PDA

View Full Version : This site is ****ed

Rising Sun*
02-13-2013, 07:25 AM
Much as I like it, I haven't bothered looking at this site for a few days because I don't have the patience to navigate its terminally ****ed up display and useless attempts at being a forum which allows members to participate when in reality all it does is present endless obstacles to participation, starting with the most ****ed up display since - well I was going to say the the Commodore 64 from the dark ages, but, unlike the display here, it actually worked.

This post has been provoked by, as with other wasted efforts, me wasting about an hour responding to a very good piece of research by Egorka at http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php?13787-Sitemap-Fixed&p=187099#post187099 which post duly failed to appear when I submitted it with endless attempts.

It is a disgraceful and magnificent piece of disrespect to Egorka that his careful and undoubtedly time consuming work cannot be responded to because this site is ****ed at the most basic level, and has been for the short time since I came back after a long absence.

If the site owner can't be bothered fixing up these long standing and worsening problems, I shall resign as a moderator and have nothing further to do with this site. Which doesn't matter much, as nobody else could be bothered having anything to do with a site which can't be read and doesn't function, but at least I can waste my time on something worthwhile like organising my sock drawer.

EDIT: O, Goody. This posted. Pity my lengthy and considered response to Egorka's valuable post didn't.

tankgeezer
02-13-2013, 07:31 AM
I miss my Commodor 64.

Nickdfresh
02-13-2013, 12:23 PM
I don't know what the deal it with the massive script errors, but the site is alternately fine, then after a few clicks it all goes to hell...

I miss my Commodor 64.

:lol:

Moving the the Feedback forum...

Churchill
02-13-2013, 02:01 PM
Its usually always hell for me...

tankgeezer
02-13-2013, 02:41 PM
Its usually always hell for me...
Stiff upper lip now Churchill,, :)

Churchill
02-13-2013, 06:03 PM
Lol, that's why I keep coming here.

Nickdfresh
02-14-2013, 09:09 AM
I hope, and I've been wrong before, that things seem stable and haven't melted down yet after lots of clicks today...

Churchill
02-14-2013, 07:03 PM
Front page worked for me, but after that nothing...

Rising Sun*
02-15-2013, 08:58 AM
Front page worked for me, but after that nothing...

You're lucky.

Sweet FA works for me.

Nobody would put up with this site's shithouse service for more than about fifteen seconds on a retail site, and they'd never go back again.

There is no reason to make this site immune from such normal consumer response.

Fix it up, or everyone will **** off.

And I'm about ready to **** off in the very near future, because I can't be bothered trying to navigate a site which would have been an embarrassment at the end of the last century and has no excuse for being so shit now.

Nickdfresh
02-16-2013, 07:43 AM
I wanna say things a more stable and I haven't had the site script-fragment yet. But it usually does after I say that...

Procyon
02-16-2013, 10:40 AM
Hi! First of all I'd like to apologize for the delay in fixing things. It all started with the update to the latest version of vbulletin. The theme files were changed which broke the compatibility with some of the plugins. Unfortunately the forum software doesn't seem to react to changes as quickly as I'd like most likely due to caching. After the update I did a test and it worked fine, however after a few hours everything seemed to have fallen apart which I didn't notice until a good 24 hours later. Instead of deactivating scripts I updated them thinking that that would fix the issue. Again I couldn't see changes until much later. Due to the sheer number of plugins, it isn't exactly easy to find the culprit and not every plugin had an update. Long story short, I've been trying to fix it, but it's been a real pain in the butt and never wanted it to last this long.

Churchill
02-16-2013, 11:12 AM
Glad to know you're doing something about it mate. Just... Kinda hurry up please :D

Procyon
02-16-2013, 11:21 AM
It should be all good now.

flamethrowerguy
02-16-2013, 12:07 PM
Not for me, no...

Churchill
02-16-2013, 07:35 PM
^That.

Nickdfresh
02-17-2013, 01:03 AM
Hi! First of all I'd like to apologize for the delay in fixing things. It all started with the update to the latest version of vbulletin. The theme files were changed which broke the compatibility with some of the plugins. Unfortunately the forum software doesn't seem to react to changes as quickly as I'd like most likely due to caching. After the update I did a test and it worked fine, however after a few hours everything seemed to have fallen apart which I didn't notice until a good 24 hours later. Instead of deactivating scripts I updated them thinking that that would fix the issue. Again I couldn't see changes until much later. Due to the sheer number of plugins, it isn't exactly easy to find the culprit and not every plugin had an update. Long story short, I've been trying to fix it, but it's been a real pain in the butt and never wanted it to last this long.

Thank you sir. I am aware that any changes can be a pain in the *** as prior experience with vBulletin has shown....

Nickdfresh
02-17-2013, 01:05 AM
Not for me, no...

It's good for me for a while, then seems to disintegrate...

navyson
02-17-2013, 05:52 AM
It's good for me for a while, then seems to disintegrate...

Yeah, it's the same here.

Procyon
02-18-2013, 09:10 PM
This is driving me nuts. It seems to be fixed, but then I check later it is broken again.

Procyon
02-18-2013, 10:54 PM
can you guys still confirm it's broken?

Churchill
02-18-2013, 11:37 PM
First page has been loading correctly for a little while, but the secondary pages are still messed up.

Procyon
02-19-2013, 12:28 AM
And now?

tankgeezer
02-19-2013, 12:48 AM
Its generally okay, but profile pages sometimes are messed up, and this thread displays improperly.

flamethrowerguy
02-19-2013, 04:27 AM
It definitely improved, the "New Posts" page still looks a little messed up to me.

Nickdfresh
02-19-2013, 05:55 AM
can you guys still confirm it's broken?

Everything was fine until I clicked on this thread, then the script-fragment.

Are you a member of any message boards for vBulletin forum owners?

Churchill
02-19-2013, 05:37 PM
First page was messed up this time, this sub board and thread were fine though.

Procyon
02-20-2013, 11:56 PM
One more try...how's this?

VonWeyer
02-21-2013, 01:22 AM
Working much better for me today, but has been a major headache.

Churchill
02-21-2013, 12:52 PM
Got here with no worries. Hopefully it'll continue like this.

downwithpeace
03-01-2013, 06:14 PM
I miss my Commodor 64.

Me too :(

On a very delayed posting, running a site isn't easy and things can go haywire for no reason, as much frustration it causes the members and mods it's causing 10 times that to the Admin.

Procyon
03-01-2013, 06:22 PM
It does especially if fixing the problem isn't as easy as it seems.

navyson
03-01-2013, 07:16 PM
It does especially if fixing the problem isn't as easy as it seems.

Well, I haven't had any problems the last several days, hopefully you got the bugs out. Thanks for the hard work there, Procyon!

Vonss
03-02-2013, 03:25 AM
You guys should make it easier for your mods.