PDA

View Full Version : Multiculturalism - Yes or No

witman111
11-20-2015, 02:33 AM
...multiculturalism rejects the notion of integration through assimilation...

Couldn't say it better myself. I love Vladimir Putin !
https://www.rt.com/politics/putin-immigration-manifest-article-421/

There will be lots of Fergusons in US of A, until it's only real integrative factor (it's white population) falls to below 30%. Than bye, bye...

A signal of things to come Jewish banking "Citygroup moves gold reserves to ... Russia !"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYo7kB6q-nU

In Russia live Russians. Any minority, from anywhere, if it wants to live in Russia, to work and eat in Russia, should speak Russian, and should respect the Russian laws. If they prefer Shari Ďa Law, then we advise them to go to those places where that's the state law. Russia does not need minorities. Minorities need Russia, and we will not grant them special privileges, or try to change our laws to fit their desires, no matter how loud they yell 'discrimination'.

We better learn from the suicides of America, England, Holland and France, if we are to survive as a nation. The Russian customs and traditions are not compatible with the lack of culture or the primitive ways of most minorities.

HA HA HA lets see some would be western politicians have the courage to say something like that to it's... banksters financing multiculty loby... and it's Obama like puppets. All the luck to NickedFresh, respective forum member.

http://www.nairaland.com/1573456/boss-putin-says-no-sharia

Rising Sun*
11-20-2015, 05:51 AM

There will be lots of Fergusons in US of A, until it's only real integrative factor (it's white population) falls to below 30%. Than bye, bye...

A signal of things to come Jewish banking "Citygroup moves gold reserves to ... Russia !"

HA HA HA lets see some would be western politicians have the courage to say something like that to it's... banksters financing multiculty loby... and it's Obama like puppets. All the luck to NickedFresh, respective forum member.

Very amusing, but this is even more amusing, and makes better sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsysNml153M

Rising Sun*
11-20-2015, 06:06 AM
Don't ignore the Sousaphone for an accompaniment to your first post. Fits perfectly, with even a bit of the Ride of the Valkyrie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs4P1kKK-5k

tankgeezer
11-20-2015, 08:59 AM
Don't ignore the Sousaphone for an accompaniment to your first post. Fits perfectly, with even a bit of the Ride of the Valkyrie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs4P1kKK-5k

tankgeezer
11-20-2015, 01:14 PM
I engaged in some multicultural activity today, I mixed some Dannon yogurt with some Oikos,, quite tasty even though the Oikos kept asking for more fruit from the Dannon.

Churchill
11-20-2015, 01:44 PM
Hah, I love that sousaphone guy.

witman111
11-20-2015, 01:48 PM
But WAIT I have something WONDERFUL for you
https://youtu.be/f8WVkbXOHfM?t=29

How bout that sugar-pops, gonna explain law to them or your funny little kitten will ? This is Lutton, 30 km from London.
Things will soon spread, even for you to see from your Australian alcatraz.

or you wanna be killed on street like that soldier in London by discriminated immigrant with a matchette

Maybe your kitten will save ya' ???

tankgeezer
11-20-2015, 02:20 PM
Hah, I love that sousaphone guy.

tankgeezer
11-20-2015, 05:35 PM
Very amusing, but this is even more amusing, and makes better sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsysNml153M

I believe that scientists the World over are now engaged in dogged research to discover the reason for unreasoning fear of vegetables as displayed by cats. Since the reason for unreasoned fear may lie in the cats themselves being unreasoning, it is only reasonable to assume it has something to do with the double negative of the observed unreasoning behavior.

Churchill
11-20-2015, 06:57 PM
I'm fairly certain those are the same scientists that are currently researching perpetual motion machines by strapping buttered toast to the back of a cat and then strapping that entire assembly to a turbine. Their research is progressing slowly, as the cats are wary of many non-catfood-based food substances such as vegetables (as seen above).

tankgeezer
11-21-2015, 01:27 AM
In today's scientific update, scientists have determined that cats refused to allow the toast to be spread with margarine of any kind.(it being vegetable based) Further, they are as yet quite reluctant to allow real Butter to be used either. Further testing involving different types of Bread will carried out next week.

Rising Sun*
11-21-2015, 06:52 AM
But WAIT I have something WONDERFUL for you
https://youtu.be/f8WVkbXOHfM?t=29

How bout that sugar-pops, gonna explain law to them or your funny little kitten will ? This is Lutton, 30 km from London.
Things will soon spread, even for you to see from your Australian alcatraz.

or you wanna be killed on street like that soldier in London by discriminated immigrant with a matchette

So?

It's already happened here and it's going to get worse here and everywhere else until we wipe these bastards out.

I don't see how that's going to be affected by reducing the African American birth rate or controlling Jewish banking, or following any other neo-Nazi (and not so neo Nazi) shibboleths.

Maybe your kitten will save ya' ???

Probably.

http://islam.ru/en/content/story/love-and-importance-cats-islam

Nickdfresh
11-21-2015, 09:51 AM

It's funny when a racist shithead from the backwater posts silly tripe. Putin favors the Serbs you "cleansed" so it's interesting he's the hero of an Ustasha racist.

But perhaps you're right, perhaps our vast GNP will decline to the levels of oil-bound Russia? Oh dear!

Nickdfresh
11-21-2015, 09:52 AM
So?

It's already happened here and it's going to get worse here and everywhere else until we wipe these bastards out.

I don't see how that's going to be affected by reducing the African American birth rate or controlling Jewish banking, or following any other neo-Nazi (and not so neo Nazi) shibboleths.

Probably.

http://islam.ru/en/content/story/love-and-importance-cats-islam

Well, killing the Croatian Jews in the most vilest of manners didn't seem to do the Croats much good...

tankgeezer
11-21-2015, 10:09 AM
Witman 111 posted: "But WAIT I have something WONDERFUL for you" May I say that in view of the direction of your thread, we may have something wonderful for you in the very near future.

aly j
11-21-2015, 10:07 PM
NO! No one else has it (including Jewish Israel) so why should we???

Rising Sun*
11-22-2015, 03:04 AM
Witman 111 posted: "But WAIT I have something WONDERFUL for you" May I say that in view of the direction of your thread, we may have something wonderful for you in the very near future.

A kitten?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ba/fb/db/bafbdbaf426ef2425c2e66ca317087a7.jpg

Rising Sun*
11-22-2015, 03:12 AM
NO! No one else has it (including Jewish Israel) so why should we???

Because I like kebabs and gyros and pizza and char siu and beef rendang, among other things.

If we made all migrants assimilate to the existing culture we'd still be living on mutton and two veg.

Or, applied strictly, witchetty grubs and yams and other traditional Aboriginal food.

navyson
11-22-2015, 07:32 AM
Because I like kebabs and gyros and pizza and char siu and beef rendang, among other things.

If we made all migrants assimilate to the existing culture we'd still be living on mutton and two veg.

Or, applied strictly, witchetty grubs and yams and other traditional Aboriginal food.
:lol:

tankgeezer
11-22-2015, 09:45 AM

Or, applied strictly, witchetty grubs and yams and other traditional Aboriginal food.\
Don't forget sugar Ants, Mmmm, Tasty... (grubs are a bit bland, but okay if properly seasoned.) :) ;) I doubt that the majority of people expect a Borg like Assimilation of immigrants in general, Where would the U.S. be without the contributions of "Americans" such as Werner Von braun, Albert Einstein and Mssr's Bell, and Tesla? (not to mention all of those other Americans who brought us Whisky, and Beer making. )

tankgeezer
11-23-2015, 12:42 AM
A kitten?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ba/fb/db/bafbdbaf426ef2425c2e66ca317087a7.jpg
Absolutely..

Rising Sun*
11-23-2015, 07:10 AM
Absolutely..

Kitler?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNt5yIEqhj4

tankgeezer
11-23-2015, 08:32 AM
Jawohl !

imi
11-23-2015, 10:57 AM
No
Every country have own culture, this also based the tourism
Look I think if someone curious to another culture, go to the foreign country and learn or build his/her own personal life about the adored culture, but not confuse everybody's culture in one place, this is no Disneyland :D

witman111
11-24-2015, 08:32 AM
It's funny when a racist shithead from the backwater posts silly tripe. Putin favors the Serbs you "cleansed" so it's interesting he's the hero of an Ustasha racist.

Well, killing the Croatian Jews in the most vilest of manners didn't seem to do the Croats much good...
You know, after seeing Lutton radical Muslim rally I certainly hope you don't hold any managerial posts - because relying on your power of perception your shareholders would be bankrupt in no time. We discussed malignancy of US foreign politics in Middle East in other thread which you happily abandoned.

Slavic nations like Serbs, Russians, Croats, Czechs, Pols in Eastern Europe refused to accept any refugees whatsoever and have total support of population which obviously makes all of them racist shitheads.

That crazy Merkel women welcomed unlimited number of Syrians into Germany WITHOUT any referendum on the issue, which of course, would certainly vote down the idea. Democracy ? Result ?
I visited city Dusseldorf few years back as tourist and tried to count pretty blond German ladies on streets. You know how many I counted in 2 days among probably 10.000 pedestrians ? 0. None. Not one. So you see dear Nick, Germans as were known for 3000 years and who alongside Anglo Saxons and French account for most of technological and cultural development of this world have for all practical purposes been transformed (at least in major cities) and were successfully drowned in multiculty pot in last 50 years. In countryside situation may be better but that's only a question of time with current breed of politicians.

In that sense Putin may have similarities to Hitler, but there won't be any Sharia abiding immigrants slashing down soldiers with machete in Moscow anytime soon. And you may, dear Nick, soon follow gold reserves of City group all the way to Siberia.

But perhaps you're right, perhaps our vast GNP will decline to the levels of oil-bound Russia? Oh dear!

1) Russia is not only oil, but bound anything. It's 1/3 of land mass, remember ?
2) Your "vast" GNP is partially based on fictional dollar printing and debt inflation that is supported by unlimited world wide military intervention that changes regime in any raw material country that happen to refuse your "fictional" and "worthless" paper inflated dollars. It's a ponzi scheme on gigantic scale that started with breakup of gold standard. When your military supported financial ponzi scheme finally collapses than we'll see.

And by the way, your vast GNP means almost nothing to ordinary Americans who don't even posses their own house and who live in debt all their life. It does, however, mean everything to top 5% which will happily sent other 95% to any war necessary to support the scheme. Including you.

Maybe you would like to read statements of Thomas Jefferson regarding banking criminal structure being setup in USA few centuries ago ? Or that is too much of intellectual reading...
Obviously down to earth, straight forward, personal insults are more to your liking and inclination.

JR*
11-24-2015, 09:09 AM
Hard to know how to react to that rant. There is, clearly, "background" here, with which I am not familiar. One problem I have is that I agree - up to a point - with some of the points raised. In particular, I also am very worried at this stage by the quantities of "funny money" created by quantative easing on both sides of the Atlantic, and the possible consequences of it leaking out but, on the other hand, the implication that we could work the Gold Standard in current conditions is ... impractical. Also, the problem of "cultural dilution" in the West is worrying - but some of this cultural dilution comes from social and cultural changes entirely within Western society. Also, I tend to agree about the actions of the "crazy Merkel woman". She certainly bulldozed over a heap of European Union law in her "Statue of Liberty" gig, whether owing to a perception of German national interest, or due to sheer sense of omnipotence and hubris, or both, is a matter for conjecture. However, none of this means that Europe needed (needs) to come to an effective, reasonable and lawful response to the "refugee crisis", notwithstanding the Iron Chancellor's idiocy. I expect that she will get hers at the next German Federal elections.

I cannot agree with the implication that the Muslim world has made no contribution to the advance of culture and civilization. The bedrock of our civilization, culture, art, and science owes a very great deal to the transmission of classical learning conducted by Islamic cultures in the Middle Ages, and to Islamic culture and science. Ludicrous to suggest otherwise.

I do hope that we are not heading into another flame exchange/banning episode, here. This site seems a bit weak at the moment, anyway. Do we really need this ? Yours from a Bunker Near You, JR.

Nickdfresh
11-24-2015, 10:08 AM
You know, after seeing Lutton radical Muslim rally I certainly hope you don't hold any managerial posts - because relying on your power of perception your shareholders would be bankrupt in no time. We discussed malignancy of US foreign politics in Middle East in other thread which you happily abandoned.

Slavic nations like Serbs, Russians, Croats, Czechs, Pols in Eastern Europe refused to accept any refugees whatsoever and have total support of population which obviously makes all of them racist shitheads.

Then what is your point? I think the U.S. has accepted a few thousand, maybe 10,000 at most and tends to not have any major issues with Middle Easterners despite having a fairly sizable immigrant population. Outside of 9/11, you'd have a tough time finding much evidence that Muslim immigrants in the U.S. have done much of anything. And the 9/11 Attacks were premeditated externally with virtually no domestic support...

Maybe you should do some research, or finish school or something? Because if you're implying this is about security, you might be hard pressed to explain why Putin's Russia has endured a far greater number of Islamist extremist terror attacks than the U.S. has from it's citizens and neighbors...

Mainly, I was referring more to your posts implying racial inferiority of African Americans with your "Ferguson" comment, which seems extraordinarily stupid given that their ancestors did not choose to immigrate to America. So obviously that has nothing to do with immigration. And the U.S. has had African influences in its culture since long before the American Revolution. So it's nothing new nor particularly foreign..

That crazy Merkel women welcomed unlimited number of Syrians into Germany WITHOUT any referendum on the issue, which of course, would certainly vote down the idea. Democracy ? Result ?

I dunno. What does that have to do with me and why did you mention me in the first post of this thread. You're an immature racist looking to troll here by vacillating between topics that deserve discussion then tying them to a greater racist and antisemitic conspiracy agenda that is pretty clear...

I visited city Dusseldorf few years back as tourist and tried to count pretty blond German ladies on streets. You know how many I counted in 2 days among probably 10.000 pedestrians ? 0. None. Not one. So you see dear Nick, Germans as were known for 3000 years and who alongside Anglo Saxons and French account for most of technological and cultural development of this world have for all practical purposes been transformed (at least in major cities) and were successfully drowned in multiculty pot in last 50 years. In countryside situation may be better but that's only a question of time with current breed of politicians.

Oh no! No more Aryans in Germany!!

In that sense Putin may have similarities to Hitler, but there won't be any Sharia abiding immigrants slashing down soldiers with machete in Moscow anytime soon. And you may, dear Nick, soon follow gold reserves of City group all the way to Siberia.

I dunno about Putin's similarities to Hitler. But if you are so ignorant to imply that there haven't been bloody terror strikes in Russia, you might want to Google "Chechnya"...

1) Russia is not only oil, but bound anything. It's 1/3 of land mass, remember ?

Not bound by oil? Really? Do tell. Please break down the Russian economy for us, genius. Then go count the number of Russian blondes...

2) Your "vast" GNP is partially based on fictional dollar printing and debt inflation that is supported by unlimited world wide military intervention that changes regime in any raw material country that happen to refuse your "fictional" and "worthless" paper inflated dollars. It's a ponzi scheme on gigantic scale that started with breakup of gold standard. When your military supported financial ponzi scheme finally collapses than we'll see.

LOL

And by the way, your vast GNP means almost nothing to ordinary Americans who don't even posses their own house and who live in debt all their life. It does, however, mean everything to top 5% which will happily sent other 95% to any war necessary to support the scheme. Including you.

Almost two-thirds or the American population "owns their own home". Again, grow up idiot and do some research instead of just spouting ignorance...

Maybe you would like to read statements of Thomas Jefferson regarding banking criminal structure being setup in USA few centuries ago ? Or that is too much of intellectual reading...
Obviously down to earth, straight forward, personal insults are more to your liking and inclination.

Maybe you can link it? What does the "criminal banking scheme" have to do with economies of scale? I suppose much, but you seem to be just throwing out cliche conspiracy shit. Personal insults? Who called whom out by username in this thread?

You want to talk about multiculturalism and immigration, fine. If you're trolling with a pretty clearly Neonazi/Ustaše agenda, I think that is a bit different...

Nickdfresh
11-24-2015, 10:28 AM

I do hope that we are not heading into another flame exchange/banning episode, here. This site seems a bit weak at the moment, anyway. Do we really need this ? Yours from a Bunker Near You, JR.

Are you kidding? It's been so long since we've had a troll to play with! No one is getting banned. :)

tankgeezer
11-24-2015, 12:22 PM
Here we make the Trolls dance to earn their keep.

witman111
12-08-2015, 07:39 AM
\
Where would the U.S. be without the contributions of "Americans" such as Werner Von braun, Albert Einstein and Mssr's Bell, and Tesla?

America was melting pot experiment , among other national and sovereign states. Now, national states disappear as experiment globalizes the world.

the implication that we could work the Gold Standard in current conditions is ... impractical.

why ? dollar and gold would value less as volume of goods increased. It seems to be terminated because endless speculation and dollar printing by US banking gangsters would not be possible. FED is not state but private owned, did you know that Nick ?

Also, the problem of "cultural dilution" in the West is worrying - but some of this cultural dilution comes from social and cultural changes entirely within Western society.
Migrants refuse to assimilate ! You have whole Turkish neighborhoods in Germany where Turkish flags are raised when Germany plays Turkey !!!

Then what is your point?
I wait for moment when Lutton rally comes to NY and US police goes to hell.

Mainly, I was referring more to your posts implying racial inferiority of African Americans with your "Ferguson" comment, which seems extraordinarily stupid given that their ancestors did not choose to immigrate to America. So obviously that has nothing to do with immigration.

a) How bout Baltimore, sugar pops ? Reason ? Blacks tend to drop out of school and have lots of children, all on social welfare of course... Did you learn something called geometric progression ?

b) Weren't "African Americans" :) repatriated to Liberia ? Would you remind me what marvelous state did they manage to build there ? Maybe you would like to compare that to Southern Africa for example ?
Not implying anything...just asking questions

I dunno about Putin's similarities to Hitler. But if you are so ignorant to imply that there haven't been bloody terror strikes in Russia, you might want to Google "Chechnya"...
At least Chechens are smart enough not to protest anywhere near Moscow...russia Always had Muslim minority, and porous borders - int's not a continent

Not bound by oil? Really? Do tell. Please break down the Russian economy for us, genius. Then go count the number of Russian blondes...
a) Russia has plenty of blondes and will for some time, thanks to Putin.
b) Which part of graph, don't you undertsand ?
http://fromtone.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/GDP-by-sector.jpg

Almost two-thirds or the American population "owns their own home".
They don't own shit, it's all on mortgage, babun.

What does the "criminal banking scheme" have to do with economies of scale?
a) It's not economies of scale, it's dollar printing privileges....
b) Words of Thomas Jefferson - YOUR PRESIDENT, which you don't learn in school...
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

JR*
12-08-2015, 07:53 AM
Oh, what can I say ? Don't feed him ? I could write a small book in response to the latest rant. But I shall refrain ... Yours from the Gates of Walhal, JR.

tankgeezer
12-08-2015, 08:27 AM
Witman111 said: " Words of Thomas Jefferson - YOUR PRESIDENT, which you don't learn in school..." Well we did learn those words in school,they are fair well known words . Don't expect us to hand you a larger spoon to stir our Pot with.

Churchill
12-08-2015, 02:30 PM
Are we still going on about this guy? Sounds like he would support Le Pen. Or Trump. Or my arch-nemesis.

tankgeezer
12-08-2015, 07:26 PM
The posts are utterly worthless, but it's fun to watch him Dance.

witman111
12-18-2015, 09:35 AM
Again, migrants refuse to assimilate as Putin and even Merkel pointed out before ! Why have Switzerland banned mosques in referendum ... probably because they are primitive and backward nation ...

Witman111 said: " Words of Thomas Jefferson - YOUR PRESIDENT, which you don't learn in school..." Well we did learn those words in school,they are fair well known words . Don't expect us to hand you a larger spoon to stir our Pot with.
Obviously there are some here who did not and asked for illumination.

tankgeezer I am utterly unmotivated with your comments :):):)
hopefully some suicide bomber will shake you up :P

Rising Sun*
12-18-2015, 10:22 AM
Again, migrants refuse to assimilate as Putin and even Merkel pointed out before ! Why have Switzerland banned mosques in referendum ... probably because they are primitive and backward nation ...

It's a measure of desperation to be quoting Putin on anything.

As for Switzerland, its long and continuing history of hiding the loot of various dictators and appalling regimes guilty of the worst crimes against humanity demonstrates that it isn't primitive or backward, just repulsively venal and mercenary. It would be a deservedly economic backwater if it had to rely upon its modest resources of cows and snow.

As for migrants assimilating to the host community, and as somebody married to a migrant to my country who fled the horrors in the former Yugoslavia said to me about a year ago, "As long as they live by our laws and customs, I don't care who comes here".

That doesn't mean they can't continue their own customs and language and beliefs, as long as they're not insisting that we have to change our ways to accommodate them. Which, apart from the occasional arrogant arsehole from various ethnic and or religious sectors, they don't. Over time, we'll all learn to accommodate each other in reasonable matters.

As for the arrogant arseholes and their demands, if they don't like it here they can f**k off. Which is the same opinion shared by the majority of recent migrants who came here for a better life.

I doubt that TG is greatly, or even slightly, concerned with motivating you.

Your intolerant sentiment that TG or other people should be hurt or even killed by a suicide bomber to demonstrate your intolerant opinion about intolerant people of the sort given to suicide bombing espoused by ISIS etc puts you in the same category as ISIS.

Do you think it's a bit odd to be demanding that migrants assimilate while at the same time hoping that TG or other members of his dominant community, to which you want migrants to assimilate, will be hurt or killed by a member of the small proportion of migrants who not only don't assimilate but violently reject the dominant community of which TG and the people you want hurt to demonstrate your empty point are members?

Seems to me that you have a way to go before you have assimilated to the the dominant community of which TG is a member so, until you get on board with the rest of the dominant American and wider Western community which finds suicide bombing repugnant, I'd suggest that you leave your head up your own arsehole and don't post again until you renounce advocating suicide bombing of American, or any other, citizens just because they disagree with you.

tankgeezer
12-18-2015, 11:20 AM

Obviously there are some here who did not and asked for illumination.

I looked through the posts, and found no one had asked for illumination. I did see you as usual attempting to troll the site, a behavior that has in the past earned you well deserved vacations. As to you being motivated, it is impossible for me to care less what if anything motivates you. Were you a thinking person, (admittedly a long shot, but a slim possibility) you should pay heed to RS* advice, as presently, you're sitting up a tree, on the wrong side of the saw.

JR*
12-18-2015, 11:40 AM
Did the Swiss ban mosques ... or just minarets ? Having some familiarity with modern Swiss cities, I would say it is just possible that many who voted for the ban were worried that more minarets might break the continuity of the predominant skylines of uniform apartment blocks and rather less uniform enormous headquarters buildings of various international organisations (ILO, WIPO, FIFA ...).

It is actually quite impossible to ban mosques. I suppose you could try to use planning/use laws (and the Swiss are top-hole about that sort of thing) but, in the end of the day, all you need to set up a mosque is a smallish room for ablutions (and to lose the shoes) and a large room with plenty of carpets, mats etc, along with a few cinder blocks to create the shrine-thing facing towards Mecca. That's it. Around the corner from my house is what is reputed to be Ireland's most radical mosque, catering mainly for Pakistanis and Bangladeshis. It is an adjunct to a large warehouse operation run by a Moslem entrepreneur involved in the importation of spices and exotic pulses and vegetables from the Indian sub-continent. (Very useful service to the community - we never run out of basmati rice, tinned spinach or brown lentils around here.). Our other (known) mosque was Dublin's first - it is located in a former Protestant Christian church, across the road from a former synagogue. One day I was stopped by a cheerful young south east Asian van driver who asked me for directions to this place of worship. I told him where it was, to be answered with the question as to whether it had minarets. I had to describe to him what it actually looked like, managing to remember that it was distinguished from actual Protestant churches by having a Crescent Moon emblem on the roof. He did not seem particularly surprised ...

I say "only other (known)" because it is virtually certain that there are more around the area, housed in less conspicuous premises. While the radical lentil appreciation society around the corner might be worrying, I am more worried by some of these micro-mosques which, along with their associated madrassas, are the most likely hosts for ultra-radical foreign imams and other dodgy Islamist characters who, it has recently appeared, have begun to visit the country in order to ensnare young Irish Muslims (and most of them are, legally, Irish) to the cause of ISIS or Al-Queda. Our security forces appear to have limited penetration of this world (hardly surprising - the average young military intelligence officer or Garda would not have learned Arabic, Urdu or Punjabi in his primary school) and our Muslim clerical establishment remains much more complacent about this trend than their counterparts in, for example, the UK. Of course, it may not all be complacency. After all, one of the most vocal Islamic spokespersons here is based on our largest Islamic cultural centre, which is linked to a large mosque (with minarets) located in prosperous south Dublin, which was certainly constructed (and is almost still subsidized) from outside the country. Who could be supplying the dosh ? Could it possibly be Wahhabi interests located on the Arabian Peninsula ...? Yours from the New Caliphate, JR.

tankgeezer
12-18-2015, 12:30 PM
Maybe this fellow is the Bag Man.

Rising Sun*
12-19-2015, 10:21 AM
It is actually quite impossible to ban mosques.

So far, that's the case here.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/bendigo-mosque-appeal-thrown-out-of-court-20151215-gloj2z.html

I suppose you could try to use planning/use laws (and the Swiss are top-hole about that sort of thing) but, in the end of the day, all you need to set up a mosque is a smallish room for ablutions (and to lose the shoes) and a large room with plenty of carpets, mats etc, along with a few cinder blocks to create the shrine-thing facing towards Mecca. That's it. Around the corner from my house is what is reputed to be Ireland's most radical mosque, catering mainly for Pakistanis and Bangladeshis. It is an adjunct to a large warehouse operation run by a Moslem entrepreneur involved in the importation of spices and exotic pulses and vegetables from the Indian sub-continent. (Very useful service to the community - we never run out of basmati rice, tinned spinach or brown lentils around here.). Our other (known) mosque was Dublin's first - it is located in a former Protestant Christian church, across the road from a former synagogue. One day I was stopped by a cheerful young south east Asian van driver who asked me for directions to this place of worship. I told him where it was, to be answered with the question as to whether it had minarets. I had to describe to him what it actually looked like, managing to remember that it was distinguished from actual Protestant churches by having a Crescent Moon emblem on the roof. He did not seem particularly surprised ...

I say "only other (known)" because it is virtually certain that there are more around the area, housed in less conspicuous premises. While the radical lentil appreciation society around the corner might be worrying, I am more worried by some of these micro-mosques which, along with their associated madrassas, are the most likely hosts for ultra-radical foreign imams and other dodgy Islamist characters who, it has recently appeared, have begun to visit the country in order to ensnare young Irish Muslims (and most of them are, legally, Irish) to the cause of ISIS or Al-Queda.

Leaving aside the supposed 'lone wolf' actors, the formalised / semi-formalised sources of jihadism here have sprung very much from obscure fundamentalist Islamic bookshops and minor groups outside the mainstream mosques, not that some of those mosques and their imams have been without question marks over their heads.

Conversely, the mainstream Muslim community has by all accounts been the major source of information to our intelligence and police services about jihadists

It is very much in the interests of both the mainstream Muslim community and the wider community to maintain links and trust with the mainstream Muslim community to minimise the risk of jihadist murders and random violence (I'm not disposed to dignify their pointless hostile actions with 'terrorism') which is not assisted by the sweeping assertions of witless / witman which are merely unthinking responses of the sort which have promoted countless genocides and religious exterminations of the type currently pursued by ISIS. And not so long ago by Pol Pot, and in Rwanda, and the former Yugoslavia, and Nazi Germany, among others large and small.

tankgeezer
12-19-2015, 11:51 AM
The Swiss did ban the new construction of Minarets, but not Mosques, the Swedes burned down the buildings set aside for refugees. Seems to be a trend emerging.

JR*
12-23-2015, 07:32 AM
Yes - a trend; and it could get worse. As will be apparent from my earlier posts, I am reasonably comfortable with living in Dublin's "Little Lahore". Although I have no doubt whatsoever that some unfunny business is going on in my area, most of my many Moslem neighbors are quiet, hard-working inoffensive people - I worry more about the activities of our native gurriers. That having been said, the recent "migration crisis", and its mismanagement by the European Community, has produced yet another mess that threatens the cohesion (indeed the integrity) of the "New Europe". Even if the Union had not, foolishly, admitted a number of dodgy post-Communist states with strong ultra-Right political tendencies (Hungarian politics, for example, rival those of Northern Ireland in terms of parties trying to outflank each other by being More-"N*zi than Thou"), Merkel's Statue of Liberty pushed buttons of a distinctly unsavory sort in closer places. Notable among these are Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, France and the UK. And then, of course, there is ... Germany. I sincerely hope that mosque-burning does not become a habit in this corner of the world, but things are not looking good; note the remarkable success (at least in vote-gaining terms) of the French Front Nationale, which was prevented from obtaining control of at least three regions by a gerrymandering operation on the part of the two major French political parties. With the overall refugee/migrant situation in a state of chaos (Greece, Italy, the Balkan republics and even Turkey) turned into virtual concentration camps), and no sign of any bright ideas on the part of Brussels or Frau M to sort this out, next year is looking pretty bleak for that "beacon of tolerance and democracee", the EU. Yours from the Brown Lentil Shop, JR.

Rising Sun*
12-23-2015, 09:47 AM
There remains, alas, the issue of "Islam".

I don't see the Quakers or Mormons or anyone in their names taking violent control of anything.

Unlike the long history of Christians doing it.

Or the somewhat disappointing and surprising violence of Buddhists against Muslims in Myanmar.

Or American born nutcases attacking their own people, as in the Oklahoma City Bombing.

And so on, and so on.

Muslims don't have a monopoly on violence for little more than its own sake, but they're far and away the largest group pursuing it on an organised global scale in pursuit of a common objective of world domination, albeit if one goes back in history perhaps not too different to the anarchist bombers etc beloved of late 19th / early 20 th century cartoonists with rather less well defined objectives and sundry others such as Nazis and communists (using preferred definition and origin of communists).

Where does that leave us?

No idea, apart from wiping out every one of the bastards who threatens us.

Yes, I know that doing so can bring others to the cause.

What's the alternative?

Because they don't make demands; can't be negotiated with; and haven't demonstrated any coherent, or even any, military or political aims beyond wiping out everyone who disagrees with them and controlling whatever land they occupy as the new caliphate.

As ye sow....

JR*
12-23-2015, 10:11 AM
Buddhism is an interesting case. I know a bit about Buddhism - my personal faith is a sort of amalgam of Buddhism and Stoicism - and it seems clear to me that the Lord Buddha himself was a man of peace, disapproving of conflict, suicide, mind-altering substances and much else of humanity's negative practice. However, like Christianity, Buddhism has developed in many directions, and has (like Christianity) had a great facility for adapting itself to pre-existing local religions and philosophies. Thus, it has adapted in different places to local religions and superstitions, nationalism, and other vagaries. It is also highly prone to sectarianism and religious intolerance. The Lord Buddha insisted that he was a teacher. There has never been any central authority for Buddhists in any way resembling a Buddhist Pope.

A result of this, which many non-Buddhists often find perplexing, is the propensity of Buddhists in many circumstances for perpetrating or supporting violence. Examples in the modern world abound. Examples ? South-East Asian Buddhism has allied itself, in Sri Lanka, with extreme and violent nationalism directed against the (Hindu) Tamil minority. One result of the relaxation of the iron control of society by the army in Burma has been an extremist campaign against the country's Muslim minority, setting many on the sea seeking refuge in Indonesia and the Malay states. Further north, differences between Tibetan Buddhists (of which there at least four major sects) has resulted in intra-communal tension for centuries. A dispute between the Dalai Lama's faction and another accepting the notion of "intercession" with Heaven through a sort of "Saint" has resulted in violence, and even at least one assassination.

I remember a while back sitting in an Indian restaurant, waiting for a takeaway meal. They had a book composed of the results of a journey through India of an American photographer. He arrived in a north Indian Tibetan Buddhist monastery, where he was surprised to find that the place was occupied by a force of Indian paramilitary police, almost equaling the number of Buddhist monks on the premises. When the American asked the police commander why they the police were there, he laughed, and replied that they "were there to stop the peaceful Buddhists from killing each other". He was clearly as perplexed by Buddhist violence as anybody else ... Yours from the Stupa, JR.

Rising Sun*
12-23-2015, 10:23 AM
I seem to recall photos of ?Thai ?Vietnamese Buddhist soldiers around the time of the Vietnam War going into battle with Buddhist amulets in their mouths in the belief that this improved their path into the next world.

As for Stoicism, would that that became the world's next craze instead of, say, Star Wars,

JR*
12-23-2015, 12:21 PM
Stoicism as the next craze ? We could do worse, believe me. Best regards, JR.

witman111
01-31-2016, 05:33 AM
It's a measure of desperation to be quoting Putin on anything.

As for Switzerland, its long and continuing history of hiding the loot of various dictators and appalling regimes guilty of the worst crimes against humanity demonstrates that it isn't primitive or backward, just repulsively venal and mercenary. It would be a deservedly economic backwater if it had to rely upon its modest resources of cows and snow.
Putin will go down in Russia's history as next best thing to Peter the Great. And has done a world a tone of good ie. put an end to US&wall stree&banksters strategic resources grabbing monopoly - and killing millions in the process, without a single charge on war crimes.

Switzerland has some of most sophisticated industry in the world like...watches and it's not backward like you seem to imply. I will certainly not analyse structure of it's GDP to prove you wrong. You also seem to forget English cleared out Aborigines in Australia wherever they deemed necessary...*genocide* cough, cough

Your intolerant sentiment that TG or other people should be hurt or even killed by a suicide bomber to demonstrate your intolerant opinion about intolerant people of the sort given to suicide bombing espoused by ISIS etc puts you in the same category as ISIS.

Do you think it's a bit odd to be demanding that migrants assimilate while at the same time hoping that TG or other members of his dominant community, to which you want migrants to assimilate, will be hurt or killed by a member of the small proportion of migrants who not only don't assimilate but violently reject the dominant community of which TG and the people you want hurt to demonstrate your empty point are members?

Seems to me that you have a way to go before you have assimilated to the the dominant community of which TG is a member so, until you get on board with the rest of the dominant American and wider Western community which finds suicide bombing repugnant, I'd suggest that you leave your head up your own arsehole and don't post again until you renounce advocating suicide bombing of American, or any other, citizens just because they disagree with you.

Quite amusing I might add.
1. So no1 found irony in my statements on being "shaken up" by suicide bombers ? :o
2. Do ban me, by all means, I am shaking.
3. My arshole did not attempt to rape 1000 women in city Cologne. Quite a feat if I might add and in the midst of refugee crisis. Obviously SS wasn't around for some time...
4. Number of Muslims doubled in 10 years in Britain to 3 million. That means there will be 6 million in 10 years, 12 million in twenty and 25 million in thirty years. Do you really think they will *assimilate* or are you just ignorant ? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_the_United_Kingdom
When that happens Mr. Churchill will run away to Mr. Putin Jr. because Mr. Hitler Jr. is not around...
5. Muslim invasion of Christian Europe is not question of refugees, it's a question of...invasion.

I looked through the posts, and found no one had asked for illumination. I did see you as usual attempting to troll the site, a behavior that has in the past earned you well deserved vacations. As to you being motivated, it is impossible for me to care less what if anything motivates you. Were you a thinking person, (admittedly a long shot, but a slim possibility) you should pay heed to RS* advice, as presently, you're sitting up a tree, on the wrong side of the saw.

Oh really, how bout this sugar pops ?

Maybe you can link it? What does the "criminal banking scheme" have to do with economies of scale? I suppose much, but you seem to be just throwing out cliche conspiracy shit. Personal insults? Who called whom out by username in this thread?

aly j
01-31-2016, 06:38 AM
Replying to RS .....

Multiculturalism Was put in place so Jews can feel saver. If multiculturalism was so great, Australia would had never had the white policy from the beginning. There is reasons why the middle east and Asia are not multicultural societies.

In Europe, one Muslim leader dared to say "breed with the Europeans so we can take control of Europe".

Rising Sun*
01-31-2016, 09:03 AM
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/asthmaticcamel/cheetah_zps6eba639a.jpg

tankgeezer
01-31-2016, 10:10 AM
Witman111, Staff is not included in my statement. Further, you are now treading on very thin ice, and given your history on this Site you had best mind your manners. Should we find it necessary to take action in response to your continued Trolling, innuendo, half truths, and whimsical postulations, it will be for the last time. This is an official notice, the last one you get. Behave, or it's..

Nickdfresh
01-31-2016, 11:13 AM
Putin will go down in Russia's history as next best thing to Peter the Great. And has done a world a tone of good ie. put an end to US&wall stree&banksters strategic resources grabbing monopoly - and killing millions in the process, without a single charge on war crimes.

Switzerland has some of most sophisticated industry in the world like...watches and it's not backward like you seem to imply. I will certainly not analyse structure of it's GDP to prove you wrong. You also seem to forget English cleared out Aborigines in Australia wherever they deemed necessary...*genocide* cough, cough

Quite amusing I might add.
1. So no1 found irony in my statements on being "shaken up" by suicide bombers ? :o
2. Do ban me, by all means, I am shaking.
3. My arshole did not attempt to rape 1000 women in city Cologne. Quite a feat if I might add and in the midst of refugee crisis. Obviously SS wasn't around for some time...
4. Number of Muslims doubled in 10 years in Britain to 3 million. That means there will be 6 million in 10 years, 12 million in twenty and 25 million in thirty years. Do you really think they will *assimilate* or are you just ignorant ? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_the_United_Kingdom
When that happens Mr. Churchill will run away to Mr. Putin Jr. because Mr. Hitler Jr. is not around...
5. Muslim invasion of Christian Europe is not question of refugees, it's a question of...invasion.

Peter the Great didn't leave the economy in the toilet and enrich himself to the extent Putin has...

Oh really, how bout this sugar pops ?

How about what? Fruit Loops...

Nickdfresh
01-31-2016, 11:14 AM
Replying to RS .....

Multiculturalism Was put in place so Jews can feel saver. If multiculturalism was so great, Australia would had never had the white policy from the beginning. There is reasons why the middle east and Asia are not multicultural societies.

In Europe, one Muslim leader dared to say "breed with the Europeans so we can take control of Europe".

You seem rather "special" aly...

witman111
01-31-2016, 12:42 PM
Witman111, Staff is not included in my statement. Further, you are now treading on very thin ice, and given your history on this Site you had best mind your manners. Should we find it necessary to take action in response to your continued Trolling, innuendo, half truths, and whimsical postulations, it will be for the last time. This is an official notice, the last one you get. Behave, or it's..

Pls do explain how these points:
4. Number of Muslims doubled in 10 years in Britain to 3 million. That means there will be 6 million in 10 years, 12 million in twenty and 25 million in thirty years. Do you really think they will *assimilate* or are you just ignorant ? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_...United_Kingdom

are ...*whimsical postulations* ? I don't understand what is it exactly you have problem with...

witman111
01-31-2016, 01:15 PM
Peter the Great didn't leave the economy in the toilet and enrich himself to the extent Putin has...

What a stupid comment. It is Mr. Yeltsin who left not only Russian economy but Russia as a whole in shambles. Putin has for example rightfully taken back what thief's Abramovich Berezovsky and Khodorkovsky (surprisingly both Jews - facts not whimsey postulations) have stolen from Russia's state and returned it to Russian people ie. Russian state budget. And for your information, under Putin, Russians have sense of national pride you Americans probably saw last time around Ronald Regan and it is highly questionable when you will see it again.

And don't worry for them, Russia will be around long after EU and particularly US crash and burn with it's ethnic rifts, minorities, refugees, multiculturalism Trojan horse and *phoney democracy*. Phoney because only *elected ones* have chance of winning the elections so it's a rigged game from the start, sugar pops. To repeat US Middle east policy result - 10 million dead (including children because starvation), any charge on war crimes ? Sure Croats and Serbs went to Haque tribunal for few thousand dead, but what shall we do with this millions Nick ? Maybe has to do something with US&UK mafia controlling the security council ? Or so called, Amnesty International failed to see it from it's offices in NY ?

Rest assured, Russia strategic material abundance, coherent nation and sensible leadership guarantees it will last far longer than *phoney and rapidly disintegrating democracy of US* which even millions of it's *have nots* will not be able to save.

Panzerknacker
01-31-2016, 01:19 PM
A big NO to the topic question,I think already recomended this author but everyone should read Oriana Fallaci, the late italian writer predicted with evident intelligency all the evils affecting Europe today, she wrote that some 12-13 years ago.

I agree with Wittman111 in fully, the situation is already too dramatic to be cinycal about it, and honestly I like too much bikinis, hams and wine so I am very worry about that.

witman111
01-31-2016, 01:37 PM
Thank you

tankgeezer
01-31-2016, 03:17 PM
Pls do explain how these points:
4. Number of Muslims doubled in 10 years in Britain to 3 million. That means there will be 6 million in 10 years, 12 million in twenty and 25 million in thirty years. Do you really think they will *assimilate* or are you just ignorant ? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_...United_Kingdom

are ...*whimsical postulations* ? I don't understand what is it exactly you have problem with...
It is ever more evident that you lack understanding of many things Witman111, and just to clarify things for you, your silly, wispy points are of no interest, worth, or meaning in this matter. Attempting to distract from the matter of your behavior is making more cracks in that very thin ice beneath your feet, if you are not careful, you'll fall through. Perhaps even today. Tick, tick, tick....

Rising Sun*
02-01-2016, 07:37 AM
A big NO to the topic question,I think already recomended this author but everyone should read Oriana Fallaci, the late italian writer predicted with evident intelligency all the evils affecting Europe today, she wrote that some 12-13 years ago.

I haven't read Fallaci's books, for the same reason that I don't bother with Germaine Greer or Donald Trump or lots of other people who build extreme and sometimes idiotic "arguments" on selective facts.

Anyway, Fallaci was wrong because she predicted Muslim migration to Europe on the basis of some sort of pan-Muslim desire to dominate and conquer Europe from within. The Muslims can't even unite in most of their own countries, never mind doing it on a coherent basis worldwide. Same for the Arabs. Just look at the history of the Middle East since WWII where there has been a steady tradition of disharmony within and between most Muslim / Arab states, e.g. Egypt starting out under Nasser as the leader of the Arab / Muslim world determined to destroy Israel and achieve justice for the Palestinians with Soviet support, then shifting to a separate peace with Israel to the dismay of the other Arab states in return for shifting its allegiance from the Soviets to the US.

France's problem with Muslims is largely a problem caused by its colonial history in North Africa which goes back to before WWII. The current problem is largely a consequence of the instability in some Arab countries caused by Western, including European, intervention there, ably assisted by Frau Merkel's determination to be the opposite of the Nazis.

It's debatable whether Europe has ever tried or is capable of multiculturalism, as summed up in the following comment by an Australian Muslim academic / intellectual/ television presenter of Egyptian descent referring to the different experience of multiculturalism in Australia.

"The biggest mistake we make in terms of multiculturalism is we copy wholesale the arguments from Europe. We are a completely different country to any country in Europe, including the UK. The parade of European commentators and politicians who want to pronounce the death of multiculturalism blinds us to the fact that Europe's never tried it. And in some ways they are not set up to try it ... partly because ... it has a series of national identities that are ethnically and racially defined ... and lots of countries in Europe are former colonial powers."
http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/waleed-aly-on-multiculturalism-identity-and-leaders-flirting-with-the-dark-side-20160128-gme8ew.html

Rising Sun*
02-01-2016, 07:41 AM
It is ever more evident that you lack understanding of many things Witman111,

Yes, and outstandingly the notion that (a) a man's arsehole is capable of independent action and (b) witman could use his arsehole to rape a woman.

Originally Posted by witman111
My arshole did not attempt to rape 1000 women in city Cologne.

This confusion should be cleared up around the end of primary school or early high school when he finds out about human anatomy.

JR*
02-01-2016, 08:27 AM
Fascinating article from the Merry Young Land of Oz. Mr Aly has some interesting views. I think he has a point about "Europe" not having tried multiculturalism. Nonetheless, it has sort of happened in many European countries, albeit in rather unsatisfactory ways. Debate on issues of inward migration and related matters have been confused Up Here for a long time. Advocates of integrationism - viewed Here as being in opposition to multiculturalism - have tended to have the stronger voices, notably in France and Britain. It might be remarked that in practice, political leaders (other than in France, perhaps) tend to have a confused understanding of the fundamental issues, and tend to advocate multiculturalism and integration simultaneously, or serially as different "problems" arise. There is also an all-too-real fear in the establishment that mass inward migration needs to be avoided for fear of the likely reaction of their voters. Perhaps we should not be surprised that Europe's leader have made a high hash of dealing with the current migration crisis, and show little sign of improving their response to the situation.

I am a bit conflicted on these issues myself, but at least I hope I can recognize them. I think, given the tenor of European public opinion (integrationist/exclusivist on the whole, that there is very good reason to fear social disruption in some countries due to mass migration. This is true not least in Germany, where increasing hysteria on the matter is clearly rising. Frau Merkel appears helpless (there's a first) to control this situation. I said before that she signed her own political death warrant when she raised Liberty's Torch; if things go on as the have recently, she will be lucky to make the next election. The European Union is not looking too healthy, either. At the same time, I live in the heart of Dublin's "little Lahore" - certainly multicultural, and quite a pleasant place to live. That having been said, one can see in my vicinity one of the worst features of what passes for "multiculturalism" in France, Britain and so on - the effective ghettoization of immigrant communities which are inadequately connected with the domestic community. Trouble in store, possibly ...

Regarding wittmann's ... anatomy, maybe we need to view this poetically. Perhaps he means that he exercises his powers by bending over trouserless, and setting fire to his mighty f**ts , producing a prodigious stream of flame ? Some of his posts In Here certainly have enough flammable gas in them ... Yours from the Napalm Factory, JR.

Rising Sun*
02-01-2016, 08:49 AM
Regarding wittmann's ... anatomy, maybe we need to view this poetically. Perhaps he means that he exercises his powers by bending over trouserless, and setting fire to his mighty f**ts , producing a prodigious stream of flame ? Some of his posts In Here certainly have enough flammable gas in them ... Yours from the Napalm Factory, JR.

One of the few things I recall from five years at university is the worthy Le Petomane, courtesy of the student newspaper which educated us on such curiosities rather than the largely forgotten academic instruction which the university provided. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_P%C3%A9tomane

Anyway, if witmann tried to rape a woman with a burst of flame he'd certainly confirm his abilities as an arsonist, but still fail, even trouserless, to qualify as a rapist, or even attempted rapist. (Apologies to all the rabid feminists accusing me of making light of rape. I'm not. I'm making light of witmann.)

Rising Sun*
02-01-2016, 09:33 AM
Fascinating article from the Merry Young Land of Oz. Mr Aly has some interesting views. I think he has a point about "Europe" not having tried multiculturalism. Nonetheless, it has sort of happened in many European countries, albeit in rather unsatisfactory ways. Debate on issues of inward migration and related matters have been confused Up Here for a long time. Advocates of integrationism - viewed Here as being in opposition to multiculturalism - have tended to have the stronger voices, notably in France and Britain. It might be remarked that in practice, political leaders (other than in France, perhaps) tend to have a confused understanding of the fundamental issues, and tend to advocate multiculturalism and integration simultaneously, or serially as different "problems" arise. There is also an all-too-real fear in the establishment that mass inward migration needs to be avoided for fear of the likely reaction of their voters. Perhaps we should not be surprised that Europe's leader have made a high hash of dealing with the current migration crisis, and show little sign of improving their response to the situation.

One of the elephants in the room is the brilliant ability of a truly democratic state to undermine itself from within by creating, albeit unintentionally, electorates which require their representatives to conform with what are nationally minority views but sometimes critically important to a political party chasing a few seats to get it into government.

Add to that the power of donations to political parties, which donations can be massive when funded by crime.

So we end up with some stunningly bad decisions, in my country anyway, to, for example, give citizenship to bastards who should have been (and in due course probably will be) shot for their involvement in organized crime, or support for the right of, say, soft skinned Muslims to be offended by everything they don't like and paranoid, usually evangelical, Christians to express their crazy views such as that our defence force is "one step away from adopting Sharia lawlessness". http://catchthefire.com.au/2016/02/should-we-sack-the-adf-the-grinding-down-of-australia-the-mozzies-fifth-column-now-has-a-stockholm-syndrome-app/#more-16082

Politicians, being by nature venal and self-serving and prepared usually to sacrifice their mothers on the altar of ambition, who represent such constituencies will necessarily bend their limited and shallow principles to ensure that they get elected and re-elected. Regardless of whether or not the people making noise in their ears are truly representative of the community the politician purports to represent.

We end up with a tension between the dominant aims and actions of a given political party / coalition in government or opposition and the influence of special interest groups and electorates. Special interest groups can be ignored when they don't have a major impact on electorates, but they won't be when they do and the margin between winning and losing enough seats to win government is narrow.

The problem for Europe in particular with its recent influx of Muslim migrants is whether it gives them the right to vote and ensures their ability to influence local politics, although not necessarily adversely to existing customs, or refuses to give them that right and creates in Europe a larger class of predominantly Arab Muslims resentful of the West, where they now happen to live but see themselves as discriminated against.

It was probably considerably simpler when the Moors confined themselves to Spain and southern France.

tankgeezer
02-01-2016, 11:43 AM

I am a bit conflicted on these issues myself, but at least I hope I can recognize them. I think, given the tenor of European public opinion (integrationist/exclusivist on the whole, that there is very good reason to fear social disruption in some countries due to mass migration. This is true not least in Germany, where increasing hysteria on the matter is clearly rising. Frau Merkel appears helpless (there's a first) to control this situation. I said before that she signed her own political death warrant when she raised Liberty's Torch; if things go on as the have recently, she will be lucky to make the next election. The European Union is not looking too healthy, either. At the same time, I live in the heart of Dublin's "little Lahore" - certainly multicultural, and quite a pleasant place to live. That having been said, one can see in my vicinity one of the worst features of what passes for "multiculturalism" in France, Britain and so on - the effective ghettoization of immigrant communities which are inadequately connected with the domestic community. Trouble in store, possibly ...

W/111 is away for Months, then shows up for a day or two expressing the aforementioned evil Humors before another lengthy disappearance. Much as a 7 yr. old boy will soap a window, ring the doorbell, then run away giggling to himself.

witman111
02-09-2016, 06:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e06NYGgw0so&feature=youtu.be&t=1081
What a strange new religion !

Dogs of war, learn a few lessons...

JR*
02-10-2016, 08:16 AM
Trump wins decisively in "liberal" New Hampshire. On the Democrat side, things seem to be in a bit of disarray, as Sanders decisively defeats Clinton. Remains to be seen, however, how the "socialist/independent" Bernie will go over in places like North Carolina and Nebraska. A Trump versus Sanders general election ? Unlikely but, at this stage, not impossible.

Looking back over this thread - it is years since I read Enoch Powell's infamous "Rivers of Blood" speech. Mind you, he never said "Rivers of Blood". What he actually said was -

"For these dangerous and divisive elements the legislation proposed in the Race Relations Bill is the very pabulum they need to flourish. Here is the means of showing that the immigrant communities can organise to consolidate their members, to agitate and campaign against their fellow citizens, and to overawe and dominate the rest with the legal weapons which the ignorant and the ill-informed have provided. As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood."

Typical classical reference from an erudite Classicist. The phrase is drawn from Virgil's "Aenead", where the Sybil makes a prophecy of "Bella, horrida bella, Et Thybrim multo spumantem sanguine" - "War, terrible war; and the Tibur flowing with much blood".

It is unlikely, from unrelated evidence, that Powell was himself racist - although the speech itself contains ideas that are racist and even quasi-fascist. It should be remembered that he spent much of the 1940s in India, where he witnessed the murderous inter-communal violence surrounding the independence and partition of old India. Nonetheless, to make his point (opposition to the Race Relations Bill) which he believed would increase discrimination against both "native" and immigrant communities, he employed anecdotes and terminology that count as "racist" and totalitarian.

Reading the speech again is disturbing. The assertion that many immigrants would be uninterested in integration with the "native" community, would establish themselves in ghettoes, and would organize to resist integration initiatives has, uncomfortably, been borne out by time, albeit not to the extent that Powell feared.
Things have gone well beyond the "Sikh" campaign to which he refers (which related to the relatively minor question of whether the practice of Sikh males of wearing turbans, whether they were working in factories or as bus conductors). It is interesting that the phenomenon of "immigrant community organization" is most conspicuous in the Indian/Pakistani/Bangladeshi communities, the Muslim elements in particular. A current side-effect of this semi-insulated, ghettoization of much of this community is that it facilitated radicalization of a small element within the community. It is, perhaps, fortunate that Islamic leaders in the UK have been vigorous in resisting radicalization. Nonetheless, what the UK has ended up with is, not integration, but with a chaotic, unplanned situation of "accidental multiculturalism". Disturbingly, this is exactly what old Enoch was warning against. Still to early to say whether he had a point ... but I would not rule it out. Yours from the Golden Temple, JR.

Nickdfresh
02-10-2016, 11:30 AM
Trump wins decisively in "liberal" New Hampshire. On the Democrat side, things seem to be in a bit of disarray, as Sanders decisively defeats Clinton. Remains to be seen, however, how the "socialist/independent" Bernie will go over in places like North Carolina and Nebraska. A Trump versus Sanders general election ? Unlikely but, at this stage, not impossible.

Of note, Sanders was widely expected to win by even a greater margin I think. His state neighbors New Hampshire and his anti-establishment theme sort of mirrors center-rightist Trump coming from the left. I actually worked in Vermont for a short time and stayed in New Lebanon, NH while working there. I also have family in New Hampshire. I would characterize it as a very diverse state politically speaking with the sort of cliche New England liberal elite coupled with working class conservative "hard hat" types in the various industries there. I suspect the thing that all political stripes share in NH is sort of a libertarian streak. After all, the state motto was/is "Live Free, or DIE!!"... :mrgreen:

BTW, Vermont is very much the same. While many see it as a very Blue, liberal Democratic state, there is also a wide swath of very die hard conservative working class types that contrast the university professors and leftist emigres from New York. In fact, if you go to small town Vermont, one is almost transported back to the 1940's or 1950's with the plain white general stores, restaurants and gas stations all-in-one...