PDA

View Full Version : Great new look.

HG
06-12-2006, 12:14 AM
Well no wonder I did not get eny E-mails from the site it changed. Well great job and very nice look.

Thanks

Erik
06-12-2006, 01:11 AM
I don't think the admin and mod section is supposed to be viewable by all?

FW-190 Pilot
06-12-2006, 01:32 AM
I don't think the admin and mod section is supposed to be viewable by all?
i dont think so either, but i think ww2admin has more important things to look at.

If he still didnt remember to change that, i think i will have to remind him

but thanks for reporting

Gen. Sandworm
06-12-2006, 02:24 AM
Yea we some other things to worry about as well. Lack of mod power.

Firefly
06-12-2006, 11:14 AM
Nice new look though, but as the other guys have said, some stuff shouldnt be seen and there is a certain lack of Modness right now.

This is the chance for all of the guys to see what nonesense we talk about in the Mod Rooms - LOL.

Dani
06-12-2006, 12:45 PM
This is the chance for all of the guys to see what nonesense we talk about in the Mod Rooms - LOL.

It was a chance...

Dani
06-12-2006, 12:57 PM
It was a chance...

Or maybe it's still a chance! Gen. Sandworm, please fix it! LOL

HG
06-12-2006, 01:17 PM
Well it will take me a time to get my way around the new site, well then I think that you guys should start a copetition for a logo and see what some of our memebers can come up with and also what the members like to have as a logo. By creating a poll were the members can vote for logo they like the most.

It is strange now with the new look.

So how have you guys been?

Henk

Firefly
06-12-2006, 03:10 PM
I cant change my Avatar? I assume all these things will be fixed in the coming days?

mike M.
06-12-2006, 04:28 PM

I got a chance...WOW

cpl condor
06-13-2006, 04:31 PM
hello everybody, how are you? very nice, I hope. I just want to give my recognition to the finest work in the page. I'm sorry but I have less time than before, (another town, another unit). my regards to everyone in this forum.
thank you

SS Tiger
06-13-2006, 06:39 PM
Hey, Condor! I hope you're ok, hope you get more time to post in the near future!

Panzerknacker
06-13-2006, 07:21 PM
I particulary hate the new look , but....I am not the man in charge

Gen. Sandworm
06-13-2006, 07:56 PM
I particulary hate the new look , but....I am not the man in charge

Well its a work in progress...........so give it time. There is alot we can do with this one.

HG
06-13-2006, 08:07 PM
Yup I agree with Gen. Sandworm. I think it is better than the old one, I just think we need a spell checker please.

Panzerknacker
06-13-2006, 09:04 PM
And why this is better ?

No diference whatsoever, even more , the white background tend to tired you sight more than the older one. The PMs did not display automatically like the older one.

I hate it.

ww2admin
06-13-2006, 10:17 PM
Folks, we can make all the changes you requested. I just have had no time to make those changes yet. Be patient:) We'll change the colors too.

FW-190 Pilot
06-14-2006, 12:15 AM
so ww2admin, when can we be admins or mods again?

Firefly
06-14-2006, 05:39 AM
I say we all sit back, stop the questioning and give the guy a chance to get the Forum up and running the way we want it.

So I say give it a week or two and we will all be Modding and posting in one of the best looking forums on the Net.

Patience my friends.........................

Gen. Sandworm
06-14-2006, 11:40 AM
I say we all sit back, stop the questioning and give the guy a chance to get the Forum up and running the way we want it.

So I say give it a week or two and we will all be Modding and posting in one of the best looking forums on the Net.

Patience my friends.........................

Totally agreed! I think admin activation is still turned on and I cant turn it off so I dont think we are getting any new members. For the time being I think I can handle the immediate mod situation. So im for Firefly on this one. Give it time.

Please note that even thou they dont have the power at the moment the following members are still mods:

Firefly
Dani
Tiger
Panzerknacker
FW-190 Pilot

So please listen to what they have to say. Thanks!!!!!

Dani
06-14-2006, 01:03 PM
So im for Firefly on this one. Give it time.

Thirded.

Edited: I'm just reading an online vBulletin manual and I understand why it takes a while to manage such kind of boards.

mike M.
06-14-2006, 03:49 PM
Fourtheddddd....LOL ;}

cpl condor
06-14-2006, 05:55 PM
Hey, Condor! I hope you're ok, hope you get more time to post in the near future!

sorry but the move to other unit, take some time. Everything ok?

SS Tiger
06-14-2006, 07:37 PM
sorry but the move to other unit, take some time. Everything ok?

Yep we're good, we'll be still here once you get time off!

Nickdfresh
06-14-2006, 09:23 PM
Well I go away for a month, and everything changes...

I also agree that time should be given so this site can evolve, but I have to say I dislike this "blue" look, it reminds of a Van Halen site I sometimes go to (and get into a lot of arguments)...

It's a tad bland (as was the prior brown field), I think we need something a bit more --edgy...

Lancer44
06-15-2006, 05:59 AM
I salute efforts of noble gathering of Mods and Admins, but as a little battler I would like to ask about few important points:

1. Where are emoticons?
2. Perhaps some instructions would be welcomed - selective quoting is now awkward.
3. I agree with Panzerknacker that colors are annoying.

Regards,

Lancer44

Dani
06-15-2006, 06:28 AM
1. For emoticons, when you post a reply you'll see this:
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/6451/emoticons2ne.jpg

2. You could use the old tags for posting a picture for instance. I'm sure that many more instructions will follows.

3. AFAIK, the problem will be solved by ww2admin.

Lancer44
06-15-2006, 07:05 AM
Hi Dani,

Yeah, it would be easy...
Problem is that I don't see it.
Not because I don't have glasses ... but it doesn't show up on my screen...
There is nothing. Exactly as in "quick reply". NOTHING!

I just sent post to Chevan and I'm afraid that reading it unsoftened and without smiles, Chevan will come from his Krasnodar and cut my throat... (wink)

Cheers, (smile)

Lancer44

I added (wink) and (smile) myself - what a misery...

(edited)
Hey, wow, wow...
I see them now...

(edited)

How to use them?
They don't work...

Thanks!

Cheers,

Lancer44

Dani
06-15-2006, 07:20 AM
Now I see what are you talking about.
Possible solution: scrolling down, on the left side you'll see "posting rules".
In the lower side I have:

vB code (http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/misc.php?do=bbcode) is On
Smilies (http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/misc.php?do=showsmilies) are On
[IMG] (http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/misc.php?do=bbcode#imgcode) code is On
HTML code is Off

So I bet that you have to enable "Smilies".

Dani
06-15-2006, 07:32 AM
Steps:
User CP
Setting & Options
Edit options
(...scroll down...)

Miscellaneous Options
Message Editor InterfaceWhen posting messages to the forums or other members, there are three interface types available to you. The simplest of these is a simple text box, while the last is a fully-fledged WYSIWYG editor, which allows you to format your text as you want it and see the results immediately.

Depending upon the capabilities of your web browser, you may not be able to use all of these options. If you experience problems when posting messages, try switching to a different interface type. Basic Editor - A simple text box Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing Message Editor Interface.

My bold. Choose it.

Also when you post a reply you'll have below:

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options:

Show your signature

Automatically parse links in text

Disable smilies in text

So, unthick the "Disable smilies in the text" box.

Hope it works now!:p

Lancer44
06-15-2006, 07:55 AM
Thanks Dani!

It is as simple as manual for my DVD recorder...
I think I will master it in next three to 6 month.

Anyway, Thanks,

Lancer44

Dani
06-15-2006, 08:31 AM
When you post a reply, under the editing window you'll see this:

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2364/clipboard0117nz.jpg

It's OK now? (A picture worth as a 1000 words...);)

Lancer44
06-15-2006, 06:23 PM
Well done Dani!
Thanks,

Lancer44

Dani
06-15-2006, 11:49 PM
One last thing:
Smilies are shown on the right side of the editing window.
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/2079/clipboard019ej.jpg

The emoticons below the editing window are intended to give a title to the whole post (like you did on your last post):

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/1778/clipboard020ep.jpg

Cheers and glad to help!
Dani

Gen. Sandworm
06-19-2006, 05:39 PM
Please note that even thou they dont have the power at the moment the following members are still mods:

Firefly
Dani
Tiger
Panzerknacker
FW-190 Pilot

So please listen to what they have to say. Thanks!!!!!

I would like to add that Dani is now a mod. I am working on the admin panel and Dani should be getting used to the new mod panel. Which im sure he is finding quite nice. Anyhow Im going to work with him on things so that I can understand exactly what powers the mods will need. So once we get things sorted here soon we will restore old mods. Once again please be bear with us as we are working on things and I promise youll be very happy with the new forum. Its a slow work in progress. Thanks.

Hanz Lutz
06-20-2006, 07:15 AM
I like neww forum looks great , but i can't find smilies thay are not from the right side ,when i look it's empty.

Dani
06-20-2006, 07:20 AM
I like neww forum looks great , but i can't find smilies thay are not from the right side ,when i look it's empty.

Read carefully my posts (related to smilies) here.

Gen. Sandworm
06-20-2006, 10:46 AM
Read carefully my posts (related to smilies) here.

Procedure has been added to FAQ. :D :mrgreen:

Hanz Lutz
06-20-2006, 02:40 PM
Find :cool:

american sniper
06-22-2006, 10:44 PM
i kind of like the old look there was something about it that just felt like it was for WWII. this new looks it to new it does not have a WWII feeling to me.

Shoot i did not get to see the mod forums lol

Gen. Sandworm
06-23-2006, 03:04 AM
i kind of like the old look there was something about it that just felt like it was for WWII. this new looks it to new it does not have a WWII feeling to me.

Shoot i did not get to see the mod forums lol

ww2admin is working on the skin. He tested it recently and it still had a few kinks. Im sure he will update it when he has the time.

american sniper
06-23-2006, 08:31 AM
ok cool

Dani
07-16-2006, 04:24 PM
I just think we need a spell checker please.

ww2admin, I fully agree with HG!