PDA

View Full Version : Medal Of Honor

jfarstrider
02-21-2007, 08:20 PM
Anyone play this one its my all time favorite

Chevan
02-22-2007, 12:25 AM
Amd my favorite too.
I have played in all parts except last MoH:Airborne forces. I don't know is it reailised already fro sale?

Panzerknacker
02-22-2007, 09:20 PM
Not as good as Call of Duty however.:rolleyes:

RifleMan20
02-22-2007, 09:56 PM
i would have to agree with panzerknaker but medel of honor still was a good game

Wolfgang Von Gottberg
02-23-2007, 09:01 PM
I like espionage in MOH, something COD lacks... :(

Chevan
02-26-2007, 03:44 AM
Yer Moh has it's own atmosphere and style unlike the CoD.
The CoD is the best but some of missions in MoH were very interesting.
BTW both games were developed on the modernized Quake3 engine. At least befor appearing the MoH:Pathific assault and CoD2.

Panzerknacker
02-26-2007, 09:48 PM
I like particulary the mission on the Russian side, the U.S army mission are a little repetitive.

The "playability" of call of Duty 1 is the best, in the 2 is sometimes hard to find were the hell they shooting at you.

In the Call of Duty 2 the best missins are the british tank.

GermanSoldier
03-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Anyone play this one its my all time favorite

Well I have played all of the Medal of Honor games on PS2. I have not played Medal of Honor: Airborne Assault on the Xbox360. It looks pretty good.

Like Panzersnacker said it is not good as Call of Duty. I totally agree with you.

Bigcat
03-08-2007, 06:29 PM
I too agree with Panzerknacker, call of duty1 and 2 are a little bit better than medal of honor.it's still a good game.:D

bwing55543
07-02-2007, 03:51 PM
I love MoH: Frontline. The best portion had to be the Omaha Beach landing at the beginning.

MoH: Underground was surprisingly good too. I thought it was funny how Germans would hit on Manon when she was in disguise.

I didn't like European Assault that much. There were times where I felt that completing a level felt more like a chore than a good time, especially with the last one. Once you get to the bunker, the toughest part in the game, your squad, if it survived, just decides to ditch you, leaving you to fight by yourself.

Crosshairs
07-02-2007, 05:54 PM
i like call of duty 1 and duty alot more than MOH..

but i do have to give MOH credit, they have had some good versions come out

Although, I thought MOH European Assault was a big dissappointment

bwing55543
07-03-2007, 01:03 PM
i like call of duty 1 and duty alot more than MOH..

but i do have to give MOH credit, they have had some good versions come out

Although, I thought MOH European Assault was a big dissappointment

I agree about MoH: EA. My main gripe is that the game had so much potential to be so much better. I felt the game was trying a little to hard to be a Call of Duty clone, when the CoD was originally developped by MoH staff anyway.

Crosshairs
07-03-2007, 11:42 PM
I agree about MoH: EA. My main gripe is that the game had so much potential to be so much better. I felt the game was trying a little to hard to be a Call of Duty clone, when the CoD was originally developped by MoH staff anyway.

Yes, I agree with you.

Remember all the TV Commericals they had with the intro "When people ask me what we did in the war, I tell them, we fought...for what was right" ?

MOH was defintely threatened by the COD Franchise. And then tried to compete with COD by releasing European Assault. Which any idiot who knows how to work a joystick knows that European Assault was fit enough to shadow COD.

My personal favorite MOH is Allied Assault

(I always believe that RISING SUN was a big dissappointment as well)

bwing55543
07-04-2007, 09:13 AM
Yes, I agree with you.

Remember all the TV Commericals they had with the intro "When people ask me what we did in the war, I tell them, we fought...for what was right" ?

MOH was defintely threatened by the COD Franchise. And then tried to compete with COD by releasing European Assault. Which any idiot who knows how to work a joystick knows that European Assault was fit enough to shadow COD.

My personal favorite MOH is Allied Assault

(I always believe that RISING SUN was a big dissappointment as well)

Not just a disappointment, I felt Rising Sun was an all-round lackluster effort of EA. There were some hysterical moments with the glitchy AI. For example, in Singapore Sling, there were two Japs in a room. I took out one with the very noisy M1911; however, the other guy didn't seem to acknowledge my existence. XD Also, I've seen things like Gunny run off behind me, and then appear in front of me. There were also glitches that caused scripted events to not occur. Example, in Singapore Sling, the kitchen door was locked when it was supposed to be open. Also, in Pistol Pete showdown, I've seen Lt. Harrison just wandering when he was supposed to set up the TNT so I can destroy the Japanese artillery.

BTW, did anyone besides me notice that European Assault's visuals actually seemed worse than Frontline's? I mean, compare the Germans in both games. The Frontline Germans were nicely detailed with great facial expressions whereas the European Assault Germans all seemed squinty with somewhat 2D mouths.

I think Medal of Honor: Underground was a surprisingly good game. The graphics, if anything, showed how limited the PS1's hardware was. Still, I actually was quite impressed with the enemy AI. Also, I thought Manon Batiste was a surprisingly good lead character as well. It was a nice change to play as a French Underground operative instead of an American soldier.

Crosshairs
07-04-2007, 04:05 PM
yes, I also didn't like the Revive things you got on European Assault. Which was telling the gamer, blow up an objective, and you'll get a revive. Which means u wont have 2 worry about just walking into a room of 15 germans. lol

Plus it just seemed like ur squad on EA were slow. By the time they figured out what the objective is, you've already blown it up

That adrenanline feature was nice tho :D

bwing55543
07-04-2007, 06:59 PM
yes, I also didn't like the Revive things you got on European Assault. Which was telling the gamer, blow up an objective, and you'll get a revive. Which means u wont have 2 worry about just walking into a room of 15 germans. lol

Plus it just seemed like ur squad on EA were slow. By the time they figured out what the objective is, you've already blown it up

That adrenanline feature was nice tho :D

I hate the revives for a different reason. When you die, you wake back up in the same shootout with only part of your health restored, so you may wind up dying again if your squad isn't there to save you. Especially when you get to the bunker at the end of the last level, it's all too easy to use up all of your revives in one spot.:shock:

Crosshairs
07-06-2007, 06:39 PM
lol.. i kno. It's like if you die when a German melees you, your gonna revive with the German still meleeing u.. serisously. lol

This game could have had so much more potential if EA hadn't tried to make it into something it was not

bwing55543
07-15-2007, 09:45 PM
lol.. i kno. It's like if you die when a German melees you, your gonna revive with the German still meleeing u.. serisously. lol

This game could have had so much more potential if EA hadn't tried to make it into something it was not
I just got Call of Duty 3. After playing that game for a little bit, I can tell MoH:EA was REALLY trying to be another Call of Duty. As far as I know, CoD 3 was supposed to be largely unchanged from CoD2 (3 is my first Call of Duty game).

Anyway, proof that MoH staff made Call of Duty 3: I think the French Maquis leader you meet in the first mission as a British paratrooper bears an uncanny resemblance to Medal of Honor's Manon Batiste.

Jenkin
08-05-2007, 08:23 PM
i find this same issue, with reviving, but Bwing5543, the thing is that that style of squad is in all of the Medal of Honor games, i have found that MoH: Vanguard your squad somewhat stays near you and in some situations your squad actually protects you. which i find more realistic than the squad leaving you especcially in MoH: European Assult.

overlord644
08-06-2007, 01:20 AM
i enjoyed pacific assault's method of the revive, using the corpsman

bwing55543
08-06-2007, 10:19 AM
i find this same issue, with reviving, but Bwing5543, the thing is that that style of squad is in all of the Medal of Honor games, i have found that MoH: Vanguard your squad somewhat stays near you and in some situations your squad actually protects you. which i find more realistic than the squad leaving you especcially in MoH: European Assult.

Actually, before European Assault, the Medal of Honor games pretty much was you vs. the entire German/Japanese army. You take on all enemies all by yourself, but you can take an amazing number of hits before dying. Also, there never was a shortage of health pickups.

astupiddvdcase
08-12-2007, 07:48 AM
neva played the original MOH i dont like MOH AA because most of it is BS... COD And BIA is the best FPS ww2 game COH is even better but its RTS :)

astupiddvdcase
08-12-2007, 07:50 AM
PC is awesome !

bwing55543
08-12-2007, 12:26 PM
neva played the original MOH i dont like MOH AA because most of it is BS... COD And BIA is the best FPS ww2 game COH is even better but its RTS :)

Sorry, but with all your abbreviations, I have no idea as to what you're talking about other than MOH: AA and COD.

overlord644
08-12-2007, 09:11 PM
i think AA is probably Allied assault and COD might be Call of Duty

bwing55543
08-12-2007, 11:21 PM
i think AA is probably Allied assault and COD might be Call of Duty

No, what I meant is that I knew what those meant, but not any of the other abbreviations.

overlord644
08-13-2007, 04:09 PM
sorry, your right there are way too many abrrieviations

bwing55543
08-13-2007, 07:22 PM
I like espionage in MOH, something COD lacks... :(

Nailed it on the head.

overlord644
08-14-2007, 06:19 PM
today i just bought Vanguard for the wii and find the weapons such as the thompson and MG42 less realistic than in previous games like MOHPA, anybody else notice this?

bwing55543
08-15-2007, 09:38 AM
today i just bought Vanguard for the wii and find the weapons such as the thompson and MG42 less realistic than in previous games like MOHPA, anybody else notice this?

I don't own it, but most game reviewers agree that it is the worst Medal of Honor to date. That's why I'm skipping this one and waiting for Medal of Honor: Airborne. From what I've read, it seems that Vanguard is following European Assault in that it is trying waaaaay to hard to be another Call of Duty.

overlord644
08-16-2007, 03:58 AM
actually i thought the gameplay in itself was quite good, although i was kind of POed about the fact that you have to ride into normandy in a glider, but i do find the weapons, mainly the mg42, thompson and the BAR to be very inaccurate (historically that is). What suprised me most was the fact that the Thompson and BAR in MOH Pacific Assault were far more realistic then Vanguard a game which was released about 3 years after MOHPA. I also find that when compared to COD 3 that on the wii vanguard is alot more playable

bwing55543
08-16-2007, 08:58 AM
I think it was Frontline (among the ones I played) that depicted the Thompson and BAR most accurately.

In European Assault, I have an issue with the Thompson. I know it's the M1, but its iron sights resemble the M1928 or earlier model.

overlord644
08-16-2007, 05:32 PM
i wouldn't know, i never played frontline. Also in Vanguard the only two weapons upgrades ive found is the 50 round drum for the Thompson and the scope for the m1. I dont mind the drum too much but i find the scope completely unecessary

bwing55543
08-17-2007, 01:17 PM
i wouldn't know, i never played frontline. Also in Vanguard the only two weapons upgrades ive found is the 50 round drum for the Thompson and the scope for the m1. I dont mind the drum too much but i find the scope completely unecessary

In reality, I know the American military opted to make the M1 and M1A1 Thompsons incompatible with the drum mags due them being prone to jamming.

I liked the scoped M1 Garand in European Assault. Too bad you only get to use it for one level. I actually was surprised you never use the M1903 Springfield in European Assault; in Frontline and Rising Sun, it was you main sniper rifle.

overlord644
08-19-2007, 08:58 PM
it's not that the scope was a terrible idea, its just that it sucks at close range, and you can't pick up another M1 without the scope once u get the upgrade

bwing55543
08-20-2007, 03:25 PM
it's not that the scope was a terrible idea, its just that it sucks at close range, and you can't pick up another M1 without the scope once u get the upgrade

That is true. That's kind of like in the Guadalcanal level in Rising Sun where you start with the M1903 Springfield and your sidearm. That level was a bit of a pain because your rifle is terrible for close range, mainly due to it being bolt-action. On top of that, the Japanese kept popping out of foxholes. I know where the foxholes are, but they don't pop out until I step near them. The sidearm was alright at close range, but it didn't do enough damage. At least in European Assault, when you have sniper rifles, you also get started with a decent close range weapon.

From what I've seen with Airborne's screens, I'm assuming you can upgrade there also because I saw screens with Thompsons both with and without the drum mags. I know the health system will be like Resistance: Fall of Man with the four regenerating health bars.

bwing55543
08-23-2007, 12:42 PM
As it is, I have an issue with the Thompson being an M1, but having iron sights that more closely resemble the M1928 or older models.

I really don't get the deal with the Enfield in the game, however. In the game it has a 5 round clip. I know the Lee-Enfield SMLE had a 10 round capacity. In the game, was this supposed to be the Lee-Enfield, or the US Enfield?

HG
12-30-2007, 12:03 AM
The MoH series has become something that must just crawl into a dark hole and die. EA really did screw up the whole series after MoH Rising Sun.

overlord644
12-30-2007, 04:45 PM
i got heroes 2 for the wii- it blows

Moreheaddriller
12-30-2007, 04:55 PM
More of a COD guy myself but MOH is a also a fun shooter

HG
01-07-2008, 07:05 PM
I think the whole WW2 games is now just being made worst by MoH. EA must please stop with the series and think of something better.

GermanSoldier
01-11-2008, 04:22 PM
I agree on some circumstandes with you, but in Medal of Honor:Rising Sun it is pretty fun to multiplayer because you play the computer.

RifleMan20
01-11-2008, 06:57 PM
Airborne must be the best MOH there was

GermanSoldier
01-11-2008, 07:01 PM

Airborne has the best graphics so far from what I have seen in the MoH series. I rented the game and thought it was pretty good. Campaing is very good too. Haven't tried online for it yet, but i will post what it is like on online play when i rent it again.

HG
01-11-2008, 08:13 PM

It has graphics and a lot of fancy stuff, but in game play it lags. Even MoH that is the first MoH out on PS2 is way better when it comes to the game play.

I think Call of Duty brought you the real WW2 warfare in a game, but MoH brought you something else, not good so to speak.

comradesinarms
02-14-2008, 11:37 AM
the best COD was 2 in my book, and i liked Pacific assualt, the visuals were pretty good, i loved the corpsman thing, this game over all was pretty good!

bwing55543
03-02-2008, 05:34 PM
Airborne has the best graphics so far from what I have seen in the MoH series. I rented the game and thought it was pretty good. Campaing is very good too. Haven't tried online for it yet, but i will post what it is like on online play when i rent it again.

Airborne does have the best graphics because it is a current-gen game; however, I've read in reviews where the game, while it looks better than older ones, still is not quite on par with other games in this generation in terms of graphics.

Panzermeyer
05-17-2008, 02:30 PM
Medal of Honor is cool, bur Medal of Honor: Airborne ist awesome!

losichigo
05-28-2008, 11:49 PM
my favorite medal of honor game is frontline, the feel, the cool sneaking and snooping you would do. the story keep me interested. i wish they would remake it. but they would probably make it suck.

HG
05-30-2008, 01:31 AM
my favorite medal of honor game is frontline, the feel, the cool sneaking and snooping you would do. the story keep me interested. i wish they would remake it. but they would probably make it suck.

I agree with you mate, but the first Medal of Honor games on the PS1 was also great. EA must stop making MoH while it still was a great game, but they wasted everything with the ones after Frontline.

Call of Duty is the best at the moment.

bwing55543
05-30-2008, 09:35 PM
Again, I still feel that although Frontline was the best, Underground was also a very good game in the MoH series. That game definitely had the best espionage component.

ww11freak34
11-15-2008, 01:19 AM
i beat medal of honor vanguard in 3 hours.medal of honor airborne is fun on online when u are allies on some missions u jump from planes it has cool online

Ivaylo
01-19-2009, 06:01 PM
I still play MOHAASH and MOHAABT and even if they seem old they are still good for fun playing from time to time .

Hanz Lutz
01-19-2009, 06:10 PM
Call of Duty World at War the best WW2 games ever, the best

Bazooka Joe
06-06-2010, 02:33 PM
My favorite game serie! :-)

Uyraell
06-13-2010, 12:27 AM
Good series, if somewhat linear.

Regards, Uyraell.

downwithpeace
06-13-2010, 03:39 PM
Good length single player campaigns but agreed on linear up until airborne, multiplayer setup with a single player campaign to sell more copies.
Fingers crossed the new one will go back to the older style with the long campaign making them worth the money.

Procyon
06-17-2010, 06:53 PM
there is a new version coming? WW2 shooters are my favorite!

downwithpeace
06-17-2010, 08:48 PM
Bad news on that front Procyon, EA followed Infinity Wards lead and went modern.

Procyon
06-17-2010, 09:38 PM
That is bad news. Oh, well it's not like I have a lot of time to play games.

Yossarian
07-25-2010, 02:00 PM
MOH: Airborne Assault is horrible. I bought it for PS3 and am getting ready to trade it in for the COD three pack.

I don't know what it's like on Xbox 360, but on the PS3, if you get your finger within half a centimeter of the R2 button, it fires. I mean, it literally fires on the wind that your finger produces when you THINK about firing. It makes the game not fun at all.

downwithpeace
07-26-2010, 09:06 AM
I only played it on PC, no issues in controls but installation had one heck of an annoying nVidia physics driver bug.

angform
08-13-2010, 03:16 PM
A good game series. but i dont like the airborne assault. I prefer the Call of Duty series

jungleguerilla
08-13-2010, 10:00 PM
LOL. Only played it on PSP. MOH: Roads To Victory.

Evillittlekenny
01-06-2011, 09:00 AM
I must say I liked the series, atleast what I have played, but I feel that the games got weaker after MoH AA and Frontline (Pacific Assault was nice again). One thing I missed was to be able to play also other nations apart from the US (like in Underground, where you played the French agent). Generally a thing lacking in WW2 shooters.

Here is what I played of the series till now and what I think of them:

Medal of Honor (Playstation), start of the series, the story was good in my opinion, it was unrealistic though (for example, way too many bullets needed to eliminate an enemy or get yourself eliminated, headshots being the exception).

MoH Underground (Playstation), from the game engine practically like the first, only difference is that the number of ammo is now more limited (for example, in the first, the player could carry 999 bullets, in Underground only aroud 250). It was also very interesting to play as a French Resistance agent.
The "feature" of the introduction of allied soldiers fighting along you is a bit laughable though, they usually run out to get killed outright.
The last mission with the Nazi Zombies (I think atleast they shall be zombies) the Nazi knights with the big swastikas on the shields, the mutated German Shepherd dogs with MP40's and last but not least the nutcracker "robot" soldiers, named Panzerknacker (= "tank cracker) was pretty silly and dumb, but funny :mrgreen:

MoH Allied Assault (PC), this is a great game in my eyes. It is relatively rich in variety. The Allied soldiers act with more brains than before, so the player's comrades are actually useful. Story not bad, nice gameplay, nice multiplayer.

- Addon Spearhead (PC), a good addon, but it was kind of cloning Call of Duty in the aspect that it forcefully tried to add the British and the Russians, but in the way that the player still plays an US soldier. So you find yourself in for some strange special mission. But, it adds the British and the Russians for the multiplayer :D

- Addon Breakthrough (PC), concentrates again on the US forces (with occasional meeting of Commonwealth troops), takes place in Africa and Italy. Adds Italians for the multiplayer :D

MoH Frontline (Playstation 2), strangely, this was my first MoH and it is my dearest, I simply love this game. :)
Good story, for the time good graphics, only the lack of a multiplayer disturbs me a little :/

MoH European Assault (Playstation 2), this was the worst of them all I think and for sure the worst I have played. As it was already stated before in this thread, it tried to copy Call of Duty. This could have gone good, but not if it is desperately tried to put an US soldier in every possible theatre, even if the US troops were not there. The story is really trashy and not very convincing. Some missions were good still, like St. Nazaire or the second mission of the chapter Stalingrad, but the mission design was generally not that good. North Africa was the worst of them. The squad acted pretty dumb most of the time, I tried to make them attack the enemy when I was myself low at health, they do nothing. The 2 possible commands are "Go there" and "Come to me". And if you go a few meters and do not want them to follow you (for example if they would get mowed down), they DO follow you. And get killed or something.
The Adrenalin feature was also kind of weird or the reviving thing.

MoH Pacific Assault (PC), this was again a good one, nice setting, nice game mechanics. The corpsman was a great idea and it's sad they abolished it again. As most of the time you can rely only on him to get back to health. And if you are seriously injured, he can "revive" you (treat your wounds). Unfortunately, I never played it to the end :/

MoH Airborne (PC), good graphics, very short campaign, not really a story. The weapon upgrade thing is interesting. But it has some bugs, like if a soldier is killed and one of his limbs gets caught between some planks etc., the libs stretch to some incredible 3 or 4 meters, as the rest of the body "wants" to go down, which is prevented by the caught limb. Or, if you sprint towards an enemy and hit him with the butt of your rifle etc., he flies also some amazing 30 meters. And the worst, it lags on my computer, even though it should have enough of everything to meet the specifications. I generally had the feeling that they didn't do enough testing before sending it out.

Now, that was an essay again :P

downwithpeace
01-14-2011, 07:12 PM
Frontline was redone in HD for the PS3, came free with a certain release of the latest PS3 MoH.
After watching clips for it there isn't really much to write home about, HD here and there look to it.

Kilroy
03-11-2014, 10:04 AM
Well on the 360 I like Airborne. I have played it on all the difficulties and loved every time. If you got a 360 you should get it. People still play it online! crazy!

Procyon
03-11-2014, 10:24 AM
How old is this game now?

Kilroy
03-11-2014, 10:26 AM
How old is this game now?

Well if I am correct those games must have came out from 2003 to 2007. So 7 to 11 years old.

Procyon
03-11-2014, 10:33 AM
I wish I had time to play games. A couple of years ago I played Company of Heroes. Was my favorite game for a while.

Kilroy
03-11-2014, 02:28 PM
I want to play that game but currently I can't afford it and every time I do have money. I forget to get it.