PDA

View Full Version : Finally a Vote on the Greatest WWII Game EVER!!! PLZ VOTE!

Gen. JoshM
07-03-2005, 04:53 PM
I Vote CoD...what about you guys? :D...NOTE: IF YOUR CHOICE IS OTHER THAN THESE PLEASE ELABORATE HERE.

Cactus
07-03-2005, 05:03 PM
I love a lot of those I mean it is hard to choose just one. 8)

Caliber
07-03-2005, 05:46 PM
i think they are all damn good. but i love bf1942. just the fact there are ships, tanks, planes, and other things that u can use makes it that much sweeter. for me there is no doubt its bf1942, great great game.

Cactus
07-03-2005, 06:21 PM
i think they are all damn good. but i love bf1942. just the fact there are ships, tanks, planes, and other things that u can use makes it that much sweeter. for me there is no doubt its bf1942, great great game.

Indeed I just hate it when everyone goes rambo and there is no team effort that really makes for a losing battle. Aside from that factor it is awomse I mean I like to go solo at times too but when you need flags teamwork is essential 8)

Caliber
07-03-2005, 10:03 PM
espessially the last dam flag. that always pissed me off. holding them all the way to the last but not being able to cap it cause they all spawn from there :x

but still an amazing game, which is why it got my vote. call of duty is also amazing. i recently started to play moh and sadly i dont like it that much anymore, still good, but i dunno lost its flame so to speak.

personally now i prefer to go for the realism type games. sadly all these games are mods of games that need a good pc to run, and i dont really have that.

i love red orchestra, but i cant play due to my shitty video card :(

South African Military
07-03-2005, 10:34 PM
CoD! expecially CoD UO!! Most realistic WW2 1st person shooter that I have played.

Caliber
07-03-2005, 11:11 PM
CoD! expecially CoD UO!! Most realistic WW2 1st person shooter that I have played.

try red orchestra my friend

Sturmtruppen
07-04-2005, 02:17 PM
cod is realistic,but,you`re like a hero,it`s really easy to win,if you play battlefield,you are really closer to the realism,no heros,vehicles,different infantry class,and flags!.

i love batllefield

Firefly
07-05-2005, 06:46 AM
I vote for none of the above. Op flash and GR have WW2 MODs that make them much more realistic options and they are both non-linear.

Bladensburg
07-08-2005, 05:56 PM
Why no mention of Hidden and Dangerous?

CrossBones
07-09-2005, 10:42 AM
Salute!!

Why no mention of Hidden and Dangerous?

Really!!! Its a great game!!!

Kurt Panzer Meyer
07-14-2005, 09:00 AM
CoD and CoD: UO hands down. The Stalingrad scenery is absolutely breathtaking. I can't wait for CoD2.

TDM multiplayer absolutely rocks 8)

Anyone here into DoD?

How about Rocket Ranger? :wink:

Sturmtruppen
07-14-2005, 08:31 PM
DoD rules mate!

Kurt Panzer Meyer
07-15-2005, 08:13 PM
hehe, I love finding out who are fellow DoDers 8)

Caliber
07-15-2005, 09:53 PM
i play dod... simply cause it runs flawlessly on my comp, and cause i like it online, can be fun. if i had a better comp id play cod/bf1942... but both those games run ok, so long as there isnt much action/players :p

Commando Jordovski
07-29-2005, 05:57 AM
call of duty 8) 8) 8)

Hanz Lutz
07-29-2005, 06:03 AM
Call of Duty is best ww2 game. :wink:

Firefly
07-29-2005, 06:32 AM
I voted none of the above, they are all the same anyway and far too linear.

Ghost Recon and Op Flashpoint (OFP) are the only true non-linear games out there. They both have ww2 Mods and they both are great to play live.

If you havent tried it, give it a go.

Edited to add, the poll has the wrong title. You should have said best first WW2 first person shooter.

Other games that spring to mind are IL2 etc........

Hanz Lutz
07-29-2005, 07:50 AM
Ghost recon and Operation Flashpiont this is not ww2 games ,in Ghost recon time in game is 2020.

StalingradK
07-29-2005, 12:09 PM
Call of Duty hands down for me :P I simply love the chaos and the feelings that you are accually part of a war, I don't like the MoH series where you are like this godly war hero that slaughter German soldiers and raid cities single handedly, and also the music... I CAN'T GET THE MUSIC OUT OF MY HEAD AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, the one in UO where you finish Bastogne :x

Firefly
07-29-2005, 12:47 PM
Ghost recon and Operation Flashpiont this is not ww2 games ,in Ghost recon time in game is 2020.

Not quite true, check this.....

http://www.opflashpoint.org/images/screenshots/2000-GTO.jpg

Its a ww2 Mod for Op Flash

Also Ghost recon has several ww2 Mods, barbarossa and War of Infamy are just 2 of them.

Sturmtruppen
07-29-2005, 12:47 PM
i will be killed,but i never enjoyed call of duty,i won all the game in 1 day,and the most difficult thing was the controls of keyboard!.
Itīs more difficult in lan play,i prefer it,but i donīt like it still.
the call of duty is like im american or brit or russian,i am of the good guys,a hero,i kill all the germans,i always win,all germans are devils.you can kill 200 germans with a mg,and donīt have to reload.

i hate when the game is im the hero,kill all a regiment with a tompson.

sorry,but i find it boring

Hanz Lutz
07-29-2005, 02:49 PM
i will be killed,but i never enjoyed call of duty,i won all the game in 1 day,and the most difficult thing was the controls of keyboard!.
the call of duty is like im american or brit or russian,i am of the good guys,a hero,i kill all the germans,i always win,all germans are devils.you can kill 200 germans with a mg,and donīt have to reload.

hehehe you want to fight for germans isn't it download german mod for call of duty .

South African Military
07-29-2005, 10:12 PM

You finished it in one day!!!? Well of course its not that fun. What did you do it in, novice level? I love the way CoD expecially CoD UO gives you an experience that you are playing while whatching a movie!

Sturmtruppen
07-29-2005, 10:32 PM
the first time i finished it,was the first time when i played it,i have to say that all game was easy because you donīt have much to do than put dinamites,kill germans,get the anti tank gun,use the truck machinegun and find the level end.l

I played it on novice,like i do in every game when i play it first.

i finished the hard in two days 8) .

as im good at war and strategy games,im not perfect,i have to say that im shit in role games like diablo2,or games about old epochs (those with swords).

I liked sudden strike :lol: (nice game).

the game battlefield is simple,but funny because you do what you want,and itīs difficult when you play it online with the clans

StalingradK
07-29-2005, 11:38 PM

Whoa Whoa Whoa, this is coming from a CoD player? I might understand the Eder Dam mission but what you are describing to me sounds like a MoH game. Maybe it's that easy with cheats on :lol: anyways, trys the single player mods :twisted: those are wicked and make the game a lot harder and add more levels, trust me download em you won't be sorry.

South African Military
07-30-2005, 12:17 AM

Whoa Whoa Whoa, this is coming from a CoD player? I might understand the Eder Dam mission but what you are describing to me sounds like a MoH game. Maybe it's that easy with cheats on :lol: anyways, trys the single player mods :twisted: those are wicked and make the game a lot harder and add more levels, trust me download em you won't be sorry.

I thought eder dam was fun. You were a cammando!

Sturmtruppen
07-30-2005, 12:25 AM

yes,sadly,a player of that boring game,and im afraid i not use cheat,and i deleted the game and gift the cd :lol:

StalingradK
07-30-2005, 02:30 AM
What ever floats your boat Erwin :D

Hanz Lutz
07-30-2005, 05:14 AM
Eder Dam is very spupid mission ,one man kill all german regiment ,germans not stand and wait to someone shut them .

StalingradK
07-30-2005, 07:35 AM
And that's why I hate MoH games... except MoH:AA I loved Omaha Beach, the part where you only see fog and hot lead flying twoards you... AWESOME

Del369
07-30-2005, 09:15 AM
S! All
Oh my oh my have you guys ever lead sheltered lives :lol:

World War 2 Online (www.wwiionline.com) been playing it for years, it just gets better and better, now i know this is my first post but it looks like you guys have never heard of it ??? if you haven't check it out, once you play this then any other WW2 game just pales into it's rightful insignificance (i honestly kid you not)

*edit* btw we need ALLIED soldiers, up to now there's been far to many of those Axis muppets :)

StalingradK
07-30-2005, 09:32 AM
Welcome to the Forums man and I have heard of WWII Online I just need a better connection :(

Del369
07-30-2005, 10:58 AM
Thx Stalingradk, what connection do you have ? its actually one of the games still possible to play on dial up (56k that is) though yea i'd recomend cable/dsl and isdn at the very least) what do you have ?
more important would be ram and a half decent video card.
i play on
cable
1.5gb 333 ram
9800pro 128mb
xp2600+
and its well playable

Firefly
07-30-2005, 11:17 AM
Thx Stalingradk, what connection do you have ? its actually one of the games still possible to play on dial up (56k that is) though yea i'd recomend cable/dsl and isdn at the very least) what do you have ?
more important would be ram and a half decent video card.
i play on
cable
1.5gb 333 ram
9800pro 128mb
xp2600+
and its well playable

Mate, if your here to recruit I think you should mention that its $16 a month to play it.....

Del369
07-30-2005, 11:23 AM
recruit or enlighten ? i would have thought this'd be right up some peoples ally here, here ya go :-

http://www.ww2incolor.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=13815#13815

and uh $13.99 last i looked ???

american sniper
07-30-2005, 11:31 AM
CoD all the way man

Commando Jordovski
07-31-2005, 11:26 AM
Welcome to the Forums man and I have heard of WWII Online I just need a better connection :(

Yeah, I need to get Broadband over here which is the fastest in the country, but the expenses are so high, but otherwise i would play call of duty online.
I have played CoD online before at a friends house with 27 people online on Map "Berlin", and i got the highest score of 129 in 30 minutes :D :D :D :D

Commando Jordovski
07-31-2005, 11:28 AM
And that's why I hate MoH games... except MoH:AA I loved Omaha Beach, the part where you only see fog and hot lead flying twoards you... AWESOME

Medal of Honour story lines are actually quite poor compared to CoD, and MoH scenary is a bit pathetic, dont you reckon ?

Sturmtruppen
07-31-2005, 04:17 PM
What ever floats your boat Erwin :D
:D

what are you talking about sir?

Commando Jordovski
07-31-2005, 09:41 PM
I think what he means Erwin, is what ever makes you happy do it :wink:

Sturmtruppen
07-31-2005, 09:56 PM
:D

Commando Jordovski
08-01-2005, 01:12 AM
CoD all the way man

Nice signature picture mate :D

StalingradK
08-02-2005, 05:35 PM
I have Dial Up, I can sometimes play CoD as long as it's past 10pm and there's less than 9 people in the server... I AM THE KING OF THE KAR98K, any of you vs me, you will die, even with Dial Up I can still rule without Hax. :twisted:

Sturmtruppen
08-03-2005, 03:17 PM
I have not played them all but I love BF42. I like to play Gazala and El Alamein

yeah!,good taste,el alamein is the best of those maps,and gazala is pretty good.

i liked stalingrad too.

StalingradK
08-04-2005, 02:11 PM
Bocage is fun, because enemies get bottle-necked on the bridges and when they do :D POW POW POW POW POW down I come with my Corsair and slaughter the infantry and maybe a tank or two.

Hanz Lutz
08-04-2005, 03:40 PM
Did anyone play new battlefield i not and i heard ww2 is not tematic in new battlefiield i think that is iraq ,but i try to find pictures.

Jamminjustin
08-05-2005, 01:17 AM
Did anyone play new battlefield i not and i heard ww2 is not tematic in new battlefiield i think that is iraq ,but i try to find pictures.

You mean BF 2? Its a moderan day era game with the US against China and the Middle Easts

TexWiller
08-05-2005, 04:09 AM
try silent storm if you want something other than a fps.

www.mobygames.com/game/windows/s2-silent-storm

Hanz Lutz
08-05-2005, 04:35 AM

You mean BF 2? Its a moderan day era game with the US against China and the Middle Easts
Yes something like that ,i never play becouse i dont know . :wink:

Siberian Rifleman
08-09-2005, 02:12 AM
I have all the games in the poll, and I choose Call of Duty series :) Don't forget CoD games are made by those previously worked on Medal of Honor. So CoD is in reality an improved (or uber-improved) version of MoH :D

Commando Jordovski
08-13-2005, 04:15 AM
When i play Medal of Honour i dont have the same intense feeling as i do when i play my very well recognized Call of Duty..i know all the levels and guns off by heart and it still makes me jump when i die.

Commando Jordovski
08-13-2005, 04:17 AM
By the way , can anyones computer run and handle Battlefield 2 perfectly smooth without lag on their computers ?, slow or fast loading and i doubt anyone can run it on high graphics.

Hanz Lutz
08-13-2005, 10:12 AM
For playing Battlefield 2 you must have very very ,powerfull computer ,with perfect graphic and big speed. :wink:

Commando Jordovski
08-14-2005, 06:50 AM
When i Lan with mates their computers can handle it but mine cant...it might be because i only have 252RAM and Radeon 9200 graphics card.
I have got a 2.8 Ghz processor so thats good :) and a very good motherboard.

Commando Jordovski
08-14-2005, 06:51 AM
If i upgrade my graphics card and add more Ram then i shoould be alright for the moment anyway lol.

Hanz Lutz
08-14-2005, 09:59 AM
You have good computer ,you can play all games ,good for you. :lol:

Commando Jordovski
08-15-2005, 06:27 AM
Nah i cant play all games :shock: :?
lol i get the piss taken out of me for having a crap computer, but i reckon its alright.

Gen. JoshM
08-19-2005, 07:04 PM
Call of Duty's mulitplayer rules, its probably the most fun multiplayer expierence out there. :D

Commando Jordovski
08-21-2005, 02:57 AM
I reckon mate :D

I play call of duty multiplayer with LANNING but i cant with online because my internet is too slow...i need broadband :o

jnd2089
02-22-2006, 05:09 PM
I love all of them, really good games, although some graphics could be tweaked up

dscody
09-14-2006, 12:44 AM
I am new to the forum and I doubt that anyone still looks at this old thread. I like several of the games listed in the poll, but I think the best WWII game is not a computer game...

Avalon Hill's "Advanced Squad Leader" is clearly the best in terms of depth, realism, and historical accuracy. Granted the graphics on the cardboard pieces aren't the best, but then I don't need an accelerated graphics video card to read them! (only my reading specs!)

dsc

Norris
09-18-2006, 06:38 PM
COD its the greatest PC game i have ever played

angform
01-14-2007, 04:00 PM
Call of Duty is the best FPS of WW2 & Company of Heroes the best RTS of WW2.

Sgt.Hartsock
01-20-2007, 07:04 PM
You forgot brothers in arms earned in blood now that's the best game but brothers in arms death match is very entertaining having your own squad of men is kind of annoying sometimes having to look after them but that probally why it's so good. :neutral:

p.s brothers in arms hells highway is out soon:D

RifleMan20
01-27-2007, 10:08 PM
All these games are good but the Call of Duty series have to be the best.

GermanSoldier
01-27-2007, 11:05 PM
All these games are good but the Call of Duty series have to be the best.

Totally agree. Trust me by experience I know this.

GermanSoldier
01-27-2007, 11:06 PM
You forgot brothers in arms earned in blood now that's the best game but brothers in arms death match is very entertaining having your own squad of men is kind of annoying sometimes having to look after them but that probally why it's so good. :neutral:

p.s brothers in arms hells highway is out soon:D

That game is so hard on dark levels. I can't get past one of them. But I'm far on the game.

PLT.SGT.BAKER
02-19-2007, 09:35 PM
Heres some pointers, don't buy the MOH series, except Frontlines, that was pretty good. Apparently they have a game set to come out this March called MOH Vanguard. From the ingame screenshots, the environment looks like crap, isn't very detailed, dosen't look like effort was put into it.

C.E.R.T.
03-13-2007, 12:18 PM
What the heck people? Only two mentions of Red Orchestra? This game is the most realistic FPS that the WWII genre has! Sure you have to download Steam, but it is soo worth it. No bunny-hopping, no point-and-click slaughtering and bullets affected by gravity. If you don't use your head and your team you're screwed. Ah, I would go on, but that would take too long and would anger so many people. Anyway, ya. You know you want it.

comrade C.E.R.T. out-

Chevan
03-15-2007, 09:55 AM
I think we need to devideof the games in its classification .
i would vote the next :
Among Shooters

1. Place :-CoD series( all games)
2.. Place -Madal of Honnor series
3. Place - Return To The Castle Wolfenstane ( the mixture of horror and WW2 brings me the GREAT enjoy 5 years ago).

Among Strategies

1. Faces of War ( game of 2006 year)
2. Hidden and Dangerous
3. SiddenStrike serries.

Net Shooters

1 CoD
2. Battlefield 1942

Avia -Simulator

1. IL-2: Forgotten battles
2. Microsoft CFS2

U-boat simulators

1. Silent Hunter3

My single woit was for the CallOfDuty for its unicue atmosphere,music, actors work, and ets.
My great thanks for the developers:D

Cheers.

panzerpete
03-19-2007, 08:05 PM
call of duty 3 is awesome!!!! BEST GRAPHICS

FW-190 Pilot
03-20-2007, 05:11 PM
call of duty 3 is awesome!!!! BEST GRAPHICStoo bad they are only for concole!

GermanSoldier
03-20-2007, 05:17 PM
call of duty 3 is awesome!!!! BEST GRAPHICS

Do you have Xbox Live Panzerpeter?

panzerpete
03-20-2007, 07:51 PM
no, but im thinking about geting it, i have th xbox

StalingradK
04-02-2007, 09:10 PM
company of heroes now, that just obliterates everything out there, though I still play CoD:UO alot.

Erik
04-03-2007, 06:08 PM
Battlefield 1942 is by far the greatest WWII game of all time. Land, air, sea, different nations, many different theatres and huge environments.

WW2Online is pretty good aswell.

newGuy123
04-26-2007, 12:15 AM
up!observe this thread.<p><p><p>----------------------------------------<p>read books online for free (http://free-book.58search.com)

Croat
04-26-2007, 01:33 PM
COD is the greatest it beats every WWII game

Vassili Chukolov
04-30-2007, 04:35 PM
The brothers in arms series is one of my favories. Realistic, and use of tactics fits me well.

newGuy123
05-11-2007, 01:18 AM
up!observe this thread.

Winters
05-16-2007, 01:08 PM
he he he he i still love playing BF1942 , but dude u missed out company of heroes , that is the greatest ww2 game ever!

overlord644
05-30-2007, 06:39 PM
i find that brothers in arms: road to hill 30 (along with BIA: earned in blood) is the greatest, the realistic portrayal of small unit tactics is unparalleled along with suppressing and flanking an enemy there is also the opportunity to efficiently use weapons (such as using the BAR for suppressing fire and a carbine for assaulting) .
Also i find that Battlefield 1942 is a close second, i must admit that in terms of realism this game is the worst, however it is very fun in both single player and MP, also a seemingly never-ending supply of MOD's has kept this game entertaining for years.

Integral
06-12-2007, 08:15 AM
I am surprised that there is no mention of any of the Battlefront Games, Combat Mission:Beyond Borderlord; :Africa Corp ; :Berlin to Barbarossa.

Battlefront (http://battlefront.com/)

These are excellent games give them a look.

bwing55543
07-03-2007, 08:26 PM
Medal of Honor: Frontline, baby. ;)

AFARaider
07-09-2007, 09:20 AM
I'm in a multi gaming clan and we have this debate all of the time. Sure theres screams for CoH, rocks thrown for BF aswell as others. . . But in the end, , , , We ALL endup playing CoD. Handsdown its CoD... And beleive me I know cause, , , I'm not god but I wear sandles. . . :shock:

bwing55543
07-18-2007, 08:55 PM
I'm in a multi gaming clan and we have this debate all of the time. Sure theres screams for CoH, rocks thrown for BF aswell as others. . . But in the end, , , , We ALL endup playing CoD. Handsdown its CoD... And beleive me I know cause, , , I'm not god but I wear sandles. . . :shock:

I recently got Call of Duyt 3 for the PS3. I like Medal of Honor: Frontline and CoD 3 equally, they both have their strengths and weaknesses. CoD 3 is more intense, whereas MoH: F has cool espionage missions. Also, MoH: F's strength lies, IMO, in the D-Day invasion segment.

sniper18
07-22-2007, 09:01 PM
What do you mean comparing any WorldWar game to Call of Duty.

1st) Its fun and addicting.

2nd) It is also educational in the sense that it teaches about the weapons and historical events that happened back then.

bwing55543
07-23-2007, 10:07 AM
What do you mean comparing any WorldWar game to Call of Duty.

1st) Its fun and addicting.

2nd) It is also educational in the sense that it teaches about the weapons and historical events that happened back then.

So is Medal of Honor (pre-European Assault).

I feel that Call of Duty 3 is just a tad overrated. It's fun and quite realistic, but the game is painfully short and lacks a coherent story. The four soldiers you play as in the campaign seem to bear little to no consequence to the storyline. They never speak. The other characters rarely speak to them. This is especially true in the American campaign. The story seems to revolve around the Sarge, Dixon, and Guzzo primarily. There were times were I really felt like just an extra in a movie who had action sequences more than anything else in this game.

Drake
07-25-2007, 12:03 PM
Isn't it comparing Apples with oranges, when you take for example a 3d shooter like MoH (which I would prefer in that category) and a Blitzkrieg title for example?
My favorites in every category would be:
Grand Strategy: Hearts of Iron 2 - Doomsday
Real Time Strategy: Blitzkrieg Series
3d Shooter: Medal of Honor Series
Round based Strategy: Panzer General (Brilliant it was:D, probably spend the entire 8th and 9th grade playing that game back and forth)

kallinikosdrama1992
11-21-2007, 10:10 AM
ok . because i am a world war 2 games fanatic i've played medal of honor , call of duty and brothers in arms series . that's what i think for every one of them :
i like cod but it is to easy . the missions are to simple and you dont have to think what to do to destroy a machine gun position or something else .
medal of honor covers both theatres of war , but the first three or four games where not detailed and had bad graphics . Medal Of Honor Pacific Assault and Medal Of Honor Airborne where excellent .
Brothers In Arms series was the most difficult games i've ever played . no crossair , not steady when aiming . was something that made you believe it was real .

Moreheaddriller
12-10-2007, 08:00 AM
Tottaly Cod

Steven
12-22-2007, 07:35 AM
Call of duty its Great! But better than great is Company of heroes...The better strategy game!!!:D:D:D

Moreheaddriller
03-18-2008, 10:18 PM
Amd yet no one included red orchrestra in this poll

Major Walter Schmidt
03-20-2008, 11:24 AM
What about endless war?
www.arcadetown.com/endlesswar3/game.asp

BriteLite
03-21-2008, 04:34 PM
My all time favorite is not on the list.:confused: Panzer General 1. I still play it.

MayberrySaint
03-21-2008, 07:01 PM
I'm a bit of a Luddite, so...Advanced Squad Leader (Avalon Hill).

Dark1995
03-26-2008, 05:44 PM
Call of duty series all the way

Jagdpanther
05-12-2008, 01:55 AM
medal of honor

BearMgk
05-21-2008, 01:08 PM
call of duty is a good first person
blitzkrieg is a good strategy game
but now im awaiting Brothers in arms Hells Highway a reallistic world war two game

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/768/768236/brothers-in-arms-hells-highway-20070227025604592.jpg

IndianaJones1936
07-16-2008, 06:04 AM
Im pretty sure the news Brothers in Arms (Hells Highway) will be the best WW2 game yet, it looks amazing

Keystone Two-Eight
07-17-2008, 08:31 AM
Amd yet no one included red orchrestra in this poll

You know, I have not had the chance to peruse all the replies to this initial post, but what is it about us North cack-a-lackee guys, and Red Orchestra? I think "Red Orchestra" had a real good chance to be a great game, but maybe the game platform made it a big turn-off. Personally, I love the tanks in Red Orchestra, very realistic (the KV2 is just a lumbering brute), but I dont like how there was no game to play, save for multi-player or practice rounds, and I thought the foot soldiers moved VERY slowly.

Ive got MOH Airborne, but I need a new graphics card to play it first, so I'm gonna have to say I enjoyed the COD games best so far. I wish though, that maybe they had beefed up some of the boards, more artillery fore, different missions, that sort of thing. For instance, the Hurtgen forest campaign was lame. They missed a chance to make a part of the game really hard, really realistic and educating at the same time (gee with a name like Keystone 28, whod'a thought I'd bring up the Hurtgen campaign?? LOL). I suppose they got closer to it in COD 2, but it was still lacking (IMNSHO) something.

SS Ouche-Vittes
07-17-2008, 01:38 PM
COD 3 is the best on multiplayer. I play it at my friends house on Live. Its fun and has the best graphics. Battlefield1942 would be my followup choice, the game doesn't require much to play online. I used to play it on my Pentuim 3 which had a 996Mhz processor almost 1 ghz. Its fun when you play with co-operative teammates. I love playing as the axis, the japanese type 99 machine gun is awesome. On the map: Wake Island: I'd go solo with the jap machine gun and crawl near the airfield prone and start sniping with the machine gun and with the P-08 pistol. I was so good people started calling me a hacker. my name was TOP TEAM LEADER with a friend named TOPTEAM ARCHIVES he was best with the zero. Anyways i have lots of great memories playing that game.

Hysteria__
07-17-2008, 01:57 PM
As great as the Brothers in Arms series was, it has to be Battlefield 1942, especially considering all the mods and downloads for it.

flamethrowerguy
07-21-2008, 07:48 PM
The game was given a roasting a little bit but I liked "Sniper Elite" very much!

HG
08-07-2008, 04:48 AM
Of those in the poll I would also say the Call of Duty series.

Alex
09-24-2008, 07:41 PM
I like the different games for differnt reasons. So far, no game has seriously taken the Italian Campaign into consideration other than Sicily.

My favorite series if Hidden and Dangerous and the sequel. No contest.

ww11freak34
11-10-2008, 08:53 AM
call of duty 2 big red one has 4 missions based in sicily.

HG
11-10-2008, 02:20 PM
Yes, Call of Duty 2 Big Red One did cover that quite good.

ww11freak34
11-15-2008, 01:11 AM
why would u put callof duty call of duty 4 is modern how can u say call of duty is all ww11.i personally like medal of honor

Hauptmann
12-05-2008, 07:50 PM
Altough I have all Call of Duty games, I personally don't enjoy it as much as the Brothers in Arms series, which I find much more realistic, especially the latest one (BIA: Hell's Highway).

murkz
12-07-2008, 07:06 AM
Well my first post here so, Hi all.

As for my Vote on the Greatest WWII Game EVER!!!

It is none of the above,as good as they are :)

My vote goes to:

Red Orchestra and a new mod for it called Darkest Hour.

It is online only, the graphics are a bit dated but it is very accurately modelled and very realistic.

Check it out.

Jeff

grenadier99
12-28-2008, 09:14 AM
Advanced Squad Leader gets my vote for board games and pc goes to the close combat series A bridge to far and Wacht am rhein.

colonel hogan
12-29-2008, 02:07 PM
Yes, Call of Duty 2 Big Red One did cover that quite good.

very good game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wingsofwrath
12-30-2008, 05:24 AM
Red Orchestra as a FPS and Close Combat as a RTT.

You just can't beat that level of realism.

colonel hogan
01-06-2009, 09:16 PM
it has totally got to be cod series

colonel hogan
01-06-2009, 09:17 PM
i also like the blazing angels games

colonel hogan
01-06-2009, 09:17 PM
i also like the blazing angels games

although 2 isnt that fun id say

Schuultz
01-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Well, you're definitely missing the best one of them:
Company of Heroes
It's probably the best WW2-themed video game I know - And I've played pretty much every game on your list. :army:

Doughboy
05-02-2009, 12:04 PM
COD series.

leccy
05-02-2009, 02:32 PM
Close combat series for me especially CC3 with the ability to pick up weapons and ammo from dead soldiers (that was sooo missing from CC2)
The mod community was/is huge and you can find mods for most campaigns and alot of the lesser armies involved. (And lots of strange mods or later war mods)

Blitzkreig series for being able to do top view down to ground level view and zoom in and out.

Boardgame style but on a computer Western Front/Eastern Front.

s.pz.abt.503
05-03-2009, 01:55 AM
MEN OF WAR !!!!! The best and the most realistic ww2 tactical -strategy game ever made. Absolutely superb ! (out now! from 27feb. 2009)

boyne_water
05-03-2009, 04:02 AM
I still play Steel Panthers.Old but very good

boyne_water
05-03-2009, 04:05 AM
OH and every now and again i play PANZER GENERAL just to make me feel good.

Todesengels
05-04-2009, 06:35 PM
Sorry guys but the campaign in COD WAW one me over on the best WW2 game ever.

Schuultz
05-04-2009, 10:53 PM
If you guys want a really good WW2-shooter, get Red Orchestra. It's about 4 years old by now, and most of the servers are dead, but in my eyes it's unparalleled regarding realism and fun.

Also, they're making a sequel due to be out this holiday season.

Saxon
05-09-2009, 08:24 AM
I still play Steel Panthers.Old but very good

Yes, this game is like chess, it will be around for many years to come.

Steel Panthers is not - like most games here - a first person shooter. But is a battalion level game. You typically control about 5 companies or approx 600 men, 20 tanks, from a top down view.

You can play almost any nation 1930 -1946, against the AI or against human opponents.

I highly recommend it, and you can download it for free:

http://www.shrapnelgames.com/Camo_Workshop/WW2/WW2_page.html

Doughboy
05-10-2009, 09:21 AM
If you guys want a really good WW2-shooter, get Red Orchestra. It's about 4 years old by now, and most of the servers are dead, but in my eyes it's unparalleled regarding realism and fun.

Also, they're making a sequel due to be out this holiday season.
I can't find it for ps2.

Schuultz
05-10-2009, 11:54 AM
It's PC only

Doughboy
05-13-2009, 03:11 PM
It's PC only
Okay.:)

crusader1096
12-04-2009, 07:20 PM
For me it's Hidden & Dangerous 2. It has a good campaign, a very nice squad based gameplay, Lots of weapons and uniforms, etc.

Schallburg
12-06-2009, 10:39 AM
My favorites are Sudden strike and Close Combat 3&4

Munchausen
12-10-2009, 10:30 AM
I guess by "game" you're talking about something in the digital realm as opposed to FTF. I picked MoH simply because that's all I have any experience with. The best WWII game evar is really Squad Leader. It's a chit and hex wonder that easily trasposes over to miniatures. FPS's and RTS's just don't relate the social nicities well enough for me.

cimot_cool
03-23-2010, 11:14 AM
I vote for the other. (Sudden strike and Company of heroes)

IMO..... I like both the game play is good in company of heroes as it is in sudden strike.

VonWeyer
03-24-2010, 02:24 AM
Call of Duty...the original!

Leibstandarte
05-29-2010, 12:18 AM
BF1942, although it is unrealistic in terms of reality - it makes up in game play.

downwithpeace
06-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Great amount of mods out for BF1942, only real issue i had with it was the excessive Fog of War.

Adibach
03-06-2011, 11:04 PM
the Brother in Arms Series is the best IMO

skorzeny57
03-07-2011, 11:35 AM
Call of Duty Series: Modern Warfare, World at War, Modern Warfare II and Black Ops. Expecially the multiplayer-online mode! :cool:

Hanz Lutz
03-27-2011, 05:08 PM
Call of Duty Series: Modern Warfare, World at War, Modern Warfare II and Black Ops. Expecially the multiplayer-online mode! :cool:

Signed CoD Rulz

JohanS83
04-14-2011, 12:59 PM
Sorry my favorit isnt in the list. Absolutly swear with hearts of iron series..

jamestallakson
04-30-2011, 08:23 PM
ok, everyone played call of duty, it was all the same stuff. i like brothers in arms better, i felt more connected to the characters and it has a great story. i cant wait for seige at bastogne!

jmac0414
05-09-2011, 02:15 PM
I have "Road to Hill 30", and in my opinion this is one of the best true to life games out there.

Der Toten Kaiser
07-09-2011, 04:49 PM
I think that Axis & Allies shouldn't be in this poll because it is a boardgame

Demonx
04-16-2012, 09:16 AM
I am missing World War 2 Online on that list :)! Wich i think is the best ww2 game ever, allthough beeing more like a sim then a FPS i guess some ppl dont even try the game, wich is a shame, because there really is no other game like this one.

cimot_cool
06-24-2013, 08:22 AM
My vote goes to the Call of Duty series

steben
08-23-2013, 10:22 AM
I think that Axis & Allies shouldn't be in this poll because it is a boardgame

That's what I voted !!! I love it, i bought the original 80ties box version long ago and played it to death. 100% Strategy board game, the complete opposite of call of duty.
I love being in the decision-making, war-winning throne...
These games make you realize the significance of "best tank" threads: nihil
Soon I'll buy the 1942: 2nd edition version.
http://www.axisandallies.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/d497a44.jpeg

It does exists as a computer game anyway in many variants: tripleA.

flyerhell
09-08-2013, 11:39 PM
Call of Duty: World at War is a fantastic game and number three in my top three WWII games. One reason why I liked the game so much is because it wasn't a "Saving Private Ryan rip off" kind of game, which so many other WWII games seem to be. It also included many of the important battles that are rarely seen in video games (Seelow Heights, Okinawa, etc) AND allowed the player to play as both the Soviets and a US soldier in the Pacific, which again, very few games allow the player to play as.

Number two is the Close Combat series, simply because I had hours of fun playing those games back in the 90s and (as far as I know) they were among the first WWII strategy games to come out.

Number one, by far, is the Company of Heroes series. This game is one of two games (the other being the Civilization series), that I completely lose all track of time playing, and I can come back and replay the game years later without getting bored. While the game can be glitchy at times and not always historically accurate, I always have a great time playing these games...and these games also allow the player to play lesser known, but very important campaigns such as Market Garden, etc.