PDA

View Full Version : Wearing of real life medals

Tubbyboy
06-27-2005, 03:12 AM
OK, it all started as a bit of a joke and there have been a few heated comments on both sides of the argument. So, should I continue to wear my ribbons in my signature block or should I get rid of them?

For those interested they are (from left to right): Op Telic (Iraq medal), General Service Medal 62 (Northern Ireland bar) and the Queens Golden Jubilee Medal.

Strictly speaking the Telic medal should have a rosette attached.

I can assure all members that I am entitled to wear all of the above.

So, comments below please.

Tubs

Gen. Sandworm
06-27-2005, 03:16 AM
Tubbyboy I changed your poll for any member. Yes you should be allowed to wear your medal on this site but I hope you understand my difference to it. I thank you and all the other UK US and other members of the coalition fr what you did. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Gen Sandworm

FW-190 Pilot
06-27-2005, 03:34 AM
i am sorry, i didnt know its your real medals
so what are those medals mean?

Dani
06-27-2005, 03:40 AM
FW-190 read Tubbyboy's post and you'll find some answers.

Tubbyboy missed an opportunity to improve the site not posting his medals prior to Gen. Sandworm idea. :D

I agree with Tubbyboy sig. He has this right.

Edited for typo.

Crab_to_be
06-27-2005, 05:33 AM
The poll needs a "don't care" option. Post what you like in the signature.

Tubbyboy
06-28-2005, 09:41 PM
So..... who voted no, and why?

Sturmtruppen
06-28-2005, 09:44 PM
I voted no,because showing medals without a reference,will make no diference with site medals,so,if you wear real life medal,i think you should put first in the sign: THIS ARENīT SITE MEDALS,you did good because you have that in your sign,but if some user donīt put that,they will make the site confusive.

if no,why donīt we choose all medals and done :lol:

Tubbyboy
06-28-2005, 09:50 PM
To be honest, despite the poll supporting my decision to put ribbons up, I am thinking of removing them.

They make me feel slightly waltish, especially when I consider there are more than a few ex-inf types on here that would have to put double (or more) rows up!

My paltry 3 aren't exactly the mark of a seasoned British soldier....

Sturmtruppen
06-28-2005, 09:53 PM
no man.donīt remove your medals,you earned them,and they can make confusion (at my point of view) but i know you must be proud of them,so,keep them in the sign (ORDERS FROM A MODERATOR!!!) :D

2nd of foot
06-29-2005, 05:10 PM
Just to be picky Tubbyboy the GSM should read GSM 62, it had a number of bars NI was only one. I have only ever come across someone with more than one (3) but he came from the regiment. I only have three. :)

Tubbyboy
06-30-2005, 03:59 AM
Just to be picky Tubbyboy the GSM should read GSM 62, it had a number of bars NI was only one. I have only ever come across someone with more than one (3) but he came from the regiment. I only have three. :)

Yessir, I will edit my post accordingly sir.

2nd of foot
06-30-2005, 05:38 AM

Yessir, I will edit my post accordingly sir.

http://www.medals.lava.pl/bc/r/uk1mcs.gifhttp://www.medals.lava.pl/bc/r/uk1mlsa.gifhttp://www.medals.lava.pl/bc/r/uk1mas.gif +Bar

:)

Tubbyboy
07-01-2005, 08:18 AM
I think I can guess who the second no vote is from.....

Caliber
07-01-2005, 12:31 PM
... if u guessed me then u win something. (dunno what :p)

Tubbyboy
07-01-2005, 04:13 PM
... if u guessed me then u win something. (dunno what :p)

No, I didn't guess you - what are your objections?

PzKpfw VI Tiger
07-05-2005, 10:43 AM
Sorry to intrude Caliber and Tubbyboy but my oppinion : As long as Tubbyboy has explicitly stated that the medals are not from this site (as he has done) and is qualified to wear such medals, that he should be allowed to wear them on this site.

Firefly
07-05-2005, 11:19 AM
I think it should be allowed if thats what you want to do, and like you I only have 3 as well. But I dont think its waltish if they have been earned.

Bluffcove
07-06-2005, 06:37 AM
ROFL - you are being banned from claiming that these are site medals!

gosh no imagine the disresepct that you are giving to the founder members of the site that have fought long hard wars to earn their pixellated glory!

Tubbyboy, you mighth ave earnt real medals for active duty in various theatres but wo betide that you try and claim cudos from the moderators of the site.

Top effort will keep me chuckling for days!

Gen. Sandworm
07-06-2005, 11:00 AM

gosh no imagine the disresepct that you are giving to the founder members of the site that have fought long hard wars to earn their pixellated glory!

Tubbyboy, you mighth ave earnt real medals for active duty in various theatres but wo betide that you try and claim cudos from the moderators of the site.

Dont know if you just being an ******* or not. Coz it looks like you were drunk when you wrote the above. But we have mostly agreed that there is no problem with him or any other member wearing medals that they have really earned. The awards program was just a fun addition to the site. You dont like it fine just disregard it. But you dont have to be a ****ing **** about it.

Yours truly,

Gen. Kiss my ***.

:D

Crab_to_be
07-06-2005, 02:18 PM

Troll, troll, trollity troll.
We'd sorted it out already, and people were happy. Now you have spoiled it for EVERYONE. :wink:
Struggling... to... care...

festamus
07-06-2005, 03:29 PM
Now you have spoiled it for EVERYONE.

You just don't

Bluffcove
07-06-2005, 07:50 PM
sorry lads, have been away only just found the thread, was amusment more than anything else wasnt stirring jsut stumbled across it and found it funny, I dont have a problem with ayone showing medals, just genuinely laughed at the way it was played out!

no ill feelings sorry about that.

glad to see the anglo saxon verancular creeping into sandworms posts, "****ing ****" a marvellous term if ever tehre was one!

chortle.

sorry guys no hard feelings please dont accuse me of trolling any members other than FRIONPAN

Sturmtruppen
07-07-2005, 10:31 PM
Gen. Kiss my ***.

:D
sir,you deserve medals! :D

1000ydstare
08-06-2005, 06:37 AM
If you're allowed to wear them, and you want to put them up do so.

Otherwise don't.

And why not bin these idiotic site medals?

They mean nothing and are pump.

Hanz Lutz
08-06-2005, 11:19 AM
Mate you are not sergeant major only sergeant major can reccomendet anyone for medal ,and who are you to insult site medals ,they mean a lot for real members, do you read site rules if you not read.
This is only friendly sugestion stop posting insults or administrators banned you. :wink:

1000ydstare
08-06-2005, 11:40 AM
Don't recall putting any one up for a medal. Sorry if I offend.

Cuts
08-06-2005, 12:52 PM
Mate you are not sergeant major only sergeant major can reccomendet anyone for medal ,and who are you to insult site medals ,they mean a lot for real members, do you read site rules if you not read.
This is only friendly sugestion stop posting insults or administrators banned you. :wink:

I don't think he was being insulting Clauss, I see his point mind.

Why do site medals mean so much to 'real members' ?
It's not as if one puts oneself out or shows particular valour to get one, a lot seems to be done by obsequiousness and perhaps PMs.

(Or perhaps that's what you meant by 'real members' ! If so you well and truly got me to bite ! :lol:)

1000ydstare
08-06-2005, 01:00 PM
Do you not like me clause?

It's just i've noticed one or two of your posts directed towards myself as possibley being sarcastic or conceited.

What is a real member?

I have a great deal of knowledge in WW2, in color or black and white, and have had an interest in it for some time. And I chose to join your site. Does this not make me a member.

The fact that I find one of your (personally) most cherished parts of the site as purile and childish is surely a side issue.

What do the medals mean to you, a real member?

Again offence is not my intention, just an inquiry. Although my ingnorance is no defence.

Where is freiburg, I'm in Germany too.

Sturmtruppen
08-06-2005, 08:17 PM
OFF TOPIC!!!.

STOP,OR I DELETE YOUR POSTS (BTW,DON'T REPLY)

Cuts
08-06-2005, 11:13 PM
OFF TOPIC!!!.

STOP,OR I DELETE YOUR POSTS (BTW,DON'T REPLY)

I thought the moderators for this forum were FW-190 Pilot, South African Military and Dani ?
The forum header still says so.

Megalomania setting in ?

Sturmtruppen
08-06-2005, 11:28 PM
i know,i had the error.

STOP OUT OFF TOPIC,OR I WILL ASK THE RESPECTIVE MODERATORS FOR DELETING YOUR POSTS :wink:

Hanz Lutz
08-07-2005, 05:11 AM
Ok sorry erwin. :oops:

Sturmtruppen
08-07-2005, 05:47 PM
Ok sorry erwin. :oops:
no problem my friend,this is just an advice.

and i guess this topic finished gentleman,you can wear medals of real life if you wish.

Charles Carver
11-07-2005, 04:54 AM
What do you guys honestly think about this topic

Charles
11-07-2005, 11:52 AM
What do you guys honestly think about this topic

Oh! Shit! Don't confuse me with him! Im Charles only :lol: :wink:

Ryan
03-29-2006, 02:10 PM
I think its your every right and anyone elses to post your medals. And congrats. on earning those medals:)

CDN3RD_Canadian
03-29-2006, 07:06 PM
I dose not really matter to me if a person dose, so I voted yes.

GermanSoldier
01-24-2007, 09:06 PM
If they are given the medals they have the right to wear them.

Gen. Sandworm
01-25-2007, 08:33 AM
If they are given the medals they have the right to wear them.

Real life medals are fine.

GermanSoldier
01-29-2007, 10:19 AM
The poll needs a "don't care" option. Post what you like in the signature.

Yeah I know why does it matter.

Gen. Sandworm
01-29-2007, 10:45 AM
Locking this thread down as well:

It is perfectly fine to wear medals or honors you recieved in the military. It is advisable to make the distinction between those and the site medals, however, it is not required. I feel it would be insulting to post medals that you did not actually earn. As we can not easily prove that issue .... I will say it is an infraction to wear site medals you did not earn. If we find you wearing medals your sig that you claim you earned but did not earn in real life ........this would be deemed offensive. It's insulting to those that have served and/or are now serving in the military. I hope this settles this issue. Please PM the staff if you have any questions. Thanks