PDA

View Full Version : P-51 Mustang Pics I just took

Laconia
07-21-2011, 01:38 AM
Didn't really know where to put this so here it is. I was out in Hollister California today and saw this P-51 sitting by a hanger. I couldn't stop right away. So, when I got back in about an hour it was getting ready to take off. I had never heard one in person before, boy did those Merlins sound sweet. And the power! I can see why it was one of the premier fighters of the day. How I envied that pilot who would soon be airborne in such a great machine. I was talking to someone who was there and he said that there were about 10 warbirds there that were owned by a bunch of rich guys. Also, he said for around $3000.00 you could ride in that P-51 I saw today. 5581558255835584

Nickdfresh
07-21-2011, 09:55 PM
She's gorgeous.

Chevan
07-22-2011, 06:32 AM
is it not He?:)

navyson
07-22-2011, 07:54 AM
Beautiful plane, thanks for sharing the pictures!

Laconia
07-22-2011, 11:19 AM
Unfortuntely, I was not able to convince the wife that $3000 was such a paltry sum to ride in so magnificent a plane. I promised her that I would gladly go on half rations for a year to offset the cost of the ride but all to no avail. Had this dream come true then I surely would have had a more exciting report. Glad you liked the pics, it was a real treat to see and hear this plane.

Laconia
07-22-2011, 11:21 AM
She's gorgeous.

No, planes are usually named after the ladies. You know they are both beautiful and deadly at the same time, right?

Laconia
07-22-2011, 11:24 AM
is it not He?:)

Sorry, hit the wrong quote button. My last post was for you, my friend in Russia. Planes are both beautiful and deadly, just like the ladies.

Chevan
07-22-2011, 11:43 AM
No, planes are usually named after the ladies. You know they are both beautiful and deadly at the same time, right?
Si senorita Laconita;)
Nothin can be more deadly then the buatiful fighter. Except may be speedy and elegant AA-missle.As retared AA officer i feel something like jelausy to an any nice-looking aircraft.:)

Laconia
07-22-2011, 03:35 PM
Si senorita Laconita;)
Nothin can be more deadly then the buatiful fighter. Except may be speedy and elegant AA-missle.As retared AA officer i feel something like jelausy to an any nice-looking aircraft.:)

And Russia had some very good planes back then. The fierce Sturmovok or the Yak series. I am a U.S Air Force veteran. Avionics was my job as an elnlisted man. The F-4 fighter, B-52, C-103, Kc-135 are all the planes I worked on. Nice to meet you good sir. I live in Pennsylvania, USA.