PDA

View Full Version : Error

Rising Sun*
05-27-2007, 10:36 AM
One of the new message boxes isn't working properly.

When I log out I get

Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
File: /home/xxx/public_html/forum/includes/class_dm_user.php(1668) : eval()'d code
Line: 10

Rising Sun*
05-27-2007, 10:36 AM
And I got it after posting my OP!

Rising Sun*
05-28-2007, 07:19 AM
I've had a couple of instances of this in the past day or so, where the main index shows X as the last poster but on looking at the thread it turns out that X was the last but one.

Here http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49 Gun Plumber is shown as the last one but in the British War Criminal thread there's a later post by Chevan.

http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4827

Posting in this Site Feedback thread also results in being logged out and getting fed to a blank screen.

Gen. Sandworm
05-28-2007, 07:23 AM
The forum has been acting funny lately...........mostly slow. It makes errors from time to time which get cleared up thru maintenance procedures run every so often. Hopefully the speed will be fixed soon.

Panzerknacker
05-28-2007, 08:41 AM
Today the page gets white after your send the post and give no anymore information.

Rising Sun*
05-28-2007, 09:38 AM
The forum has been acting funny lately...........mostly slow. It makes errors from time to time which get cleared up thru maintenance procedures run every so often. Hopefully the speed will be fixed soon.

Definitely slow a lot of the time.

I'm using it on optusnet.com.au and it has been slow over the past few days, with no improvement with the usual cache cleaning etc.

Rising Sun*
05-28-2007, 09:40 AM
Today the page gets white after your send the post and give no anymore information.

I have the same problem.

Rising Sun*
05-28-2007, 09:42 AM

If it helps, this is what shows in the address bar with the white screen
http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=4855

Panzerknacker
05-28-2007, 11:27 AM
The forum is totally warped now, it dont let answer in the F/M section.

Gen. Sandworm
05-28-2007, 12:24 PM
The forum is totally warped now, it dont let answer in the F/M section.

Yea its to the point it unbearable! I emailed ww2admin to see if he can fix it.

ww2admin
05-28-2007, 01:07 PM
Hey guys,
I have been testing some things on this forum and have a new forum ready with a new look, etc but can't roll it out yet until the rest of the website is completed. This may have been causing some problems. I'll take a look at it.

Oh and Sandworm, I never got your email....can you tell me what email address you used because I've lost one of my email addresses recently and won't be able to get it back.

Gen. Sandworm
05-28-2007, 04:47 PM
Hey guys,
I have been testing some things on this forum and have a new forum ready with a new look, etc but can't roll it out yet until the rest of the website is completed. This may have been causing some problems. I'll take a look at it.

Oh and Sandworm, I never got your email....can you tell me what email address you used because I've lost one of my email addresses recently and won't be able to get it back.

Tried to PM you with it........hope it got thru!

ww2admin
05-28-2007, 10:21 PM
Tried to PM you with it........hope it got thru!

You PMed me righit now? Well, I don't see it.....

ww2admin
05-28-2007, 10:31 PM
Folks, I have uninstalled a plugin that may have been causing the problem. This should fix the issues we had. Please report if you find out any problems. Sorry about the time wasted.

Chevan
05-29-2007, 12:44 AM
Folks, I have uninstalled a plugin that may have been causing the problem. This should fix the issues we had. Please report if you find out any problems. Sorry about the time wasted.

Well admin yerstaday a had a lot of simular problems with wite screen , but today is all right;)
Thanks for the your care;)

1000ydstare
05-29-2007, 01:23 AM
As of today, I am still seeing the last but one poster listed as the last poster.

Yesterday, When inputting posts the screen doesn't do anything, doesn't go white, doesn't change. Thus I have up to three copies of posts inthe threads.

Edit to add.

This one worked however.

ww2admin
05-29-2007, 09:31 AM
Lets give it today and see how it goes. Then let me know if you get any more problems.

Gen. Sandworm
05-29-2007, 12:22 PM
Lets give it today and see how it goes. Then let me know if you get any more problems.

So far everything seems good!

Panzerknacker
05-29-2007, 07:20 PM
Back in businnes.:D

I have to erase several repeated post of me and others member , the desperation for posting here was enormous yesterday. :rolleyes:

Winters
05-31-2007, 05:03 PM
an anyone tell me where my posts have gone , i have posted 53 posts the last time i logged on , now i have lost some including my Rank , can anyone explain why?

Panzerknacker
05-31-2007, 07:51 PM
Moving to site feedback.

Gen. Sandworm
06-01-2007, 06:36 PM
an anyone tell me where my posts have gone , i have posted 53 posts the last time i logged on , now i have lost some including my Rank , can anyone explain why?

Do you know where your posts are missing from??? I can try to see what happend.

Panzerknacker
06-02-2007, 09:34 AM
I think I know what happen, I "cleaned" the topic "Grrrrrrrrrrrr" made by Winters.

Probably that explain the minor number of post, no woory Winters after you reach the 50 post again th rank will be restored.

Winters
06-02-2007, 03:27 PM
okie dokie , no, worries , just had me confused thats all.

Winters
06-02-2007, 03:33 PM
Thanks anyway Gen.Sandworm , PanzerKnacker

Rising Sun*
06-16-2007, 10:44 AM
I've been having a problem for the past 20 to 30 hours of the main forum index defaulting to an earlier screen.

Ctrl + Enter to refresh back to the server cures it, but after that it I can still end up with an old screen from that point.

I've cleaned my cache with no effect.

Rising Sun*
06-19-2007, 07:06 AM
Now I'm getting posts up to a couple of days old showing in the index as 'Today', e.g. Browning .303 MG Question in British Military.

Rising Sun*
07-10-2007, 09:08 AM
I just stuffed up something that now is a title and post with a lot of dots.

Sometimes I get a delete option on Edit and sometimes I don't?

Is it me or the forum system?

Gen. Sandworm
07-10-2007, 09:22 AM
I just stuffed up something that now is a title and post with a lot of dots.

Sometimes I get a delete option on Edit and sometimes I don't?

Is it me or the forum system?

I dont think you can normally edit thread titles!!! Have you done it before coz maybe I need to check the settings.

Rising Sun*
07-10-2007, 10:05 AM
I dont think you can normally edit thread titles!!! Have you done it before coz maybe I need to check the settings.

This was the first time I tried it.

It worked fine.

The problem was that in the past I've found that there's a space of a few minutes where I can delete whole post (or maybe not a whole thread?) when I've stuffed up.

I couldn't delete the thread this time.

SS Tiger
07-11-2007, 06:57 PM
I think it stops you deleting it if somebody has posted in it, or maybe if somebody other than you has viewed it? I'm think it's something like that.

1000ydstare
07-13-2007, 11:50 AM
Normally you can delete a post only if no one has replyed to it. Once they have, then you can only edit the posts.

I know I can edit the titles on other boards, if I created them, have not tried to on this board.

Same detail, you can usually sh1tcan your own threads if no one has replied.

tankgeezer
08-22-2007, 11:28 AM
Can the time alotted for writing a post be extended,I have lost a few posts due to this, and that can make for alot of work. is the time available a set feature,or can it be increased ?

Panzerknacker
08-22-2007, 12:31 PM
Use the option "remember me ?" and your problems will be solved.

tankgeezer
08-22-2007, 01:04 PM
Sehr Gut mein freund. will do. :)

Gen. Sandworm
08-22-2007, 03:31 PM
Also might add that when ww2admin is working on the site things can start to run alot slower here. FYI

Rising Sun*
08-24-2007, 10:21 AM
Can the time alotted for writing a post be extended,I have lost a few posts due to this, and that can make for alot of work. is the time available a set feature,or can it be increased ?

I'm not aware of any timeout problem on this site preventing posting, but if you don't submit within whatever time is set by the site it'll require you to log in as part of the posting process. That shouldn't lose your post. If you log in it should result in your post being posted.

A couple of ways of avoiding the annoying problem of posts disappearing for whatever reason are:

1. If responding to a post, click Quote, then copy the whole post and paste it to your word processor and work on it there. When you're finished, copy it and then click "Post Reply" and paste it into the post panel, then click submit.

2. If you lose a post after submitting that you've done on site rather than as suggested above, use your browser back button. The odds are that you'll find it still sitting there a few screens back.

The first option is the safest. I use it for anything more than a few lines.

Panzerknacker
09-30-2007, 05:39 PM
The image and quote buttons are not properly working today, please if somebody could do a check on this.

Gen. Sandworm
09-30-2007, 08:08 PM
The image and quote buttons are not properly working today, please if somebody could do a check on this.

Seem okay from my end. If its a problem with speed it could be ww2amdin just working behind the scenes.

Panzerknacker
10-01-2007, 06:31 PM
Ok, but the same happen last Thursday and friday night.

Panzerknacker
11-11-2007, 10:45 AM
Grrrrrr.....now is the same thing. No spaces between paragraphs, no quotes and so.

Gen. Sandworm
11-11-2007, 12:55 PM
Grrrrrr.....now is the same thing. No spaces between paragraphs, no quotes and so.

ww2admin has been working on the site and seems he might have forgot to complete one thing. I have sent a PM.

Panzerknacker
11-16-2007, 09:42 AM
I cant move Topics of edit my own messages, what going on ?

Dani
11-16-2007, 09:51 AM
Don't know why. Maybe is related to your promotion. GS might take a look when he will wake up!

Panzerknacker
02-26-2008, 08:47 AM
The same , The image and quote buttons are not properly working today, please if somebody could do a check on this.

Gen. Sandworm
02-26-2008, 04:28 PM
I cant move Topics of edit my own messages, what going on ?

You shouldnt be able to move topics..........and normally I dont think you can edit messages that someone has posted under. Maybe your just forgetting your old options.

The same , The image and quote buttons are not properly working today, please if somebody could do a check on this.

This sounds like a normal glitch

Unless I misunderstood you about something then I dont see a problem.........let me know.

Panzerknacker
02-26-2008, 05:17 PM
---You shouldnt be able to move topics..........and normally I dont think you can edit messages that someone has posted under. Maybe your just forgetting your old options----You are refering to a post of 16 november 2007.

Gen. Sandworm
02-26-2008, 06:14 PM
---You shouldnt be able to move topics..........and normally I dont think you can edit messages that someone has posted under. Maybe your just forgetting your old options----You are refering to a post of 16 november 2007.

WTF...........have know clue what you are talking about!

pdf27
02-26-2008, 06:52 PM
Check the dates - the Image buttons post was today, the move topics post was last year!

Panzerknacker
02-26-2008, 07:06 PM
That was me trying to quote... without quote button cuz it does not work