PDA

View Full Version : Company of heroes.

Sgt.Hartsock
01-20-2007, 09:17 PM
Has anyone played the new company of heroes game it is probably the best ww2 stratagy game out there here is the link to the site http://www.companyofheroesgame.com/index_en.html?section=&country=UK&month=1&day=28&year=1985

RifleMan20
01-27-2007, 06:13 PM
I have not played it,but i saw the review and it looked real good

Sgt.Hartsock
02-03-2007, 04:55 PM
The review is right but you need a good computer to play it Duo Core2 now if you wan't that ir's about £215 but it's worth it

GermanSoldier
02-04-2007, 02:39 PM
Do not get it if your computer is old, has a hard time loading, or horriable at playing disc.

RifleMan20
02-07-2007, 09:30 PM
I think mine is that but if not ill use my uncles

RifleMan20
02-11-2007, 01:13 AM
Well,guess what I got it and it does not work on my uncles or mine,it needs 6.5 GB,1 GB Ram,and256 MB NIVIDA GeForce 6800 series or better.

Ace Tankkiller
02-15-2007, 11:28 AM
I play Company of Heroes.I have a 2.6p4 1 gig ram,9800pro.The minimum specs say you can play with a 64mb video card but you would prolly lag on the big maps.I can on medium/low graphics without lag but I have it on lower so that way during game I will not have to worry about lag.The only time I have lagged was when I was doing a lan with another person and I was hosting 6 bots.

RifleMan20
02-19-2007, 07:18 PM
hey is it really as good as i heard

overlord644
06-28-2007, 01:28 PM
the problem with COH is that the axis gets armor too fast, faster than the allies could ever hope, and it seems that the patches just make this problem worse so if you have no intention of playing online, don't bother patching

Chevan
06-29-2007, 12:21 AM
Has anyone played the new company of heroes game it is probably the best ww2 stratagy game out there here is the link to the site http://www.companyofheroesgame.com/index_en.html?section=&country=UK&month=1&day=28&year=1985
Yesterday i've downloaded CoH.
i have to say that after the FacesOfWar2 the CoH is far from the best strategy . In the CoH you can't even rotate the camera and management of you units is much worst
Finaly i'l deleted this came through 2 hours.;)
Faces of War2 is much better practically in any aspects , believe me guys.

Splinter54
06-29-2007, 01:48 AM
the problem with COH is that the axis gets armor too fast, faster than the allies could ever hope, and it seems that the patches just make this problem worse so if you have no intention of playing online, don't bother patching

Ever heard of the ten Minutes Sherman/Croc?

For maps with less Victorypoints build a Weapon Support Center and when there are many maps or small maps barraks. Then you skip the other one and go straight for the supply deport, which unlocks the tank command. Et voilą - my record had been eight minutes on Montherme.
When you upgrade as German to unlock the Panzer Command and get to Tier4, it costs you around 1500 Manpower etc. and the fastest Panzer IV had been around 15 minutes ;)
But ... two veterancy one Panzer IV can beat a Pershing - very nice :D ... gosh ... i have time :roll:

www.gamereplays.org for really good advices ;)

astupiddvdcase
08-12-2007, 07:41 AM
OMG OMG !!! have u guys even played COH for five minutes ! what da hell is axis getting tanks in 5 minutes ... to get axis tanks u need to tech through skirmish phase assault phase and battle phase which cost alot of fuel and MP. and how da hell u cant change the camera angle !!!! just hold alt and use mouse. plus u can group ur units as much as u like ! next time play longer before posting BS !

overlord644
08-12-2007, 09:09 PM
have u guys even played COH for five minutes !

the first post on this forum was made about 6 months after the game was even released

kallinikosdrama1992
11-21-2007, 10:02 AM
i think it is the best world war 2 strategy game . the battles are detailed . but i think it could be better . with a variety of armed vehicles and some other tanks

Steven
12-22-2007, 07:40 AM
I have play this game and it is great!!Have realistic graffics,very nice sound and the most weapons of wwii.:D

somyhi
01-04-2008, 02:49 AM
i have to say that after the FacesOfWar2 the CoH is far from the best strategy . In the CoH you can't even rotate the camera and management of you units is much worst
is much FacesOfWar2 better practically in any aspects , believe me guys.

my friend tell me Faces of War2 have more armour i naver try only one point
of Faces of War2 i not like too much front box illustration i like CoH box art . i will play Faces of War2 if . my friend give some copy for me to try.

comradesinarms
02-14-2008, 11:43 AM
ive never even heard of Faces of war 2, ive heard of the first one! COH is amazing! by far the best strategy game out! just all the little minor details of the game make it awesome!
the fact buildings dont have health is wkd! if a tank shell hits the wall of the building it will blow a hole in ti intead of just lowering its health! amazing :) lol

graphics are awesome, gameplay is awesome, game is awesome! :)

Dark1995
03-16-2008, 07:35 PM
HAS any one played COH OF
COH OF is extremely enjoy able

RifleMan20
03-16-2008, 10:41 PM
Hey question, does anyone play this online if so pm me or just tell me here, o somyhi, GO THAILAND, I have family there

BearMgk
05-22-2008, 08:26 AM
opposing fronts its damn good game (expansion) tactics timing strategy etc but the bad is that you need to have internet to play the game

BearMgk
05-22-2008, 08:27 AM
and faces of war is a great game too very realistic

shafs64
08-04-2008, 01:17 PM
you don't need internet to play the game. i play it in single player all the time.

what i love about the game is playing where there is a river deviding the two forces. you blow the brigde and you defend your side. these games can go for hours. one thing i would like to see is german airbourne forces.

shafs

RifleMan20
08-05-2008, 11:52 AM
Hey, if anyone wants to play with me just pm me or post bak here, i dont have OF but i'm still pretty good.

Moreheaddriller
08-05-2008, 02:04 PM
its okay but i love axis and allies 2004 on pc in that game i got opertaion sealion to work

ww11freak34
11-15-2008, 01:16 AM
it really sucks cause company of heroes wont work on my pc

knight
11-16-2008, 09:10 AM
i played this game...it is magnifisant

Schuultz
12-31-2008, 09:20 PM
Faces of War2 is much better practically in any aspects , believe me guys.

But you can rotate the camera in CoH, my friend. just keep Alt pressed while moving your mouse around, and voila.
And I consider the unit management as quite comfortable, to be honest. Your soldiers are smart and look for cover on their own, you can quick select units through a special bar, and you can group them with the press of 2 buttons, the retreat function is extremely useful, too.

Honestly, I don't think you have played the tutorial, it teaches you all these tricks. It is true that it requires quite a bit of micro-management, especially with armored vehicles, but other than that, the complete territorial destructibility and the great AI makes it an awesome game, if you ask me.

Keystone Two-Eight
01-09-2009, 01:04 PM
If anyone is interested in trying it out, STEAM offers a demo that has a skirmish map, and the d-day Campaign on it. I like COH, but dislike the sluggishness of STEAM.

Schuultz
01-09-2009, 02:06 PM
you can also download it from pretty much any other file-site, such as filefront, gamershell or fileshack.

Ivaylo
01-11-2009, 09:49 PM
i tryed the game this night and i wasn't much amazed from it .Maybe because it's not my style of game in which you just construct some let's say strange bases behind , the main characters are with not great graphics to tell the truth even worse . I would rather play Faces of War or the new coming Men of War where i have direct control and things seems more real at least for me .

Schuultz
01-12-2009, 07:46 AM
well, the cut scenes are in engine, and with the right video card, everything looks amazing (turn on DX10 for the very best results). I really like the pretty detailed animations, with soldiers actually reloading their weapons after they fired the correct amount of bullets in their magazines (MP44s reload after 30 shots, 98ks after 5, machine guns after 100-200, etc), and the AI giving out suitable in-combat orders which are followed by the rest of the squad.

Ivaylo
01-12-2009, 12:38 PM
well, the cut scenes are in engine, and with the right video card, everything looks amazing (turn on DX10 for the very best results). I really like the pretty detailed animations, with soldiers actually reloading their weapons after they fired the correct amount of bullets in their magazines (MP44s reload after 30 shots, 98ks after 5, machine guns after 100-200, etc), and the AI giving out suitable in-combat orders which are followed by the rest of the squad.

Well i am with GeForce 6600 , is that video card so low ??

Schuultz
01-12-2009, 01:44 PM
Well i am with GeForce 6600 , is that video card so low ??

honestly, yes... you must barely be able to decently run it at a low medium.

i'm using a GeForce 8600 GTS, and i can only run it on high, not dx10 very high...

Here's some screenshot of the game at high DX9, running at 1280x1024 on my PC - I downsized the images to 700x540, though...

http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq271/Schuultz/Panzerlehr.jpg
http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq271/Schuultz/ScorchedEarth.jpg
http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq271/Schuultz/StormtroopersStuH.jpg
http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq271/Schuultz/tankrush.jpg
http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq271/Schuultz/SpringOffensive.jpg
http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq271/Schuultz/Sturmschuetzen.jpg
http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq271/Schuultz/Itsraininghell.jpg

Company of Heroes is also one of the only strategy games i know were individual soldiers actually have facial animations, ranging from angry in a firefight, over scared when retreating to pained when shot...

Ivaylo
01-13-2009, 09:50 AM
wow thanks mate , looks like the problem really is in my video card , the game look completely different from what i usually play . And yes you are right i run it on low if i am not wrong cause the graphics look very poor which means that this summer i will need to change my video card :) Thanks anyway :)

Schuultz
01-14-2009, 10:01 PM
Well, if I was you, I'd go for nothing less than a GeForce8800 if you can afford it. This game has this weird setting that you need to go to DX10 in order to run textures at Very High.

The stupid thing is that I could most likely run it at Very High textures - but my video card is poorly optimized for DX10, so all the lighting and shadow effects that automatically come with DX10 turn it into a slideshow for me...

Ivaylo
01-19-2009, 05:56 PM
Well, if I was you, I'd go for nothing less than a GeForce8800 if you can afford it. This game has this weird setting that you need to go to DX10 in order to run textures at Very High.

The stupid thing is that I could most likely run it at Very High textures - but my video card is poorly optimized for DX10, so all the lighting and shadow effects that automatically come with DX10 turn it into a slideshow for me...

Yes i guess you are right , but this summer my brother will bring me the GeForce8800 so i expect that i will be able to play it at high . Now even with 6600 i play on medium which is not bad so much ( because of my stupidity when i installed the game for first time i forgot to look for the Options panel instead looking forward for the action so i was playing on low , that explain why the game seemed so ugly to me ) . Anyway thanks for the info you gave me , maybe you will change too your video card ? :)

Schuultz
01-19-2009, 09:36 PM
maybe you will change too your video card ? :)

Unlikely, mate... I'm currently already looking for a job to pay for University and my trip back to Germany this summer... I don't think I'll have enough spare money to buy a new video card, especially as long as mine still works reasonably well...

But once you've got everything running, we should definitely play Online sometime. Relic-Online name is the same as here.

jungleguerilla
08-06-2010, 01:15 AM
Played it, me and my buddies at the Relicnews forums already made large numbers of mod, skins, sounds and models for it.

Schuultz
08-06-2010, 11:11 PM
Is that so? I'm always looking for some nice new skins and mods, so if you don't mind posting a link to some of your/your buddy's work, I'd love to see it.

jungleguerilla
08-06-2010, 11:29 PM
Skins and Models Here:
http://forums.relicnews.com/forumdisplay.php?f=211

Mods Here:
http://forums.relicnews.com/forumdisplay.php?f=195

angform
08-13-2010, 02:50 PM
I have play this game and it is great ww2 strategy game. I'm new in the relic online, but you can find me with the user jpbasconnet.