, stout Scot Genes. Keeps growing even after you cut it...good for storing Haggis in as well.. More Whisky!

Firefly
11-14-2007, 03:42 AM
Quote: "And that five day stubble magically converted itself into a huge mo. There's magic at work there."

Nae so much magic as good, stout Scot Genes. Keeps growing even after you cut it...good for storing Haggis in as well.. More Whisky!

Mmmmmmmm Haggis..................

Rising Sun*
11-14-2007, 04:03 AM
good for storing Haggis in as well

I thought they kept that odious meat in their sporran?

tankgeezer
11-14-2007, 07:27 AM
I thought they kept that odious meat in their sporran?
Yep, it was so, but if the stash was long enough, and the whisky good enough, one might be forgiven confusing the two.Also, it leaves room for more "safeties", and the aforementioned whisky. Haggis is only odious by reputation,(by those unfamiliar with the heavenly pudding) its actually very good,(although quite rich) and with the sides of tatties & neeps, well, what could be better.

Rising Sun*
11-14-2007, 08:07 AM
Yep, it was so, but if the stash was long enough, and the whisky good enough, one might be forgiven confusing the two.Also, it leaves room for more "safeties", and the aforementioned whisky. Haggis is only odious by reputation,(by those unfamiliar with the heavenly pudding) its actually very good,(although quite rich) and with the sides of tatties & neeps, well, what could be better.

I am looking at the picture you posted under that.

It seems rather larger than most pathology samples, but clearly there is a lot of pathology there. :D

tankgeezer
11-14-2007, 05:03 PM
I am looking at the picture you posted under that.

It seems rather larger than most pathology samples, but clearly there is a lot of pathology there. :D
you bet there is,,, Heart, lungs esophogus, liver, kidneys,(all finely minced) roasted oats, stock made from boiling some of the other parts, and spices,, all put into a boiled out sheep's stomach, sewn shut, and boiled for 3 hrs..
Slice it open, scoop out to serve, Mmmmmm Good! Puts hair on your sporran for sure..(No drooling now FireFly,,,)

Nickdfresh
11-14-2007, 07:07 PM
Certainly no worse than some of the stuff I've eaten...

That being said, I'm not a fan of internal organs. But then again, I've probably eaten those in one form or another...

tankgeezer
11-14-2007, 10:36 PM
Certainly no worse than some of the stuff I've eaten...

That being said, I'm not a fan of internal organs. But then again, I've probably eaten those in one form or another...

Ever had a hot dog?, even worse stuff in some of those,, beaks and claws,,,:)

Rising Sun*
11-15-2007, 06:20 AM
Ever had a hot dog?

No.

It's even lower on my list of things to avoid than a McDonald's Double Vomitburger with Bile Sauce.

I'm not sophisticated, but I prefer to eat stuff roughly approximating food.

The army taught me that.

Meatloaf.

The staple Aussie army food, then anyway, cooked by cooks who couldn't cook and who liked to run quiz shows to amuse themselves about whether anybody actually noticed that there wasn't any meat in the meatloaf. Or any food in it.

Giving rise to the old question and response in the mess line

"Who called the cook a bastard?"

"Who called the bastard a cook?"

Meatloaf is haggis, before it's grown up. Or properly cooked.

The Australian army cooks would have regarded it as haute cuisine, cordon bleu, or just one of the many unattainably complex dishes involving natural ingredients that they couldn't render into, ideally, edible mush for starving grunts with no alternative.

tankgeezer
11-15-2007, 06:43 AM
Mmmmmmmm, Bile sauce,,,,,,,,,Having survived several years of military food, (well, it starts as food then the cooks get hold of it, and who knows what happens to it) I do agree with you. I would never eat at Mac's, or any of those types of place... I eat Haggis once a year, when I visit friends o'er yonder, and that way, its enjoyable.

Rising Sun*
11-15-2007, 07:18 AM
Having survived several years of military food,

You are making me suspicious about your credentials.

How can any human being survive years of military food? :D

There's a reason wars are fought by teenage / early twenties blokes. They haven't been in long enough for the food to kill them. :D

Firefly
11-15-2007, 07:57 AM
Funny thing is, my Mrs made Haggis last night and it was really good. I have it about twice a year to be honest, best kind is the one with Drambuie through it though.

Nickdfresh
11-15-2007, 09:47 AM
Ever had a hot dog?, even worse stuff in some of those,, beaks and claws,,,:)

That's what I meant. Though, I only try to buy the higher quality stuff:

http://www.louieshotdogs.com/web/sites/www.louieshotdogs.com.web/files/sahlens_hot_dogs.gif

A local product from Buffalo where they actually use real meat...

tankgeezer
11-15-2007, 01:02 PM
Buffalo is really very good for you, much less cholesterol, &other bad stuff, tasts good too, just have to be careful cooking it as it dries out quickly (no fat) Its popular in my area as we have a large indian community (4 tribal groups)
Rabbit is also a great meat, very little fat again, and has a high density of nutrients due to the coprophagus nature of the beast(they eat their food twice). 5 ounces of rabbit has the same nutrients of 8 oz. of beef.The Romans knew this, and thats why they hauled rabbits along for their troops, and why the rabbit is so common in the world. Crafty little guys are good escape artists. It has been said that the greatest feat of the Roman's was to domesticate the rabbit. (now I'm hungry,,,) :)

tankgeezer
11-15-2007, 01:05 PM
Quote: "You are making me suspicious about your credentials.

How can any human being survive years of military food?"

The answer is easy, I was a G.I. in Uncle Sugar's army, G.I.'s were never considered humans,,,:)

tankgeezer
11-15-2007, 01:07 PM
Funny thing is, my Mrs made Haggis last night and it was really good. I have it about twice a year to be honest, best kind is the one with Drambuie through it though.

I've not had the Drambuie version,,, I'll have to try it next visit over. Mmmmm, Haggis.