PDA

View Full Version : WW2 Pics from WPAFB Museum

Laconia
04-26-2007, 09:20 PM
Here are a few pics from the Air Force Museum at Wright Paterson AFB in Ohio, USA.

AllHailCesar
04-27-2007, 10:36 AM
Cool pictues.....thanks for sharing.
I wonder how long it'll take for the "politically correct" crowd starts screaming about nose art?

Laconia
04-28-2007, 01:07 AM
Cool pictues.....thanks for sharing.
I wonder how long it'll take for the "politically correct" crowd starts screaming about nose art?

Yeah, I hear you. They just hate that "Bocks Car" aircraft becuse it dropped the 2nd A Bomb. I thought the babe nose art was tasteful myself though. It is a pretty neat museum. Lots of aircraft from all era's. I see you are from California. Have you ever been to that aircraft museum east of the Los Angeles area.? I think it may be March Air Reserve Base if my memory serves me right.

Chevan
04-28-2007, 04:28 AM
Hi Laconia.
Nice pics , thanks.
But what does mean this scene
http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=683&d=1177640403

Laconia
05-01-2007, 10:08 AM
Hi Laconia.
Nice pics , thanks.
But what does mean this scene
http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=683&d=1177640403

This is a recreation of captured Allied airman being transported to prison camps.

Chevan
05-01-2007, 02:32 PM
This is a recreation of captured Allied airman being transported to prison camps.

Thank you lady a much ;)
But what does mean the David's Star on the side of a carriage?

AllHailCesar
09-25-2007, 08:55 PM
Yeah, I hear you. They just hate that "Bocks Car" aircraft becuse it dropped the 2nd A Bomb. I thought the babe nose art was tasteful myself though. It is a pretty neat museum. Lots of aircraft from all era's. I see you are from California. Have you ever been to that aircraft museum east of the Los Angeles area.? I think it may be March Air Reserve Base if my memory serves me right.

Yes it's March!
Haven't been to the museum yet. It's on my list. But in May 2007 my unit flew out of March for our 2 week ADT.