PDA

View Full Version : 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa

flamethrowerguy
05-23-2010, 05:02 AM
A thread dedicated to the upcoming football ( or "soccer" for all the philistines) world cup starting June 11. Here's plenty of room for all kind of discussions and to tell the community who'll be the next world champion and why your national selection won't!

32Bravo
05-23-2010, 05:34 AM
... to tell the community who'll be the next world champion and why your national selection won't!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Churchill
05-23-2010, 09:29 AM
England will do well, until the quarter finals where we'll unfortunately lost against a team such as Portugal.
France will do better(hopefully, the trainer sucks), probably moving on to the finals or the semi finals.
Canada isn't even in this, I believe, so whatever, go back to your hockey.

Pretty much, if a team other than Portugal, Spain, Italy, Brazil, or Argentina win, I'll be happy.

Rising Sun*
05-23-2010, 09:56 AM
What is soccer?

Nickdfresh
05-23-2010, 10:18 AM
I have complete faith in Team U.S.A. and their inability to go anywhere...

flamethrowerguy
05-23-2010, 10:49 AM
What is soccer?

Switch on your TV on June 13 and you'll learn about it...in a painful way for the Aussies.;)

flamethrowerguy
05-23-2010, 10:51 AM
I have complete faith in Team U.S.A. and their inability to go anywhere...

But at least you know that they are going to take part.

FW-190 Pilot
05-24-2010, 02:50 AM
I am rooting for North Korea!

FW-190 Pilot
05-24-2010, 02:51 AM
What is soccer?
This is the best of soccer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noOHdTQd6H8

VonWeyer
05-24-2010, 04:00 AM
Bafana Bafana (South Africa)...:cry:

Rising Sun*
05-24-2010, 08:22 AM
This is the best of soccer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noOHdTQd6H8

Yeah, that's the soccer game I went to once, but it went on for a lot longer. About three liftetimes.

Maybe it'd be more interesting at a higher level of skill where the high point is an Oscar-winning performance after getting a kick in the (heavily padded) shin.

Much more interesting than boring football like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA7LsuGt3Gg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIReSJhQor0

Procyon
05-24-2010, 12:03 PM
Roger Milla http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KARML15T8Uw

Rising Sun*
05-24-2010, 12:06 PM
Roger Milla http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KARML15T8Uw

I am starting to think that some people don't take soccer seriously. ;) :D

Procyon
05-24-2010, 12:07 PM
I must say I am also looking forward to the Rugby World Cup in 2011.

tankgeezer
05-24-2010, 06:47 PM
Yeah, that's the soccer game I went to once, but it went on for a lot longer. About three liftetimes.

Maybe it'd be more interesting at a higher level of skill where the high point is an Oscar-winning performance after getting a kick in the (heavily padded) shin.

Much more interesting than boring football like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA7LsuGt3Gg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIReSJhQor0

Here is another, though many years ago. it was called the "Ice Bowl" Texas against the Packers at Green Bay. Temperatures given are in Fahrenheit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfr1STSrBQo

VonWeyer
05-25-2010, 01:55 AM

That makes two of us.

flamethrowerguy
05-25-2010, 03:32 AM

Are we talking about these savages going berzerk in the links provided by Rising Sun*?:D

Rising Sun*
05-25-2010, 07:30 AM
Are we talking about these savages going berzerk in the links provided by Rising Sun*?:D

They're not savages.

Just barbarians. :D

P.S. The French are rather good at rugby. Gauls, probably. Just a Frenchified name for Barbarians.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLql9IRrDzM

See how badly they behave when facing the cultured, sportsmanlike, and gentle Australians. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqIiCq2U2cI&feature=related

You won't find anything like that in soccer, unless someone is stretchered off for breaking a fingernail. :)

flamethrowerguy
05-26-2010, 01:27 AM
You won't find anything like that in soccer, unless someone is stretchered off for breaking a fingernail. :)

My personal X-ray collection of my battered corpus would prove you wrong on that one.;)

tankgeezer
05-26-2010, 02:02 AM
My personal X-ray collection of my battered corpus would prove you wrong on that one.;)

You have X-Rays of your finger nails?? :)

Rising Sun*
05-26-2010, 06:18 AM
You have X-Rays of your finger nails?? :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

flamethrowerguy
06-05-2010, 01:11 AM
Bafana Bafana (South Africa)...:cry:

Just saw a documentary about the situation in South Africa which showed that many white people seem to have problems to accept the national team as theirs since the players were mostly black.

Panzerknacker
06-05-2010, 11:15 AM
Argentinien will win ( yea...sure )

Aniway I think we going to make a lot of goal in the first stage and then we going melt down in the second stage as usual. :neutral:

flamethrowerguy
06-05-2010, 02:48 PM

Aniway I think we going to make a lot of goal in the first stage and then we going melt down in the second stage as usual. :neutral:

At least you'll reach the next round, Lionel Messi alone should be able to do the job.
The German team will need some luck to reach the round of the last sixteen and if we'll do, we will probably annihilated by England.

Panzerknacker
06-05-2010, 07:11 PM
England ? what about them? Is not like if they were good, the hottest player in England is Tevez, the ugliest man to ever to wear the white- àle blue shirt.

http://www.football-pictures.net/data/media/269/Carlos-Tevez-Manchester.jpg

..and this guy make more money than ( an extremely good looking) me, the world is so unfair.

downwithpeace
06-05-2010, 07:36 PM
That makes two of us.

Three of us ;)

Back to the Football, my country aren't in it this time (Again) so pointless in cheering for them.
Spain should do good this year but i will be cheering for Germany, been my other than Ireland team since Euro 08.

flamethrowerguy
06-06-2010, 12:30 AM
England ?? Is not like if they were good, ....

Then you can imagine how bad the German team is this time...:(

Panzerknacker
06-07-2010, 06:05 PM
Probably the level is not high, but Germany historically knows how to play in Wolrd Cups, I remember also in 2006 a formidable campaign was spectred from the Argentinaand England Teams , and they both failed, why ? because the tended to wear out the the finals, thing the Germany and Italy historically did not.

32Bravo
06-09-2010, 01:14 PM
Entered the office sweepstake and got landed with Argentina - might as well wave bye-bye to the dosh. :(

VonWeyer
06-10-2010, 08:58 AM
Just saw a documentary about the situation in South Africa which showed that many white people seem to have problems to accept the national team as theirs since the players were mostly black.

I think their are elements to this statement that are true in certain areas of the country, just as their are black people who do not support the national rugby team (who are world champions) since the players are mostly white ...on a hole though the majority, white and black support the national soccer team and are proudly South African. On a personal level though i just dont think the national soccer team has what it takes from a skill perspective.;)

Nickdfresh
06-10-2010, 09:16 AM
Probably the level is not high, but Germany historically knows how to play in Wolrd Cups, I remember also in 2006 a formidable campaign was spectred from the Argentinaand England Teams , and they both failed, why ? because the tended to wear out the the finals, thing the Germany and Italy historically did not.

The Germans tend to play closer together and be more cohesive, correct? I think I've read the whole is greater than the sum of the parts...

Panzerknacker
06-10-2010, 09:32 AM
Entered the office sweepstake and got landed with Argentina - might as well wave bye-bye to the dosh.

Shiiuuut....and I thought I knew english

The Germans tend to play closer together and be more cohesive, correct? I think I've read the whole is greater than the sum of the parts

Yea, that is true in world cups just check Argentina in 1978, Germany in 1990 and Italy 2006 they havent any spectacular player but they sucedeed aniway.

Firefly
06-10-2010, 03:41 PM

I actually think that man for man the Argentina squad may just be the best in the tournament. The telling factor I think will be Maradona, is he up to the task, can he manage this excellent group of talent?

It remains to be seen, but if they can get it together then I can see them heading a long way.

As for the others, as usual Brasil look good, the Dutch seem a good bet if they don't argue, Spain may be confident enough to advance further than they usually do and you can't discount Portugaul or England who have both got decent teams.

Should be interesting.

Panzerknacker
06-10-2010, 05:00 PM
Well, Spain has a good team, but I dont see them as wolrd champions, merely as a promise. I agree on Argentina, but it tends to wear put quickly in the quartefinals.

flamethrowerguy
06-10-2010, 05:49 PM
I think their are elements to this statement that are true in certain areas of the country, just as their are black people who do not support the national rugby team (who are world champions) since the players are mostly white ...on a hole though the majority, white and black support the national soccer team and are proudly South African. On a personal level though i just dont think the national soccer team has what it takes from a skill perspective.;)

Right, you don't win games with Vuvuzelas alone but no hosting nation was ever eliminated in the first round. Promising, isn't it?;)

flamethrowerguy
06-10-2010, 05:51 PM
Well, Spain has a good team, but I dont see them as wolrd champions, merely as a promise.

Hey, that's the European champion you're talking about. They're in the Top-3 for me this time.

Panzerknacker
06-11-2010, 04:54 PM
Jawhol, but remember the cases with Greece and Denmarck, they both had European Championships in thier bags, but the next year they failed to even classify for the WC.

By the way just finished to wasted 90 minutes of my life, U.ar.guay and France 0-0, what a boring match, specially what a boring France.:neutral:

http://www.infobae.com/adjuntos/imagenes/85/0338543D.jpg

downwithpeace
06-13-2010, 03:43 PM
Early matches don't seem to be the best, find your feet and style then go from there i guess.
Germany vs Australia has been the better so far but it also has a back red card call against Australia.

EDIT: After seeing the aftermatch replay it was a dangerous tackle.

flamethrowerguy
06-16-2010, 12:44 PM
Early matches don't seem to be the best, find your feet and style then go from there i guess.

Right, by now every team has started into the tournament and the level was pretty low. Ironically Germany was one of the better, maybe the best, team so far (Australia was very disappointing though).

flamethrowerguy
06-16-2010, 01:43 PM
Jawhol, but remember the cases with Greece and Denmarck, they both had European Championships in thier bags, but the next year they failed to even classify for the WC.

Concerning Greece, well, I guess I'll never understand how a team that played such a destructive and unalluring ball could win the championship.
Besides, as we speak, one of my co-faves Spain lost against almighty Switzerland...

downwithpeace
06-17-2010, 01:20 PM
The Swiss goal was something else, didn't know if i should cheer or laugh at the way it was scored. If that match was anything to go by then my thoughts on Spain were off.
Tonights match should be good, both France and Mexico need the win, Uruguay will probably want France to win which would allow them to go through on a draw or a 1-0 loss to Mexico depending on tonights score.

flamethrowerguy
06-17-2010, 05:13 PM
The Swiss goal was something else, didn't know if i should cheer or laugh at the way it was scored. If that match was anything to go by then my thoughts on Spain were off.
Tonights match should be good, both France and Mexico need the win, Uruguay will probably want France to win which would allow them to go through on a draw or a 1-0 loss to Mexico depending on tonights score.

Well, to keep it shortly now the match is over, France is screwed!

tankgeezer
06-17-2010, 05:40 PM

By the way just finished to wasted 90 minutes of my life, U.ar.guay and France 0-0, what a boring match, specially what a boring France.:neutral:

http://www.infobae.com/adjuntos/imagenes/85/0338543D.jpg
I get it now, Soccer is dancing..

downwithpeace
06-17-2010, 06:18 PM
Well, to keep it shortly now the match is over, France is screwed!

I think now the only way they can stay in is if Mexico or Uruguay loose and France beats South Africa by 4 or 5 goals but as we have seen France can't score.
If Germany win tomorrow i would say they are in to the next round, second spot for sure but if they do win tomorrow then i can see them beating Ghana as well.

flamethrowerguy
06-17-2010, 06:48 PM
I think now the only way they can stay in is if Mexico or Uruguay loose and France beats South Africa by 4 or 5 goals but as we have seen France can't score.

I'm pretty sure Mexico and Uruguay will sign a nice Latino non-aggression pact for the next match.;)
France may win 43:0 and it wouldn't mean shite then.
dwp, for you being Irish the French downfall must be a delayed gratification, doesn't it?:D

downwithpeace
06-17-2010, 07:38 PM
dwp, for you being Irish the French downfall must be a delayed gratification, doesn't it?:D

As the Irish match commentator said after the first goal "What comes around goes around" and i admit i felt a little justice was served :D

Ulquiorra
06-18-2010, 12:10 AM
I'm stuck between Brazil and Spain :D

downwithpeace
06-18-2010, 09:23 AM
Well that was a score i didn't expect, 1-0 to Serbia.
That ref was very bad but Germany took that penalty badly, they did have a good call for a second one but again that ref.

flamethrowerguy
06-18-2010, 10:28 AM
Well that was a score i didn't expect, 1-0 to Serbia.
That ref was very bad but Germany took that penalty badly, they did have a good call for a second one but again that ref.

It would be cheap to blame the ref for everything what went wrong.
Today's match showed exactly what I expected from the team in the first place. They were brought back down to earth today and it showed the real meaning of the victory against the Aussie leisure players (ok, I'm going over the top here...).
The Serbs did exactly what they had to do and they did it good!

downwithpeace
06-18-2010, 12:24 PM
Na i'm not just blaming the ref, German had their own part to play which they really didn't do to well but that ref just interfered way to much i my opinion. Not surprising that the commentator said he gave out 11 red cards in 17 La Liga matches.

The USA had a good come back, 3rd goal disallowed for pushing int he box or something like that.

Panzerknacker
06-18-2010, 04:08 PM
Ja, I am sure everybody remember my reservations about Spain. We in the other hand aldeady in, let see if is against the Mexinarcs or ur.ar.guay.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.fanaticos.com/media/2010/06/456-higuain-afp-getty.jpg

By the way ugly UK.

pdf27
06-18-2010, 04:34 PM
Just watched England being lucky to scrape a draw against Algeria. What a waste of 2 hours of my life!

flamethrowerguy
06-18-2010, 05:04 PM
Ja, I am sure everybody remember my reservations about Spain. We in the other hand aldeady in, let see if is against the Mexinarcs or ur.ar.guay.

Yup, the way it looks now Argentina is the only team of the "big ones" that did not disappoint.
For me they're absolute favourites now which would mean that 32Bravo would not lose his "dosh".:D
Besides, I guess it will be the Urus to play against Argentina, Diego Forlan is great!

flamethrowerguy
06-18-2010, 05:08 PM
Just watched England being lucky to scrape a draw against Algeria. What a waste of 2 hours of my life!

Like all the other European top teams so far they failed. At least a cold comfort for the tortured German soccer soul on a day like this...;)

Panzerknacker
06-18-2010, 06:53 PM
Yup, the way it looks now Argentina is the only team of the "big ones" that did not disappoint

Hopefully we will not get smashed in the 4terfinals as usual.

Besides, I guess it will be the Urus to play against Argentina, Diego Forlan is great!

I hope no, Uruguay is stronger than mexico, probably will get too tired to knock them out and then....

England was poor this afternoon, but at list showed more blood in his veins that France, france my good, I wont dare to talk about it.

http://www.as.com/recorte/20100618dasdasftb_95/XLCO/Ies/20100618dasdasftb_95.jpg

flamethrowerguy
06-18-2010, 07:05 PM
http://www.as.com/recorte/20100618dasdasftb_95/XLCO/Ies/20100618dasdasftb_95.jpg

I remember that scene, thought it would break the Algerian in half!:shock:

Nickdfresh
06-18-2010, 07:56 PM

The USA had a good come back, 3rd goal disallowed for pushing int he box or something like that.

A horrible frigging call! :mad:

downwithpeace
06-19-2010, 04:05 AM
Well there's still Holland to prove there is some talent left in western Europe, not that i'm going to say anything about it since my past thoughts went from likely to completely wrong. Still it will light a fire under every teams butt now, still chances for Germany, England and the USA.

flamethrowerguy
06-19-2010, 09:35 AM
Well there's still Holland to prove there is some talent left in western Europe.

They won both their matches, right, but without playing too well. That's even the public opinion in the Netherlands.

downwithpeace
06-19-2010, 04:05 PM
Wasn't to impressed with their play either, it's still two wins though which is more than the other teams can say.
I still think some of the bigger teams will sort their issues for the last games and then hopefully we will see some better matches from them in the next round, those that get there.

Panzerknacker
06-22-2010, 06:36 PM
2 goals cooked Greece, I hope England get trough, we might face them in 4terfinals

You might ask : The mexicans in 8th finals ???, the mexicans are already out.

A word about France: What a patetic clown Domenech is...he think that for not moving a muscle when his side is losing he might be the new Clint Eastwoon in "Dirty Harry", a big broom is needed in that team.

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/9528/dibujodkp.jpg

flamethrowerguy
06-23-2010, 09:55 AM
A word about France: What a patetic clown Domenech is...he think that for not moving a muscle when his side is losing he might be the new Clint Eastwoon in "Dirty Harry", a big broom is needed in that team.

That's why one of his players told him to **** himself up the ***. Furthermore he called him something what you would translate as 'hijo de puta'.;)
Domenech's mother wasn't amused I read...

downwithpeace
06-25-2010, 03:58 AM
Some interesting next round matches after been lined up and Italy going home isn't all to surprising either.

Nickdfresh
06-25-2010, 07:58 PM
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/comment/9/2010/06/674c76d2a92cb93c0cb8a377173ab620/340x.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_eFEULRUvt6I/TBdi8wlATUI/AAAAAAAAAiY/mPeE0C7a_Dk/s1600/vuvuzela.jpg

FW-190 Pilot
06-27-2010, 04:37 AM
What do you guys think about Germany and England?

flamethrowerguy
06-27-2010, 09:00 AM
See my post #24 in this thread. Three weeks ago I wrote Germany will be annihilated by England.
Well, since England is playing not so well I think we won't be annihilated but Germany will be narrowly defeated.

Nickdfresh
06-27-2010, 11:28 AM
Well, maybe not narrowly...

downwithpeace
06-27-2010, 11:55 AM
Well that was unexpected.

Interesting too that Blatter was there since he's been against goal line tech.

pdf27
06-27-2010, 12:19 PM
See my post #24 in this thread. Three weeks ago I wrote Germany will be annihilated by England.
Well, since England is playing not so well I think we won't be annihilated but Germany will be narrowly defeated.
I think you underestimated how badly England can play together as a team. The two goals they scored were really rather good, while the 4 Germany scored were largely the result of England cock-ups. No question but that Germany deserved this win.

flamethrowerguy
06-27-2010, 06:50 PM
Damn, that was intense...Germany played surprisingly well until England's first goal. I'm sure the match would have been a much different one if the ref and his team had approved the second English goal. I was surprised that England practically gave up around the 70th minute, this was pretty un-English.
Anyway, I guess after 44 years we're even...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYixmHvnN0s

FW-190 Pilot
06-30-2010, 01:59 AM
Shootout is the most unfair way to end a game, they should have played OT until someone scores the winning goal

flamethrowerguy
06-30-2010, 05:32 AM
Shootout is the most unfair way to end a game, they should have played OT until someone scores the winning goal

Dunno, if you're referring to the Paraguay vs. Japan match I'm afraid they'd still play as I'm writing this...

downwithpeace
06-30-2010, 07:30 AM
Penalties are unfair on the person who misses or has his shot saved but it's also the fastest way to end the match.
Probably not an issue originally but since all the matches are televised it prevent to much of time issue.

I thought some of the players were asleep in the Paraguay vs Japan extra time, almost certain i saw a blanket and pillow at one stage.

FW-190 Pilot
06-30-2010, 05:24 PM
Penalties are unfair on the person who misses or has his shot saved but it's also the fastest way to end the match.
Probably not an issue originally but since all the matches are televised it prevent to much of time issue.

I thought some of the players were asleep in the Paraguay vs Japan extra time, almost certain i saw a blanket and pillow at one stage.
They could have gone with 9 vs 9 to open more space, allowing easier time for players to score.

Panzerknacker
06-30-2010, 06:39 PM
Was kind of embarrasing to see how easy the germans penetrate the english defensive lines. Too bad the second british goal wasnt allowed. aniway I think England started to lost in the qualifing row, I mean come on guys, you should won against Algeria so no to play Germany.

Now is our turn, let see if the high mobile argie attackers could defeat the "sigfried" line of Muller and Co. I am confident that we will, we have a team far superior of the one beaten 4 to 1.:mrgreen:

FW-190 Pilot
07-01-2010, 03:10 AM
I think the most embarrassing moment of the world cup is the referee, they literally ruined the game!

downwithpeace
07-01-2010, 08:23 AM
There were a few refs that didn't let the game flow, free kicks even when advantage would have been fine.

navyson
07-01-2010, 11:02 PM
Germans are adding lockerroom reading material:
Germany captain Philipp Lahm added to the head games Thursday by essentially calling the Argentines hot heads.

“We have to concentrate on our own game. They are temperamental, we’ll see how they deal with defeat on Saturday,” Lahm said. “They are impulsive, temperamental and they don’t know how to lose.”

Lahm’s comments upped the ante after midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger said Wednesday that Argentina showed no respect for opponents and referees. Team manager Oliver Bierhoff then chimed in by saying the Argentines were “aggressive” and “provocative” on the field. Courtesy of AP Sports

flamethrowerguy
07-03-2010, 01:49 PM
Argentina - Germany 0:4

Un****ingbelievable!!!

flamethrowerguy
07-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Germans are adding lockerroom reading material:
Germany captain Philipp Lahm added to the head games Thursday by essentially calling the Argentines hot heads.

“We have to concentrate on our own game. They are temperamental, we’ll see how they deal with defeat on Saturday,” Lahm said. “They are impulsive, temperamental and they don’t know how to lose.”

Lahm’s comments upped the ante after midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger said Wednesday that Argentina showed no respect for opponents and referees. Team manager Oliver Bierhoff then chimed in by saying the Argentines were “aggressive” and “provocative” on the field. Courtesy of AP Sports

Yup, some of them certainly remembered the 2006 quarter final's aftermath against Argentina...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uHbbWGLwNE&feature=related

Nickdfresh
07-03-2010, 06:16 PM
I had a chance to watch some of it, and the Germans remind me of an axiom generally used in (playoff) NHL (U.S.-Canadian) hockey: "It's not the best team that wins a series, it's the team that's playing the best." The Germans play so well as a unit they seem to give everyone fits...

Panzerknacker
07-04-2010, 02:53 PM
My sincere congratulations to all the germans here., it was in fact an atonishing display by Germany: Around here nodody see it coming, for 6 hours after the match no a single sound was heard, and that is in a big city. It fell like a bomb actually, like several bombs.

Maradona has not been worst nor better than the last argie managers, 2002 argentine was "franced" not reaching the 8th finals, in 2006 we lost in the penalty shootout against the same enemy, dont seems to me that maradona is the problem, the problem is that as a team, Germany is superior, simply like that

downwithpeace
07-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Another good display by the German team, their speed was amazing to watch after they counter attacked.
Hoping for a German Dutch final since they would probably deliver the best game out of the teams that are left.

flamethrowerguy
07-05-2010, 06:55 PM
Hoping for a German Dutch final since they would probably deliver the best game out of the teams that are left.

This brings up a potential worst case scenario (from a German point of view) and its color is orange.:(

Panzerknacker
07-06-2010, 06:39 PM
Unless something extraordinary happen we will going to have a Germany-Netherlands Final. Today Uruguay played quite well but wasnt enough.

downwithpeace
07-07-2010, 11:57 AM
I think Germany will win tonight, not to sure about another thrashing but a win none the less.

flamethrowerguy
07-07-2010, 07:01 PM
Unless something extraordinary happen we will going to have a Germany-Netherlands Final. Today Uruguay played quite well but wasnt enough.

Seems like you underestimated the Spaniards after all...
Anyway, Spain deserved the victory and the (realistic) people in Germany know that being among the top four teams is the best one could expect of this quite young and unexperienced team.
I think being defeated by Spain in the semi finals is not as painful as a lost final against the Netherlands (but that's my personal thinking;)).

pdf27
07-08-2010, 02:10 AM
More relevantly, it looks like the octopus got it right again!

flamethrowerguy
07-08-2010, 08:13 AM
More relevantly, it looks like the octopus got it right again!

Yup, and we all hoped it would end up as a Paella ingredient...

downwithpeace
07-08-2010, 11:31 AM
Should have bet on the octopus.
Oh well, German team did very well and gave us so excellent if unexpected matches.

Panzerknacker
07-16-2010, 09:05 AM
Seems like you underestimated the Spaniards after all...
Anyway, Spain deserved the victory and the (realistic) people in Germany know that being among the top four teams is the best one could expect of this quite young and unexperienced team.
I think being defeated by Spain in the semi finals is not as painful as a lost final against the Netherlands (but that's my personal thinking).

I did, the championship by Spain was quite extraordinary.

flamethrowerguy
07-16-2010, 12:41 PM
...and the finale against the Netherlands was quite...intense!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/07/12/article-1294139-0A67BDE7000005DC-338_306x423.jpg
photo: EPA

Panzerknacker
07-16-2010, 05:17 PM
I have that assasin kick in my video channnel, De jong should be in prison. :evil:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Panzerargentino?feature=mhw4

downwithpeace
07-17-2010, 04:39 AM
The dutch team looked more like a karate team then a football team at times, not a great final.

flamethrowerguy
07-17-2010, 03:44 PM
The dutch team looked more like a karate team then a football team at times, not a great final.

Do you remember an attractive final?

downwithpeace
07-17-2010, 07:49 PM
Now that you mention it , nope.

Nickdfresh
07-18-2010, 09:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTFKjJaV15I

:lol:

downwithpeace
07-18-2010, 12:34 PM
The Starwars part is funny, sounds like Chewie.