View Full Version : Mercedes-Benz' looks to the past in retro SUV

10-20-2013, 11:05 AM
Mercedes-Benz has introduced a new SUV they call the G-63 AMG 6x6. I could swear that I've seen this somewhere before though.

10-21-2013, 04:09 PM
Hitler could well have been driving around in vehicle of the future;), on a serious side though, I read a long time ago, that has they were having "trouble", with the people they where suffocating to death by exhaust fumes, whilst driving around in a vehicle playing music, rushing to the rear doors, given them problems with steering, so they got in touch with Mercedes to have the rear suspension made stronger.

10-22-2013, 03:59 AM
Well, yes ... The Germans have been overtaking Czech (and Slovak!) automobile industry again last decades too, no?

Rising Sun*
10-22-2013, 07:21 AM
Is there a half track version?

10-22-2013, 11:09 AM
Could be an available option, but for a reported half million USD one would think that tracks would be standard equipment. :)

10-22-2013, 02:50 PM

since 1993 already
UNIMOG, mercedes-benz offspring...

10-22-2013, 08:38 PM
Both the G-4, and the G-63 are about 20 ft. in length,and designed as people carriers. this truck is much larger,more a commercial vehicle. (But I would not mind owning one.) :)

11-17-2013, 11:41 PM
Lots of pics here: http://www5.mercedes-benz.com/en/innovation/the-automotive-declaration-of-independence-g63-amg-6x6/

11-17-2013, 11:59 PM
I'll take the artillery piece as a halftrack please.

11-18-2013, 01:26 AM
Cost you $200 transfer tax for the gun though... (as long as you're 21)

11-18-2013, 04:23 PM
Gah... Give me about 3 weeks and I will be... Anything else I should know about those before then?

11-18-2013, 05:12 PM
If you can afford the vehicle, then when you turn 21 check to be sure that your particular State allows destructive devices, and whether they have any requirements for ownership in addition to the Feds. If all is well, then call the BATFE and ask for several copies of Form 4 Fill it out, (its a duplicate form) then go to your local Police Chief, or County Sheriff , and ask them to run your info in order to gain the local law enforcement certification required by the Form 4. If you get that, then have them finger print you while you're there, 2 cards are needed. Then go to any place that offers Pass port photos, and get 2 of those.
Once you have all of this in hand, then get a postal money order for $200 and send it all off to the BATFE for processing. This should take less than 6 weeks, but count on 8, or 9 Months. (big backlog. )If the lords of NFA firearms are smiling, you may get an approval, and then you can take your new Artillery home to play. This is if the weapon is live, if not, then its just Title, Tax, and license, and home you go, just like a car. (don't know what the insurance will cost though... :) )

11-18-2013, 08:02 PM
Hmm.... I think I'll convert the cannon to a telescope with a camera in it. That should be pretty easy to do and make life easier on m'self.

11-21-2013, 02:42 AM
Hmm.... I think I'll convert the cannon to a telescope with a camera in it. That should be pretty easy to do and make life easier on m'self.

Great Idea. :)