PDA

View Full Version : Googled my name

temujin77
12-06-2005, 06:06 PM
I googled for my handle "temujin77" on Google today because I was bored. And guess what? A link to WW2 In Color Forums showed up as the first result :)

DerMann
12-06-2005, 06:43 PM
It's weird because I'm registered on so many other forums as DerMann, yet WWII In Colour is the only one that come up...

Gutkowski
12-06-2005, 06:54 PM
Here what I got
http://www.guthotel.it/

Gutkowski
12-06-2005, 06:56 PM
Thats too funny I found it for WWII in color too on the second page of the google search

temujin77
12-06-2005, 06:59 PM
Here what I got
http://www.guthotel.it/

You may have a rich uncle over in Italy! :)

pdf27
12-06-2005, 07:53 PM
Rather strangely, my profile here comes up as the second hit on google (after a Pioneer CD player). This is one of the forums I post on the least, so someone must be linking to it a lot.
Having said that, a lot of the others are ezboard, and they're pretty dynamic so google will probably rarely find them.

Edit: combining my real name in quotes with pdf27 brings up a single google response. The original .pdf document is long gone, but the google cache is still there. Anyone want the challenge of doing some google-fu and working out my real name?

Edit 2: dammit, the Google cache died in the last week or three. Pity, that was quite a good piece of work :(

Topor
12-06-2005, 08:29 PM
Googled my real name three or four years ago & found a reference to a survivor of the Little Big Horn, which seemed strange with such an unusual English name.
Turned out it was my grandfather's great uncle :shock:

PzKpfw VI Tiger
12-06-2005, 09:50 PM
WW2incolor came up on page 2. I thought I'd be a little further to the back considering the Tiger Tank was a pretty big thing. :shock:

Charles
12-07-2005, 05:56 AM
Charles would be too difficult for getting wwII as first pages :cry: :wink:

Firefly
12-07-2005, 06:11 AM
Kept going but got bored after about 30 pages. However when I did it with firefly ww2, it was second top hit. not much use for a guy looking for the tank though!

Firefly
12-07-2005, 06:44 AM
Rather strangely, my profile here comes up as the second hit on google (after a Pioneer CD player). This is one of the forums I post on the least, so someone must be linking to it a lot.
Having said that, a lot of the others are ezboard, and they're pretty dynamic so google will probably rarely find them.

Edit: combining my real name in quotes with pdf27 brings up a single google response. The original .pdf document is long gone, but the google cache is still there. Anyone want the challenge of doing some google-fu and working out my real name?

Edit 2: dammit, the Google cache died in the last week or three. Pity, that was quite a good piece of work :(

Jings! Do you actually have time for anything else? I think I found you on about 4 other forums so far. Glad to see that you fight the good fight everywhere though. :lol:

Twitch1
12-07-2005, 12:42 PM
:D On The Simpsons Homer talks about what he does at work and Googling his name for a couple hour before lunch is what he says he does.

Hanz Lutz
12-07-2005, 12:52 PM
Yup when i put my nick name on ggogle open only movie Phantom in the opera. :(

FW-190 Pilot
12-07-2005, 02:01 PM
when i search FW-190 Pilot, the first two is my name in this website:D

pdf27
12-07-2005, 03:11 PM
Jings! Do you actually have time for anything else? I think I found you on about 4 other forums so far. Glad to see that you fight the good fight everywhere though. :lol:
I tend to have only 2-3 active forums at any one time however - the two ezboard forums I frequent most are pretty regular, and I drift between the others depending on what I feel like and the standard of discussion.

I'm on most of them simultaneously at the moment however as I screwed up what I was doing with annual leave and so am loafing around for the entire month of December with nothing in particular to do!

BDL
12-07-2005, 03:54 PM
My real name gets loads of results (I'm a DJ on Radio 1, a football player, an ice hockey player and a very very boring professor of something boring).

My nicknames only come up with forum memberships (I have about five I regularly go on and a couple I'm a member of but never post on).

PzKpfw VI Tiger
12-07-2005, 04:44 PM

Did you try Clauss or Hanz?

Dani
12-07-2005, 05:22 PM

:lol: :lol:

Hanz Lutz
12-08-2005, 08:37 AM

Do you have a problem with that i am tell my reasons FW-190 Pilot and i send you a PM,so first read and then post.

Firefly
12-08-2005, 08:46 AM
Keep calm Hanz/clausse/phantom please. There is no problem with your new name.

Dani
12-08-2005, 09:18 AM
Keep calm Hanz/clausse/phantom please. There is no problem with your new name.

Seconded.

PLT.SGT.BAKER
12-08-2005, 06:59 PM
cool i just "googled" my name too and it only showed up on two WWII in color sites and a pow site but i regsitered in other places too but they didnt show up but im cool with that... i guess

cpl condor
12-27-2005, 03:50 PM
I googled my name, but find things almost craziest. 8)

Tsolias
12-27-2005, 05:42 PM
In 837 results WW2incolor hits #8!
Not bad at all :lol:

SS Tiger
12-27-2005, 06:25 PM
WW2 in color is the first hit on my name! It gives the URL for my profile.

Link (http://www.google.co.uk/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-GB%3Aofficial_s&hl=en&q=ss+tiger&meta=&btnG=Google+Search)

Sturmtruppen
12-27-2005, 10:22 PM
i hate this google,it's like a badly packed kebab, where is my persec? :(

LargeBrew
12-28-2005, 12:48 AM
Erwin your persec went west when you used your real name to register on internet sites. I seem to remember you posting a links to a google page relating to you and your arrsepedia entries.
I never use the same screen name twice and though I will indicate my general location ( yes it's near Liverpool UK) I never actually state where I live. If you look at the where I am from thread you will notice that most of the UK members do the same, in the ball park but not the target.
Think of it in terms of the first Terminator movie, the Terminator used a page from the phone book to identify his targets. Not that any one would send a psychopathic robot back in time to slot you ( getting the parts was easy but I couldn't afford the power supply). Once you give up your name and location you are at the mercy of any numpty that you have pissed off, It's too late to start complaining now

Sturmtruppen
12-28-2005, 12:58 AM
Erwin your persec went west when you used your real name to register on internet sites. I seem to remember you posting a links to a google page relating to you and your arrsepedia entries.
I never use the same screen name twice and though I will indicate my general location ( yes it's near Liverpool UK) I never actually state where I live. If you look at the where I am from thread you will notice that most of the UK members do the same, in the ball park but not the target.
Think of it in terms of the first Terminator movie, the Terminator used a page from the phone book to identify his targets. Not that any one would send a psychopathic robot back in time to slot you ( getting the parts was easy but I couldn't afford the power supply). Once you give up your name and location you are at the mercy of any numpty that you have pissed off, It's too late to start complaining now

yes sir,to see where you live all i need is your ip :lol: ,i live in buenos aires,but that is bigger than the entire uk!,how can i be found?.

the thing that i don't like is people from here seeing what i write in other forums!,that's all.

can you do my a psicological analisis?,i want to know more about me.

Cuts
12-28-2005, 06:03 AM
yes sir,to see where you live all i need is your ip :lol: ,i live in buenos aires,but that is bigger than the entire uk!,how can i be found?.

Unfortunately Erwin, the IP does not give a very good idea of locations if certain precautions are taken.

There are a number of programmes that hide or change the location of an IP, indeed some of the major providers even offer them as an option for their clients.
Some will give a different one each time the computer is used, others can be set to give a particular loc.

Sturmtruppen
12-28-2005, 10:51 AM

Unfortunately Erwin, the IP does not give a very good idea of locations if certain precautions are taken.

There are a number of programmes that hide or change the location of an IP, indeed some of the major providers even offer them as an option for their clients.
Some will give a different one each time the computer is used, others can be set to give a particular loc.

Yes,i know, PROXY,you can download hide ip platinum,that is good.

but still there are softs to recognize it im afraid.

however not most of people know what the hell is an IP.

Erwin