PDA

View Full Version : What does everyone do for a living

Gutkowski
12-06-2005, 06:09 PM
Me I am a Iron Worker ,Out side everyday either I am bitching that it's too Hot or Now I am Bitching that its too cold
I have been doing this for the last 13 years ,its starting to get old .I think I need a office job

pdf27
12-06-2005, 07:00 PM
I'm a mechanical engineer, should get chartered in a couple of years time.

Topor
12-06-2005, 07:22 PM
I have my own retail business.

DerMann
12-06-2005, 08:36 PM
I mooch off of my mom for the time being.

Charles
12-07-2005, 04:57 AM
I mooch off of my mom for the time being.

:lol:

I don't work, just have to study at school :cry:

Lemuel
12-07-2005, 05:09 AM
Film Maker

Man of Stoat
12-07-2005, 05:29 AM
I am a patent Examiner working in the field of mechanical watches.

pdf27
12-07-2005, 05:33 AM
That reminds me of something I've been meaning to ask you for a while. I had to do some patent searching at work (possibly the most boring job I've ever been given - right up there with stagging on at 2am) and the search reports that accompanied the patents really confused me. The majority of the reports were clearly linked to the original patent, but every now and again I'd find what appeared to be a totally unrelated one. The one that really sticks in my mind was finding a patent for the mirror system in an SLR camera referenced as relevant to an application for a specific type of bearing. Is this some kind of patent office joke, or was this really thought to be relevant?

Man of Stoat
12-07-2005, 07:33 AM
That reminds me of something I've been meaning to ask you for a while. I had to do some patent searching at work (possibly the most boring job I've ever been given - right up there with stagging on at 2am) and the search reports that accompanied the patents really confused me. The majority of the reports were clearly linked to the original patent, but every now and again I'd find what appeared to be a totally unrelated one. The one that really sticks in my mind was finding a patent for the mirror system in an SLR camera referenced as relevant to an application for a specific type of bearing. Is this some kind of patent office joke, or was this really thought to be relevant?

If this was a US application, it's quite likely they were being Mongs. If not, the devil may be there in the detail.

Patent searching the way we do it isn't that bad -- I have to process an awful lot of visual information very very quickly, which is a challenge. Those that work in other technical fields don't have it so easy, although many of them don't envy my position because I have to process visual, mechanical information which not everyone is good at. The search tools that we have are also significantly better than anything available to the public. This makes life significantly easier.

While we're talking about US search reports, some of them can be utterly crap. I have even seen a combine harvester cited as relevant prior art against part of a mechanical watch.

Tsolias
12-07-2005, 08:32 AM
I own a small wetsuit manufacturing business.

Iron Yeoman
12-07-2005, 08:35 AM
I'm a dirty smelly 'orrible student. Living off the state and scrounging from my parents! But on weekends i'm OCdt 'yes sir, two bags full sir' and a productive member of society. :lol:

pdf27
12-07-2005, 08:51 AM
If this was a US application, it's quite likely they were being Mongs. If not, the devil may be there in the detail.
<snip>
While we're talking about US search reports, some of them can be utterly crap. I have even seen a combine harvester cited as relevant prior art against part of a mechanical watch.
Thinking about it, I'm pretty sure it was a US search report. I just couldn't see how anyone could be quite that dumb without it being a running joke, but I suppose human stupidity is infinite...

Man of Stoat
12-07-2005, 09:32 AM
<snip>
Thinking about it, I'm pretty sure it was a US search report. I just couldn't see how anyone could be quite that dumb without it being a running joke, but I suppose human stupidity is infinite...

Yes, some of the US PTO's work really is that pump. There is someone who works there doing electronic implementation of music who insists on giving his applications a classification which relates to mechanical gear work for watches! This forms a reasonable proportion of my classification work!

I sincerely hope that Tinwalt still lurking, says he will now be fuming about the British thug gang and their rampant anti-Americanism.:D

Twitch1
12-07-2005, 11:40 AM
I am a historical combat writer/editor mostly freelance these days but have been employed by print and websites before. Years ago I worked in the sale of grocery, candy, tobacco, health and beauty items for a distributor.

Hanz Lutz
12-07-2005, 11:49 AM
I am student ,all day study for school :lol:

tobias
12-07-2005, 01:21 PM
I am a student

study alot, exams are up next week

Charles
12-07-2005, 05:25 PM
I am a student

study alot, exams are up next week

Ha! My exams finished last Monday :D
This week Tuesday + Thursday holiday in Spain. Wednesday(today) "bridge" and no classes. Monday had last exam. Friday I avoid going to school, no use since 1/2 school will be missing :lol:

Domobranec
12-07-2005, 05:35 PM
I study criminal law and work as well.

temujin77
12-07-2005, 08:55 PM
I'm a computer programmer by day, write stuff for my own WW2 website by night, and beer drinker on weekends :)

PzKpfw VI Tiger
12-07-2005, 09:01 PM
I'm a computer programmer by day, write stuff for my own WW2 website by night, and beer drinker on weekends :)

:lol: :lol:

Myself, I am a student, a self proclaimed exotic car appreciator, and WWII Militaria collecter and what not.

FW-190 Pilot
12-08-2005, 04:45 AM
i am the boss of Cliff.com Animation:P
its my dream to establish this company since i was young, hope i can really do it someday:)

PLT.SGT.BAKER
12-12-2005, 01:19 PM
im a reenactor on weekends 8)

FluffyBunnyGB
12-12-2005, 02:05 PM
I sell rubber penises, merkins & associated items to the retail & wholesale trade.

Obviously these days almost all our production comes from China, but I can remember the glory days of the trade when many of the Northern mill towns of Lancashire & Yorkshire had a least one dildo factory or a love egg production facility.

Happy days, happy days

Cuts
12-12-2005, 06:38 PM
im a reenactor on weekends 8)

Does it pay well ?

LargeBrew
12-12-2005, 06:39 PM
i'm a professional pole dancer though I've had to take some time off due to localised chaffing, them poles play havoc with your inner thighs.

FluffyBunny, would the rampant rabbit be one of your products.

PLT.SGT.BAKER
12-12-2005, 08:05 PM
you are a pole dancer :shock: :shock:

PLT.SGT.BAKER
12-12-2005, 08:08 PM
well the reenacting does get paid well just depends on wat kind of reenacting u do sum get paid more then others,my dad is a reenactor :D its cool really u use guns,but not real ones dont want to shoot an allie by accident :wink:

LargeBrew
12-12-2005, 08:31 PM
Yes I am a pole dancer it's a great way to meet all kinds of interesting people, make loads of money and well I wont mention the tips.

The only problems I have is that when I see a poll on this site I dont know if I should vote or twirl and my wife thinks I should get a proper job

PLT.SGT.BAKER
12-12-2005, 08:34 PM
:shock:

JeremyScott
12-12-2005, 08:37 PM
Im a security operator at a chemical plant here in Houston. I work nights so there fore I sit in my shack and get to play on the computer and watch movies all night.

Iron Yeoman
12-13-2005, 03:51 AM
Yes I am a pole dancer it's a great way to meet all kinds of interesting people, make loads of money and well I wont mention the tips.

That's where i know you from before! i thought i recognised that husky tone of voice from the pink pussycat in upper mayfair! :wink:

FluffyBunnyGB
12-13-2005, 04:52 AM
FluffyBunny, would the rampant rabbit be one of your products.

The Rampant Rabbit is a registered design, so we are not allowed to copy it.

However, we are about to launch a new model, the "Horny Hare" which is in the same market poistion.

Thanks for your interest. In light of your current job as a pole dancer perhaps you might consider a sponsorship deal from one of my factories?

The Guangdong Interior Goods & Rubber Cock Factory No3 Ltd would like to find a suitable outlet for their advertising budget, and you might be that very outlet.

If you are agreeable, I will speak to Mr Hu Hee, their CEO, and take discussions further.

Firefly
12-13-2005, 07:06 AM
AT this point I would say back on Topic, but you already are.

I'd be interested in buying a box or two of "Wavy Willies" if you still do them.

FluffyBunnyGB
12-13-2005, 12:14 PM
Sorry Firefly

We had to discontinue the "Wavy Willy" line after some unfortunate incidents and a product liability claim.

We had specified level 3 moistureproofing for the battery model, and level 5 for the mains version (due to the higher inherent risks of 240 volts vs 9 volts).

Sadly, the factory got its wires crossed, both metaphorically and literally and the young lady involved was hospitalised with quite severe burns.

The manufacturer was sued for negligence, pain & suffering and mental suffering, so the line was discontinued.

Funnily enough, I hadn't really envisaged you as prime client material, but whatever floats your boat, as we say in the trade.

Perhaps you'd consider one of our "merkin-lite" pubic wigs? Made from real hair, although not real human hair for hygene purposes, they come in a variety of colours including "GWAR ginger", "dumb blonde", "gordon brown" and "natural" (which is of course, nothing of the sort)

Thanks agin for your interest in our products. You can view our catalogue online at

www.merkins-and-stuff.com

Kind regards

Fluffy

Firefly
12-13-2005, 12:26 PM
Damn, as many of you know I'm a Crab farmer and theres nothing like the Wavy Willy to get the Crabs Xmas party going full swing.

Sorry to hear they had so many accidents, but I suppose it was inevitable in a product that requires so much power to thrust ratio.

Theres a few older Crabs that may look good in the Merkins though, Id take 12 ounces of rough Shag if you do it.

Do you have any 'Rubber Jubblies' in stock this festive season, I would need a gross of them fitted with the electric tasslers and light up thruppeny's.

Finally I am on the look out for some perspex 'Freckle Shields' for the OAP's Xmas lunch.

Yours in hope

FF

Mars
12-13-2005, 03:21 PM
I'm a Dentist :twisted:

2nd of foot
12-13-2005, 04:48 PM
Lecturer in public services and IT part time and a pensioner full time.

Cash
12-14-2005, 08:46 AM
I am currently carrying out research for a book on the history of propaganda. :)
Apart from that, not a lot. :oops: